Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

h2005 wrote: »
    This reads like something Rudy Giulani would come out with. Are you casting aspersions on the ref?

As an American I come here to escape the insanity but I have been having the same feelings as you expressed while reading the last page or two of this thread, albeit on a comical level not the sad, scary & pathetic level of discourse here in the states but same pointless back and forth.
    Forget Sheedy & ignore Donal Og. One's done for the year the other just trying to remain relevant. I do like the suggestion of Donal Og putting on the refs jersey & running 10k+ while getting all the calls right. Need 2 on a pitch that size in a sport so fast. Ref pool seems to have really dried up & I can understand why when you're getting questioned on TSG.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Congratulations to Kerry- why did PJ Delaney leave the Carlow setup?

Deskjockey wrote: »
    I'm no fan of donal og. But i don't think he questioned the integrity of the referee. He questioned the process of appointing refs. He also asked why wouldn't refs explain decisions afterwards. This is a soccer/tv thing, i think.

... ...

As an aside, the analysis of the Waterford Clare game was poor from both analysts (the ex Galway manager doesn't add much does he) , and didn't give enough praise to Waterford, with the primary focus on Tony Kelly and his injury.

Likewise the comment about Stephen O'Keeffe being disappointed about his reaction to the second goal (probably fair) wasnt replicated about Ken Hogan who had quite a bad day at the office when he looks back at the goals Tipp conceded. Of course Brendan Cummins from Tipp wasn't going to say that yesterday either...[/quote]

Analysis? I gave up on TSG for analysis years ago. I watch it because I'll watch anything GAA but stopped expecting quality analysis. Same goes for match day commentary, radio commentary is often much better. IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

I think Donoghue is excellent as an analyst. Very generous with his praise of the Galway management too to the point of almost admitting things he did wrong before them. Not many would be able to say that with their own ego at stake

Compare that to Derek McGrath and how he spoke about the Waterford management who followed him, some difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

8/10 teams competing in all Ireland semi finals in the last 3 years with 5 different finalists between 17-19.

Its a fantastic time for competitiveness at the highest level in hurling, in spite of what was said when the finalists were decided last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Ah Donoghue is shocking as an analyst. So boring and inoffensive. What did Loughnane call him..Father Trendy.Hes in good company . There are no decent analysts except Shefflin and Cummings. I like Donal O Grady because he is technical and astute. Duignans voice is shocking aswell. On Sky Nicky English is again terrible...JJ Delaney is likeable but talks himself into a corner ...he just needs to slow down...Jamies is so good...unreal ,the one pro on TV. That leaves Olli Canning...possible the least knowledgeable analyst on TV. I actually think he doesn't know many of the players names... hes the worst amd most incompetent analyst on tv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Ah Donoghue is shocking as an analyst. So boring and inoffensive. What did Loughnane call him..Father Trendy.Hes in good company . There are no decent analysts except Shefflin and Cummings. I like Donal O Grady because he is technical and astute. Duignans voice is shocking aswell. On Sky Nicky English is again terrible...JJ Delaney is likeable but talks himself into a corner ...he just needs to slow down...Jamies is so good...unreal ,the one pro on TV. That leaves Olli Canning...possible the least knowledgeable analyst on TV. I actually think he doesn't know many of the players names... hes the worst amd most incompetent analyst on tv

You're not too fond of Galway are you, Bill? :pac:

Galway have fantastic hurlers. Well done on todays result. Limerick will be very hard to beat. I read one poster saying their massively over rated and then in the next breath saying Galway will need a great performance to beat them. Limerick are very good. They arent over rated. They are beatable and Galway have the wherewithal to do it. I think they probably won't though. The simple chances given up to Tipperary today that they missed. Limerick will take more of them . Galway tendency to give away at least 1 calamity goal a game. Today it was 2. And 3 Limerick play a smarter game..stick to a game plan and trust it. Galway for all the talent usually crack under sustained pressure. They won today because Barrett was sent off. No other reason. If Barrett was on Galway would have lost by a couple. And the third week in a row..it has an effect
    Goalies puck outs were good until he started lamping them down ontop of the Kilkenny backs. He was at fault for that first goal. What us it with Galway teams that they give up at least one calamity goal a game in important matches and never have a top class shot stopper. Galway had their foot on Kilkennys neck and didn't have the instinct to press down. Thats Galway hurling in a nutshell. Tipp in the same position would have beaten Kilkenny by 10. Whelan was greedy tonight. Missed a few bad wides aswell. Flynns goal chance was an awful miss and Canning missed a few easy ones. The fouling in the first half was atrocious. Im not sure the Galway players have the brains to recover and become ruthless. Its just not in their nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

formerlyET wrote:
    Congratulations to Kerry- why did PJ Delaney leave the Carlow setup?

Congratulations also to all the players named in the GAA hurling team of the week. Fantastic achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,067 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Another Waterford vs Galway All Ireland final would be brilliant

Hope I'm wrong but the 3 week effect might hit the 2 teams and we will get the dream final of Kilkenny vs Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

PTH2009 wrote: »

Hope I'm wrong but the 3 week effect might hit the 2 teams and we will get the dream final of Kilkenny vs Limerick

Not my dream final

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

PTH2009 wrote: »

I suppose you're right. Nightmares are also dreams

Congratulations also to all the players named in the GAA hurling team of the week. Fantastic achievement.

How many from Kerry?

Some Tipperary men singing a Galway hurling anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4wHXoj-a3s&ab_channel=GavinPaterson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Brennan was a dead duck after his outburst. He'll be a loss to Laois. Will be interesting to see where he goes from here. Could he do a job for the Dubs?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Brennan was a dead duck after his outburst. He'll be a loss to Laois. Will be interesting to see where he goes from here. Could he do a job for the Dubs?

If Wexford had waited he would have been a perfect fit for them. Davy in fairness is super cute. He moved so fast that he caught the county board off balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The Niall in the statement is Nial Corcoran so there is a link if the County Board decide that Kenny is busted flush (he is). I think Kenny has a year left on his contract so the county board will probably decide to stick it out like they did with the Cunningham disaster. Eddie wouldnt be the most popluar man in Dublin hurling circles mind you.

Dublins problems go way beyond the management anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If Wexford had waited he would have been a perfect fit for them. Davy in fairness is super cute. He moved so fast that he caught the county board off balance.

Well Davy wasn't going to wait around, I'm sure pre season will be starting in a few weeks. Are Offaly giving Fennelly the chop? Maybe he'd go in there and get them back upto the Joe Mc.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Well Davy wasn't going to wait around, I'm sure pre season will be starting in a few weeks. Are Offaly giving Fennelly the chop? Maybe he'd go in there and get them back upto the Joe Mc.

I doubt that Offaly have the money to finance Davy and his entourage.

Hard to see that Kilkenny full forward line, lining up as named. Unless they see something in the waterford full back line they want to expose. I'd expect TJ to move into that full forward line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭raindodger

getting goose bumps already
    waiting all week for the matches
    now worrying can we win

formerlyET wrote: »
    Hard to see that Kilkenny full forward line, lining up as named. Unless they see something in the waterford full back line they want to expose. I'd expect TJ to move into that full forward line.

That ll be the team that starts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I'd imagine there will be an opening. There should be. No game plan whatsoever. Limited resources in terms of players but not making the most of them. A club team can thrive on 4/5 excellent positional players as Cuala have done, but that is dependent on having match ups against players in other clubs who are not inter county standard. That just does not happen in inter county and hoping that big lads are going to get breaks against inter county backs is hit and hope.

Brennan has done well with Laois so despite i would think his not being a great admirer of Dublin should be in the hat!

If looking for some hurling before this evening Antrim v Meath started not too long ago. Being streamed on YT

https://youtu.be/n1odrUMryrg

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭cave_dweller

One of my favourites weekends of the year! Nearly time for the first semi-final and should be a cracker.

I think Cahill will get the workrate and intensity at least to match Kilkenny and when you do that this Kilkenny team struggles. Even so, I've fancied Kilkenny all week and I'll stick with them. They're not as good as they were but they still have a very good team. They have a bit more experience at this stage and they also had a week off. I think that experience down the stretch will keep the scores coming for them and they'll win it. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to be wrong though!

Jesus cody is some man for the layers

He must have about 5 things on, he must dispise the cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Fingers crossed for Waterford but if I was a betting man my money would be on the cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

lol, Donal óg "I hope waterford beat them all the way back to Mooncoin"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I thought Kilkenny were slightly lucky with that first free

• Advertisement

Waterford need a score fast

Advertisement