Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

What a gang of absolute pricks

Hardly a braincell between them I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Hardly a braincell between them I'd say.

You can tell from looking at them that they were unemployed well before Covid. If we were being told not to wear masks, they'd be about chanting for their use. They just want to cause disturbance and crave a sense of meaning in their empty, lonely lives.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Theres no cure for stupid, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I seen there was some chat over the weekend on Ct values.

I was chatting to an ex-colleague who works over in the UK and asking him about the platform he works on and he said that Ct of 35 is deemed as fully recovered in a high risk setting. Anything above 35 and its dismissed as negative.

This was similar to my opinion of Ct 34 Here

He sent me a link from Welsh Health which is accessible on the net so free to post https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/publications/2020-08/technical-advisory-group-consensus-statement-on-recommended-testing-criteria-for-discharge-of-asymptomatic-patients-to-care-homes.pdf

He said that the average Ct for someone in hospital was around 27, but once they hit 32 they were good to go home as deemed recovered. He sent me some other documents which were really interesting, although they are a bit sensitive and I wont post them here as its a bit close to home.

531567.JPG

531568.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What a gang of absolute pricks
    They are and they know they are but confrontations are never wise and can go very badly. Not giving them oxygen is the best way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Will we see a spike late next week with schools being back and the amount of gatherings over the Halloween weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And people were asking why there was no "proper legal challenge". When THAT is the standard of the anti-restrictors is it any wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Is it 4000 or 6000 ?

You are being unfair .

If we had not restricted when we did ( which I remember you thought was totally unnecessary, btw ) we would be looking at that scenario now .

4000 free

6000 total

Level 5 was unnecessary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

harr wrote: »
    Will we see a spike late next week with schools being back and the amount of gatherings over the Halloween weekend.

I don't know of any Halloween activity in my area, where did you see this?

Is it 4000 or 6000 ?

You are being unfair .

If we had not restricted when we did ( which I remember you thought was totally unnecessary, btw ) we would be looking at that scenario now .
    Given that we are nowhere near a disaster in hospitals people are fully entitled to question how we came up with the predicted numbers to justify Level 5. Level 3 was not allowed to complete a cycle, yet our current decline in numbers is courtesy of Level 3 measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Is it 4000 or 6000 ?

You are being unfair .

We had a fraction of their incidence and they still don’t have anything like an Irish level 5 in place, 4 people allowed to visit a house, weddings with 40 people, they had 19k cases on the day we went to level 5 with twice our population, we had 1,300.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Thierry12 wrote: »

Level 5 was unnecessary

That's probably true with 20/20 Hindsight. Calling it is heck of a gamble, there's still 500-600 cases per day and 4 weeks to get that below 100... even with L5 not out of the woods yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭quokula

I fail to understand how people can have such a limited understanding of simple logic and cause and effect that they see COVID ravaging other countries with fewer restrictions, and see that Ireland isn’t suffering as much with more restrictions, and come to the conclusion that Ireland didn’t need restrictions because it’s number of cases is lower, apparently for some other unidentified reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Thierry12 wrote: »
    4000 free

6000 total

Level 5 was unnecessary

how can someone look the the number everywhere, not see them happening here (thankfully) and not think L5 was necessary.
    Even as a precaution!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

quokula wrote: »
    I fail to understand how people can have such a limited understanding of simple logic and cause and effect that they see COVID ravaging other countries with fewer restrictions, and see that Ireland isn’t suffering as much with more restrictions, and come to the conclusion that Ireland didn’t need restrictions because it’s number of cases is lower, apparently for some other unidentified reason.
    I'd avoid the limited understanding dig given you claim to have or choose to have limited understanding yourself here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

I don't know of any Halloween activity in my area, where did you see this?

No organised events in my area and and most decent people stuck to guidelines and it’s the first year ever we had no kids calling.
    What I am talking about is the hundreds of youths who gathered for bonfires and fireworks.
    A larger midlands town near me nearly had to draft in all available guards in Laois to disperse a huge amount of troublemakers.
    Guards in nearest town to me had to break up a house party with nearly 100 teenagers at it and came under a hail of bottles when they got to house. The same scenario was played out in many parts of other city’s around the country.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    how can someone look the the number everywhere, not see them happening here (thankfully) and not think L5 was necessary.
    Even as a precaution!
    Have you a time limit on this or will we just stick with it indefinitely as a precaution? We need other tools for this, none of which seem to be forthcoming from those who make such decisions. We also need far better predictions from them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Was going to ask a question why Dublin is so bad with numbers but think I got my answer with the footage from the Luas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

is_that_so wrote: »
    They are and they know they are but confrontations are never wise and can go very badly. Not giving them oxygen is the best way forward.

As they looked like they were all brave picking on innocent members of the public and causing trouble the Gardai really should have gone in and arrested them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

quokula wrote: »

Well said. Reminded me of this tweet by Dan O'Brien..

https://twitter.com/danobrien20/status/1322866090570141697

Was going to ask a question why Dublin is so bad with numbers but think I got my answer with the footage from the Luas.
    There's also the population density issue. If it doesn't respond to Level 5 we need another plan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

There's also the population population density issue. If it doesn't respond to Level 5 we need another plan.

If it doesn't respond to level 5, what other plan is there?

If it doesn't respond to level 5, what other plan is there?
    I have no idea but somebody had better have one anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭alentejo

There's also the population population density issue. If it doesn't respond to Level 5 we need another plan.

A good beating might do the trick for those Dubs!

alentejo wrote: »
    A good beating might do the trick for those Dubs!
    There are too many of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Eod100 wrote: »

Providing a negative test and still needing to restrict movements for 5-7 days is complete overkill (and won't be followed).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement