Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Have you read your "proof"???

You can say I am wrong when FF come out and say they are sitting down for talks with SF

Come off it, FF are capable of anything. They are too long in the tooth and slick to paint themselves in a corner and if they did it wouldn't sweat them to do an about turn any way.

Triangle wrote: »
    You'd honestly put a UI before homelessness, health, direct provision and the environment?
    That's absolutely the craziest thing I've heard. I'd love to see the results of the next election if SF came out and said that to folks.

Yes. It was a comment on Republicanism. Did you read the other posts or just see that one and go from there?
    I mentioned housing as it's a key reason why I give SF and others my support. The point, should you be arsed is I would love a united Ireland but that does not make you a SF or nobody voter. In that if SF changed their housing policy to be more like FG's I'd not vote for them. It's all there if you'd bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    Hardly nonsense. You are pulling up previous comments and asking loaded questions while adding nothing.
    I do believe they are getting something in return. A bribe is not the same as hiring someone you like because they acted in a way you like. You have to be very careful using such terms.

Adding nothing? I am highlighting your nonsense which I have clearly outlined. You previously said you would go to the police/media if you had evidence, nobody would go to the police if they thought there was nothing illegal.

blanch152 wrote: »
    They weren't "expected" to go down because of Covid - that was a narrative painted by the poverty industry after the event, but not before.

In fact, if you go back to the start of the crisis, the same poverty industry were out there saying that the crisis would increase homelessness.

The numbers have been on a downward trajectory since November last year, with a big fall in December, before an increase in January, but the downward trend has been apparent since last year.

That's your anti-social take that great numbers of the people pretend they are homeless and pretend they are sick enough to attend A&E, despite countries all around the world citing Covid 19 as to why there are any drops in numbers. I'll take professionals the world over way ahead some FG spin.
    A few chancers doesn't explain away numbers quadrupling or records breaking each year.

No matter anyway Blanch you've form for claiming there's no link/proof and then ignoring it or disappearing when it's put in front of you.

christy c wrote: »
    Adding nothing? I am highlighting your nonsense which I have clearly outlined. You previously said you would go to the police/media if you had evidence, nobody would go to the police if they thought there was nothing illegal.

Nope. I outlined O'Brien getting a lot of contracts and it generally being a bad deal for the tax payer. The rest is all you.

• Advertisement

Nope. I outlined O'Brien getting a lot of contracts and it generally being a bad deal for the tax payer. The rest is all you.

You clearly stated that you believed politicians motives were illegal and you would go to the police or media if you had evidence. Go back and look if you've forgotten what you thought at the time.

It seems you have changed from thinking they were engaged in illegal behaviour to it just being bad deals. That's fine, people are allowed change their minds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

You have no idea if its a bad deal though. Outside of corruption, if he keeps winning the contracts it is because no one is offering to do them with better value. So you can either scrap the entire thing or go with the best value deal.

You deciding its a bit pricey is not the same as it being a "bad deal".

You clearly stated that you believed politicians motives were illegal and you would go to the police or media if you had evidence. Go back and look if you've forgotten what you thought at the time.

It seems you have changed from thinking they were engaged in illegal behaviour to it just being bad deals. That's fine, people are allowed change their minds.

Nope. I've no proof of such a thing.
    We don't know why FG continue to give Mr. O'Brien contracts were the tax payer fares poorly. Outside of Lowry and what fruit the Siteserv investigation may bear.

I didn't raise O'Brien in this line of 'discussion' (or attack). It was stated I had conspiracy theories about him and yourself and others piled in.
    Yourself and the chap above are more interested in trying to get a dig in. Kinda telling and sad.

We don't know why FG continue to give Mr. O'Brien contracts were the tax payer fares poorly. Outside of Lowry and what fruit the Siteserv investigation may bear.

I didn't raise O'Brien in this line of 'discussion' (or attack). It was stated I had conspiracy theories about him and yourself and others piled in.

You believed politicians motives were illegal, now you don't you seem to be saying. That's fine, but don't be surprised when others assume you are still implying illegality.

Highlighting your nonsense or asking for clarity on if you changed your mind is not an attack.

Yourself and the chap above are more interested in trying to get a dig in. Kinda telling and sad.

Missed this edit. Highlighting rubbish is not sad or anything to do with getting in a dig. That's just your imagination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Yes. It was a comment on Republicanism. Did you read the other posts or just see that one and go from there?
    I mentioned housing as it's a key reason why I give SF and others my support. The point, should you be arsed is I would love a united Ireland but that does not make you a SF or nobody voter. In that if SF changed their housing policy to be more like FG's I'd not vote for them. It's all there if you'd bothered.

Lol, with 146 pages of comments, I don't have the time to read them all.

Irrespective of housing policy and different political parties. I said they would make it a priority over housing, health and everything else.
    Putting an ideological idea before the crisis of housing, health and the environment is wrong.
    They all need investment, and there's no money tree.

You believed politicians motives were illegal, now you don't you seem to be saying. That's fine, but don't be surprised when others assume you are still implying illegality.

Highlighting your nonsense or asking for clarity on if you changed your mind is not an attack.

"I have done the State Boards some service; they know't. No more of that".

Missed this edit. Highlighting rubbish is not sad or anything to do with getting in a dig. That's just your imagination.

You keep selling it like that. Nobody is buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,173 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Leo seemed quite optimistic that all three parties would vote for the deal at the Covid 19 press conf earlier.
    That would mean the Dail sitting on Sat?

You keep selling it like that. Nobody is buying.

Is this where you call me a shill again or is it something more pathetic? :)

Triangle wrote: »
    Lol, with 146 pages of comments, I don't have the time to read them all.

Irrespective of housing policy and different political parties. I said they would make it a priority over housing, health and everything else.
    Putting an ideological idea before the crisis of housing, health and the environment is wrong.
    They all need investment, and there's no money tree.

You shouldn't jump in to respond to one comment when you are too lazy to read the context.

Is this where you call me a shill again or is it something more pathetic? :)

No need I've spelled it out. I guess it's a conspiracy theory ;)
    You certainly have a bee in your bonnet and like to throw loaded questions and add nothing by way of discussion.

No need I've spelled it out. I guess it's a conspiracy theory ;)
    You certainly have a bee in your bonnet and like to throw loaded questions and add nothing by way of discussion.

So you go for pathetic nonsense about adding nothing again. I'll leave you to your gibberish. Good evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

As I said, you can ignore the language he used (on two occaisions) now, that is recognised 'door opening political speak' by the media and anyone honest.

The rest of us will move on.

You were wrong Shef, there are people in FF who will.

So in other words Francie nobody said it, your lying again.

So you go for pathetic nonsense about adding nothing again. I'll leave you to your gibberish. Good evening

I'll just keep repeating the fact that Mr. O'Brien, through Fine Geal, gets a lot of contracts and the tax payer usually doesn't fare too well. That's not a conspiracy theory.
    You have inferred I claimed numerous things. I keep disputing it. That's all you've done here today. Now you seem to be in a huff.

• Advertisement

Your welcome to bid yourself on it Bowie, these contract are put on the tenders website, nobody is stopping you

If you think it’s such a conspiracy, even if you don’t win you will be given feedback on your response v the winner so you will have all the facts, anyone can do it

This is similar to your vulture fund posts, need we remind you how that ended up :-)

I'll just keep repeating the fact that Mr. O'Brien, through Fine Geal, gets a lot of contracts and the tax payer usually doesn't fare too well. That's not a conspiracy theory.
    You have inferred I claimed numerous things. I keep disputing it. That's all you've done here today. Now you seem to be in a huff. Ciao.

I didnt infer anything. You did say that you thought that politicians were involved in illegality and I asked you to go back and look at the posts if you wanted.

The above is the conspiracy, that politicians are involved in illegality yet people like yourself can't produce a shred of evidence.

You have inferred I claimed numerous things. I keep disputing it. That's all you've done here today. Now you seem to be in a huff.

Have you the information on who bid on these contracts? What was the scoring? Who reviewed the tenders? Who came second ? Why did they come second?

You should know with most of these large tenders they are open to audit, the auditor is paid to find an issue, it’s not in their interest to find it squeaky clean. I’m sure you knew all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So in other words Francie nobody said it, your lying again.

What it all means Shef is that if the circumstances are right FF will negociate with SF.

Who knows after tomorrow it might be their only chance of ever seeing a share of the power again.
    I am sure there are many thinking about their vote falling to 13% and not stopping.
    Take cul de sac Martin out of the picture and it isn't hard to see them sitting down with SF tbh.

What it all means Shef is that if the circumstances are right FF will negociate with SF.

Who knows after tomorrow it might be their only chance of ever seeing a share of the power again.
    I am sure there are many thinking about their vote falling to 13% and not stopping.
    Take cul de sac Martin out of the picture and it isn't hard to see them sitting down with SF tbh.

SF need a lot to go for them
    1. the current option to fail
    2. MM to stay in control of FF
    3. MM to get the party to agree

Based on the above, if number 1 fails not a hope in hell the other two will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SF need a lot to go for them
    1. the current option to fail
    2. MM to stay in control of FF
    3. MM to get the party to agree

Based on the above, if number 1 fails not a hope in hell the other two will happen

Head off into an election on 13% in the polls or talk to SF?

Ha ha...you must be a member of a different FF to the one I know. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,173 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If Plan A fails to get past the post tomorrow. Expect serious thought in FF, sans MM, to go int talks with SF. The smell of power is a mighty motivator.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Water John wrote: »
    If Plan A fails to get past the post tomorrow. Expect serious thought in FF, sans MM, to go int talks with SF. The smell of power is a mighty motivator.

Will it necessarily be FF's call though? If the PfG is voted down by one or more of the parties, can Varadkar not just call a GE right away?

How many times do you have to be told an opinion poll isnt worth s**t

FF would risk more by joining with SF, all the supporters would leave and that would be an end to the party

Even now going into an election they will still have a core voters. join with SF and that will go. Even after the disaster and the recession FF still held seats.....

• Advertisement

I didnt infer anything. You did say that you thought that politicians were involved in illegality and I asked you to go back and look at the posts if you wanted.

The above is the conspiracy, that politicians are involved in illegality yet people like yourself can't produce a shred of evidence.

Look you're upsetting shefwedfan. Lets leave it there.
    Your welcome to bid yourself on it Bowie, these contract are put on the tenders website, nobody is stopping you

If you think it’s such a conspiracy, even if you don’t win you will be given feedback on your response v the winner so you will have all the facts, anyone can do it

This is similar to your vulture fund posts, need we remind you how that ended up :-)

Link?
    ..."What is a vulture fund" and I think one could actually answer. Done the same here and it was the same, no idea.
    You didn't even know what a vulture fund was. I doubt you are more qualified to Simon Harris
    I think we will put this down in the same pile as the "vulture funds" disaster
    The vulture things is a joke as well. Fired around by the papers and most people dont even know what they are.
    Based on a lot of comments people have no idea what a vulture fund is and anything something happens in Ireland the finger is pointed in the vulture fund direction....

Give me your definition of a Vulture fund. You keep repeating this randomly. Tell us what is your definition of a vulture fund, (I'll not bother requesting a point)? I mean lets put this mother f***er to bed huh? And yes please remind me, I feel you have a skewed fantasy version. As I recall some woman/girl kept repeating the question and even when answered, repeated it. Exactly like you have been, (I already answered you too).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement