Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,153 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    How many times do you have to be told an opinion poll isnt worth s**t
    How many times do i have to tell you, you are talking nonsense if you believe that. Political parties will even carry out their own, before they proceed.
    FF have been steadily falling since before the last election...they cannot get a rise in public opinion no matter what they do.
    FF would risk more by joining with SF, all the supporters would leave and that would be an end to the party
    Utter nonsense. If the supporters didn't leave when they crashed the economy they'll never leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

How many times do i have to tell you, you are talking nonsense if you believe that. Political parties will even carry out their own, before they proceed.
    FF have been steadily falling since before the last election...they cannot get a rise in public opinion no matter what they do.

Utter nonsense. If the supporters didn't leave when they crashed the economy they'll never leave.

If you read over the last few pages the FF/FG boys have succeeded in a diversion roundabout of ****e. I didn't even raise O'Brien and poor Shefwedfan is blathering about some vulture fund stuff.
    Anything but discuss FF/FG/Greens. Very odd.

If this is how they plan to serve their PFG, unlike Leo, I would not relish opposition. Years of 'I know you are, but what am I' and film quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    If you read over the last few pages the FF/FG boys have succeeded in a diversion roundabout of ****e. I didn't even raise O'Brien and poor Shefwedfan is blathering about some vulture fund stuff.

I assume this is directed at me and others seen as you have called me a shill before. Rather than accept the nonsense you have posted you point fingers at others, really pathetic stuff from someone who wants "discussion".

christy c wrote: »
    I assume this is directed at me and others seen as you have called me a shill before. Rather than accept the nonsense you have posted you point fingers at others, really pathetic stuff from someone who wants "discussion".

Mostly but not exclusively.

You might think Mr. O'Brien doesn't get many contracts and when he does the tax payer does better than he in the deal, but you'd be mistaken my friend.

Your comment here is just repetition as are my replies at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Mostly but not exclusively.

You might think Mr. O'Brien doesn't get many contracts and when he does the tax payer does better than he in the deal, but you'd be mistaken my friend.

Your comment here is just repetition as are my replies at this point.

"I might think..." and then you proceed to let your imagination run away with itself.

My comments are repetive, but maybe you're a variation of the guy in Austin Powers who answers questions after he has been asked three times. Or maybe its easier for you to claim people who disagree with you are blind FF or FG supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

If this is how they plan to serve their PFG, unlike Leo, I would not relish opposition. Years of 'I know you are, but what am I' and film quotes.

FG are broaching a Huge risk; that they somehow think that in a future election, when they have the Union vote; that lab. and FG will win, to sort out the dilapidations of FFG,G. Leo seems to be doing mental gymnastics to aver from being the FG person who crowns ... FF. [and Well he might - f.f. now are massive serpents shot through the entire establishment of State].
    He likes Europe, but the gamble is, will the relinquishment of the present, be deathly for him.

We see the 'stepping up' and 'stability' spin for what it is, blarney. I find it hard to believe they think the general public are buying into it.
    The unions look after themselves. That's their job. I can't see FG pleasing the unions and serving the millionaires and corporations at the the same time.
    Varadkar doesn't have the finesse required and he gets snotty and petulant when called out.
    The public love the political cute hoor but they detest a self important smart arse. That's why FF have historically fared better than FG.
    I don't see a strong FF leader coming soon either.
    Sad times for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

You spent weeks “blathering” on about vulture funds and didn’t even know what a vulture fund is

Since then your constant “mistakes” are amusing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

FG are broaching a Huge risk; that they somehow think that in a future election, when they have the Union vote; that lab. and FG will win, to sort out the dilapidations of FFG,G. Leo seems to be doing mental gymnastics to aver from being the FG person who crowns ... FF. [and Well he might - f.f. now are massive serpents shot through the entire establishment of State].
    He likes Europe, but the gamble is, will the relinquishment of the present, be deathly for him.

My head already hurts.

Look you're upsetting shefwedfan. Lets leave it there.

Link?

Give me your definition of a Vulture fund. You keep repeating this randomly. Tell us what is your definition of a vulture fund, (I'll not bother requesting a point)? I mean lets put this mother f***er to bed huh? And yes please remind me, I feel you have a skewed fantasy version. As I recall some woman/girl kept repeating the question and even when answered, repeated it. Exactly like you have been, (I already answered you too).

I’m not upset, thanks

• Advertisement

You spent weeks “blathering” on about vulture funds and didn’t even know what a vulture fund is

Since then your constant “mistakes” are amusing.....

Good point...oh, wait.
    Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.
    Thanks for playing

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

While they may have done well in the election the Greens are unquestionably by far the weak link politically. Even if they approve, I'm inclined to think they will, the party may not survive and we'll probably see even more of the convulsing mentioned here.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/it-s-time-to-defang-the-attacks-and-reunite-the-green-party-1.4287651

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Most political parties have various wings and shades. The Greens always had two, the progressives, who would say, adapt modern tech and living methods to reduce impact on the planet. The other, say luddite wing which would be all about living frugally and making do with less.
    The second one is always a niche and impossible to sell to the general public.

In fairness Neasa's various positions have been, poor political judgement.

RTE seem to be assuming it's a done deal.

Sarah McInerney's intro...'What the Greens can expect as a junior coalition partner'...no if's or maybe's.

Green polling doesn't even close until 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Great stuff.
    Hopefully they have some insights into how the polling is going to make that decision.

Let's get back to some real politics and adults in charge, rather than the provos. They will also be happy, having avoided being forced into government

ELM327 wrote: »
    Great stuff.
    Hopefully they have some insights into how the polling is going to make that decision.

Let's get back to some real politics and adults in charge, rather than the provos. They will also be happy, having avoided being forced into government

Hopefully it is done, even for the simple fact another election will cost millions which we dont have...

We just have to listen to 5 years now of SF talking about "change" :eek:

Eamonn Ryan being touted as Minister For Transport and Climate Change on the Tweet machine (by journalists attached to the main newspapers btw)

If you need time to prepare for the shock of a Shinner Taoiseach you had better start prepping. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Only in Ireland would someone as useless as Ryan be seen as an improvement in Transport compared to that clueless tosser Shane Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,455 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Eamonn Ryan being touted as Minister For Transport and Climate Change on the Tweet machine (by journalists attached to the main newspapers btw)

If you need time to prepare for the shock of a Shinner Taoiseach you had better start prepping. :)

Why is that so shocking? Green Party member likely to get portfolio that is core to Green ideals. Shock horror!

Is this related to the SF claim that 'carbon taxes in and of themselves do not reduce emissions' without providing evidence during the GE?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/election-2020-fact-check-do-carbon-Taxes-reduce-emissions-1.4164248

The claim that is made in order to play into the SF working class base - being anti- general taxes.

Yet at the same time SF have described climate change as the "defining challenge of our generation” and said we are already “way, way behind”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/mcdonald-doesnt-believe-her-own-rubbish-913557.html

Talk about being in a rock and a hard place! SF do not seem as woke as they like to let on for all those young Green voters.

It is no wonder the Greens have sense, and are going into government rather than outside the tent pissing in like SF.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Delighted that this government will be approved. They will have their work cut out.
    As Yates said earlier, FG have outsourced the government to NPHET for 3 months, now we need a government that can
    guide us through the looming economic recession. History may not be kind to FG and the HSE when Covid19 is over. Hard to tell.
    Everyone in the Dail will be talking about magical money trees by early 2021!

Who gets Health?

• Advertisement

Why is that so shocking? Green Party member likely to get portfolio that is core to Green ideals. Shock horror!

Is this related to the SF claim that 'carbon taxes in and of themselves do not reduce emissions' without providing evidence during the GE?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/election-2020-fact-check-do-carbon-Taxes-reduce-emissions-1.4164248

The claim that is made in order to play into the SF working class base - being anti- general taxes.

Yet at the same time SF have described climate change as the "defining challenge of our generation” and said we are already “way, way behind”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/mcdonald-doesnt-believe-her-own-rubbish-913557.html

Talk about being in a rock and a hard place! SF do not seem as woke as they like to let on for all those young Green voters.

It is no wonder the Greens have sense, and are going into government rather than outside the tent pissing in like SF.

No shock at all.

Just telling you what it will mean down the 'road'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Hopefully it is done, even for the simple fact another election will cost millions which we dont have...

5 years, 5 months.. This farce won't last especially if they make Ryan Minister for Transport

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No difference to FG talking about "New Politics" really. Except that died a death very quickly after 2011.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

With an FF Super Junior Minister with a specific portfolio for the Road network (aka to protect the roads from the Greens..........)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,455 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

5 years, 5 months.. This farce won't last especially if they make Ryan Minister for Transport

You know well by then you will be cycling to and from Oriel Park. And longer journeys you will have your electric car by then. And it decked out in Dundalk colours. You will have more smell of BO though. Saving water.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

As far as I am concerned the "defining challenge of our generation" was persuading the Sinn Fein/IRA mob to stop killing their neighbours or anyone who gets in their way when stealing money. The challenge now is to stop them trying to pretend they are a "left wing" party so fragmenting and destroying any hope of an alternative to FF/FG (plus whoever is required)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Fionnán Sheehan on radio one just now reckons the Green vote will be 70 to 75% in favour ,I'd expect him to be in the know

Truthvader wrote: »
    As far as I am concerned the "defining challenge of our generation" was persuading the Sinn Fein/IRA mob to stop killing their neighbours or anyone who gets in their way when stealing money. The challenge now is to stop them trying to pretend they are a "left wing" party so fragmenting and destroying any hope of an alternative to FF/FG (plus whoever is required)

Wait now...we've just proved that FF and FG are the same thing and it was all a con.

One thing at a time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Water John

70% isn't far from 65%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Fionnán Sheehan on radio one just now reckons the Green vote will be 70 to 75% in favour ,I'd expect him to be in the know
    Eh, his track record is spotty at times but good news if it is true!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement