Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think you will find a lot of SF keyboard warriors on social media. At this stage instead of having a positive in the polls it is starting to take the negative.

People are sick of seeing the same stupid comments on every post and when asked to explain the person has no idea. Mostly as they are all been fed the same sh*t by SF....

Yes it will work on some people, but I seen the last few times when someone comes into our local area facebook groups with standard SF bulls**t they are quickly run out of the group. Maybe a year ago it would kick off a discussion.

If SF could actually think of something new, but it is the same stuiff as on here. Everything ends up with denis o'brien and a load of tinfoil hat c**p.

Or vulture funds :P then ask them what a vulture fund is and thye have no idea. I have asked about 20 people on facebook the simple question "What is a vulture fund" and I think one could actually answer. Done the same here and it was the same, no idea.

Social media works if used properly, something SF are starting to fail to do, numbers is not the answer, quality is the answer. Take yourself for example. You thought Leo was running FG since 2011 and then started abuse when corrected.
    This is where the term Shinnerbot came from!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I could answer that question but I think you should be able to work it out yourself....

Lets just say has any party said they will work with SF?

Yes i worked it out, they lied to get votes.

Plenty of TDs from FF have said they would work with SF, other parties aswell

I think you will find a lot of SF keyboard warriors on social media. At this stage instead of having a positive in the polls it is starting to take the negative.

People are sick of seeing the same stupid comments on every post and when asked to explain the person has no idea. Mostly as they are all been fed the same sh*t by SF....

Yes it will work on some people, but I seen the last few times when someone comes into our local area facebook groups with standard SF bulls**t they are quickly run out of the group. Maybe a year ago it would kick off a discussion.

If SF could actually think of something new, but it is the same stuiff as on here. Everything ends up with denis o'brien and a load of tinfoil hat c**p.

Or vulture funds :P then ask them what a vulture fund is and thye have no idea. I have asked about 20 people on facebook the simple question "What is a vulture fund" and I think one could actually answer. Done the same here and it was the same, no idea.

Social media works if used properly, something SF are starting to fail to do,
    numbers is not the answer, quality is the answer. Take yourself for example. You thought Leo was running FG since 2011 and then started abuse when corrected.

Did you see the election results?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭IAmTheReign

They are slowly cottoning on to it. And changed the issues they highlighted on social media when they realised Brexit and the economy did not click with voters.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2020-politicians-playing-catch-up-with-social-media-1.4148098

That's the funny thing about the economy though. People don't care about the economy when it's doing well. Nothing quite like sudden, rampant unemployment and a looming global recession to focus the minds of voters though. Which is why the economy came in as the single biggest issue in the recent Irish Times poll, bigger than both housing and health combined. Whether you like FG or not the general public still sees them as a steady hand to have on the wheel during times of economic crisis.

I'm sure they said that provisionally.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    This is where the term Shinnerbot came from!

Terms like that are why Mary Lou made a laugh of Leo during the election with Sinn Fein destroying FG in most areas on the country

Now Leo has spent 100 plus days doing anything he can to stay in power, and his faith is in the hands of the Greens and their members up north who rely on SF transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Yesteday it was "several" and today it is 'plenty"

Who are these TD's?

Yes I seen them, have you seen the reaction of people in Violet Anne area when they realized what just ticking SF has meant?

That was nothing to do with social media. That was just ticking a box of a party because everyone else was tainted.

As I said, what happens if next revolt vote everyone just decides to vote indepentent? where is SF vote then?

Nobody was as surprised at their success in the polls as Mary Lou, who wouldnt event let a second candidate in her area. If SF was so confident of social media why they run so few people?

P.S if you read the comment I said started, the social media from SF has driven voters from them since the election. The we "won" the election bulls**t we see everywhere is now a running joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Labour got a significant protest vote in 2011 and went in to government ahead of a recession. I think Mary Lou was boxing clever by not running enough candidates to go into government, then not making the effort to find a compromise with the first and third placed parties, then being mystified when the two parties she claimed were the same for years decided to try coalition.

Somehow on top of all this, she is also positioning that FF and FG are somehow excluding her party for government

Terms like that are why Mary Lou made a laugh of Leo during the election with Sinn Fein destroying FG in most areas on the country

Now Leo has spent 100 plus days doing anything he can to stay in power
    , and his faith is in the hands of the Greens and their members up north who rely on SF transfers.

Do you understand what has happened since the election?

Do you understand about forming a government?

Who would you have as taoiseach?

Yesteday it was "several" and today it is 'plenty"

Who are these TD's?

Yes I seen them, have you seen the reaction of people in Violet Anne area when they realized what just ticking SF has meant?

That was nothing to do with social media. That was just ticking a box of a party because everyone else was tainted.

As I said, what happens if next revolt vote everyone just decides to vote indepentent? where is SF vote then?

Nobody was as surprised at their success in the polls as Mary Lou, who wouldnt event let a second candidate in her area. If SF was so confident of social media why they run so few people?

As i said yesterday and you ignored (SHOCK)

Mayor of Cork Ian Doyle
    John McGuiness TD Carlow/Kilkenny
    Deirdre Kelly

Thats 3 off top my head

• Advertisement

As i said yesterday and you ignored (SHOCK)

Mayor of Cork Ian Doyle
    John McGuiness TD Carlow/Kilkenny
    Deirdre Kelly

Thats 3 off top my head

John McGuniness said they should consider

I havent seen anything else from the others?? link/quotes

Sorry but your "off the top of your head" normally means made up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Now Leo has spent 100 plus days doing anything he can to stay in power

The first thing leo said after the election was that it was up to SF to make the first move and that FG was preparing for opposition. He literally stood aside and SF failed to form a government. You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts lad

We get it, SF good / FG bad, that's all you need to say

That's funny.
    Destroying, with a similar percentage of the vote.
    Now Leo has spent 100 plus days doing anything he can to stay in power, and his faith is in the hands of the Greens and their members up north who rely on SF transfers.
    "We're getting ready for opposition"
    -Leo

Really sounds like "doing anything he can to stay in power"

Some people really have lost all touch with reality

John McGuniness said they should consider

I havent seen anything else from the others?? link/quotes

Sorry but your "off the top of your head" normally means made up

Fianna Fáil mayor Ian Doyle said he was "totally against" coalition with Fine Gael. "We canvassed this election on change," Mr Doyle said, before adding: "We didn't mean this insisting Mr Martin talks all parties

Young Kelly herslef, https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/its-clear-sinn-fein-are-locked-out-of-talks-martin-comes-under-fire-from-ff-members-999272.html

That's funny.
    Destroying, with a similar percentage of the vote.

-Leo

Really sounds like "doing anything he can to stay in power"

Some people really have lost all touch with reality

With all first preferences counted, it has 24.5% compared to 22.2% for Fianna Fáil and 20.9% for Fine Gael.

This time last week, SF were not getting mentioned as everyone thought Govt formation was done and now they are ****ting it again

Its fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    No, I am not suggesting tha you should know about each and every councillor or member, but you should take careful note of who is controlling a particular party.

I do know, people. Some are former IRA. You didnt know this? We know that's not true.
    You specified Bobby Storey. I guarantee you do not know the names of everyone who might have input on Fine Gael or Green party policy. We've covered this. It's not all elected members. We know the former FG advisor on housing is married to Goldman Sachs man in Ireland. She took Maria Bailey's spot and her husband now looking to be senator.
    You like to raise things and when they are done to death...raise them again a while later pretending its news.

With all first preferences counted, it has 24.5% compared to 22.2% for Fianna Fáil and 20.9% for Fine Gael.

This time last week, SF were not getting mentioned as everyone thought Govt formation was done and now they are ****ting it again

Its fantastic.
    That's interesting, because this is not the UK and we do not use FPTP. Therefore share of first preference is irrelevant.

It's share of the final vote after transfers etc that is relevant.

That's interesting, because this is not the UK and we do not use FPTP. Therefore share of first preference is irrelevant.

It's share of the final vote after transfers etc that is relevant.

and Sinn Fein still came out on top. Sinn Fein (according to some a party of murderers, criminals and led by the IRA in West Belfast) got more votes than FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,160 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

-Leo

Sometimes you know when someone is playing the political game,(they all do after all) and this was political game play and trying to make the best of an awful place for FG.

Playing to the core support, with a 'f*** you two fingers'. A core support who probably cheered him on for saying it. Indeed we seen a few here doing just that.

It was an indication of a huff to most other people.

When the pandemic bounce could be exploited Leo led FG into negotiations like a hot snot, as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It has been pointed out repeatedly to those who theorise a conspiracy about Denis O'Brien that there are numerous avenues of complaint under Irish and EU public procurement arrangements if there is any shred of evidence that there has been any departure from the legal provisions. If they have even the tiniest shred of evidence, that is the avenue to go. It is a much easier process than criminal proceedings being based on civil concepts of preponderance of evidence rather than beyond a reasonable doubt.

Yet, not a single such complaint has been made.

It's been pointed out repeatedly you lads keep asking for proof of claims never made.
    We know he gets a lot of contracts. We know he does well out of them. We know the tax payer usually gets rode.
    If that sounds like theres something more to it, that says more about how it comes across to the casual observer such as yourself there having been no claims made.
    Let's see if the Siteserv investigation finds any more 'inappropriate behaviour' on Noonan. I doubt it mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

That's the funny thing about the economy though. People don't care about the economy when it's doing well. Nothing quite like sudden, rampant unemployment and a looming global recession to focus the minds of voters though. Which is why the economy came in as the single biggest issue in the recent Irish Times poll, bigger than both housing and health combined. Whether you like FG or not the general public still sees them as a steady hand to have on the wheel during times of economic crisis.

Sadly the economy had recovered and was booming in the last election (which is why house prices rose) but one in four thought Sinn Fein would be a good idea

Truthvader wrote: »
    Sadly the economy had recovered and was booming in the last election (which is why house prices rose) but one in four thought Sinn Fein would be a good idea

Less thought FG were a good idea

Truthvader wrote: »

This quote is doing the rounds at the minute and I think you should read it and think about it long and hard. It was the theme of our last election and will also be the theme of the next one.
    "Economic growth accompanied by worsening social outcomes is not success. It is failure." - Jacinda Ardern

• Registered Users Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Sometimes you know when someone is playing the political game,(they all do after all) and this was political game play and trying to make the best of an awful place for FG.

Playing to the core support, with a 'f*** you two fingers'. A core support who probably cheered him on for saying it. Indeed we seen a few here doing just that.

It was an indication of a huff to most other people.

When the pandemic bounce could be exploited Leo led FG into negotiations like a hot snot, as they say.

Even they hadn't got a poll bounce, it was never tenable for FG to reject a reasonable offer from FF on government formation and trigger another election. It's political suicide for a pragmatic centrist party like FG to go into an election seeking a mandate to 'rebuild in opposition'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    It's been pointed out repeatedly you lads keep asking for proof of claims never made.
    We know he gets a lot of contracts. We know he does well out of them. We know the tax payer usually gets rode.
    If that sounds like theres something more to it, that says more about how it comes across to the casual observer such as yourself there having been no claims made.
    Let's see if the Siteserv investigation finds any more 'inappropriate behaviour' on Noonan. I doubt it mind.

I discussed this with you a some time ago and you believed the motive for looking after the rich (forget the exact term) was that politicians were getting something in return, i.e. were corrupt. Have you changed your mind in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Its fantastic.

Absolutely have to agree with you.

Last week SF thought that they had managed to avoid any responsibility for going into government, but if the vote fails tomorrow, they will really be ****ting it as they have to step up to the plate.

Even they hadn't got a poll bounce, it was never tenable for FG to reject a reasonable offer from FF on government formation and trigger another election. It's political suicide for a pragmatic centrist party like FG to go into an election seeking a mandate to 'rebuild in opposition'

The 'we are happy to go into opposition' melarky was bluff or huff.

Absolutely have to agree with you.

Last week SF thought that they had managed to avoid any responsibility for going into government, but if the vote fails tomorrow, they will really be ****ting it as they have to step up to the plate.

The leader of the party you vote for believes they were serious about going into government.

One wonders why you vote for that party at all...you seem to be at odds with them on so many fronts.

This quote is doing the rounds at the minute and I think you should read it and think about it long and hard. It was the theme of our last election and will also be the theme of the next one.

You might think so but however bad that is, it would also be true to say that economic decline accompanied by worsening social outcomes is a bigger failure.

That is where we are now compared to February, and that first part - economic growth - is where most people will be at, come the next election.

• Advertisement

The leader of the party you vote for believes they were serious about going into government.

One wonders why you vote for that party at all...you seem to be at odds with them on so many fronts.

How am I at odds with them? They have agreed a PfG that I am happy with. I expect that a majority of Green members will be shown to agree with me tomorrow, whether that is a 2/3 majority is the question.

You are imagining something that doesn't exist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement