Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

dvdman1 wrote: »
    Does your wife know you'll be running 2 sims? Lol

:-D :-D :-D
    I'm a girl and he knows I wanted to use the other phone. But yes I walked right into that joke. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

This seems too good to be true. My whole family have moved to Vodafone in the last couple of months, as the network is far superior to any other providers, particularly around rural Tipperary!

Do Eir piggy back off Three?

I put my daughter on Vodafone X at €20 a month. Surely they'll have to respond to this??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet. Any concern about clause 4.5? (Though I know the chances of it happening is very slim). Just curious what people think. I'm sure many people have their numbers for many years and to think that it can be changed at their discretion is a bit troubling.

4.5 You do not own the Number allocated to you. We can change the Number at our discretion and will not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, which might arise from such change.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 23,335 ✭✭✭✭ted1

eldamo wrote: »
    The only thing standing out as sketchy to me at the moment is the out of plan call charges
    https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf
    Specifically VOIP

493074.JPG

I havn't even seen the term VOIP used in years, when I am abroad though I tend to use whatsapp to call home, is that VOIP in this terms?

Have they figured out a way to bill for this separately to other data usage?

Sorry, this is probably nothing, but it just struck me as weird and this deal strikes me as a little bit too good to be true... (ever the skeptic)
    076 is the prefix for VOIP numbers in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Got my sim this morning. Signature required. But as it will fit in the letter box, some posties will sign for it, or scan it as being left in safe place (if option is allowed).
    It pays to look after your postie at Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

flanzer wrote: »
    This seems too good to be true. My whole family have moved to Vodafone in the last couple of months, as the network is far superior to any other providers, particularly around rural Tipperary!

Do Eir piggy back off Three?

I put my daughter on Vodafone X at €20 a month. Surely they'll have to respond to this??

No, they have their own network, previously meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lau1247 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has asked this yet. Any concern about clause 4.5? (Though I know the chances of it happening is very slim). Just curious what people think. I'm sure many people have their numbers for many years and to think that it can be changed at their discretion is a bit troubling.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that in every operator's T&Cs

Also it might only extend to the 085 number allocated to your SIM. That usually gets overridden when you port your own number in.

They aren't going to take ownership of your ported number.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

ted1 wrote: »

Currently 076 numbers are included in my unlimited plan with Eir simo deal, will be curious to see if that’s the case now with GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

oh great, that makes a lot of sense.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

076 is the VOIP prefix but there are also VOIP numbers with prefixes that are usually geographic, and technically people who get their landline service from Virgin are VOIP users. This means that they can't use services like Phonewatch.

GoMo should clarify where exactly the VOIP rate applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

When signing up and under account type, whats the difference between Prepay registered and Prepay Unregistered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

my wife is currently with Eir (non contract) paying €25pm

am i wrong in assuming the service/coverage would be exactly the same as using the same network?

also would her number need to be ported seeing as currently with Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Shane_ef wrote: »
    My sim got mis sorted by an post :(

Mine too, it ended up in Waterford instead of Clare!

AnPost overloaded with the demand!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Did everybody get an email straight away after signing up?

I signed up, got the confirmation screen (and number) but no email...?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Can you port your number over a later date if you choose not to port when initially signing up?
    I'd like to try the coverage before porting my number over.

Or alternatively, if I choose when signing up to port my number over in a few weeks time, can I try out the SIM in the meantime or would it not work at all until the port date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Barr wrote: »
    No, they have their own network, previously meteor

As far as I recall, that was always the worst in terms of coverage

Anyone in any rural areas happy with their Meteor/Eir network? I know 3G was non existent in parts of rural Tipp on Three, until we moved to Vodafone. Now we get by quite easily

• Registered Users Posts: 23,335 ✭✭✭✭ted1

my wife is currently with Eir (non contract) paying €25pm

am i wrong in assuming the service/coverage would be exactly the same as using the same network?

also would her number need to be ported seeing as currently with Eir
    At the moment yes, but try may keep Eir as the premium brand and only offer 5G through Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

crisco10 wrote: »
    Did everybody get an email straight away after signing up?

I signed up, got the confirmation screen (and number) but no email...?

No, didn't get the email, registered myself last night via the MyGoMo link on the home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

What prefix numbers are people getting. I've an 085

Kind of lines up with it being meteor under a new name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Sorry or just bumping up my query ; I am struggling with flue - may even have been answered

I know some/all suppliers technically disallow hotspotting etc

but would there be an issue ?

It's not going to be a problem with the sim, but you'll need to make sure the modem is not network locked.

• Advertisement

My sim has shipped anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

theShire wrote: »
    Mine too, it ended up in Waterford instead of Clare!

AnPost overloaded with the demand!

Mine must have been in the same truck :D Clare also

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I signed up yesterday using my PTSB debit card, added my Revolut this morning without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭PCros

I'm with Eir on a contract - do I have to see this out or can I switch over now?

Luckylow10 wrote: »
    I think I answered my own question, their Help & Support page confirms that ur first bill is your mnthly plan plus previous usage.

Sounds expensive. I think I’ll order pay the initial fee and wait to activate on 1st nov.

Looks like you are correct about the billing date, however there is still a bit of confusion over the 9.99 activation fee, apparently its now the fee for the Oct bill!
    Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.
    Representative Mathew has joined the session
    Mathew [10:49:12 AM]
    Hey! Thanks for getting in touch. My name is Matthew. How can I help?
    Mathew [10:50:34 AM]
    I'm sorry, I haven't heard from you for a while. Do you still want to chat?
    You [10:51:36 AM]
    hi
    Mathew [10:51:54 AM]
    Hello, How can I help you?
    You [10:51:58 AM]
    I am enquiring about billing datse please
    Mathew [10:52:22 AM]
    Billing dates will be at the start of every month.
    You [10:52:42 AM]
    If I port my number over this friday, will I be charged 9.99 for the month of Oct or just pro rata up to the 1st Nov?
    Mathew [10:53:24 AM]
    Yes you will be charged for October and then the next Bill will be start of November.
    You [10:54:00 AM]
    So i will be charged 9.99 for a full month despite over half the month gone?
    You [10:55:10 AM]
    So what if someone ports on the 30th Oct, do they also have to pay the full 9.99 for Oct, then another 9.99 2 days later for Nov?
    Mathew [10:56:56 AM]
    Yes this is correct, if this is a problem for you, you can wait until the 1st November to sign up.
    You [10:57:54 AM]
    Ive signed up already, can I delay the porting process and not use the account till 1st Nov?
    Mathew [10:58:48 AM]
    You can choose the date and time of when you would like to port the number within your my GoMo account.
    You [10:59:20 AM]
    Yes, but when do I start getting charged is what Im asking now?
    Mathew [11:00:24 AM]
    So you've already been charged the 9.99 for the SIM, and your next 9.99 will be the 1st November.
    You [11:00:56 AM]
    But what if I use the sim when it arrives tomorrow?
    Mathew [11:01:40 AM]
    It will still be the same if you start using tomorrow, your bill will 1st November.
    You [11:02:10 AM]
    So just to confirm, the 9.99 for the sim is actually the billing fee for Oct?
    Mathew [11:02:30 AM]
    Essentially, yes.
    You [11:03:30 AM]
    Ah ok, that clear things up a bit. I am currently on a sim only deal with Eir, is this essentially the very same plan?
    Mathew [11:04:10 AM]
    We are on the same network as eir, so your coverage and all that will be the same.
    You [11:05:16 AM]
    ok, finally, one other question, 076 numbers are currently taken from my unlimited with Eir, will this still be the same with GoMo?
    Mathew [11:05:54 AM]
    Yes this will be the same, you will get unlimited calls to landlines with GoMo.
    You [11:06:28 AM]
    Ok, thanks for your assistance, much appreciated
    Mathew [11:07:04 AM]
    No problem, thanks for chatting with me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So they say on the site its simple, just pop the new sim into your phone!

My silly question is, I have a phone from Vodafone, do I have to get them to unblock it? The sim will hardly work straight away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Murof

Will your number be changed if you port over? I really don’t want the hassle of that. Can’t you keep your number? Confused

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

flanzer wrote: »
    As far as I recall, that was always the worst in terms of coverage

Anyone in any rural areas happy with their Meteor/Eir network? I know 3G was non existent in parts of rural Tipp on Three, until we moved to Vodafone. Now we get by quite easily

What areas of Tipp?

From going around parts of Tipp a good bit over the last few months, these are the black spots for Eir Coverage I discovered, again its touch and go coverage and 3G is poor:

New Inn, outskirts Cahir towards Clonmel, Templetouhy, Dundrum, Upperchurch, Templederry, Kilcommon, Puckaun, Golden, Aherlow, Drangan. Some examples. You will be able make calls and sent sms etc, but some data services are slow or will be very laggy.

Murof wrote: »
    Will your number be changed if you port over? I really don’t want the hassle of that. Can’t you keep your number? Confused

Porting is what the process of moving over your existing number to a new network provider is called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I'm with or was with 48months. I ordered the GoMo sim yesterday. It arrived today. I changed my "Move My Number" request from next week to today at 11am. I put my new sim card in, turned off my phone and turned it back on at 11:02 and I'm now on the GoMo network receiving calls and text on 4G. Happy customer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement