Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

flanzer wrote: »
    As far as I recall, that was always the worst in terms of coverage

Anyone in any rural areas happy with their Meteor/Eir network? I know 3G was non existent in parts of rural Tipp on Three, until we moved to Vodafone. Now we get by quite easily

A recent independent report by comreg showed Eir has the best coverage in Ireland

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Not really because it's an "activation fee".

3 options are:

Sign up in November, use from November - 10 euro then + 10 euro in December (no guarantee deal will cost the same though)

If you sign up now, you're paying until the end of October. So if you're not going to use it in October you will not get any usage for that 10 euro you paid, but they'll probably have more than 100k next month.

I think people are underestimating how quick this number will be reached, ID Mobile launched a similar deal a few years ago, it was all unlimited for 15e and was half of that for people with a friends and family offer. In the time they existed the only had 40k customers

I can't see that happening. iD had some great offerings (especially the staff offer for friends and family when they first set up) and by the time they closed down they only had about 50,000 customers.

Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Luckylow10

3 options are:

Sign up in November, use from November - 10 euro then + 10 euro in December (no guarantee deal will cost the same though)

If you sign up now, you're paying until the end of October. So if you're not going to use it in October you will not get any usage for that 10 euro you paid, but they'll probably have more than 100k next month.

so kind of is relevant if ur gonna sign up 30/31 oct. better to wait till 1st nov so u don’t pay extra €10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 ConorMcNuggets

Luckylow10 wrote: »
    so kind of is relevant if ur gonna sign up 30/31 oct. better to wait till 1st nov so u don’t pay extra €10

Well yes but there's the risk they'll have more than 100k by then but as others have said it is unlikely.

Anyways it's an activation fee, so it would be charged anytime. The fact it seems to cover the rest of the month you sign up in is a bonus.

• Advertisement

i purchased yesterday and got the sms but no mail

i registered my mail after and no mail yet

anyone else in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Go to my orders.

There's no downloadable invoice there and nothing showing VAT charge etc, which you'd need for accounting purposes. That's all usually displayed in bills, but seems to be nothing available for the initial 9.99 paid :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Rang eir to give notice on my 30 day sim only plan and was told I don't need to give notice and once the number is ported it will cancel automatically?

I'm a bit sceptical.... anyone else get told this? I was under the impression you need to give notice on the 30 day plans.

I signed up for gomo with a future date in November so hoping I wont get charged until then, still haven't received any email from them after signing up yesterday afternoon, this happen anyone else? Only small thing is the lack of wifi calling, I do get a bit of use out of it but its not that big a deal either.

I moved from rolling contract with Eir a few weeks ago and it's just shut down once the new operator takes over. I got a final bill but it was for €0.00. The only thing you need to do is set the port date to around your billing date. I assume if it's too far from that date you'll owe them something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Just signed up too, thanks OP.

Only concern is the coverage, possibly. But can always crawl back to 3 if that is an issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Sorry if this has been asked already, but will WiFi calling be available, on GoMo
    Tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but will WiFi calling be available, on GoMo
    Tks

No, not available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Tks

It won't be available

3 options are:

I signed up now and set a move date in November, I’m assuming that means I won’t pay for October (aside from the activation fee)??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I think people are underestimating how quick this number will be reached, ID Mobile launched a similar deal a few years ago, it was all unlimited for 15e and was half of that for people with a friends and family offer. In the time they existed the only had 40k customers

Not to mention there are about 6 million mobile subscribers in the country and over a million of those are machine-to-machine so you're looking at about 5 million subscribers. 100,000 customers would put them at 2% market share. Getting 2% market share in 2 weeks is not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

TheDriver wrote:
    WHats the catch? 100k customers is a lot

Eir customer care for 1

cormie wrote: »
    There's no downloadable invoice there and nothing showing VAT charge etc, which you'd need for accounting purposes. That's all usually displayed in bills, but seems to be nothing available for the initial 9.99 paid :confused:

A condition of GoMo is that it cannot be used to business or work purposes. It would be against their terms to claim the VAT back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

GarIT wrote: »
    A condition of GoMo is that it cannot be used to business or work purposes. It would be against their terms to claim the VAT back.

How would they know you were claiming the VAT back?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Signed up for this myself. Had been paying €30 a month for Three Broadband. However, I only need a few GB a month (motion sensor camera that record locally, so only need to "dial in" if something happens). Happy to pay €10 a month for this.

They wouldn't, but I'm just saying you can't really complain there is no receipt showing VAT when the service is not available to business users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

One thing to be aware of in this, and I'm open to correction. Your sim is activated from the day it is purchased, so if you port at the end of november, you will have to pay from today until then for that number. This was the way the old meteor/eir network operated.

If you buy the card with the port date set up for the end of November, then your fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

whats stopping someone buying this offer and only using the sim for data say in a dongle?

I signed up now and set a move date in November, I’m assuming that means I won’t pay for October (aside from the activation fee)??

it now seems the activation fee is the first months fee

Got SIM today, had originally set change over to the 18th, but moved it forward to today, and I moved it forward to 10 minutes from the time I was changing it on the site, but current sim is still working...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Senor Chang

So I got my sim today but it has the wrong phone number on it (I chose to keep my current number and have the verification text). I initially thought they sent me the wrong one and submitted a contact form saying that. I’ve now logged on and see that my account has the same number as the sim I received. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m assuming I’ll have to change the number back to my own and pay for a new sim now if I can’t get them to sort it

That sounds bizarre alright. I don't think there's any way they'd know you'd be claiming VAT back either.

Where did you see that in the terms GarIT?

So I got my sim today but it has the wrong phone number on it (I chose to keep my current number and have the verification text). I initially thought they sent me the wrong one and submitted a contact form saying that. I’ve now logged on and see that my account has the same number as the sim I received. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m assuming I’ll have to change the number back to my own and pay for a new sim now if I can’t get them to sort it

It will have a different number on the sim until your port is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

lau1247 wrote:
    Not sure if anyone has asked this yet. Any concern about clause 4.5? (Though I know the chances of it happening is very slim). Just curious what people think. I'm sure many people have their numbers for many years and to think that it can be changed at their discretion is a bit troubling.

I'm sure that would only apply to a number allocated to you, not a number transferred over. Most telcos have the same policy. It's to cover themselves in case you go get a ton of business cards done up with your new number, and it changes before activation. Very unlikely, even unheard of, that an active number would be changed, unless requested.

That sounds bizarre alright. I don't think there's any way they'd know you'd be claiming VAT back either.

I'm in work so can't go looking. They had something about cancelling your deal if they found out it was/had been used for business use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

They wouldn't, but I'm just saying you can't really complain there is no receipt showing VAT when the service is not available to business users.

Already answered...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭_John C

A little. I believe Eir still has 2G masts that are available if your connection to 4G and 3G are too weak or unavailable. GoMo will not be providing 2G.

If my phone can connect to 4G; will my voice calls use the 4G network? 3G is very bad in my area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement