Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭This is it

bunderoon wrote: »
    I'd expect a text to my current mobile number that I registered with. Or via the email address that I registered with .....dotdotdot

I got a verification code via text and then order confirmation by text and email. I'd fire them an emai tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Murof wrote: »
    I got both. I assume you got an activation code sent by text?

Yep, got the activation code via text during registration. But nothing afterwards. I've just send them a message via their contact page. Hopefully hear from them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

Have been trying to sign up and it says website down for maintenance. Hopefully offer still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

ED E wrote: »
    How would you get the text when you haven't got the SIM yet....

I got a text after I ordered it basically said "Your order is on the way, you'll get an email and text when its exected welcome to gomo"

I also got an email with a link to confirm my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭_John C

My current phone is from eir and its unlocked. If I need to/want to buy a new phone at some stage; where do I get one that will work with my gomo sim ? Over the years I could just buy online or in store from eir or vodafone depending who my plan was with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

No WiFi calling rules it out for our main phones but will do for the young uns

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ED E wrote: »
    THIS is huge.

Eirs single billing platform is a giant turd. Like Windows ME was better software. Total mess. I wouldnt trust it not to bill me €99900.00 instead of €9.99. CC payments mean I can firewall it onto a limited card (N26).

Someone posted earlier that it wouldn't accept their N26 card. I wonder if they're only accepting cards with Irish BINs.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

westyIrl wrote: »
    This will surely be a game changer, good for price but I have my doubts as regards support and service. It surely must be only a matter of time before the other two MNOs get down in the pit with Eir and create wholly owned MVNOs under their own umbrellas to offer no frills, online only shop and support. How they can differentiate this offer from their higher cost tiers is not apparent at all.

Three (then O2) did just this several years ago with 48. And I imagine they'll tweak the 48 offer to compete. Vodafone haven't entered this space yet in this country but they have in the UK so there's hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,521 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Got the order confirmation text OK this evening after ordering but no email regarding MyGoMo account registration.

As per the mini FAQ at the bottom of the home page I followed the instructions and registered the account.

My order is "IN PROGRESS" according to the information on the account, also €9.99 activation fee was deducted from my bank account earlier.

How do I register for MyGoMo?

Once your order has been placed you’ll receive an email from us to verify your email and set up your account. Just click the link in the email you receive and follow the steps to register. This link will expire within 12 hours but don’t worry, if it does go to www.MyGoMo.ie and click ‘Don’t have an account? Register’ to set up your email and account.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

SIM sent yesterday evening, and my GoMo account details page has now updated with my (new) phone number (085), PIN & PUK.

It still shows the option to port my number, so I guess I'll be able to do that instead of resubscribing again in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Quackster wrote: »
    Someone posted earlier that it wouldn't accept their N26 card. I wonder if they're only accepting cards with Irish BINs.

I used my revolut card with no issues. That might be an option for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

long_b wrote: »
    No WiFi calling rules it out for our main phones but will do for the young uns

Where / how do you k ow there is no WiFi calling. That's a deal breaker for me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Reati wrote: »
    Where / how do you k ow there is no WiFi calling. That's a deal breaker for me too...

How is this a dealbreaker for people when it’s a feature of more expensive Bill Pay plans with Eir/Vodafone only?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Lissavane wrote: »
    I don't see why not. Obviously her phone can't use the data part of the package. The phone would need to be unlocked / able to use a Meteor / Eir / Gomo sim.

Like 3 they do not provide 2G so older phones won't work unless they are capable of receiving 2G signals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

_John C wrote: »
    My current phone is from eir and its unlocked. If I need to/want to buy a new phone at some stage; where do I get one that will work with my gomo sim ? Over the years I could just buy online or in store from eir or vodafone depending who my plan was with.

Amazon.co.uk if there is no Brexit. Amazon .es .de or .fr is there is. Gearbest or Bangood, direct from the manufacturer, An apple store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

wizardman wrote: »
    You do not need to contact your current provider if you're keeping your current number

Apologies if 100 people have asked this altready, but is this the same for bill pay accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Reati wrote: »

Lack of Wifi calling confirmed
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111517612&postcount=2973

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    How is this a dealbreaker for people when it’s a feature of more expensive Bill Pay plans with Eir/Vodafone only?

I have it on a rolling Eir 30 day plan (having been on BillPay)
    No coverage in parts of my house without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Is tethering allowed ? Cant seem to find the answer, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Is tethering allowed ? Cant seem to find the answer, thank you.

No restrictions on tethering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭skinny90

Apologies if 100 people have asked this altready, but is this the same for bill pay accounts?

Yes and no. You don’t have to contact your current bill pay provider that your moving the number. However post pay accounts need to be deactived or stopped. If your out of contract you need to call and give your 30 days. If your in contract you may be required to pay a cancellation fee but ultimately you need to cancel as you do not want to be forking for 2 bills

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

You need to cancel your existing direct debit with your bank.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Nightmare trying to switch 2 numbers on a mobile device so may have to do it on a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Eir wont let me cancel using chat.
    Cant them call today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

gar wrote: »
    Eir wont let me cancel using chat.
    Cant them call today

Is the switching not done automatically during port over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

giving them notice to cancel the rolling contract

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 ConorMcNuggets

I forget if I have a nano or micro sim. They didn't ask when I signed up. How do I manage that?

Also I selected to move on Friday, but I won't be able to get access to the sim for a few weeks. What happens here?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Got a message from AnPost to say Sim is out for delivery today. Not sure if will need to sign or if they will drop in the mailbox. I won't be at home so i'll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just received an email from an post to say delivery today so looks like this is their choice of postage which suits me. Quick turnaround from gomo, ordered at lunchtime yesterday for port on Friday and receiving less than 24 hours later. Good start from them

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭cuculainn

This offer is show ing up as 10GB per month. does that mean that 100K have already signed up?
    I have signed up now but looks like will only get 10GB data:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

has anyone successfully registered to mygomo?
    I've clicked on "Dont have an account? Register", gave them my email (the one used to order the sim) and nothing... no email back with a verification link, checked spam filters and all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement