Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Is this unlimted calls to all mobile networks in Ireland, not just free Eir to Eir?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Is this unlimted calls to all mobile networks in Ireland, not just free Eir to Eir?

I'm nearly certain this has been answered a dozen times already in this thread and is on the front page of their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

HighLine wrote: »
    I used my Revolut card when signing up without any issues.

Also.. I wonder is it possible to bring forward your porting date/time. I set mine to next week because I presumed there would be a delay in shipping sim cards.

I just changed my port from Friday 18th to tomorrow - I had forgotten my VF prepay runs out at midnight tonight

It's under My Account-->Move my number
    You can change date and time there
    (Hope I didn't feck mine up now, I'll find out tmorrow);)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 ConorMcNuggets

cormie wrote: »
    I got mine delivered today too! That was fast!

I'm trying to find an invoice for the €9.99 that's already been charged to my card for accounting purposes, but can't seem to find it on the account page. It just says €0.00 charge so far on the bill page :confused:

Go to my orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

uchimata83 wrote: »
    I'm nearly certain this has been answered a dozen times already in this thread and is on the front page of their website
    Probably need a sticky from the op on commonly asked questions

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I just changed my port from Friday 18th to tomorrow - I had forgotten my VF prepay runs out at midnight tonight

It's under My Account-->Move my number
    You can change date and time there
    (Hope I didn't feck mine up now, I'll find out tmorrow);)

What does it even mean?

Is that when your number gets switched from say, 48 to gomo? Do I need to cancel 48?

If I change date to a few weeks time do I still get included in first 100k? And when does the billing start?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Any eir customers having issues logging in? Can't get to https://my.eir.ie/login

Just getting "One Moment"
    I want to get my acc number to port.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Any eir customers having issues logging in? Can't get to https://my.eir.ie/login

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

same issue been trying since 8am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Did you have to sign for it?

Didn't need to sign. Was just left in the letter box with the normal post.

Do I have to cancel 48 membership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, ring Customer Care, answer some security questions and they will give you your account number.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Thank you for contacting us. I want to inform you that there is an outage.
    It may take up 24 to 48 hours because we are upgrading our my eir system.

Awesome.
    Yeah, ring Customer Care, answer some security questions and they will give you your account number.

Might have a copy of bill handy. Ever ring ring Customer Care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

I believe that wifi calling is a feature on newer phones where you can use wifi for your regular calls, switching over to wifi for example when GSM signal is poor.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 snooples

Yep - Im getting the 'one moment' too! Tried differant browsers and devices, same thing. I'm trying to get a response from eir on the their webchat - no joy yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

snooples wrote: »
    Yep - Im getting the 'one moment' too! Tried differant browsers and devices, same thing. I'm trying to get a response from eir on the their webchat - no joy yet.

Any bills in your email inbox? Or other details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Can I use as a hotspot

Have a 3 modem with only 15 GB allowance and it costs me 12 a month

( Old student contract)

Sorry or just bumping up my query ; I am struggling with flue - may even have been answered

I know some/all suppliers technically disallow hotspotting etc

but would there be an issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Anyone having problems with the MyEir site? It keeps hanging for me just after login at "One Moment".

Was trying to get my account number in order to setup the port and ended up having to ring Eir customer care. Won't mind double checking the account number.

Anyway I think this is a no brainer, I'm on Eir already and paying €25 for unlimited calls and texts but just 10GB of data. On a heavy month of data usage I can come close to that 10GB limit.

GoMo could be a good option for use in a 4G router as well, I have just got setup with a 3 sim in my router.

Yeah it could work well in a router. I have an Eir Payg ayce in a router. Speeds are good at most times. I'm thinking of trying one, if it's no good I'll port it to my mothers number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

What does it even mean?

Is that when your number gets switched from say, 48 to gomo? Do I need to cancel 48?

If I change date to a few weeks time do I still get included in first 100k? And when does the billing start?

You need to take a look at the 48 website but as far as I know it's pay as you go, you aren't in a contract with them - if so you just switch your number (port)

Don't know the answers to the other questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,764 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Tried to setup the online account again this morning and it worked fine with immediate emails to verify etc.

Ordered a second sim for my little fella. Will port my own number across in the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

snooples wrote: »

Download the myeir app and you can access your account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

inforfun wrote: »
    I needed a new sim a few months ago when i bought a new phone.
    Sim i received can be used in every format. Just break of the right size.
    With nano you just break off everything.

Same, I got this from Eir last month. You can break them down and snap them back together again. Just check that they are properly aligned together again so as they don't get snagged in the sim holder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 swinson

Got the SIM

29 Mbps download, 15.7 Mbps upload

Compared to Virgin / 3 network 60 download 33 upload with 40GB cap.

Acceptable for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭This is it

I had that issue yesterday. Worked eventually but you should be able to get it via chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

scheister wrote: »
    Always interesting to look at Fair usage here

Unlimited minutes and SMS allowances where applicable are subject to a fair usage allowance of 45,000 minutes and 10,000 SMS. Minutes and SMS apply to usage within the
    Republic of Ireland and EEA zone countries. Roaming allowances are subject to fair usage limits. Excludes Premium, International and roaming outside of the EEA zone.

45,000 minutes seems alot i don't think you could actually use that within a month. I figure there is 44,640 minutes in a 31 day month.

Bar i am tied into my contract until next summer i would be going for this.

I'm tied into my Vodafone contract until December 2020 but I applied for the GoMo sim anyway. Will use the sim in another phone I have. If GoMo works out well then I won't renew my Vodafone contract next year. Besides the GoMo contract is monthly so you could give it a try. If after 2 or 3 months it doesn't seem worth it you only lost €20 or €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

KMPT wrote: »
    I'm tied into my Vodafone contract until December 2020 but I applied for the GoMo sim anyway. Will use the sim in another phone I have. If GoMo works out well then I won't renew my Vodafone contract next year. Besides the GoMo contract is monthly so you could give it a try. If after 2 or 3 months it doesn't seem worth it you only lost €20 or €30.

Does your wife know you'll be running 2 sims? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

What's the story with switching from a virgin sim only/rolling contract plan to this? Will I need to do anything or will GoMo just cancel the virgin plan when porting the number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

The only thing standing out as sketchy to me at the moment is the out of plan call charges
    https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf
    Specifically VOIP

493074.JPG

I havn't even seen the term VOIP used in years, when I am abroad though I tend to use whatsapp to call home, is that VOIP in this terms?

Have they figured out a way to bill for this separately to other data usage?

Sorry, this is probably nothing, but it just struck me as weird and this deal strikes me as a little bit too good to be true... (ever the skeptic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

My sim got mis sorted by an post :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement