Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone having problems with the MyEir site? It keeps hanging for me just after login at "One Moment".

Was trying to get my account number in order to setup the port and ended up having to ring Eir customer care. Won't mind double checking the account number.

Anyway I think this is a no brainer, I'm on Eir already and paying €25 for unlimited calls and texts but just 10GB of data. On a heavy month of data usage I can come close to that 10GB limit.

GoMo could be a good option for use in a 4G router as well, I have just got setup with a 3 sim in my router.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 ConorMcNuggets

I see lots of people talk about registering.

If you don't get the link to register, just register an account after you have ordered with the same email address you signed up with. Once in, your order will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cuculainn wrote: »
    This offer is show ing up as 10GB per month. does that mean that 100K have already signed up?
    I have signed up now but looks like will only get 10GB data:(

Sure you’re not confusing it with 10gb EU roaming? The copy on the site is a little confusing

quilmore wrote: »
    has anyone successfully registered to mygomo?
    I've clicked on "Dont have an account? Register", gave them my email (the one used to order the sim) and nothing... no email back with a verification link, checked spam filters and all

Yes, it worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Sure you’re not confusing it with 10gb EU roaming? The copy on the site is a little confusing

You are correct. thanks for clearing that up......:)

• Advertisement

The only disadvantage I can see is with the roaming rates outside the EU if someone travels a lot. Aside from that it is an unbelievable deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

I wonder would this sim work in a 4G router?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The only disadvantage I can see is with the roaming rates outside the EU if someone travels a lot. Aside from that it is an unbelievable deal.

They’re fairly in line with most outside of EU with the exception of Vodafone but it’s also reflected in the price. If you travel a lot you’re not really the target audience for this package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭skinny90

gar wrote: »
    Eir wont let me cancel using chat.
    Cant them call today

I called eir yesterday, i went to the billing info options and eventually landed to a CS rep. total wait was about 10-12 minutes

They’re fairly in line with most outside of EU with the exception of Vodafone but it’s also reflected in the price. If you travel a lot you’re not really the target audience for this package.

Yeah, doesn't bother me anyway. Vodafone is great for that. Was travelling with a group to the US and we couldn't believe the good deals the Vodafone customers were getting for US roaming.

Now to sign up the wife...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,516 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I've clicked on "Dont have an account? Register", gave them my email (the one used to order the sim) and nothing... no email back with a verification link, checked spam filters and all

Did it this way last night, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sim packs arrived this morning already. A good start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

What does no Wi-Fi calling mean

tesco/48 are piggybacked on the old o2 network which is generally the worst , I'm still not convinced that they fully roams on 3 even though they should be exactly the same since 3 bought o2 here.

YMMV - use this site to see which masts are closest to you

Vodafone / Post Mobile (had thought they were 3 .... *notes for future* )
    Meteor / Eir / GoMo
    Three / tesco / 48 / Lycamobile / Virgin Media / every other operator

Why can't I find any Eir masts?

I believe that wifi calling is a feature on newer phones where you can use wifi for your regular calls, switching over to wifi for example when GSM signal is poor.

I'm not fully sure though.

Making calls on whatsapp/facebook will work I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

I've tried to register, using Revolut, keep getting the following error when I try to pay: "An error occurred, please try again in a few minutes". It happens after I authorise the payment in my Revolut app. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭ULMarc

p15574 wrote: »
    I've tried to register, using Revolut, keep getting the following error when I try to pay: "An error occurred, please try again in a few minutes". It happens after I authorise the payment in my Revolut app. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, same here. With either a virtual or physical card. I thought it could be a problem with my address, it seemed to use my delivery address as what it likes to call my 'customer address', but still got the same error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

They're rejecting revolut alright...took my Curve card fine with my revolut card attached to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Pacifico wrote: »
    They're rejecting revolut alright...took my Curve card fine with my revolut card attached to that!

Yeah, the order was accepted using my Irish debit card. A bit annoying as I wanted to avoid the transaction charge every month, especially if I'm going to be registering 5 accounts for the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

My sim card arrived in the post this morning. Have set my number to be ported over Friday evening, so I'll see how it fairs out this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    My sim card arrived in the post this morning. Have set my number to be ported over Friday evening, so I'll see how it fairs out this weekend.

Did you have to sign for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah, the order was accepted using my Irish debit card. A bit annoying as I wanted to avoid the transaction charge every month, especially if I'm going to be registering 5 accounts for the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

manlad wrote: »
    Got a message from AnPost to say Sim is out for delivery today. Not sure if will need to sign or if they will drop in the mailbox. I won't be at home so i'll find out soon enough.

Got mine via An Post just now

No need to sign for, was just delivered to letterbox (in apartment block)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

I
    I had that twice this AM
    Thought it was because I was not in Ireland. Paid via PTSB Debit in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I got mine delivered today too! That was fast!

I'm trying to find an invoice for the €9.99 that's already been charged to my card for accounting purposes, but can't seem to find it on the account page. It just says €0.00 charge so far on the bill page :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

Same for me too... also didn't get any email to say my order is accepted or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I used my Revolut card when signing up without any issues.

Also.. I wonder is it possible to bring forward your porting date/time. I set mine to next week because I presumed there would be a delay in shipping sim cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭xckjoo

It uses Wi-Fi networks for calls when they're available. Presumably handy if you've crap coverage in your house but decent Wi-Fi. Never used it myself.

AFAIK it requires the provider (GoMe) to license the ability from each of the phone manufacturers (Apple, Samsung, etc.) so don't expect to see it on a budget plan like this any time soon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I forget if I have a nano or micro sim. They didn't ask when I signed up. How do I manage that?

I needed a new sim a few months ago when i bought a new phone.
    Sim i received can be used in every format. Just break of the right size.
    With nano you just break off everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 maggots_123

Is this unlimted calls to all mobile networks in Ireland, not just free Eir to Eir?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement