Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

_John C wrote: »
    If my phone can connect to 4G; will my voice calls use the 4G network?

It will work however it works with 3. I believe voice calls can't use 4G LTE but I don't know if that means they will use some other 4G or just 3G

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Did I read some technical info here yesterday about Eir not picking up a stronger signal indoors? Cannot seem to find it anywhere. Basically I am using the new sim indoors and its picking up good 3G coverage but nothing for 4G despite my three sim having 3/4 bars of coverage. It does go to one bar of 4G occasionally. I am not overly concerned as I have wifi at home and am still going ahead with the port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Their coverage map shows 2G...
    https://gomo.ie/our-coverage-map/

And with the amount of eir bundles out there with oul ones, it'll be a long time before they turn off that 2g network

Their coverage map shows 2G...
    https://gomo.ie/our-coverage-map/

I had read that they will be using Eir's 3G and 4G networks. That map could be just Eir's map copied or the article could have omitted 2G.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭_John C

My current eir plan has no 4G included. And if I check my phone : Settings>About Phone>Status>Sim card status>Mobile network type = "EDGE"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

So I got my sim today but it has the wrong phone number on it (I chose to keep my current number and have the verification text). I initially thought they sent me the wrong one and submitted a contact form saying that. I’ve now logged on and see that my account has the same number as the sim I received. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m assuming I’ll have to change the number back to my own and pay for a new sim now if I can’t get them to sort it

I got my sim today but with a different number and the same number appeared online. But once I moved my number my old phone nymber now shows on the MyGoMo website in the "Account Details"

crisco10 wrote: »
    Did everybody get an email straight away after signing up?

I signed up, got the confirmation screen (and number) but no email...?

I haven’t had any emails yet. Got the authorisation text when ordering and that’s it. I put the order in at lunch yesterday and registered for an account last night but nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

cormie wrote: »
    Got SIM today, had originally set change over to the 18th, but moved it forward to today, and I moved it forward to 10 minutes from the time I was changing it on the site, but current sim is still working...

On GOMO network now already, that was pretty quick. When I inserted the new sim, my phone recognised it as "Meteor" :confused: but it says GOMO in the network and EIR when I go to speedtest.net where I got 2.3 down and 1.1 up on 3G, but I think it's just where I am now coverage wise.

Can someone with a Gomo SIM check for 2G coverage by temporarily changing preferred network to 2G and see if it connects?

I would also like this info,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

cormie wrote: »
    On GOMO network now already, that was pretty quick. When I inserted the new sim, my phone recognised it as "Meteor" :confused: but it says GOMO in the network and EIR when I go to speedtest.net where I got 2.3 down and 1.1 up on 3G, but I think it's just where I am now coverage wise.

I had meteor showing on my Eir Sim when I inserted it recently to my phone.

The APNs network settings still use meteor also if you look at your settings:

Meteor Data
    data.mymeteor.ie

Eir and GoMo will be the exact same, it's nothing to worry about, like this for last number of years and Eir have just never bothered to change it.

• Advertisement

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Already answered...

Didn't see it in the thread already, but found it in the terms:
    5.13 do not use the SIM Only Service in any way that is not in keeping with that reasonably expected of a private individual and do not use the SIM Only Service for commercial or business purposes.

Well I'm not going to cry over not being able to claim €1.87 back I guess when it's 3x less than what I was paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Can someone with a Gomo SIM check for 2G coverage by temporarily changing preferred network to 2G and see if it connects?

Yes it connects, the network connection displays as "E" Ping 150ms, download 0.18Mbps and upload 0.08Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just put my iPhone to 2G only and it shows up with an E?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 ConorMcNuggets

antodeco wrote: »
    Signed up for this myself. Had been paying €30 a month for Three Broadband. However, I only need a few GB a month (motion sensor camera that record locally, so only need to "dial in" if something happens). Happy to pay €10 a month for this.

Stupid question and a bit unrelated but how do you use a motion camera with a sim card?

What is dialling in?

I tested it for you, signal went dead for a second, then went to G, then to E. I'm in Dun Laoghaire. It seems to be working on the browser, but is super slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

How do we know if we were in the first 100k or not?

Signed up there and it still said 9.99 per month, but I would expect 100k to go fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Hello.. signed up this morning for 2 x SIM's with Porting on both. Then tried to get access to my account but it takes me in an Email Verification loop. I got to create a password but when I try logon it tells me it needs to send me an email to verify my email address - I get that email, click on the link and it then takes me back into same loop again.

It has an account for me because when I put in a dud password it tells me that.. but just won't let me logon.. tried everything I can think but still the same.

Can send them a "Contact" form message as it gives a sending error.. Aargh!

Anyone get this same issue and any fixes too it? Thanks, Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 44 j.l

Do you get to keep the €9.99 credit or are out-of-plan calls added to your €9.99 direct debit?

Apologies if this has been answered, I read through the thread but couldn't see it anywhere!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 ConorMcNuggets

j.l wrote: »
    Do you get to keep the €9.99 credit or are out-of-plan calls added to your €9.99 direct debit?

Apologies if this has been answered, I read through the thread but couldn't see it anywhere!

No. 10 euro is taken to cover the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

This isn't a PAYG offer, it's Pay Monthly, so no credit involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 j.l

Cheers!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Signed up there and it still said 9.99 per month, but I would expect 100k to go fast.

It won't go fast. People are notoriously reluctant to change. Both Three and Eir have had similar offers to this for only €15. I doubt they got anywhere near 100,000 people to change to that. People stay with the same broadband provider, electricity provider, gas provider, insurance company for years. If they switched or rang up and asked for a deal they would save them hundreds yet plenty of people don't. The 100,000 won't go quick.

The first 100,000 thing is probably just to get people to act fast so they don't miss out on the deal instead of taking their time to consider it and forget about it or go with a similar offer if the other networks come out and compete with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Mr Freeze wrote: »

If unsure, you can ask them on their live chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

I’m assuming there’s a 14 day cooling off period for this.

Would that include the 9.99 they have taken already off me as a refund if I pull out.

There is no credit, this is a bill just like a landline. That's why you have to be 18 to be an account holder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

FLOOPER wrote: »
    I’m assuming there’s a 14 day cooling off period for this.

Would that include the 9.99 they have taken already off me as a refund if I pull out.

If that tenner is so valuable to you, then don't risk it... I'm shocked by the amount of people who are so protective of the tenner... Just by moving to this new operator, you are bound to save allot more than €10. It is great value no matter what way you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It won't go fast. People are notoriously reluctant to change. Both Three and Eir have had similar offers to this for only €15. I doubt they got anywhere near 100,000 people to change to that. People stay with the same broadband provider, electricity provider, gas provider, insurance company for years. If they switched or rang up and asked for a deal they would save them hundreds yet plenty of people don't. The 100,000 won't go quick.

The first 100,000 thing is probably just to get people to act fast so they don't miss out on the deal instead of taking their time to consider it and forget about it or go with a similar offer if the other networks come out and compete with it.

Yea it's going to take them a while, going very well to get that number in a couple of years let alone a week as some suggested. It's taken Tesco 12yrs to get 400k customer. So you should be able to get the offer until 2022.
    Eircom will probably do more damage to themselves than any other network.

i purchased yesterday and got the sms but no mail

i registered my mail after and no mail yet

anyone else in the same boat

Me too. Activation text was received and 9.99 is out of my bank account.

I’ll give them benefit of a few days as it looks like there were loads of sign ups yesterday.

If my sim/phone connects to the 4G network; Will my voice calls go over the 4G network? My current eir plan has not got 4G included and it connects to "EDGE" for calls. The reception aint great, but Im thinking if I get better signal through the 4G network; my call reception may be better?

Would this be true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If the standard of question being asked on this thread is indicative, their Customer Service is in for some fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement