Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Or that she was good prior to conversion.
    Yes, sorry, I am more reassured that their starting character is/was who they say they are/were.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Green&Red wrote: »
    Oh I do but if we’re looking at it from a probability POV there’s a 21-1 chance either of them are the NK, same as everyone.
    There’s probably a 4-1 chance they’ve been converted, maybe less, maybe 3-1 each!

I get what your saying but right now I am going to be going for who I think is most likely to be the NK not who is least likely to have been converted.

Not sure if I will be going for either of them but if I do based on thinking they could be the NK and it turns out they were not but were converted that won't be as bad as killing a villager who was not converted. So I don't see why anyone would be staying away from them.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    They could be the convert as much as anyone no?

No one is confirmed good.
    True, but only one person gets converted a night, so if i can find the same trust in more people, then can't all be bad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    That said if someone does have a peek in their pocket, maybe don't reveal the result unless you find the NK or a general as that will paint a shiny target for conversion on the 'cleared' person.

I disagree with this. Suppose you're good and win a peek but hold off revealing and later die or get converted? You can't reveal in the first instance and probably won't reveal for the good of the village in the second. I'd say spill any useful information when you have it.

tritium wrote: »
    Not sure if asking this is helpful to us so feel free to refuse to answer: are you actually linked in game or are you just referring to canon? I know in the books and Tv brienne has links to Cat/ Sansa and also to Jamie

In game. I don't know how though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

Either way its pointless discussing.

Right now whom do you think would be converted and will they make your FFA later?

Tough one- three possibilities I can think of

1 pick a strong wolf: I’d say BH or QB in that case

2 pick someone under the radar, new or unknown: Andy or 2D maybe

3 pick randomly- no idea there, but I know a previous SK did something like this

Ffa will be a bit of a shot in the dark at the moment, but to be honest I’d rather find the NK than the convert

sKeith wrote: »
    Yes, sorry, I am more reassured that their starting character is/was who they say they are/were.

I feel like you are soft claiming a similar role by the phrasing making you more reassured of her starting character but if your not in the group of people who got the most thanked memes (will have to recheck that tbh) I'm not going to push you on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Welcome to todays Jousting competition. Some of the best knights in all of Westeros are competing for some prizes. Some compete openly under a banner while others compete as mystery knights. To partake in the competition is simple, pop along here and fill in the details requested with your username.

One entry per person

https://forms.gle/xfvpUTQL9np69gQT9

Winners will be PMd

quickbeam wrote: »
    In game. I don't know how though.

From how you have posted so far I would say it is far to assume it is a Stark and not Jamie?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I disagree with this. Suppose you're good and win a peek but hold off revealing and later die or get converted? You can't reveal in the first instance and probably won't reveal for the good of the village in the second. I'd say spill any useful information when you have it.

And what if you reveal someone who has some kind of power and they get converted? Especially if we are peeking in the likely prize winners group.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd agree with this, though we'll know for certain tomorrow.

Typically, a "warning" something was about to come would imply something that was going to happen multiple times. So, unless we think the dragon prize is a regular occurance, I'd say the clouds signify something else for now.

I agree with this. And am sus of BJ wanting to veer us off the discussion.

Right now whom do you think would be converted and will they make your FFA later?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And what if you reveal someone who has some kind of power and they get converted? Especially if we are peeking in the likely prize winners group.

Are we saying or not that there are no powered roles, only prizes?

In which case, if someone has a SINGLE peek, whats the benefit of staying hidden? If they've peeked and have a result, and cannot peek further, it makes more sense to reveal than not.

Obviously, if they have multiple, they stay hidden. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

sKeith wrote: »
    You do realize that villagers need to read the thread in order to solve the game,

Yes, I do realise that. Thanks for checking! Whatever would I have done had you not mentioned...

giphy.gif

duffman13 wrote: »
    Welcome to todays Jousting competition. Some of the best knights in all of Westeros are competing for some prizes. Some compete openly under a banner while others compete as mystery knights. To partake in the competition is simple, pop along here and fill in the details requested with your username.

One entry per person

https://forms.gle/xfvpUTQL9np69gQT9

Winners will be PMd

Thoughts on any strategies? Seems way more random on our end than yesterdays....

Drumpot wrote: »
    Couple of things rattling around my head.

I presume any convert will be revealed on death? So if Jon Snow was converted he would show up as Jon Snow converted on death? Or dead Jon snow? Although he did technically die by his nightswatch mates ....

Do we think prizes have to be used within a certain time period? Seems like the Dragon power was prob Dany either having a daily kill (SK) or a competition winner. Why would anybody other then NK use this sort of power unless one of our other teams also wants to kill (Dany is nuts but I suppose that can be confirmed tomorrow).

Why does a vig ever shoot?

Why bother adding vigs into games of werewolf, if they are not supposed to have a go.

The thing is, you know that i didn't do that hero shot.

You know that 1 in the 5 people necro listed took that hero shot.

From how you have posted so far I would say it is far to assume it is a Stark and not Jamie?

I've said who it is.

There Are No Powers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I've entered the joust.

Will be back later.

So we gonna strategise our joust, or go hell for leather?

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Are we saying or not that there are no powered roles, only prizes?

In which case, if someone has a SINGLE peek, whats the benefit of staying hidden? If they've peeked and have a result, and cannot peek further, it makes more sense to reveal than not.

Obviously, if they have multiple, they stay hidden. Right?

Ok that's a valid point. In general I'm inclined to trust people with powers to use them as they see fit. I'm just making suggestions but they're based on guesswork and I assume anyone who has a power, be it roles/prizes, has more info than me and can listen or ignore as they want.

Can we strategize?

At a guess, its some sort of mathematical thingy, or a weird dice roll game. Not 100% sure how we could strategize it.

I've said who it is.

ok I guess I'll go back through your posts to recheck (confident it was a Stark though)and confirm as I have already entered the joust.

Who made you the boss of westeros?

There Are No Powers!

There are no ROLES but there are prizes. They have to be some kind of power.

Have entered the joust.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

Meh I just entered, not sure how to strategize on that one

ok I guess I'll go back through your posts to recheck (confident it was a Stark though)and confirm as I have already entered the joust.

Yeah it was Cat, who I assume is dead if we are taking the start of the last season as a start date. Still you being linked to Cat and no mention of anyone else would probably mean your more likely to be aligned to house Stark as any other

There are no ROLES but there are prizes. They have to be some kind of power.

So, someone wins a peek (a power). They peek someone. Their power is used. What use is that to the NK, or what loss is it to the Village any more than anyone else getting converted. Their power is used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

No idea what Im doing but Ive entered. Seems like a bit of fun nevertheless.

Advertisement