Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necro wrote: »
    Well.... technically two at the point in timeline we've been inserted into,

Night King has an undead dragon too

Fair point.

Counter point, do we think it's likely the NK got a conversion AND a kill? Possible if he also won a prize yesterday. Also then, would the kill order have used a very much alive dragon to illustrate the kill?

Actually, additional point. The kill has the words "Valar Morghulis" uttered. I googled it, expecting it to be a House DragonLady thing, but instead it looks a phrase more tied to the faceless man and his league of assassins....which would actually line up more with a serial killer....

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Valar_morghulis

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Fair point.

Counter point, do we think it's likely the NK got a conversion AND a kill? Possible if he also won a prize yesterday. Also then, would the kill order have used a very much alive dragon to illustrate the kill?

Actually, additional point. The kill has the words "Valar Morghulis" uttered. I googled it, expecting it to be a House DragonLady thing, but instead it looks a phrase more tied to the faceless man and his league of assassins....which would actually line up more with a serial killer....

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Valar_morghulis

They were two seperate posts so imo the conversion is the primary munch.

It's most likely the kill was a prize, as you said tailor made to the character/house who won it.

Valor Morghulis is also a phrase Dany uses in the show I believe

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm not sure what to make of it tbh. At this point it's clear as day it's Sansa Brienne serves.

Unless they're taking the undead Cat Stark storyline from the books and inserting it, but the books are completely seperate from the show at this point so :confused:

As somebody who's only read the books, it had seemed reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Just finished my delicious and disgusting Maccers breaky. I've basically read SFA, so 20 pages to catch up on.

Going to a meeting at 11:30, and then I've an hour of weed removing for lunch, so it will probably be around 3/4 before I'm fully up to date.

tusk wrote: »
    Just finished my delicious and disgusting Maccers breaky. I've basically read SFA, so 20 pages to catch up on.

Going to a meeting at 11:30, and then I've an hour of weed removing for lunch, so it will probably be around 3/4 before I'm fully up to date.

Be around for competition at 1pm. If you're good, that is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    As somebody who's only read the books, it had seemed reasonable.

Well it's a bit murky as her original oath is to Caitlyn Stark but in the shows at this point she is pledged to Sansa.

It's so murky I kind of believe it cos a wolf would have just said 'yeah, tied to House Stark' and not drawn attention on them by saying something that is contradictory to the shows canon

Be around for competition at 1pm. If you're good, that is.

It's just to be announced at 1?

I can check in after I finish in the garden to make sure I don't miss it.

I'm good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Baggly wrote: »
    As the sun set the Night King rose, soon he would bring the night to the whole Kingdom but for now he needed to add another general to his army. He didn't need stealth for the selection had already been made by the only man in the realm who did not need to fear him. On the signal he strode into the house and while the resident was held down by his right hand man he took a dragonglass dagger and plunged it into the heart of the one he had chosen. He would live eternally now as one of the White Walkers, and they would bring fear and the night to all together.

A conversion has taken place.

GIF_SHURG_3.0.gif

I just noticed the shrug emoji in the corner, actual LOL

Ha, GnR I wanted to thank the post cos the shrug lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

tusk wrote: »

I've never seen you this disinterested in a WW game...

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    As the sun set the Night King rose, soon he would bring the night to the whole Kingdom but for now he needed to add another general to his army. He didn't need stealth for the selection had already been made by the only man in the realm who did not need to fear him. On the signal he strode into the house and while the resident was held down by his right hand man he took a dragonglass dagger and plunged it into the heart of the one he had chosen. He would live eternally now as one of the White Walkers, and they would bring fear and the night to all together.

A conversion has taken place.

Is this a slip? I think it is and would rule out LS, QB, anyone else?

Green&Red wrote: »

Nah, it could refer to 'He' the player's character name though.

As in say, a Jaime Lannister or a Jon Snow

fixxxer wrote: »

I'm not disintereted, I was out all day yesterday. I'm busy today, but have said I'll be more active when things are a bit quieter.

fixxxer wrote: »

Have to agree, the only thing he was really pushed about was the meme contest.

Definitely deserves further scrutiny

Have to agree, the only thing he was really pushed about was the meme contest.

Definitely deserves further scrutiny

Just as a follow up. You may feel that the posts I have contributed have been fluff - because they are. I haven't read anything really on the thread, so I have nothing to contribute yet.

Once I've read up on everything, I'm sure I'll be in a better position to give some useful input :)

Valor Morghulis is also a phrase Dany uses in the show I believe

giphy.gif

Fair enough.

I don't really have a huge knowledge of the show to THAT level of detail, hence the googling.

Valar Morghulis is just High Valyrian. It's said numerous times throughout the show by several characters. It was Arya's gimmick for a while too, during her time in Braavos.

Valar Morghulis is just High Valyrian. It's said numerous times throughout the show by several characters. It was Arya's gimmick for a while too, during her time in Braavos.

Which tied into the assassins story though.

At least Necro's example is a clear point away from that though.

Yep, it's a greeting I think.

'Valar Morghulis'

To which people tend to respond

'Valar Dohaeris'

Which tied into the assassins story though.

At least Necro's example is a clear point away from that though.

I'm not completely discounting that theory but with no assigned roles I find it highly unlikely there's a mystery serial killer.

I think your original theory is the most likely, that it was a prize and the flavour was tied to the character/house that won it

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Nah, it could refer to 'He' the player's character name though.

As in say, a Jaime Lannister or a Jon Snow

Would still rule me out :P

Would still rule me out :P

So you are claiming Brienne?

I'm not completely discounting that theory but with no assigned roles I find it highly unlikely there's a mystery serial killer.

I think your original theory is the most likely, that it was a prize and the flavour was tied to the character/house that won it

Yeah, most likely. The fact you were able to link it back to Dany too helps, if she did say it. Especially when it seems to translate into "All Men Must Die".

Occum's razor, and all that.

In which case, that's one of the three prizes accounted for.

Did DAndy give any clarity about his ramblings this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Morning, I've no PM so I assume I wasn't converted.....has anyone changed?

Any on thread tasks I need to do?

I've a few hours free now so I'll go read back from yesterday

Clarabel wrote: »

You dead Clara

Aww this is like the time Jayop got munched before even posting :pac:

ZOMBIE! KILL HER!

In this game, posts from the dead should actually be expected :P

Yeah, most likely. The fact you were able to link it back to Dany too helps, if she did say it. Especially when it seems to translate into "All Men Must Die".

Occum's razor, and all that.

In which case, that's one of the three prizes accounted for.

Did DAndy give any clarity about his ramblings this morning?

Dandy has said that his prize is dependent on another event happening, that he is immune for conversion until that event happens and he can't/won't reveal until then. He is not immune from lynching.

IMO its one to set aside until this thing, whatever it is, happens and we get clarity. I would be inclined to grant him immunity from lynching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

6ea916d6-c3ae-4bfb-900a-6c86f43f58c3.jpg

Advertisement