Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Dunno if I believe your (Brienne) not part of a house but that gets parked for now.

I'm *linked* to a person of a House. I'm not of a House myself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Necro wrote: »
    Right I'm driving now for an hour. Hopefully get back for the comp if it's still running but if I don't *Shrugs*

Cannae do anything about it

Quick QB, if you post 2 posts per minute for the next hour, you can maybe catch up with top poster Necro :eek:

Some mad posting stats already.

sKeith wrote: »

#CourtJester
    Got 7 thanks. so possible prize winner.
    I'm glad I didn't get a scroll as I wouldn't be able to decipher it. I'm flummoxed enough as it is trying to keep abreast of this thread haha.
    But says didn't recieve any prize.

hi below.

welcome to ww.

this is a game of interactions, please say stuff, anything. get in the map.

I was a heartbroken Cat yesterday on top of being bamboozled with this game. My heart is aching less today so I shall endeavour to keep responding and talk sense (*Gulp*). The bloody sun being out won't help.

quickbeam wrote: »

If you are who you say you are ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Actually, just checked the OP and Catelyn isn't of the House either. So I dunno what I am.

• Advertisement

Phone posting so rushing.

My point on the top 5 (Dandy and the 4 on 7 thanks) was based on Skunk assuming that the NK/his teammate got a prize.

In that scenario we have one evil at least in a list of 5 players.

Peeking here would be beneficial.

Ok I'm really out now till about 1.30pm

I don't trust anyone atm and don't have anything on Necro more than anyone else but I don't know if I like this.

Based on someone elses theory (so no blame for Necro there) we could have a bad (He didn't use the word could) and wants any potential peeks used here instead of say on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Well, yeah and no.
    we are 17v3 at the moment, if we can get some village organization in voting then, yeah, that seems wise, but when that number reaches 4 or 5, its very dangerous, as then we need to continually organize wagons, as all zombies bar the NK would be voting together, as your strategy says keep them alive, so why not be brash and vote together. At some stage you have to try keep the numbers down. Yes, its not that important for lynch 1, but the longer you try to sweep it under the rug, and not keep it in check, the easier for our only real method of killing, the lynch, to be hijacked from us by very organized zombies.

I believe village don't have br's, zombies do. you ask why... the OP. It say after the NK is dead, the houses get BRs.
    prizes most likely one off goes at the normal power roles powers, so a prize of a peek (once off) which means that if a villager gets the prize, they can know somebody is good or evil. we know we have auto-priest, so no need for prizes relating to the dead. I believe clara of the brotherhood was killed by a prize. there was 5 possible prize winners and none of the are claiming responsibility, so i think there is our talking point for today.
    On the last sentence, starting 'or maybe'. Why do you say go on forever? you have discounted the clara kill in this statement. are you distancing from the clara kill? was this a prepared post from before the clara kill?

Please explain in detail what you mean by this last line and when it was wrote.

QB, sure, but LS, why? Do you know who skunks character is, and if so, how?

On the first piece I did clarify later that it was a short term strategy and had the risk of leaving a large team together.

On LS, it’s cause she’s a lady, not her character.

Even though I’m one of the five, I’d agree it’s where we should start for lynching tonite. I don’t have a prize so I’ve nothing to lose but if someone is keeping a prize secret because it might help their house later then we need to sort that out. It’s all hands on deck to get the NK

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Hopefully you & Necro are both right. Have a feeling that could be a rabbit hole I don't want to go down like you lot and the Newspaper/weather forecast last game :pac:

What’s the rabbit hole theory? I’m good at wrecking my head on those!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Drumpot wrote: »

I think he meant that he wasnt argueing against it being something else other than a death is imminent warning.

More so that there is actually nothing to the post as the two lads suggested but if I keep focusing on it I will do a you-esque tumble down that rabbit hole :D :pac:

• Advertisement

Phone posting so rushing.

My point on the top 5 (Dandy and the 4 on 7 thanks) was based on Skunk assuming that the NK/his teammate got a prize.

In that scenario we have one evil at least in a list of 5 players.

Peeking here would be beneficial.

Ok I'm really out now till about 1.30pm

That’s a f**king massive jump

Can you link to where SK suggested that cause I missed it?
    Or maybe @LS can clarify if she said it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not necessarily THE dragonlady (who has claimed on thread if you missed it) but one of her house I'd say is the most likely answer to prize 2

Hmm, I must have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

This statement kinda confirms you as good for me. I understand exactly what you are saying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Not sure if I believe QB but the only thing I could see it being is either cover for NK or playing the long game.
    As cover for NK seems unlikely at such an early stage and with it being a voluntary reveal I don't think it's likely to be that.
    As a long game strategy it's kind of irrelevant until NK is dead so park it for now.

I'm with BH on the prize reveals. There may be good reasons for people concealing them. That said Skunk may be right that NK and original general could've won them so if there was a peek as a prize and a goody has that then those who potentially won are a good pool to peek in. I'm aware I'm in it and I also know I'm good so it would be wasted on me but wouldn't mind me being chosen.

That said if someone does have a peek in their pocket, maybe don't reveal the result unless you find the NK or a general as that will paint a shiny target for conversion on the 'cleared' person.

The only thing that has me suspicious at the moment is G&Rs let's not kill converts plan...if we find a confirmed convert we have to lynch them to keep numbers down. It's find a wolf kill a wolf territory.

wait someone claimed Daenerys? I missed that too if so

Necro, this could be nothing but it’s bugging me a bit.
    Have we accepted that teams don’t have a BR to communicate in? I think somebody said that but can’t remember why they suggested it.

So each prize could be like a peek, a Kill and a BG protect (or something like that), for each team to win. But at the moment they don’t know which team they are on. Or maybe there are more kills, I mean we can’t go all week with one kill and the NK converting, the game would never finish!

So I proposed an idea
    No assigned roles :P

I didn’t think I was implying assigned roles , I was talking about prizes?!
    I took no assigned roles to mean there is no seer or BG, but isn’t a dragon kill a role? I mean don’t the prizes effectively give people a role of sorts with the power they get?

So what’s the stop the prizes being a seer peak or Protection etc? Do you think all prizes are kills?
    Nope, I firmly believe protection and seer peeks are also potential prizes.

I'm kind of on board with Lord's theory that - say a kill prize - might be flavoured to a house member though

So you agreed with me on the prizes but I still don’t get your assigned roles comment.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    The OP says...

"There will be competitions each day to determine if anyone should win prizes. Prizes mean powers. These powers may be character target specific, so please consider this before revealing your character. "

I wonder if it's not that, say, a Peek, a bullet and a protect were awarded yesterday.

As much as someone won a prize, and because they specifically were the character they were, they got a free kill?

Dragon fire is so very specific for a kill description. There's only one group who have access to dragons in the show....

Lord has the same idea, if not more specific .
    Well.... technically two at the point in timeline we've been inserted into,

Night King has an undead dragon too

Just feels like you and Lord are on the same page a bit more then me and you. You said you would convert me so I would be on your team awhile back, it’s just this dialogue has gotten me irked a bit....... Why do you always Irk me?!!! :pac:

This statement kinda confirms you as good for me. I understand exactly what you are saying here.

Or that she was good prior to conversion.

They could be the convert as much as anyone no?

No one is confirmed good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

LadySkunk wrote: »
    That’s a very good point actually! So that list of people has a Targaryen and possibly NK/Right Hand or another two house members who don’t want to reveal their house.

Would it not be better to reveal your house and help us narrow down whether the NK was on that list or not? Now I don’t fully understand phase 2 of the game so that could be wrong to think like that but just my view on it.

Could NK and Right Hand win two prizes? That would make Andy a baddie though but not outside the realm of possibility. Claims prize that an event needs to happen for it to be of use which gives more time. Willing to put on back burner for time being to see how the prize pans out.
    Green&Red wrote: »
    That’s a f**king massive jump

Can you link to where SK suggested that cause I missed it?
    Or maybe @LS can clarify if she said it?

Ypu mean the one I have quoted here?

Couple of things rattling around my head.

I presume any convert will be revealed on death? So if Jon Snow was converted he would show up as Jon Snow converted on death? Or dead Jon snow? Although he did technically die by his nightswatch mates ....

Do we think prizes have to be used within a certain time period? Seems like the Dragon power was prob Dany either having a daily kill (SK) or a competition winner. Why would anybody other then NK use this sort of power unless one of our other teams also wants to kill (Dany is nuts but I suppose that can be confirmed tomorrow).

• Advertisement

Ectoplasm wrote: »

The only thing that has me suspicious at the moment is G&Rs let's not kill converts plan...if we find a confirmed convert we have to lynch them to keep numbers down. It's find a wolf kill a wolf territory.

It’s not one bit like find a wolf kill a wolf. We need to find the NK, if we were to kill a convert every lynch we’d lose. Our main form of finding the NK is a lynch, we’re effectively wasting it on a convert

Like I said it does fall down after a day or two when the convert pile becomes larger but for L1 and L2 ill be staying away from Necro and SK as I think they are the two most likely to have been converted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Not sure if asking this is helpful to us so feel free to refuse to answer: are you actually linked in game or are you just referring to canon? I know in the books and Tv brienne has links to Cat/ Sansa and also to Jamie

It’s not one bit like find a wolf kill a wolf. We need to find the NK, if we were to kill a convert every lynch we’d lose. Our main form of finding the NK is a lynch, we’re effectively wasting it on a convert

Like I said it does fall down after a day or two when the convert pile becomes larger but for L1 and L2 ill be staying away from Necro and SK as I think they are the two most likely to have been converted

and you don't think there is a chance they might be the NK?

Ypu mean the one I have quoted here?

She doesn’t quite say there’s a baddie in there which is what Necro passes it off as. If fact I’d be much more likely to read that as there being a house member or two in the group.

I don’t like that he would try and pass it off as her definitely saying there’s a baddie there.

It’s noted and would sit alongside a theory of Necro being a convert.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think he meant that he wasnt argueing against it being something else other than a death is imminent warning.

I took the cloud to signify the start of the day after the night king had acted

tritium wrote: »

Either way its pointless discussing.

Right now whom do you think would be converted and will they make your FFA later?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

The problem is though that if we have a known confirmed convert or the NKs original general and you want to lynch elsewhere the chances are you are FAR more likely to hit a villager than the NK. So you forgo an opportunity to reduce the NKs numbers AND reduce village numbers at the same time.

I get your point about avoiding likely converts but what if Necro/sKeith are the NK?

Overall I don't think it adds up in terms of risk vs reward.

and you don't think there is a chance they might be the NK?

Oh I do but if we’re looking at it from a probability POV there’s a 21-1 chance either of them are the NK, same as everyone.
    There’s probably a 4-1 chance they’ve been converted, maybe less, maybe 3-1 each!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

tritium wrote: »

I'd agree with this, though we'll know for certain tomorrow.

Typically, a "warning" something was about to come would imply something that was going to happen multiple times. So, unless we think the dragon prize is a regular occurance, I'd say the clouds signify something else for now.

• Advertisement

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    The problem is though that if we have a known confirmed convert or the NKs original general and you want to lynch elsewhere the chances are you are FAR more likely to hit a villager than the NK. So you forgo an opportunity to reduce the NKs numbers AND reduce village numbers at the same time.

I get your point about avoiding likely converts but what if Necro/sKeith are the NK?

Overall I don't think it adds up in terms of risk vs reward.

What’s the benefit of reducing the NKs numbers? Other than reducing their voting/manipulation power I don’t see one. Now I know that’s a big issue but if I had the choice of lynching a known convert versus a 18-1 shot at the NK I’d go for the NK all day long

Advertisement