Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote: »
    Dandy has said that his prize is dependent on another event happening, that he is immune for conversion until that event happens and he can't/won't reveal until then. He is not immune from lynching.

IMO its one to set aside until this thing, whatever it is, happens and we get clarity. I would be inclined to grant him immunity from lynching

Agreed for today at least.

Really want to know who won the other prizes though :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necro wrote: »
    Agreed for today at least.

Really want to know who won the other prizes though :cool:

Seems we can guess then....

1. Dandy
    2. DragonLady

With a third utterly unaccounted for, in terms of owner and effect?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »

1. Dandy
    2. DragonLady

Not necessarily THE dragonlady (who has claimed on thread if you missed it) but one of her house I'd say is the most likely answer to prize 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Lord TSC wrote: »

1. Dandy
    2. DragonLady

I would assume the third prize went to NK or his right hand? Could also be a villager not wanting to reveal in case they get converted though. Could be a long game prize like the other one?

LadySkunk wrote: »
    I would assume the third prize went to NK or his right hand? Could also be a villager not wanting to reveal in case they get converted though. Could be a long game prize like the other one?

Why assume that?

That would basically make one of

Ecto
    GnR
    2D Person
    or
    Ted

the Night King or his right hand man

• Advertisement

Why assume that?

That would basically make one of

Ecto
    GnR
    2D Person
    or
    Ted

the Night King or his right hand man

Because nobody claimed the third prize as far as I’m aware? And that’s normally why it’s not claimed because baddie got it or in this case villager who didn’t want to get converted.

Why those people??

Because nobody claimed the third prize as far as I’m aware? And that’s normally why it’s not claimed because baddie got it or in this case villager who didn’t want to get converted.

Why those people??

Because they all had 7 thanks on their memes, Dandy had 8

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The amount of people saying I would be a good convert (I have not been converted) would actually suggest I would be a bad one. Similarly the fact that I had a run of games as a wolf recently would make people auto suspicious of me imo

I am going to guess a member of house Targaryen won a prize and that is why it was Dragon themed. Like I said this morning that would also be why they didn't say on thread they won said prize as it being used would give their house at the very least (people may think them Danny specifically) away.

Anyone at all have any idea why the clouds were posted?

Yeah, BH - the clear sky imo signified a Dragon attack

Because they all had 7 thanks on their memes, Dandy had 8

For me that makes one of them likely a member of House Targaryen, not neccesarily the NK. There are other reasons why people might not want to reveal their prize. Dandy for example is now under suspicion for doing so and then not revealing what his prize was or like I suggested before if you did reveal your prize it could then also out you by being character specific.

• Advertisement

If I was the Night King I might not compete in the meme competition, or at least not do it so early. I'd wait until the last minute if I was entering as I likely wouldn't get enough thanks to win.

Now the right hand man, on the other hand is collateral damage and a distraction from the head honcho. They'd have no issues competing I'd imagine as even if outed they ain't the Night King and so the team survives.

Why the need to signify that with a clear sky post when you are just going to post the dragon post immediately afterwards.

Maybe if we were expecting a dragon attack but it failed somehow but thats not what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sk is my lock Nightking, we are searching for a 1 in a 21 shot and he is pulling isos from day 0, from loads of people.

Its a very skatter gun approach, on random ****e talk

Very much seems like he is throwing around accusations to see what sticks and what doesn't. He will convert from this info he gets.

Boooooooooooooom

It was an assist to the low posters to give them something to respond to in order for them to generate more content. Note that I did everybody who had under 10 posts, indiscriminately.

I don't really like ISOs on D0 stuff as I know mine is all fluffy gifs for the most part and people can twist that but in recent games people have screwed up with their first few posts. Harley Quinn in the last game accidentally calling out to Joker (when she didn't actually need to) or myself in one previous to that "reading the OP wrong" and giving out info only the wolves could know for sure at that stage.

That said it could easily be SK still and he is trying to get people focusing on others instead of himself or those he plans to potentially convert but as per usual I don't like the term "lock" when nothing is certain.

It was an assist to the low posters to give them something to respond to in order for them to generate more content. Note that I did everybody who had under 10 posts, indiscriminately.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I dont mind the ISO day one stuff, nothing wrong with someone looking for clues.

That said I wouldnt be lynching someone for pure fluff on day zero.

I think the odds say avoid the convert

So imagine we narrow down the convert to 10 people, group A, leaving us with the other 10, Group B. (Yes for the purposes of simplicity I’m ignoring Clara’s death)

If the convert is in group A we’re more likely to find the NK in Group B.

It is dependant on the odds of the convert being on group A being over 50%, which obviously we hope it will be because we know the people involved and try and rationalise the NKs thoughts
    Well, yeah and no.
    we are 17v3 at the moment, if we can get some village organization in voting then, yeah, that seems wise, but when that number reaches 4 or 5, its very dangerous, as then we need to continually organize wagons, as all zombies bar the NK would be voting together, as your strategy says keep them alive, so why not be brash and vote together. At some stage you have to try keep the numbers down. Yes, its not that important for lynch 1, but the longer you try to sweep it under the rug, and not keep it in check, the easier for our only real method of killing, the lynch, to be hijacked from us by very organized zombies.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Have we accepted that teams don’t have a BR to communicate in? I think somebody said that but can’t remember why they suggested it.

So each prize could be like a peek, a Kill and a BG protect (or something like that), for each team to win. But at the moment they don’t know which team they are on. Or maybe there are more kills, I mean we can’t go all week with one kill and the NK converting, the game would never finish!
    I believe village don't have br's, zombies do. you ask why... the OP. It say after the NK is dead, the houses get BRs.
    prizes most likely one off goes at the normal power roles powers, so a prize of a peek (once off) which means that if a villager gets the prize, they can know somebody is good or evil. we know we have auto-priest, so no need for prizes relating to the dead. I believe clara of the brotherhood was killed by a prize. there was 5 possible prize winners and none of the are claiming responsibility, so i think there is our talking point for today.
    On the last sentence, starting 'or maybe'. Why do you say go on forever? you have discounted the clara kill in this statement. are you distancing from the clara kill? was this a prepared post from before the clara kill?

Please explain in detail what you mean by this last line and when it was wrote.

Is this a slip? I think it is and would rule out LS, QB, anyone else?
    QB, sure, but LS, why? Do you know who skunks character is, and if so, how?

tusk wrote: »
    Just as a follow up. You may feel that the posts I have contributed have been fluff - because they are. I haven't read anything really on the thread, so I have nothing to contribute yet.

Once I've read up on everything, I'm sure I'll be in a better position to give some useful input :)

You do realize that villagers need to read the thread in order to solve the game, evils can win the game without needing to read anything.
    You have now made a promise of being read up by 4pm. I'll review your contributions to the thread again after that.

Why the need to signify that with a clear sky post when you are just going to post the dragon post immediately afterwards.

Maybe if we were expecting a dragon attack but it failed somehow but thats not what happened.

Then I got nada if it's not related :(

Did Clara do anything that would have made someone think she may have been the NK?

If a Targaryen won the Dragon kill prize I would assume they were hoping to hit the NK with their kill.

The amount of people saying I would be a good convert (I have not been converted) would actually suggest I would be a bad one. Similarly the fact that I had a run of games as a wolf recently would make people auto suspicious of me imo

I am going to guess a member of house Targaryen won a prize and that is why it was Dragon themed. Like I said this morning that would also be why they didn't say on thread they won said prize as it being used would give their house at the very least (people may think them Danny specifically) away.

Anyone at all have any idea why the clouds were posted?

That’s a very good point actually! So that list of people has a Targaryen and possibly NK/Right Hand or another two house members who don’t want to reveal their house.

Would it not be better to reveal your house and help us narrow down whether the NK was on that list or not? Now I don’t fully understand phase 2 of the game so that could be wrong to think like that but just my view on it.

Could NK and Right Hand win two prizes? That would make Andy a baddie though but not outside the realm of possibility. Claims prize that an event needs to happen for it to be of use which gives more time. Willing to put on back burner for time being to see how the prize pans out.

That’s a very good point actually! So that list of people has a Targaryen and possibly NK/Right Hand or another two house members who don’t want to reveal their house.

Would it not be better to reveal your house and help us narrow down whether the NK was on that list or not? Now I don’t fully understand phase 2 of the game so that could be wrong to think like that but just my view on it.

Could NK and Right Hand win two prizes? That would make Andy a baddie though but not outside the realm of possibility. Claims prize that an event needs to happen for it to be of use which gives more time. Willing to put on back burner for time being to see how the prize pans out.

Max one prize per player, no reason why they couldn't both win one.

Mick is very very quiet so far. Almost ridiculously so. Yesterday, grand he was under the weather but usually he's got some theories to put out to people.

Himself and tusk are at the top of my radar for NK at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I was just about to type this up, it signified the impending dragon attack.

Just saw Bounty’s post about Andy being under suspicion for revealing, fair enough :o

• Advertisement

If someone killed clarabel woth a prize speak up. One less prize makes me reluctant to reveal. My prize is still not active, it depends on something happening and i am safe until that does, unless i get lynched.

I realise some could read this the wrong way but i just need some trust.

If you do lynch me i will reveal the prize before i can stop posting. But it will be a loss if you do.

Why is someone using their prize to kill someone (I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they were hoping Clara was the NK) making you less likely to reveal what you got?

From experience (almost lead to my death before) coming forward about winning a prize is only good if you use it and people see it is as said. If not the village usually get suspicious of you.

Already we have people assuming the NK or their right hand man won one of the prizes even though personally I think there could be a number of reasons that people don't want to reveal their prize especially if it might give away who they are.

Drumpot wrote: »
    I was just about to type this up, it signified the impending dragon attack.

Hopefully you & Necro are both right. Have a feeling that could be a rabbit hole I don't want to go down like you lot and the Newspaper/weather forecast last game :pac:

I'll ISO Clara yesterday but I don't know is there any benefit if we're pretty much in agreement that she was offed by a Targaryen.

I'll ISO Clara yesterday but I don't know is there any benefit if we're pretty much in agreement that she was offed by a Targaryen.

Um... later today. Lol. ISO her posts from yesterday

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Why is someone using their prize to kill someone (I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they were hoping Clara was the NK) making you less likely to reveal what you got?

From experience (almost lead to my death before) coming forward about winning a prize is only good if you use it and people see it is as said. If not the village usually get suspicious of you.

Already we have people assuming the NK or their right hand man won one of the prizes even though personally I think there could be a number of reasons that people don't want to reveal their prize especially if it might give away who they are.

From personal experience, coming out and saying you have a bullet and look for village consensus on how to use it ... doesn't work well (ref: Batman).

I can see how if a Tar won they'd not want to say. Say they won a kill and know it'll be character specific, then saying that they have a kill will out them as a member of that House.

It could be the reason why the third person hasn't come out yet either. When the prize finally takes effect, it might link back to whoever admitted having it.

Personally, I don't like it, but then, I'm not part of a House, so easy for me to say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Hopefully you & Necro are both right. Have a feeling that could be a rabbit hole I don't want to go down like you lot and the Newspaper/weather forecast last game :pac:

Could be similar to how this was used in a previous game.
    giphy.gif

Right I'm driving now for an hour. Hopefully get back for the comp if it's still running but if I don't *Shrugs*

Cannae do anything about it

quickbeam wrote: »
    From personal experience, coming out and saying you have a bullet and look for village consensus on how to use it ... doesn't work well (ref: Batman).

I can see how if a Tar won they'd not want to say. Say they won a kill and know it'll be character specific, then saying that they have a kill will out them as a member of that House.

It could be the reason why the third person hasn't come out yet either. When the prize finally takes effect, it might link back to whoever admitted having it.

Personally, I don't like it, but then, I'm not part of a House, so easy for me to say that.

Dunno if I believe your (Brienne) not part of a house but that gets parked for now.

The above is exactly my current line of thinking. People could be afraid of giving away their house allegiance by announcing their prize and in the Targaryen case have just gone ahead and used it. Not sure exactly why Dandy is holding back on saying what his was though seeing as he already said he got a prize. Unless he is the targaryen and does not want that known

One thing is for sure after this game I'll be more confident spelling Targaryen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Um... later today. Lol. ISO her posts from yesterday

It may lead us to why she was offed and maybe by whom.

I find it odd that you of all people dont wish to do that.

Did you kill Clarabel i wonder

• Advertisement

Phone posting so rushing.

My point on the top 5 (Dandy and the 4 on 7 thanks) was based on Skunk assuming that the NK/his teammate got a prize.

In that scenario we have one evil at least in a list of 5 players.

Peeking here would be beneficial.

Ok I'm really out now till about 1.30pm

Advertisement