Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    The tables do actually take a bit of time to make so I can't post at the same time - see my missing of the gift claim whilst compiling one of the tables. If someone else wants to do it then feel free.

Very snarky over what's a very mild call-out.

Maybe take a chill minute and tell us your reads?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    So you’re saying the message came from duck, or chick or Joey or Ross? Not their WW name here?

Message came from Mod.

Basically.
    Hi, this is Jake. I'm duck (he's not the duck)...here's how I prove it (breadcrumbs from well before message).

I responded.
    Hi I'm Phil WW, I'm chick (I'm not the chick)....here's my breadcrumb.
    Hey can you do breadcrumb on thread.

Jake then did the thing I asked him to do so I know it was him.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Very snarky over what's a very mild call-out.

Maybe take a chill minute and tell us your reads?

As I usually do, I'll call someone out when I think they're incorrect.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    He claimed the chick

Who claimed they were the duck last night?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Abigail claimed they were the duck

• Advertisement

The quietness I'll accept as a mild call out, but I think was incorrect. You seem then in your response to belittle 'tables and such' whilst the 'serious discussion' was taking place. Yet I'm the snarky one.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Considering the Duck being dead already, that and Eva's actions need to be addressed (hopefully asap) so the village can move forward imo

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

@jake

Sorry that should have been FFA not ISO.

I seem to have glossed over all last nights posts about your messages with Phil!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Yeah I assumed that was the mix up anyway, tbh Phil summed it all up in his post above. trying to ISO someone I've no read on atm.

I'd say a fair amount depends on whether Gabriel is good or not. If a wolf I'd say there are two voters in the Tegan voters, with Gabriel being one of them. If not then I wouldn't be surprised if there is only one in the Tegan/Gabriel voters with the others spread out amongst the other votes.

I also can't see Holly and Gabriel being on the same team, or Angus and Gabriel being on the same team.
    duffman13 wrote: »
    Lynch Votes

Tegan WW - Gabriel, Henry, Abigail, Nigel, Isla, Katie
    Gabriel WW - Eva, Tegan, Steve, Angus, Holly
    Holly WW - Jake, Fiona
    Nigel WW- Derry, Phil
    Katie WW - Desmond, Orla
    Fiona WW - Brendan, Vernon
    Abigail WW - Conor
    Steve WW - Ewan
    Did not vote - Liam

• Advertisement

I also can't see Holly and Gabriel being on the same team, or Angus and Gabriel being on the same team.

why is that pls?

So, Orla.

Doesn't post until Monday morning and arrives just prior to the munch.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Morning all - had something crop up yesterday but I'll be around for the rest of the week. If I've arrived just in time to get munched I will be RAGING.

Will catch up this morning (please tell me it's mostly gifs!).

So announcing their presence on the thread but no indication of them catching up or not. Hard to know what to make of that I feel a villager (somewhat like Angus) would have some views on day 0 and not just gloss over it.

I apparently arrived just time for a death though. Erm... RIP Wendy, I didn't know you at all.

RIP post. Meh
    Or, Wendy's death could have been the decision that the friends had to make based on first impressions:

"each of our heroes will have an important choice to make based on first impressions"

Maybe one of those decisions was a kill?

Puts forward an alternate theory to Wendy's death, some independent thought here anyways even if I disagree. I like it.
    The OP says:

Each night Janice will chose one player who will succumb to the terrifying noise that is her laugh"

So I'm pretty sure Babs was Janet (plus wolves) at end of night phase.

Not sure if Orla is saying she thinks it was a double munch here or not, I think that's the case but unsure.

Nope, not claiming anything! I'm just trying to catch up and read that line while I was going through the OP.

"first impressions" just sounds to me like something that would require the friends to make an early call on something. I agree could have been vig with an early shot though.

I think it's fairly definite that both wolves and SK went for poor Babs.

Responds to Nigel's fishing, ok so she's in agreement. Fair enough. Also open to the idea it was a vig shot.
    I like this idea.

I've just a look over Wendy's posts (still haven't caught up on the actual thread). Wendy only had 11 posts and she only really interacted with Babs and Katie.

But if Phil's Eddie theory is right, then it could have been a random shot which would make sense as I can't see anything from her posts that would make wendy a target.

Ok so Orla has had a look over Wendy's posts - the vig victim. Weird that. Why not the munch victim?
    I've just caught up to where she's accusing Gabs of being all fun and gifs in the BR - I'm gutted she's gone. I want a resurrection.

Evidence that she's reading back but I don't really feel she's taking much from it with comments like this
    Maybe others disagree, but I think we've spent a lot of time on the "who killed wendy" train today and it's probably not going to help us catch a wolf right now.

Plus while we're discussing this, we're not ISO-ing players or doing FFAs.... are we doing FFAs today?

This comment is a bit off. There were other people discussing other things on the thread at the same time, I was doing ISOs. I don't like it, given Orla herself spent ages trying to work it out she's more guilty of it than most.
    I agree you have Katie, but you're one of very few. Brendan has since he came on as well to be fair.

Brendan has what? He said he was ISOing all of those on his FFA but ended up not doing any of it. He put forward a theory re: Mindy, has he followed that up at all? Weird you'd notice that and not my ISOs though....
    #FFA1

Katie - I really don't want Katie to be a wolf as she's doing a shed-load of work that's really useful. However, I can't get that comment about reading the win conditions out of my head. Together with the shade posted just before 10am, I just can't get a furry feeling out of my head.
    Holly - I thought her FFA was really strange and I didn't get the reasons for her choices at all. Then piling in with Katie on Tegan about distracting people from the ISO (when I felt their response was really a distraction from the win conditions discussion) made me suspicious.
    Phil - Sorry Phil, but again I'm stuck on the pre-10am shade and your reaction afterwards. You even responded again later - I just thought it was a bit overly defensive.

FFA then, eh.... this is what I mean, I don't think Orla is really critically assessing the thread, she's just reacting in real time and getting bogged down in nitpicky points (myself and Phil supposed shading people pre 10am is one point I think is just totally fabricated tbh, literally no one else has agreed with you)
    Still can't move past you Katie, which is deeply upsetting for me as I feel like you've done by far the most work.

So admits she can't move past me, yet regrets it. This is what I mean about static, there's been a good portion of the day and other things to discuss.
    No, I've read day 0 now and you were coloured orange (wolfy) in my little spreadsheet then too as i wasn't sure why you wanted to protect Gabs (#351). Though day zero is fluffy and I don't like to do reads off day zero posting, so I left most of that behind and moved onto day 1.

Tbh, you'd be at the bottom or off my ISO if it wasn't for the whole comment about win conditions.... sorry. :(

This is a little contradictory tbh, I was coloured orange on day 0 (yet you only brought it up when I asked you). You state you don't do reads on day 0 yet you made sure to bring up the point that I'd be coloured orange if you did.

And then, to further contradict yourself I'd be bottom or off your (you say ISO, I presume you mean) FFA apart from my win cons mention...

This is really wolfy the more I read it.
    It upsets me that you're top of my FFA and basically posting what I'm thinking.

Again, you agree with me but you want to nit pick about a small point. Why didn't you bring it up with me directly by the way like Conor or Tegan?
    I'm getting total cold feet about voting. I just realised that I've got 3 of the highest 5 posters on my ffa, and I have no idea about half the people playing.

Hedging now, this doesn't read to great in the middle tbh. Though I will say there's an admittance at least that she doesn't have much of an idea about half the people playing.
    There are ways of doing that you know Orla.
    Exactly. If I remove Baggly and Kitten, I've contributed 2% of the content, while the top 5 posters have contributed 54% of the content.

The bottom 10 posters have contributed 11% of the content... I've no idea what's hiding in there, but there is bound to be a wolf or two.

I'm not saying it's time to lynch all low posters (I know I'm in there and people have jobs) but by tomorrow if there hasn't been an uplift, we surely need to start digging into them...

Low posters discussion, I hope you follow this up today.
    My vote is currently on Katie. If the village is moving, I will (to anyone on my FFA), but I'm reluctant to do anything as a result of that Eva post - I'm pretending it didn't even happen.

And yet, you hold firm on me - your words say one thing but your actions do another, you're asking people to reassess but you're not doing it yourself. Why is that?

Also find it interesting despite the chaos this is your ONLY post in the run up to the lynch.
    Eva and abi have to be mind control, right?

Right...?

Who knows tbh.
    Also katie, whether or not you turn out to be wolfie, you've a point about me being inflexible with reads so I'll try and widen my net tomorrow.

Well yeah you keep saying you want to be more flexible but your actions aren't those of someone who really wants to do that tbh.
    Well either you or phil could be lying about the gifts...

Or eve/abigail could have been faking mind control. That would be pretty ballsy though. And why 2 of them?

There's too many powers at play to be putting both Eva and Abi down to mind control. I know I'm not lying and neither is Phil given Jake is backing her up now.
    Did phil not say he'd be confirming the effect of his gift near 9pm? I'd like to know what that was.

Good question at the time
    On abi and eve - how long could you feasibly have mind control?

I would have thought til end of phase max?

So we should be hoping for some pretty good explanations after 10 if they dont want the chop... unless wolves munch one to keep the secret, in which case the other is presumably wolfy?

If they dont explain, i really dont know what to do with them. I cant see a wolf being that nuts, but i cant see it being a villager either..

Back this morning and still on this mind control thing, none of us can (or in the case of the wolves will) answer that. So can we expect you to focus on these today or are you going to give some reads on other players, because so far they are lacking.
    Iso away on me. I'll be away around lunch but on and off throughout the day. I'd love to know why hollibobs thought i was dodgy too, or if it was just a reaction to my ffa-ing her.

Almost done now Orla.
    Agreed. Happy to discuss my posts and I'll look at the others in that group too.

Ok so where are your reads on the others in my list there?
    Jake
    Vernon
    Brendan
    Derry

What do you think of each individually?

Conclusions:

Trending downwards in my village list for certain, they give the perception that they're progressing on reads and putting forward alternate theories but their actions are static, uncompromising.

Activity around lynch time was next to non-existent, could be sitting back pulling the strings there.

Gonna have to remove Orla from my mild town lean and trend her down to a fancy Orange.

I've done a ISO on the Orla posts and I'm feeling very village after that - Katie will likely list them all out

Brief notes taken while reading:
    Orla brings up first impressions - good
    Gets involved in mechanics discussion - good
    Moves people from who dun it to FFA/ISO - check to see if Orla did any herself
    Gives FFA -
    Deeply regrets but actually notes for Katie - I like her sticking to her gun
    gets involved in discussions - doesn't seem defensive

Phil WW wrote: »
    I've done a ISO on the Orla posts and I'm feeling very village after that - Katie will likely list them all out

Brief notes taken while reading:
    Orla brings up first impressions - good
    Gets involved in mechanics discussion - good
    Moves people from who dun it to FFA/ISO - check to see if Orla did any herself
    Gives FFA -
    Deeply regrets but actually notes for Katie - I like her sticking to her gun
    gets involved in discussions - doesn't seem defensive

It's pretty weird how you get a very different read to me from her posts, please read my ISO on Orla I don't agree with much of your conclusions at all tbh

Katie WW wrote: »

Conclusions:

Trending downwards in my village list for certain, they give the perception that they're progressing on reads and putting forward alternate theories but their actions are static, uncompromising.

Activity around lynch time was next to non-existent, could be sitting back pulling the strings there.

Gonna have to remove Orla from my mild town lean and trend her down to a fancy Orange.

okay, oso glad we posted that at the same time. I'd apprecaite if someone else can do a full read on Orla. I think it is hard for you to be objective on this one since she is voting you. I'll take your points on board though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Fun Bobby took aim at an unsuspecting villager as he walked across the manhattan bridge. He took aim and fired the gun, wounding our villager who had enough energy left to charge Fun Bobby and both tumbled to their deaths in the cold icy waters of the East River.

Fiona was Shot and was Joey Tribbiani
    Henry WW is dead and was Fun Bobby

Fun Bobby took aim at an unsuspecting villager as he walked across the manhattan bridge. He took aim and fired the gun, wounding our villager who had enough energy left to charge Fun Bobby and both tumbled to their deaths in the cold icy waters of the East River.

Henry WW is dead and was Bobby Corso

Ah FFS :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Message came from Mod.

Basically.
    Hi, this is Jake. I'm duck (he's not the duck)...here's how I prove it (breadcrumbs from well before message).

I responded.
    Hi I'm Phil WW, I'm chick (I'm not the chick)....here's my breadcrumb.
    Hey can you do breadcrumb on thread.

Jake then did the thing I asked him to do so I know it was him.

What you have above is completely unverifiable.

Say Jake is a wolf, he says hey I'm Pete, there may be no Pete in the game but hes picked an obscure character that could well be in the game so you'll believe him.

You can add each other to your trust tree but TBH its useless to the rest of us IMO

What

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

That wasn’t fun, fun Bobby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Say Jake is a wolf, he says hey I'm Pete, there may be no Pete in the game but hes picked an obscure character that could well be in the game so you'll believe him.

You can add each other to your trust tree but TBH its useless to the rest of us IMO

Your dead

Fi you dead hun

why is that pls?

I'd be surprised if they would be the last ones to vote for a wolf teammate in a tight lynch.

As I usually do, I'll call someone out when I think they're incorrect.

I can't be incorrect about how I feel...

I think this means someone tried to kill Henry and Joey had him protected

Nigel WW wrote: »

On the bolded bit - I’m not a wolf.

As for the rest of your points, I can see your point of view on my posts.

I’m happy to ISO babs later on. I had issues accessing boards earlier. From recollection there wasn’t anybody that babs didn’t throw shade at, so I wasn’t sure if there would be anything fruitful in what she said.

I’m not sure where I encouraged people away from ISO on Wendy?

Happy to answer any questions or follow up on anything.

Ok Nigel finally getting around to this. So you can see my viewpoints, but you're not really addressing my major concern.

Why did you ask Orla about this:
    This.

@Orla - are you claiming a first impression?

It seems like you're fishing for role claims which is never good. And then why not follow up and respond to Orla anyways?

When you put it together with this:
    What does this mean?

From Day 0, can you see why it's not the best look?

The quietness I'll accept as a mild call out, but I think was incorrect. You seem then in your response to belittle 'tables and such' whilst the 'serious discussion' was taking place. Yet I'm the snarky one.

I didn't belittle anything. I think the tables are great!

What I'm saying is you spent your time in the background creating tables (helpful tables yes), without actually adding much of your own thoughts. So then we've basically nothing to read you on except a bunch of gifs and tables...

It's a valid callout. Prove me wrong by giving us your reads.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

That’s not good :(

So joey was protecting himself. I’d do the same. Now let’s hope either the SK takes out a wolf or both baddies go for the same villager again.

No, Bobby tried to kill Joey and he was protecting himself so he took Bobby down with him :(

• Advertisement

No. Bobby pulled the trigger. So Fiona had herself protected?

Advertisement