Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I've also done my own notes on Katie and Holly and about to look at Isla now, as I want to have a look at the highest posters too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    This worries me a bit. Liam as a 0 poster is a potential modkill. Low is one thing, zero says forgotten/haven't shown up/may get subbed. Not having a third always strikes me as wolfy too.

I wouldn't say wolfy, there's been games as a villager where I've had very little suspicion on day 1 (although this game is not the case, there's LOADS of content).

Putting Liam there is the more wolfy part tbh.

It's like I said earlier in my ISO of Gabs, they were very focused on Babs yesterday and now it's Holly.

It's indicative of either a tunnelling villager or a wolf imo

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    I shouldn't need to say I wasn't expecting an early kill....

The op clearly said first action would be at 10 am.

Not expecting two kills is how my brain processed things. I actually wasn't even expecting one kill until half nine when I began catching up.

You're bringing in the Barry thing now to back up a claim that didn't include the barry thing.

Reaching. Trying to bandwagon an easy target with no work of your own so you can hide in the conversaion.

No I didn’t use the Barry thing in my ffa because I didn’t pick up on it myself, that doesn’t mean I’m going to totally ignore it. We’re supposed to be working together, not just ignoring when someone points out valuable info because we didn’t find it ourselves.

Angus WW wrote: »
    I'm kind of torn on the Holly thing here. I see a few people are saying what I was earlier about the reactions to this mornings kills. I however was satisfied with her response.

When Brendan pointed out the Mindy thing I thought "oh yeah that makes sense" but with further posts and looking at who else spoke about teeth I do think it was a genuine mistake and fully believe the not knowing he was a dentist because I myself hadn't a breeze.

Her reaction when it was pointed out seemed genuine too, kind of a "crap how could I be so foolish?" moment. She's also fighting her corner here, not completely indicative of a villager but it does happen a bit where wolves just lay down and take it. Kind of what I thought of Fionas response to my suspicions. Just a tad meh.

To play devil's advocate on the Mindy thing, just as Brendan is pushing the idea that Fiona is Mindy breadcrumbing, the same could be said for Brendan with the Mindy focus.

I'm not sure I necessarily believe that, but it's worth noting imo.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Say what?

What.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Ok, my reads on lower posters. Everyone on this list has under 20 posts. That's 10 Players.

Angus WW Almost opposite of Des. Not many posts but 3 yesterday, rest today. A bit surprised at how few posts there are.

Quality over quantity my dear boy ;)

I may be in the low posters but we've only begun day1. I was working yesterday but feel I am putting the work in today to redeem myself!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Katie: My gut is saying wolf, because of helpful wolf last time, my brain is staying steady on.
    Holly: my gut is saying wolf
    Fiona: my reaction is to scream wolf, but I know that's just cause she is questioning me. It's her not reading my responses and making up stuff that is questioning me
    Derry: was wolf lean but I'm leaning more village now
    nigel: fishing for info, wolf lean
    Conor, Jake: village lean
    Getrude: low flying
    Ewan: low flying, helpful, I like his style
    Tegan: Village lean, lots of prodding and questioning

Ahh phil, even I don’t think I’ve been particularly proddy or pokey given my availability today. Much as I like you liking me that’s not a good look for you

Gonna ISO Angus later myself, I find myself liking his posts in real time but wanna have a look at the bigger picture to see does it hold up under scrutiny.

Ditto with Orla, despite her suspicions on me I lean good today but I want to assess her full ISO before I make a definitive read.

I'll probably have a look at Henry as well while I'm at it, another one I find is putting in work that I like and want to read over

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    A few more:
    Ewan: Why are you so sure that conversions will get announced? Im not saying they wont but making assumptions like that could lead us down a rabbit hole. Was sure Babs kill was an SK because of the laugh when the flavour clearly said that they werent sure who did it. That doesn’t sit right with me.
    Jake: Don’t like hopping on Brendans FFA. Also this may seem inconsequential but what was the 40 coats post about?
    Nigel: Whilst I like Katie’s reasoning about trying to extract roles, reading through his posts he seems consistent whilst not particularly useful.
    Eva: Either a bored NRV or wolf lying in the cut
    Isla: Very active around the munch and was talking sense.

Because it's always been announced.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I'm getting total cold feet about voting. I just realised that I've got 3 of the highest 5 posters on my ffa, and I have no idea about half the people playing.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

D1
    Start/Check 25 23
    RV 6 6
    RW 3 3
    Convert 1 1
    NRV 15 13
    Dead 2

Total Remain 27 23

Katie WW wrote: »
    Gonna ISO Angus later myself, I find myself liking his posts in real time but wanna have a look at the bigger picture to see does it hold up under scrutiny.

Ditto with Orla, despite her suspicions on me I lean good today but I want to assess her full ISO before I make a definitive read.

I'll probably have a look at Henry as well while I'm at it, another one I find is putting in work that I like and want to read over

This pleases me greatly, I've never been ISOd before and was going to ask somebody to do me but didn't want to come on too strong :P

I'll be doing my FFA shortly, enjoying playing the game live at the minute. Find it's helping me react to what people are saying better and helping me decide whether to look into them more or not.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I'm getting total cold feet about voting. I just realised that I've got 3 of the highest 5 posters on my ffa, and I have no idea about half the people playing.

The percentage difference from the top to the bottom in terms of contribution is massive.

Holly WW 122
    Katie WW 102
    Isla WW 97
    Conor WW 60
    Phil WW 56
    Fiona WW 41
    Henry WW 39
    Barbara WW 34
    Gabriel WW 33
    Jake WW 32
    Ewan WW 27
    Nigel WW 22
    Gertrude WW 21
    Orla WW 20
    Angus WW 19
    Tegan WW 19
    Desmond WW 15
    Brendan WW 11
    Wendy WW 11
    Derry WW 9
    Steve WW 7
    Vernon WW 6
    Baggly 6
    Eva WW 6
    Abigail WW 4
    kitten_k 2

there is a 0 poster missing from that list too iirc

This pleases me greatly, I've never been ISOd before and was going to ask somebody to do me but didn't want to come on too strong :P

I'll be doing my FFA shortly, enjoying playing the game live at the minute. Find it's helping me react to what people are saying better and helping me decide whether to look into them more or not.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Ahh phil, even I don’t think I’ve been particularly proddy or pokey given my availability today. Much as I like you liking me that’s not a good look for you

Tegan has hardly posted, what she has posted has been fluff and prodding.

I never said you were particularly. Compared to the other low posters who have posted little value you have actually asked questions.

if I was a wolf I would know who you are right? I would know you on a team with me or not. If you are on a wolf team I assume it is better to try convince the village other villages are not village. I don't understand why this is not a good look?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    The percentage difference from the top to the bottom in terms of contribution is massive.

Exactly. If I remove Baggly and Kitten, I've contributed 2% of the content, while the top 5 posters have contributed 54% of the content.

The bottom 10 posters have contributed 11% of the content... I've no idea what's hiding in there, but there is bound to be a wolf or two.

I'm not saying it's time to lynch all low posters (I know I'm in there and people have jobs) but by tomorrow if there hasn't been an uplift, we surely need to start digging into them...

Katie WW  Win conditions could be a slip or could be TMI. Can't rule her out but is definitely contributing. Pointed out the value of Jailkeeper as SK Hunter - that would also benefit wolves though. Probably not SK but could be on a team. Neutral/wolf.
    Holly WW  Throwing accusations out. Back and forth with a lot of people. Mixing up posters. Seems a bit too all over the place to be wolfy. Village
    Isla WW Giftastic. A lot of jokes/banter. Does ask some good questions. Part of the dentist conversation with Holly. Spots double target on Babs quickly. Points out backchannel potential. Seems to know a fair bit about game but questions what being pockety means? Explains FFAs and offers to collate. Nothing standing out as wolfy but not enough to put in village. Neutral.

Exactly. If I remove Baggly and Kitten, I've contributed 2% of the content, while the top 5 posters have contributed 54% of the content.

The bottom 10 posters have contributed 11% of the content... I've no idea what's hiding in there, but there is bound to be a wolf or two.

I'm not saying it's time to lynch all low posters (I know I'm in there and people have jobs) but by tomorrow if there hasn't been an uplift, we surely need to start digging into them...

Well even if you lynch me tonight (unlikely but wanna say this anyways), when I flip village have a read of my ISOs on the lower echelon. Did as far as Derry, although I think I missed out on Abigail simply cos it's only 4 posts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Jake WW wrote: »

Holly WW 122
    Katie WW 102
    Isla WW 97
    Conor WW 60
    Phil WW 56
    Fiona WW 41
    Henry WW 39
    Barbara WW 34
    Gabriel WW 33
    Jake WW 32
    Ewan WW 27
    Nigel WW 22
    Gertrude WW 21
    Orla WW 20
    Angus WW 19
    Tegan WW 19
    Desmond WW 15
    Brendan WW 11
    Wendy WW 11
    Derry WW 9
    Steve WW 7
    Vernon WW 6
    Baggly 6
    Eva WW 6
    Abigail WW 4
    kitten_k 2

As one of the highest posters not everyone I have said as been particularly useful. Although the lowest posters do need to get a bit more involved.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Katie WW  Win conditions could be a slip or could be TMI. Can't rule her out but is definitely contributing. Pointed out the value of Jailkeeper as SK Hunter - that would also benefit wolves though. Probably not SK but could be on a team. Neutral/wolf.
    Holly WW  Throwing accusations out. Back and forth with a lot of people. Mixing up posters. Seems a bit too all over the place to be wolfy. Village
    Isla WW Giftastic. A lot of jokes/banter. Does ask some good questions. Part of the dentist conversation with Holly. Spots double target on Babs quickly. Points out backchannel potential. Seems to know a fair bit about game but questions what being pockety means? Explains FFAs and offers to collate. Nothing standing out as wolfy but not enough to put in village. Neutral.

Whilst I'm here. I wanted to know whether pockety was me trying to pocket people or people pocketing me. I know what pocket is but I wasn't sure what the implication was.

You're name may be Orla but somehow I read this as you being Bernie Sanders talking about the wealth in America

source.gif

Isla WW wrote: »
    As one of the highest posters not everyone I have said as been particularly useful. Although the lowest posters do need to get a bit more involved.

I do think the lower posters tend to do the village a disservice. We cant rule them out or rule them in. But it's no indication of guilt. Just not of any use to us or contribute nothing.

Isla WW wrote: »
    Whilst I'm here. I wanted to know whether pockety was me trying to pocket people or people pocketing me. I know what pocket is but I wasn't sure what the implication was.

Thanks for that. It seemed a strange thing not to know. Am doing speed ISOs so will probably miss stuff, hence question marks.

On the low posters hiding a wolf. I don't for one minute believe that to be true anymore and feel like we could waste a lot of time on the subject if we get into it each day. Speaking from experience and if the last game is anything to go by the wolves will challenge what people normally expect wolves to do. It's not to say there isn't a wolf in the lowest posters, there very well could be and it could depend on the players selected but it is not a done deal.

I've found things can easily be thrown off course by discussing low posters being wolves. I have no problem with having suspicions, everyone from low to high posters should be suspicious. I would just like it not to come up again and again distract from more pressing content if that makes sense?

And I fully understand the irony of this post not wanting to go on about it and in so going on about it. That's all I'll be saying on the matter.

On the low posters hiding a wolf. I don't for one minute believe that to be true anymore and feel like we could waste a lot of time on the subject if we get into it each day. Speaking from experience and if the last game is anything to go by the wolves will challenge what people normally expect wolves to do. It's not to say there isn't a wolf in the lowest posters, there very well could be and it could depend on the players selected but it is not a done deal.

I've found things can easily be thrown off course by discussing low posters being wolves. I have no problem with having suspicions, everyone from low to high posters should be suspicious. I would just like it not to come up again and again distract from more pressing content if that makes sense?

And I fully understand the irony of this post not wanting to go on about it and in so going on about it. That's all I'll be saying on the matter.

The reason it comes up is that it can be an effective strategy and has won the game on more than one occasion. I actually find it more useful later on than in the first few days as there is always the possibility of RVs laying low too. So if someone started as low poster and doesn't role claim then my radar tends to go off.

The reason I pointed out that there were 10 players under 20 posts the way I did is that the more there is on thread the easier it is to rule people in OR out as wolves. Villagers should want to contribute. I'm not arguing to lynch them, more poking them with a stick to try to get them posting.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

No gifts from Rachel yet?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Putting this out there before I leave work. Not sure what kind of time I'll have later to defend myself.

I am not a wolf.
    I am not the SK.
    I am not Barry.
    I am not Mindy.

I've come into the game trying to do as much as possible to get the village win. Poking and prodding, calling things wolfy when I see them. Trying to get people posting as much as possible so evidence is out in the open. Defending my choices and posts with honest review when questioned. Being open about flip flopping when I felt I'm wrong.

The dentist thing, while I think it was a GREAT catch by whoever copped it, was nothing but innocent poking from my side. I didn't know Barry was a dentist. From my own perspective, I'd have jumped on that like a demon had it not been me, so I wholeheartedly understand anyone who needs to vote for me. However, there is way more dodgy stuff going on in the thread and if you can see it, then vote for it.

Don't jump on a bandwagon on me just because of the Barry thing. If you see something else, ask me and I'll give you all the info you need.

H Holly,
    can you supply me with your current list,
    the one that you explained to me yesterday.
    I don't want your list from yesterday, i want your current list.

Thank you.

The reason it comes up is that it can be an effective strategy and has won the game on more than one occasion. I actually find it more useful later on than in the first few days as there is always the possibility of RVs laying low too. So if someone started as low poster and doesn't role claim then my radar tends to go off.

The reason I pointed out that there were 10 players under 20 posts the way I did is that the more there is on thread the easier it is to rule people in OR out as wolves. Villagers should want to contribute. I'm not arguing to lynch them, more poking them with a stick to try to get them posting.

My post wasn't directed personally at you or anyone else just to clarify. I just wanted to put out my thoughts on the whole thing. I've seen a lot of time wasted previously on discussing low posters and when there wasn't even a wolf in those.

I do agree that it does the village a disservice if it goes on the whole game and would urge low posters to get more involved, granted RL does get in the way sometimes.. It's more fun that way for all involved anyway :)

• Advertisement

My post wasn't directed personally at you or anyone else just to clarify. I just wanted to put out my thoughts on the whole thing. I've seen a lot of time wasted previously on discussing low posters and when there wasn't even a wolf in those.

I do agree that it does the village a disservice if it goes on the whole game and would urge low posters to get more involved, granted RL does get in the way sometimes.. It's more fun that way for all involved anyway :)

You are right about it being a timesink. Our energies can be better spent elsewhere.

Advertisement