Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod Note

The lynch form is open: https://forms.gle/ev4N9U7KbbpGKcTEA

Please follow this thread or refer to the OP going forward for easy access.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Strange that Barbara was drawing that much heat from the wolves & SK.

Considering how she was dividing opinion in here i thought it would have made sense to keep her around. Even more surprising that both baddies went for her.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Holly , whayt does it mean it def wasn't the SK? \everyone else seems to think opposite to you and I'd like to understand where you are coming from

There were two kills. One was a shot, so neither the wolves or sk could have done it. We need to have at least a wolf and SK each night, so I thought one of them had to be blocked. However, it's been cleared up that they both targeted babs, so that's why there was only one other kill.

If they had targeted different people, there would have been three kills this morning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Yep, I think it's undeniable tbh.
    Yep, I'm on board with this
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    They both went for babs. The wolves had their kill order in before the sk.

That’s my take on it.
    Either this was just dodgy flavour or it's a clue that it wasn't the SK.

I feel like either the SK or Wolves were definitely blocked tonight.
    Holly , whayt does it mean it def wasn't the SK? \everyone else seems to think opposite to you and I'd like to understand where you are coming from

Did you change your mind? this happened very quickly with no clarification.

Henry WW wrote: »

Considering how she was dividing opinion in here i thought it would have made sense to keep her around. Even more surprising that both baddies went for her.

I agree. Very strange selection to be honest. Babs was sowing doubt across the board, as she likes to do. and it was confusing the village. If I was a wolf I definitely would have kept here to keep things on edge.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Henry WW wrote: »

Well if you went along with the theory she was on a task then its understandable for the wolves, as they would know she wasn't on an evil task and could only be good
    Likewise the SK could have wanted them dead, good or bad

Those quotes are not in order!

I did change my mind. Clarification is there. Read back through the thread. In order!

I was trying to figure it out. I found a situation where the specific kills made sense. Then another situation was presented that made even more sense. I agreed.

Very easy to see....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I agree. Very strange selection to be honest. Babs was sowing doubt across the board, as she likes to do. and it was confusing the village. If I was a wolf I definitely would have kept here to keep things on edge.

I've not caught up to where Babs was sewing doubt, but #193 might have done for her:

"I’m going to bounce, be back tomorrow once a train or two has formed see if I can be of help. Don’t form one on me, I could potentially be useful.

Bye all, don’t miss me too much."

Maybe wolves and sk took it as indication of a role.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

How do we feel about the Chandler V Mindy question?

Does anyone know enough about that character to read back and check for breadcrumbs?

Even if she was found I find it incredibly unlikely the wolves would allow the use of that shot this early.

I don't remember a lot about Mindy BUT I think I've ruled out Eddie as a possibility. Now maybe I'm wrong but the OP says that "each day Eddie will attempt to get revenge by causing chaos in the lives of the friends."

This seems to suggest that Eddie's powers are daytime actions.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Well if you went along with the theory she was on a task then its understandable for the wolves, as they would know she wasn't on an evil task and could only be good
    Likewise the SK could have wanted them dead, good or bad

Theres no real mention of tasks in the OP though. Only two characters that have to find anyone are Monica (Bobby) & Barry (Mindy). So it couldnt have been Barry seeing as the wolves were involved in Bab's death. So that leaves Monica - But we know that Bab's was NRV.

So what other task might have been attempted do you think?

Conor WW wrote: »
    I don't remember a lot about Mindy BUT I think I've ruled out Eddie as a possibility. Now maybe I'm wrong but the OP says that "each day Eddie will attempt to get revenge by causing chaos in the lives of the friends."

This seems to suggest that Eddie's powers are daytime actions.

I haven't got Eddie on my radar for this. Causing chaos sounds less killy to me.

Orla WW wrote: »
    I've not caught up to where Babs was sewing doubt, but #193 might have done for her:

"I’m going to bounce, be back tomorrow once a train or two has formed see if I can be of help. Don’t form one on me, I could potentially be useful.

Bye all, don’t miss me too much."

Maybe wolves and sk took it as indication of a role.

Good shout Orla. Maybe that was it. By sowing doubt I meant on herself. As in the way she was going on was half trying to act village half trying to make herself out as wolfy.

Then this whole useful business.

I haven't got Eddie on my radar for this. Causing chaos sounds less killy to me.

Yeah I'm the same, more for overpower/duplication issues but I hadn't spotted that Eddie could/would be active during the day rather than at night as is more usual for wolves.

Now maybe I'm reading OP wrong on that but it is worth looking out for.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I was going to ISO babs to see if she called anyone a wolf but she called everyone, even herself, a wolf. So no point.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Like this. If me and Gertie are in it together we’re the worst players in the history of the world and we deserve killing

So I guess this clears me ?

tenor.gif?itemid=10762420

I was going to ISO babs to see if she called anyone a wolf but she called everyone, even herself, a wolf. So no point.

I've just caught up to where she's accusing Gabs of being all fun and gifs in the BR - I'm gutted she's gone. I want a resurrection.

I've just caught up to where she's accusing Gabs of being all fun and gifs in the BR - I'm gutted she's gone. I want a resurrection.

Yeah hope you're having fun in the DR guys! Send us telekinetic vibes so we actually get the win this time!!!

Babs will rise again. Just not in this game unfortunately. :(

She did a great job drawing both kills though so well done Babs.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Babs will rise again. Just not in this game unfortunately. :(

She did a great job drawing both kills though so well done Babs.

Very true, never realised, but that's actually such a powerful tool in the village's arsenal... If it can be pulled off. GG brarbrara

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Anyone else having problems navigating boards at the moment?

It’s funny cause I was starting to feel like Phil was village as he is putting stuff together nicely and keeping nice spreadsheets that are helpful.

I went back over some of this morning as I wanted to see who was dismissing the Eddie theory and noticed something that I had already mentioned (my eager beaver post) that seemed a bit off for me.

Most of us had a bit of a surprise with this mornings events and were trying to work out what was going on:

6 minutes after munch and nobody is really sure what happened and Phil thoight an ISO or Jake was important or worth discussing?
    Decided to do a ISO based off this post and I was left very dissapointed after

I cannot be the only person who likes Janice, the character, not the SK

Lots of gifs and nothing that would make me feel Jake is a wolf

Exact same time Nigel managed to do a full ISO of Wendy within a few Mins of her death. A more relevant ISO to the deaths IMO but very very quickly done for somebody who only found out she was worth ISOing
    Fluff/moo

Talking to Katie.

At Katie again.

Making friends with Katie.

Calling out babs.

Babs again.

Answering a question.

-

Not much to go on. Interaction with Katie and babs mainly.

Village is still trying to figure things out but Phil knows the score:
    it was a munch, per OP, why is there a doubt here?

Ok so now the village should take a breath and work out what actually happened before adding more variables to the equation. Maybe Holly can help clear up this morning:
    Shall we start FFAing then in prep for tonight?

#FFA1
    Henry
    Derry
    Tegan

Ah ok, not sure why you chose any of them but I suppose it’s something.

And then Orla weighs in with
    Or, Wendy's death could have been the decision that the friends had to make based on first impressions:

"each of our heroes will have an important choice to make based on first impressions"

Maybe one of those decisions was a kill?

So the goodies have to decide to kill somebody on morning 1 before a munch?
    Bury the duck.

But also, give us information on who you suspect, so that we can use it later!!!

Phil who was quick to know immediately what this mornings munch was now thinks all the goodies killed somebody!
    I think this too

SK- not possible, they do night kills
    Vig - seems very early to get a shot off, unless they thouhgt they were under threat to be munched. Is there any indication of this except Holly?
    Mindy - seems unlikley

Wolves want to cause confusion , I feel like some of this mornings interactions were not helping us figure out what happened and some of it felt like work done pre munch.

In terms of Phil and Holly I had begun to think they were good but this close munch posting has me ruffled like a duck being insulted by Ben Stiller.

Sorry I meant to write after Holly’s “bury the duck” post:

So holly feels FFAs are more important then working out this mornings events?

It’s funny cause I was starting to feel like Phil was village as he is putting stuff together nicely and keeping nice spreadsheets that are helpful.

I went back over some of this morning as I wanted to see who was dismissing the Eddie theory and noticed something that I had already mentioned (my eager beaver post) that seemed a bit off for me.

Most of us had a bit of a surprise with this mornings events and were trying to work out what was going on:

6 minutes after munch and nobody is really sure what happened and Phil thoight an ISO or Jake was important or worth discussing?

Exact same time Nigel managed to do a full ISO of Wendy within a few Mins of her death. A more relevant ISO to the deaths IMO but very very quickly done for somebody who only found out she was worth ISOing

Village is still trying to figure things out but Phil knows the score:

Ok so now the village should take a breath and work out what actually happened before adding more variables to the equation. Maybe Holly can help clear up this morning:

Ah ok, not sure why you chose any of them but I suppose it’s something.

Phil who was quick to know immediately what this mornings munch was now thinks all the goodies killed somebody!

Wolves want to cause confusion , I feel like some of this mornings interactions were not helping us figure out what happened and some of it felt like work done pre munch.

In terms of Phil and Holly I had begun to think they were good but this close munch posting has me ruffled like a duck being insulted by Ben Stiller.

Your timing and explainations are a bit out.
    I was doing the ISO while the kills were announced. Whatever way I do them I am very very slow.

I also hadn't seen, as had many people at that time, that the first kill was before 10.

You've left out the bit where I go back to first principles and look at the data, by creating the table rather than guessing which everyone is/was doing

You've also left out the bit where I said the first kill was a much was a mistake.

Bit of a selected read?

Your timing and explainations are a bit out.
    I was doing the ISO while the kills were announced. Whatever way I do them I am very very slow.

I also hadn't seen, as had many people at that time, that the first kill was before 10.

You've left out the bit where I go back to first principles and look at the data, by creating the table rather than guessing which everyone is/was doing

You've also left out the bit where I said the first kill was a much was a mistake.

Bit of a selected read?

Definitely a selected read and I’m ok with you explaining away.

But I find this sort of sleuthing very odd around the time when big events are unfolding. It’s not necessarily wolf behavior but we all knew there was big news coming at 10, why not do that sort of ISO at a time when it’s less busy or when we won’t have other information to go through?

It’s the timing I have a problem with, particularity if Eddie is using some poweee and the wolves want to create confusion or make it harder for us to work things out.

To clarify, the "first impressions" point made me think that it was a decision that had to be taken very early. The alternatives are (i) vig - still a goodie pre-munch kill which makes little sense unless they just wanted to be sure they made a shot, and (ii) eddie/barry which is a baddie pre-munch death which also makes no sense to me if they could wait until later to do so.

I've yet to look at post-munch postings but Phil and Katie were feeling wolfy to me from pre-munch postings. They were both throwing shade just before munch, and didn't seem worried that this might draw wolfy eyes onto them.

Side Name Role Can Kill When Action

Village Chandler Vig yes Any to shot/kill
    Bad Eddie Sharman Maybe Each day cause chaos
    Bad Barry Convertor no sure each day to find Mindy
    Village Rachal Sharman no each day give present
    Village Monica Fun no each day to find Bobby
    Village Joey Hero kinda each night to protect
    SK Janice SK yes each night to kill
    Village Phoebe Aura no each night to read
    Village Ross Jailer no each night to jail
    Bad Ursula Imposter no night read 1st Aura

Definitely a selected read and I’m ok with you explaining away.

But I find this sort of sleuthing very odd around the time when big events are unfolding. It’s not necessarily wolf behavior but we all knew there was big news coming at 10, why not do that sort of ISO at a time when it’s less busy or when we won’t have other information to go through?

It’s the timing I have a problem with, particularity if Eddie is using some poweee and the wolves want to create confusion or make it harder for us to work things out.

I don't wear a watch? I didnt; realise the time :confused:

I've yet to look at post-munch postings but Phil and Katie were feeling wolfy to me from pre-munch postings. They were both throwing shade just before munch, and didn't seem worried that this might draw wolfy eyes onto them.

Can you point to that? I don't think I was you know.

• Advertisement

tag.gif

Isla is hard for me to read cause I suspect boardsie person and want them to stay. But also playing a different style which has me suspect

Here you go phil - that's a little bit of shade near isla....

Advertisement