Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »

My only other suspect at this point is Holly. In a game with wolves and a SK I don’t see how anyone is not expecting two kills this morning. It comes across to me as trying to distance herself from the kills.

You are a terrible wolf hunter if I'm your only suspect.

Do some work!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Too many are too quiet tbh, I always worry about the quiet ones:

Derry WW 8
    Steve WW 7
    Vernon WW 6
    Eva WW 6
    Abigail WW 4
    Liam WW 0

Liam is on zero. Is there punishment of he fails to vote? Did not see anything in the rules.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

So the ode to the lower posters, starting with Derry

Derry WW wrote: »
    How did you pick up lack of auto-priest from? Isla say lack of priest role, no mention of lack of auto priest.

Did you want you questions answered?

A lack of auto priest is not good for wagonomics. But nobody other than you thinks we lack an auto priest. On the contrary, the OP says we have one.

This was the response when isla clarifies she said priest, not auto priest.

It's in the OP that they do.

Phil entered well, but seems to have misread Isla post.
    I am not getting bad vibes of what could be a legitimate misread, but from the initial getting hi and involved interaction, his further interactions have been avoidance and fluff.

Nice initial opening post, I don't find it overtly wolfy like Holly does tbh. Interesting she jumped right on him though. Defense of Phil perhaps? Hard to say without a flip
    Tell me more about this list of yours.
    I'm fine, how are you?

More back and forth with Holly
    Showing up unannounced?

by saying something like this?

I don't usually participate in fluff as I don't find it productive in wolf hunting, it's mainly just a smokescreen, and I feel no need to play those games.

Look back at the read I did, Phil immediately got involved, then backtracked then fluffed.

Did you even read my initial post?

Explains their initial post fairly well here, I really don't know why Holly jumped on them tbh.
    wrong slash on closing img tags. use only forward slashes.

Advice on gifs
    Lock-of-the-week.jpg

Fluff
    Rule 13 is win conditions.

Back today for the first time after the win cons had been added, I then clarify as does Conor and they respond....
    The rule was there by the time I got to reading the thread.

boards was acting up alot.
    https://twitter.com/boards/status/1143119254327312384

So I posted what i could when I could and only came across the mod update post afterwards.

Seems like its back up now, so whatever gremlins were plaguing boards this morning seem to have been banished.

The win conditions you chose to assume though are an often debated rules and some mods favor sk win at 1v1v1 and other don't give the sk that advantage and say, like our mods here, that it must be 1v1 for sk to win.

It is not usually something that i'd go about assuming myself would be the same as previous games.

But, to consider it TMI, you would have to have gotten that information somewhere.
    If you asked the mods and they answered, then that would have prompted them to fix the OP then and there.

Unless someone can tell me how its TMI, I'm not going to be using it as such.

Fair points imo, logical approach to it.

Conclusions:

Village lean for now. Would like to see more as I like their analytical style tbh.

Doesn't get TOO bogged down in fluff or mechanics, straight to business with their first post prodding at Phil which made sense.

Putting this out there before I leave work. Not sure what kind of time I'll have later to defend myself.

I am not a wolf.
    I am not the SK.
    I am not Barry.
    I am not Mindy.

I've come into the game trying to do as much as possible to get the village win. Poking and prodding, calling things wolfy when I see them. Trying to get people posting as much as possible so evidence is out in the open. Defending my choices and posts with honest review when questioned. Being open about flip flopping when I felt I'm wrong.

The dentist thing, while I think it was a GREAT catch by whoever copped it, was nothing but innocent poking from my side. I didn't know Barry was a dentist. From my own perspective, I'd have jumped on that like a demon had it not been me, so I wholeheartedly understand anyone who needs to vote for me. However, there is way more dodgy stuff going on in the thread and if you can see it, then vote for it.

Don't jump on a bandwagon on me just because of the Barry thing. If you see something else, ask me and I'll give you all the info you need.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Such a bandwagony FFA from top to bottom.

Not a single thought of your own in there, you're just parrotting others as your own opinions.

Not to mention the fact I'm being FFAed by you for being 'a helpful wolf' yet Isla makes your FFA after it was ME that pointed out she was being pockety.

Straight up to the top of my list of wolves with a bullet after this.

we had a very helpful wolf last game, it's not beyond possibilities.

As an aside I really struggle to not immediatly want to call the people who question me a wolf. Because of that I tend to watch out for it myself, it makes me value the read less.

You're/we're active it's hard to hide when you're active. I feel like I am picking on you and because you are active I am flip flopping between you. I'm going to try leave you alone.

• Advertisement

Steve....

Steve WW wrote: »
    Ok so look, I'm not saying that I bought a tablet specifically to make playing this game easier but I am saying that's exactly what I've done so don't judge me and just let me get used to the damn thing before you munch me ok wolves?

In other news, hi folks. I am THIS happy to be here: (hopes first attempt at posting a gif works)
    [/IMG]https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7qDQ4kcSD1PLM3BK/giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d0fcecc75764c74367570a8&rid=giphy.gif[\img]

Gif fail, everyone point and laugh :P

Seriously though Steve you got a new tablet, I'm hoping you use it more than you have been currently...
    Doh!
    Ok posting from a tablet isn't as easy as I thought. Damn.
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d0fcecc75764c74367570a8&rid=giphy.gif
    Yusssssssss!!

Fluff..... finally posts a gif. Meh.
    I was assuming that the babs death was the SK as it mentions the laugh but there's no way Wendy was the wolves. Sure it was way too early. I do like this thought by Orla though. Never considered that at all.

So possibilities:
    1) Wolves munched Wendy, Sk killed Babs
    2) Vigilante shot Wendy, SK and Wolves both targeted Babs
    3) Team Village shot Wendy, SK and Wolves both targeted Babs
    4) Any of the above only for whatever reason the wolves or SK didn't get a kill this morning.

Who was it mentioned that the SK kills in the evening? Where does it say that in the OP? It's possible but I don't remember reading that.

Steve's main post tbh, the rest is basically fluff.

Considers all worlds, I like it.

The last bit is weird though, I don't have any recollection of anyone saying the SK kills in the evening. Perhaps you can clarify Steve or did you... pick it up in your wolfy backroom :eek:

(May be playing a bit with that last bit ;) )

Duck fur? :confused:

Fluff

Conclusions:

Need more. When they do post they seem in tune with the game which means either they are following along and keeping track

OR

They're being updated in a backroom.

Null to wolf lean for now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I’m actually finding Holly’s defense a lot more believable than Fiona’s.

Haven’t forgotten Isla and Gertrude in the mix too though.

Vernon:

Vernon WW wrote: »
    hey guys

my phone is not connecting to boards in the office, so stealing in for 2 minutes on my lunch

Pops in at lunchtime, standard fare I guess?
    I've read next to nothing - hoping to get an hour at around half 5 for a decent catch up and some decent posting. any cliffnotes apart from wendy and babs death

Ok so fairly out of sync with the thread, makes me think not wolf.
    I was doing a little light reading in the morning before I was consumed by Sunday as per usual. I can almost never post on Sundays :)

I can buy this explanation, the post he thanked was really early on tbf.
    lunchtime coincidences
    Did I do what ?
    And back to the office I go - hopefully be back on around 5:30-6:00 for a little

Rest is off topic stuff really.

Conclusions:

Although there's not much I have a light village lean on Vernon for now. Doesn't seem up to date in the thread and that for me is more in line with a villager than an evil.
    Not discounting they could be the SK fading in and out though or just faking it.

Would like to see more and for them to get up to date to give us a fresh take (same goes for all the lower posters btw)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

A few more:
    Ewan: Why are you so sure that conversions will get announced? Im not saying they wont but making assumptions like that could lead us down a rabbit hole. Was sure Babs kill was an SK because of the laugh when the flavour clearly said that they werent sure who did it. That doesn’t sit right with me.
    Jake: Don’t like hopping on Brendans FFA. Also this may seem inconsequential but what was the 40 coats post about?
    Nigel: Whilst I like Katie’s reasoning about trying to extract roles, reading through his posts he seems consistent whilst not particularly useful.
    Eva: Either a bored NRV or wolf lying in the cut
    Isla: Very active around the munch and was talking sense.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Wanted to look back over Fionas posts and this is what has stood out to me.
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    We also need to be on the lookout for Mindy leaving bread crumbs for Barry
    Couple of things Katie

I’m not leaving a trail, I’m not Mindy, just being helpful and reminding people to be on the lookout

How do you know the Shaman gives gifts??

All it says is

Eddie Cahill (Evil Shaman) – Having never recovered from losing his roomie - each day Eddie will attempt to get revenge by causing chaos in the lives of the friends

There’s one way you could know

Third post talks about Mindy leaving breadcrumbs, explains it away as making people aware of what to look out for but surely you can just look out for this yourself instead of bringing it up straight away.
    Are you laying claim to a role here?

You're very confusing Barbara, I can't make out if you're good or bad or just a head the ball

Asks Barbara is she claiming a role when she said she could be useful to the village. Suspicious now that Barbara is dead and has been stated on thread she was targeted by both wolves and SK because of this comment.
    I'd like to go back to Phil's ISO of Jake that Gertie brought up, I don't want to be accused of bandwagoning but it seems to have drifted away a bit

Theres a load of things about it that dont make sense.
    - the timing - I personally would never do an ISO around munch time because I'd be afraid of being munched and having wasted my time. I would also wait to do the ISO on someone who had just been munched. The timing is just too casual, as is the excuse that you don't have a watch

- the choice - you pick some random post from Jake as a basis to do an ISO, a post that came early yesterday, you've been active plenty since then but you pick this moment to do an ISO? Even if you were reading back this morning I don't see any universe where you pick out that post and say "Ya I need to ISO that guy, hes dodgy"

I do not like it at all

Brings back up Phils ISO of Jake and says she doesn’t want to be accused of bandwagoning. Why even point out the potential bandwagon? Feels like she saw other people questioning him and thought of this as an easy way to get a real wagon going.
    Are you accusing me of being Mindy here Brendan? I’m not, neither am I Bobby, just an NRV talking about odd socks, if I’d known it could be related to secret meanings I would have stayed away from the topic

Claims NRV - I’ve already put my thoughts on this on thread.

• Advertisement

Thats what I have for the minute so here is my

#FFA1

Tegan
    Eva
    Ewan

Must say I approve of some changing their avatars it's making it easier to distinguish between the similar colours on display on some of the generic boards ones.

Not really alignment indicative but just thought I'd mention it

Must say I approve of some changing their avatars it's making it easier to distinguish between the similar colours on display on some of the generic boards ones.

Didn't think we were allowe dto do that. will do now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Too many are too quiet tbh, I always worry about the quiet ones:

Derry WW 8
    Steve WW 7
    Vernon WW 6
    Eva WW 6
    Abigail WW 4
    Liam WW 0

It upsets me that you're top of my FFA and basically posting what I'm thinking.

That's why I changed mine, I found it much easier to remember you from your avatar so thanks for the inspiration!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

#FFA1
    Holly: appeared to be trying to distance herself from the kill this morning by saying she wasn’t expecting 2.
    Liam: Always suspicious of the low posters anyway incase there’s a low lying wolf, but 0 posts by now is just ridiculous.
    I don’t have a third yet

Angus WW wrote: »
    That's why I changed mine, I found it much easier to remember you from your avatar so thanks for the inspiration!!

First thing I do every game tbh!

Katie: My gut is saying wolf, because of helpful wolf last time, my brain is staying steady on.
    Holly: my gut is saying wolf
    Fiona: my reaction is to scream wolf, but I know that's just cause she is questioning me. It's her not reading my responses and making up stuff that is questioning me
    Derry: was wolf lean but I'm leaning more village now
    nigel: fishing for info, wolf lean
    Conor, Jake: village lean
    Getrude: low flying
    Ewan: low flying, helpful, I like his style
    Tegan: Village lean, lots of prodding and questioning

Orla WW wrote: »
    It upsets me that you're top of my FFA and basically posting what I'm thinking.

:cool: Not sure what I can say that I haven't said about my faux pas re: the win cons.

Legit thought I had read them in the OP, only realised I hadn't when Conor pulled me up on it.

Can't really defend against it only say that I'm a villager and it wasn't a slip or TMI.

Proof is in the flip though so whatever happens happens I guess

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

#FFA1
    Holly: appeared to be trying to distance herself from the kill this morning by saying she wasn’t expecting 2.
    Liam: Always suspicious of the low posters anyway incase there’s a low lying wolf, but 0 posts by now is just ridiculous.
    I don’t have a third yet

This worries me a bit. Liam as a 0 poster is a potential modkill. Low is one thing, zero says forgotten/haven't shown up/may get subbed. Not having a third always strikes me as wolfy too.

• Advertisement

#FFA1
    I don’t have a third yet

This is garbage. You need to put in some more work here. If anyone agrees with this I have serious reservations about you.

Why would anyone try to distance themselves ffrom a kill. Surely doing that so blatantly is instant finger pointing! I asked a genuine question and was genuinely shocked by both the early kill and the subsequent kill.

I'm kind of torn on the Holly thing here. I see a few people are saying what I was earlier about the reactions to this mornings kills. I however was satisfied with her response.

When Brendan pointed out the Mindy thing I thought "oh yeah that makes sense" but with further posts and looking at who else spoke about teeth I do think it was a genuine mistake and fully believe the not knowing he was a dentist because I myself hadn't a breeze.

Her reaction when it was pointed out seemed genuine too, kind of a "crap how could I be so foolish?" moment. She's also fighting her corner here, not completely indicative of a villager but it does happen a bit where wolves just lay down and take it. Kind of what I thought of Fionas response to my suspicions. Just a tad meh.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Katie: My gut is saying wolf, because of helpful wolf last time, my brain is staying steady on.
    Holly: my gut is saying wolf
    Fiona: my reaction is to scream wolf, but I know that's just cause she is questioning me. It's her not reading my responses and making up stuff that is questioning me
    Derry: was wolf lean but I'm leaning more village now
    nigel: fishing for info, wolf lean
    Conor, Jake: village lean
    Getrude: low flying
    Ewan: low flying, helpful, I like his style
    Tegan: Village lean, lots of prodding and questioning

The words 'Jake' and 'Village Lean' should never be used in a sentence.

i can't defend against gut, but I will say your read on Tegan seems bogus. She has not done lots of prodding and questioning. In fact if that was a reason to give someone a village lean, surely I'd be near the top of the list.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    This is garbage. You need to put in some more work here. If anyone agrees with this I have serious reservations about you.

Why would anyone try to distance themselves ffrom a kill. Surely doing that so blatantly is instant finger pointing! I asked a genuine question and was genuinely shocked by both the early kill and the subsequent kill.

You didn’t say that you weren’t expecting an early kill though, you said you weren’t expecting 2 kills. How on earth would you not be expecting two kills? Not to mention all the mindy/Barry stuff.

Agree with both Holly and Conor here.

Only 2 on the FFA and one who is surely going to be Modkilled/subbed.

Come on Gab. Dig a bit deeper

I'm not voting Holly tonight anyways, I've a placeholder on Nigel but would happily switch to either of the others on my FFA either.

You didn’t say that you weren’t expecting an early kill though, you said you weren’t expecting 2 kills. How on earth would you not be expecting two kills? Not to mention all the mindy/Barry stuff.

I shouldn't need to say I wasn't expecting an early kill....

The op clearly said first action would be at 10 am.

Not expecting two kills is how my brain processed things. I actually wasn't even expecting one kill until half nine when I began catching up.

You're bringing in the Barry thing now to back up a claim that didn't include the barry thing.

Reaching. Trying to bandwagon an easy target with no work of your own so you can hide in the conversaion.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Ok, my reads on lower posters. Everyone on this list has under 20 posts. That's 10 Players.

Abigail WW Who? 3 Posts. Can't get any kind of read.
    Angus WW Almost opposite of Des. Not many posts but 3 yesterday, rest today. A bit surprised at how few posts there are.
    Brendan WW  Using Mindy as a basis for FFA but what if Mindy doesn't want to be found? Not everyone wants to be on the wolf team. At least there is some strategy being used. I'm not 100% sure either way so neutral.
    Derry WW Not a lot here. Interacted with Phil to point out that there is in fact an auto-priest and responded to Holly. Opening post bit of an ISO on Phil/Isla conversation. Would like to see more before making a call. Neutral
    Desmond WW More with very little. Some posts yesterday. Only 3 today. Suspicious.
    Eva WW  Accused Babs of being wolf and argued that Gabriels post re Babs was wolfy. Can see the logic but just not enough here.
    Orla WW Wasn't around Day 0. Does an FFA. Questioning posts. Limited good lean here.
    Steve WW  Very little from Steve too. Around a bit post munch, nothing since.
    Tegan WW  Mostly interacted with Holly re Holly crying wolf, and me/Katie regarding twigging same thing I did with Katie. Did push on it, so defo not same team. Seemed to ignore my contribution (get over yourself here?). Would like to hear more.
    Vernon WW  Not much so far. Says will be back on later. Reserving judgement for now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

i can't defend against gut, but I will say your read on Tegan seems bogus. She has not done lots of prodding and questioning. In fact if that was a reason to give someone a village lean, surely I'd be near the top of the list.

Apart from putting you on an FFA have you had issue with anything I've posted? I can understand the mistake and forgetting about the Dentist thing but it does fit and thats more than can be said about most on day 1 when some have barely posted.

• Advertisement

Tegan has hardly posted, what she has posted has been fluff and prodding.

Similar response to Katie, it's difficult when you're an active poster, I get it. I won't be voting for you tonight but there is something. It's hard to defend against that. I get it

I don't get you Jake read at all. it's off. Rachal would agree with me.

Advertisement