Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Hi Guys, I've just watched this lad looping above me as I walked on the Mizen. Any idea what he's up to please?

https://www.flightradar24.com/EXS031F/2097b632

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Squatter wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I've just watched this lad looping above me as I walked on the Mizen. Any idea what he's up to please?

There's an engineering company at Lasham, 2Excel, that may indicate its a test flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

He spent about 20 mins around, passed up east and then went back West. Did see/hear him again, maybe continued Northish?

Could be a test run but seems a bit far, more likely photographing, a lot of that when the weather is good around here (which is all the time) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Squatter wrote: »

It's a very strange flight path, but he has finally landed at Leeds-Bradford Airport!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The Falcon 50 descending into Dublin is N770JD of Evangelical preacher Jesse Duplantis.

Must be a well paying gig for that kind of transport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

marno21 wrote: »
    The Falcon 50 descending into Dublin is N770JD of Evangelical preacher Jesse Duplantis.

Free event at the Red Cow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭john boye

I once saw one of those evangelicists making thousands of dollars every day across four big towns/cities in Arizona. He just packed up his show and took it to the next town the next day and his itinerary happened to be similar to mine. They were literally throwing money at him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

john boye wrote: »
    I once saw one of those evangelicists making thousands of dollars every day across four big towns/cities in Arizona. He just packed up his show and took it to the next town the next day and his itinerary happened to be similar to mine. They were literally throwing money at him!

Had to google him out of interest.... The first 2 mins of this is enough.... Crazy Yanks.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UjUQKg0VqA

Fecker is worth a fortune though!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Some interesting visitors, Citation and Phenom out of Ireland West just now

D7KgtW7W0AAHea8.jpg

eikn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Were they looping over south Dublin this morning? Could hear some type of non commercial aircraft flying over several times sometime around 11 this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Were they looping over south Dublin this morning? Could hear some type of non commercial aircraft flying over several times sometime around 11 this morning.

Air Corps PC-9 trio, though they were flying straight and level.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Fly past for Swedish State visit

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭peneau

Hi everybody, my very excited 12 year old just spotted DC3 (N8336C) over flying Sandymount, Dublin, in the last 15 mins or so, on it's way to Weston then to the UK and France for D-Day comemmerations, I guess, anyone know how long it might be staying in Weston ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Think it's there until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

EI-DEK BIO-DUB went around at dublin last night about 18:00 anyone hear the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭billie1b

Streetlamp wrote: »
    EI-DEK BIO-DUB went around at dublin last night about 18:00 anyone hear the reason?

Strong tail wind

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

Thanks, was on the flight. Pilot just said a warning they wanted to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭billie1b

Streetlamp wrote: »
    Thanks, was on the flight. Pilot just said a warning they wanted to investigate.

No probs, they reported ‘strong tail wind’ to the tower but you never know, they may have just said that

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

zuutroy wrote: »
    Think it's there until tomorrow.
    Friend of mine who is out there this morning and spoke to one of the crew says he was told it will now be there for a few days for maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

saw a c-130 going into Casement earlier. Is it US?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

FR24 is so fascinating!

Can anyone tell me what this flight is all about??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    FR24 is so fascinating!

That's 258 the Irish government jet.

It was likely either out on a training/post maintenance flight or it was headed to the UK and had to return for whatever reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭Jeff2

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    FR24 is so fascinating!

There were some amount of private planes today, strange.

Of topic, but there is also a boat tracker site that I don't remember the name of.
    Might be of interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

That's 258 the Irish government jet.

It was likely either out on a training/post maintenance flight or it was headed to the UK and had to return for whatever reason

Total guess: perhaps an air ambulance/medical transfer flight that got stood down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Jeff2 wrote: »

Of topic, but there is also a boat tracker site that I don't remember the name of.
    https://www.marinetraffic.com/

Though I suspect as a sailor, HH knows this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Government jet has been undergoing maintenance so presumably post maintenance flight as said above

Remind me wrote: »
    Government jet has been undergoing maintenance so presumably post maintenance flight as said above
    Indeed. Forgot to add in my original post 258 was at Biggin Hill for 2 weeks and only returned yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jeff2 wrote: »

Oh I'm a regular on there, believe me! Between the two I can lose entire evenings to watching dots on a screen :D

And yes, I'd noticed a lot of private planes around when I saw the govt jet, didn't want to blitz the thread with silly questions though!

faoiarvok wrote: »
    Total guess: perhaps an air ambulance/medical transfer flight that got stood down.

It was the flight over to Wales, turn around, and then multiple laps of what looked like a holding pattern that I wondered about. Given that the jet lives in Baldonnel (I think, anyway), there should be no need for holds like that.

The post-maintenance flight sounds like a reasonable explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Neworder79

"Jet Management 028" long time in hold at EIKN. Looks like NOTAM ILS 26 unservicable due to the runway upgrade.

Screenshot-2019-05-29-at-13-36-14.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Cordell

A https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_C-17_Globemaster_III just landed in Shannon, quite a sight to be seen and surprisingly quiet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement