Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

TheSkunk wrote: »
    I nearly puked with excitement. F**K YES!!!!!

Shhhhhhh

7Zf.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

After the death of one of their own, the monsters rallied themselves for the impending battle.

Barney92 was outside for a quick smoke, it would prove to be his last. He was set upon from behind and taken down with a blow to the head. But the torture would not end there.

He woke up chained to a table, in some grotty basement in a derelict building on the outskirts of Boardstown. As he tried to come to his senses, he noticed a disfigured face smirking at him:

giphy.gif

Barney was exsanguinated first, drained of his blood as the psychopaths stored it for another wicked purpose. His white corpse was then disembowelled and left hanging from a tree outside his home for the others to discover in the morning.

Barney92 has been killed.

He was.....

giphy.gif

An FBI Trainee (NRV)

POSTING CAN NOW RECOMMENCE.

Reminder that there is a 100 post limit in effect until 7pm tomorrow.

Lynch Sunday night at 9pm.

Lynch form is open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I think the two people we should be looking at now are fixxxer and duffman, in that order

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

RIP Barney :(

That was the longest 12 hours of my life!

• Advertisement

I think the two people we should be looking at now are fixxxer and duffman, in that order

Reasoning?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Guys, great work last nite, that was pulled out of the bag. IMO we now have five lock clear villagers. I proposed that you five form a Lynch committee and decide who should be voted for each Lynch. Shut down communication with the rest of the players essentially. Basically any of us could be a wolf, wolves will be trying to push you guys in directions they want. Come to your decision independently and the five of you vote as a block.
    Any of the remaining players who are village should be prepared to vote with you guys. That’s what I’m pledging to do. I’ll vote whatever way you tell me. I realise that at some stage that vote might be for myself but this strategy is for the greater good of the town.
    Obviously the wolves are going to pick you guys off but I think if you have enough people like me who will back up yer decision then we’ll definitely get the wolves.

A question that’ll come up is what if there’s a wolf in that group? That’s ok too. It’s unlikely that there’s a wolf in the group IMO, there were other options for lynching, it would make no sense but even if there is one, the common sense strategy for the wolves is to start eating into this group so we get 3/4 lynches before we have to consider a strategy to counteract that.

What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Im really surprised they didn’t munch one of you five

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Okay, I'm still alive, gimme a few mins to fire up machine a fire up my prewritten, the more sleep

Green&Red wrote: »
    Guys, great work last nite, that was pulled out of the bag. IMO we now have five lock clear villagers. I proposed that you five form a Lynch committee and decide who should be voted for each Lynch. Shut down communication with the rest of the players essentially. Basically any of us could be a wolf, wolves will be trying to push you guys in directions they want. Come to your decision independently and the five of you vote as a block.
    Any of the remaining players who are village should be prepared to vote with you guys. That’s what I’m pledging to do. I’ll vote whatever way you tell me. I realise that at some stage that vote might be for myself but this strategy is for the greater good of the town.
    Obviously the wolves are going to pick you guys off but I think if you have enough people like me who will back up yer decision then we’ll definitely get the wolves.

A question that’ll come up is what if there’s a wolf in that group? That’s ok too. It’s unlikely that there’s a wolf in the group IMO, there were other options for lynching, it would make no sense but even if there is one, the common sense strategy for the wolves is to start eating into this group so we get 3/4 lynches before we have to consider a strategy to counteract that.

What do ye think?

This is interesting. I'd like to get at least 5 other perspectives on this from people outside of the 5 you're talking about.

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    Reasoning?

Duffman doesn’t speak yet votes but is not vital.

Fixxxer on the other hand, quite quiet through yesterday only to become overtly vocal when people wanted to move from strawberry to digital, over the the top imo and I suspected anyway throughout.

I could be wrong but I want fixxxer as the next vote.

Plus as well Barney wanted fixxxer and well, I was right about digital when people said he was ok. Far too suspicious.

Player Name |No. of Votes |Voters
    Digital Solitude |5| quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk
    crosstownk |4| Clarabel, sKeith, Kolido, Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake |4| Green&Red, fixxxer, Bounty Hunter,Ectoplasm
    fixxxer |2| Strawberry Milkshake, duffman13, Barney92
    Bounty Hunter |1| Digital Solitude
    Kolido |1| crosstownk
    Did Not Vote |2| Loughc, Succubus_

Village lean
    Tusk - would green this
    Skunk
    Keith - this is lock village
    QB - tentative..
    Pter
    Barney - tentative..

Neutral read elsewhere, will expand these when I have a chance to think about the game

First name in the list
    don't like the after posters, its the rules, why did u two post after the results were given?
    Who's the surefire wolf next lynch? G&R?[/colour] He's been pretty villagery today imo
    his EOD2 has we worried here...
    Ah will ya give over sure I've to post at some stage don't I?
    yeah, still tentative..
    I'm here to play, if you want to root out the low posters CTK is a better option given he's not posting at all
    would nearly green check ctk here.. nearly, another tentative as still voting and no posting. Whats the game plan?
    How did Kolido get wrapped into a race against Strawbs? It seems weird that the accused and who they're accusing were chosen

soft defense on kolido here.
    You think one of the pair is evil, guaranteed?
    this reminds me of dandys if straw is good, gnr is bad. i dont think it means much..

dubandy was on digi, if it wasnt for pter and skunk after posting, this could be the bus.
    There's a serious amount of votes on Strawbs, are all of ye suspect of her or just rolling with GnR?
    are we giving straw a green card yet?
    Any reason? There's sfa in her posts from what I recall, nothing stood out today
    still tentative on barney..

This was a great day.....

lost of info now its 15 v 2

only 2 wolves left.

btw, absolutely loved the dirt gnr was throwing at me in twilight, there is a chance i might be around for another day due to it.

I dont know if it was serious or cover for a pal.

if it was cover for a pal, then congrats, you are really advancing as a player, if it was serious, it was a really weak case.

this is a prewritten post. I'll amend usisg munch data as soon as i am awake.

What a result.

RIP Barney :(

I don’t think we could have asked for a better cross section of votes than what we got last night. I agree with Green, those on digi are pretty much clear in my book. If any others have doubts about that, just look at the vote history throughout the day or the list that includes reads that ecto provided.

Kolido definitely has to be looked into further after last nights switching.
    Fixxxer and triceratops would be suspicious to me too.
    Bounty - was digital bluffing or double bluffing with that vote?

Last night on here is why I love this game so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Great job getting Digi lads. I am still not sure that Strawbs isn't a wolf though. I didn't like how composed she was about apparently being up for the chop. I also didn't like the fact that the first night there was very little movement around lynch time yet last night it went a bit chaotic. Brilliant that we got a wolf out of it but if I am right I would guess that when Digi's name started to crop up the decision was made to bus him over Strawbs.

That said, I am going to try to take off the blinkers and look for other candidates.

sKeith wrote: »
    Player Name |No. of Votes |Voters
    Digital Solitude |5| quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk
    crosstownk |4| Clarabel, sKeith, Kolido, Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake |4| Green&Red, fixxxer, Bounty Hunter,Ectoplasm
    fixxxer |2| Strawberry Milkshake, duffman13, Barney92
    Bounty Hunter |1| Digital Solitude
    Kolido |1| crosstownk
    Did Not Vote |2| Loughc, Succubus_

don't like the after posters, its the rules, why did u two post after the results were given?

his EOD2 has we worried here...

yeah, still tentative..

would nearly green check ctk here.. nearly, another tentative as still voting and no posting. Whats the game plan?

soft defense on kolido here.

this reminds me of dandys if straw is good, gnr is bad. i dont think it means much..

dubandy was on digi, if it wasnt for pter and skunk after posting, this could be the bus.

are we giving straw a green card yet?

still tentative on barney..

This was a great day.....

lost of info now its 15 v 2

only 2 wolves left.

btw, absolutely loved the dirt gnr was throwing at me in twilight, there is a chance i might be around for another day due to it.

I dont know if it was serious or cover for a pal.

if it was cover for a pal, then congrats, you are really advancing as a player, if it was serious, it was a really weak case.

this is a prewritten post. I'll amend usisg munch data as soon as i am awake.

Good points

Yes any last words to help the village people? haha lol, village people.

Point of concern...

Last night those on the chopping block were asked multiple times for last words to help the village. From what I can see, not one tried to give useful calls to help us out after the much.

Obviously digi got whacked wolf, so that's expected.

Strawbs however was the most likely candidate for the last hour, and while she liked the above post, didn't add any further comments on what should be investigated should she be lynched...

Setting off my dodgy alarm.

Point of concern...

Last night those on the chopping block were asked multiple times for last words to help the village. From what I can see, not one tried to give useful calls to help us out after the much.

Strawbs however was the most likely candidate for the last hour, and while she liked the above post, didn't add any further comments on what should be investigated should she be lynched...

I think she is village but in the interests of discussion she didn’t go on digital when that was her best way of staying alive which did confuse me last night

This 100 post limit is it the entire game or between each munch/ Lynch?

who|posts|percentage
    sKeith|290|17.18%
    Pter|199|11.79%
    Strawberry Milkshake|137|8.12%
    quickbeam|112|6.64%
    Dublinandy2|107|6.34%
    Green&Red|97|5.75%
    tusk|92|5.45%
    Ectoplasm|88|5.21%
    Kolido|85|5.04%
    Barney92|72|4.27%
    fixxxer|63|3.73%
    TheSkunk|61|3.61%
    Bounty Hunter|56|3.32%
    Clarabel|56|3.32%
    Triceratops Ballet|38|2.25%
    Necro|37|2.19%
    kitten_k|32|1.90%
    tritium|21|1.24%
    duffman13|12|0.71%
    Digital Solitude|11|0.65%
    Whiplashy|8|0.47%
    sullivlo|6|0.36%
    Succubus_|4|0.24%
    Loughc|2|0.12%
    crosstownk|2|0.12%

pretty sure it's per cycle.

Point of concern...

If strawberry was a wolf, why wasn't she on digi?
    That imo would be the best place to be for villa cred.

• Advertisement

Both fair points Dandy and SK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

My god that felt so good!!!! I got far too into it though and was punching the air with excitement :o

Went back to yesterday morning and took notes as I couldn’t read properly at the time. So Pter actually came up with idea to kill low level posters. Votes Digi but moved his vote a few other times before coming back. Argued he wanted to take out the ones at risk of modkill. Was he trying to save Digi then? SK pointed out it gave wolves control of game for two days to take out potential modkills. Pter says I ****ing told you! When Digi flipped but he was actually against voting that way and never gave a case as to why vote Digi.

Andy actually called Pter out as being wolfy for this and linked him with G&R and possibly Digi(good spot Andy!!)

G&R started bandwagon on Strawbs, fought with tooth and nail and thought was a sure fire thing when he left. Went mad when he came back and started accusing SK of saving Strawbs by swaying the vote but I voted because I agreed with and trusted Andy and QBs judgement who had both been open about it.

Don’t know what to think, there were a strange few posts from the three of them yesterday when you look back.

RIP Barney!!!

Clarification: The 100 post limit is for the 33 hrs between munch announcement and the 7pm cut off 2hrs prior to the lynch each day phase.

Mods have a record of the starting tally of each player and would ask that players do not breach same.

Your assistance in this endeavor is much appreciated.

If we also green barney in my table, and look at straw wagon, there is likely a wolf in gnr v fixxxer.

SK your table with colours has fixxxer on 2, should be 3, but I can't quote it to update.

Necro wrote: »
    Clarification: The 100 post limit is for the 33 hrs between munch announcement and the 7pm cut off 2hrs prior to the lynch each day phase.

Mods have a record of the starting tally of each player and would ask that players do not breach same.

Your assistance in this endeavor is much appreciated.

To other players, I've been making a point of posting a. Post as close to EOD to help keep track, find the court add any extra ones before close, that's your start count, then add 100 and keep an eye you' re not too close every now and then during the day.

If we also green barney in my table, and look at straw wagon, there is likely a wolf in gnr v fixxxer.

Or possibly both.

Again last night, as soon as fixxxer started bitching I thought, you’re next. Was uncalled for and poor acting.

Let’s just be methodical about this and discuss each person ,alphabetically, including ourselves. One or two posts on each then we can easily collate after and discuss as a whole and will also give people the chance to argue their case.

SK your table with colours has fixxxer on 2, should be 3, but I can't quote it to update.

Odd, that's the official table.

Grr, its been edited since.. So you have to take my word for it.. I'll repost AF proper later with barney green and 2 fixed to 3

• Advertisement

I expect to be afk for most of the day today guys. As fun as it was and as exciting as it was to correctly lynch Digi, yesterday broke me.

Will try to catch up at least once or twice throughout the day.

Advertisement