Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

sKeith wrote: »
    If we also green barney in my table, and look at straw wagon, there is likely a wolf in gnr v fixxxer.

This is wrong. Mixed up Barney and bounty....

Really should wait until I wake up before posting...

I think you’re gonna have to lynch me at some point to move on with the doubts. Is it best to get that over and done with at the next lynch?

I’m on phone and out and about today but could someone take a look at the possibility of a fixxxer / triceratops double act? Fixxxer was well pissed off that votes were going off me. Triceratops was defending Fixxxer last night too.

What’s do yous think of the way Kolido was voting last night? Was he trying to bump numbers up to save digi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I think you’re gonna have to lynch me at some point to move on with the doubts. Is it best to get that over and done with at the next lynch?

I’m on phone and out and about today but could someone take a look at the possibility of a fixxxer / triceratops double act? Fixxxer was well pissed off that votes were going off me. Triceratops was defending Fixxxer last night too.

What’s do yous think of the way Kolido was voting last night? Was he trying to bump numbers up to save digi?

I could be wrong but I think Kolido is a follower. I don’t want to vote for you and I won’t. While there are 2 wolves left I’d rather chase unknowns. If you’re a wolf you’ll still be one when we catch the other wolf then we can give you a proper look. We have to look for indicators and there are a few people ahead of you, even tusk imo

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Morning guys. What a result.

Apologies to the mods for my lapse in memory regarding not posting after 10.

The i told you so was with regards to there being a wolf in the low posters. There was and im delighted with that. There was movement and wobbles from me in terms of who to vote for, and our prekill the modkill thing is now redundant, but i was first to vote him and make him genie, and I stuck on him from 4pm yesterday. Doesn't clear me by any means and I can see at least one person bussing digi in the 5 that voted for him, but in happy with my part in getting him lynched and stand by it.

Was good vote in terms of analysis as well, so will try to get that done today. Probably later tonight.

Pre analysis ffa based off gut

Fixxxer
    Strawbs
    Bounty

This could change depending on analysis though. Posting as reference point for questions later.

I'm so smugly delighted about successfully killing a low posting wolf. I don't think it happens often because we let low posters away with murder more often than not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

I could be wrong but I think Kolido is a follower. I don’t want to vote for you and I won’t. While there are 2 wolves left I’d rather chase unknowns. If you’re a wolf you’ll still be one when we catch the other wolf then we can give you a proper look. We have to look for indicators and there are a few people ahead of you, even tusk imo

I’ll write up a few bits from my notes when on the bus to work. Andy can I just ask why Tusk? From my POV his vote was the deciding factor on killing a wolf, well done btw Tusk! It wasn’t like he joined a sinking ship as there was still time for someone to get the last vote in to decide over a draw.

TheSkunk wrote:
    I’ll write up a few bits from my notes when on the bus to work. Andy can I just ask why Tusk? From my POV his vote was the deciding factor on killing a wolf, well done btw Tusk! It wasn’t like he joined a sinking ship as there was still time for someone to get the last vote in to decide over a draw.

Play devils advocate and ask yourself if there is any scenario that he does that as a wolf. In a game where noone is going to be cleared until they die that's what you need to be asking yourself and posting, not putting out open questions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Was at parkrun at 10am, dying to post, but couldn't. Had a sneaky look to see who got munched (I was volunteering). Home now and here's my thoughts. All of this is from memory, or gut. I plan on doing some ISOing today, or at least before next lynch to come up with some better reasoning.

Barney - dead villager, why did the wolves munch him? High on most people's villager reads? Voted Fixxxer both lynches. RIP dude!

Bounty Hunter - voted Strawbs both nights. Definitely not a wolf if she isn't, and she's definitely not a wolf if he is. Digi-wolf voted for him in his last lynch. What does that tell us? A bluff, or a double-bluff?

Clarabel - very neutral read from her. Voted Cross both nights. A safe vote, the first night at least.

Cross - highly sus. 2 posts but two votes, for Kolido both times. But we caught Digi-wolf by looking in low posters. Would two really be playing the same tactics? Not beyond the realms of possibility.

Digi - dead wolf! Voted Barney (Villager) and Bounty (unknown) in his two lynches. 11 posts. I would have switched off him on to Fixxxer except for sK's confusion over changing to Cross. So glad I didn't!

Dandy - villager based off his two lynch votes. Too many beers last night means I've forgotten why his vote on Pter first lynch proved him to be a villager, so I'll have to read back, but being third to vote on Digi, an hour before lynch seems good enough to me.

Duffman - voted Dandy and fixxxer. 12 posts. Voted for by Triceratops in the first lynch.

Ecto - voted Kitten in first lynch. I don't rule out the possibility that a wolf could be in that group and still munched one of the group (Trit), but I don't think it's Ecto. Voted Strawbs in second lynch.

Fixxxer - voted GnR first and Strawbs second. Pleaded his case well when he was at risk of being lynched, but wolves can do that too.

GnR - voted Dandy and Strawbs. Made strong case for Strawbs. Definitely not both wolves.

kitten - lynched villager, voted sK.

Kolido - voted Lough (wasted vote) and Cross.

Lough - modkilled villager

Pter - first to vote for Digi, then moved to Cross and ended up second on the final vote for Digi, five hours before lynch. Gotta be Village.

quickbeam - voted Digi nearly 7 hours before lynch. Was more of an encouragement for Digi to post than anything, so I got lucky here, but delighted it hit home! Villager.

sKeith - why is he still alive? A wolf? Or wolves keeping him alive so we'll think he's a wolf? Voted Kitten, then Cross. Tried to get people to vote away from Digi. Possibly to save Strawbs, but surely he'd call on people to vote away from Strawbs in that case? Maybe he didn't think he could persuade those as some like GnR were too firmly on her. But then caused confusion about whether to go for Fixxxer or Cross. If he'd been consistent I know I'd have moved to Fixxxer and his tactic would have saved a wolf. Did he screw up in trying to save Digi? Urgh!

Strawbs - was pretty firmly in the village camp with her. Somebody this morning asked why the wolves didn't munch in the Digi voters. As first voter I'd have been prime target. I'm starting to wonder if they kept me because I've been supporting Strawbs. Definitely need to read back and reassess her. Another Urgh!

Succy - modkilled villager

Skunk - voted sK first and Digi second. Voted with 12 minutes to go. I'd be less inclined to clear her and Tusk for voting Digi. I mean, it's probable that she's a Villager based on her vote, but a last minute vote to bus a teammate in a calculated risk might be possible.

Triceratops - voted Duffman and Cross. Says she's busy. Did seem genuine in needing help deciding who to vote for last night. If a wolf, would her teammates not have helped her? Hopefully she can contribute over the weekend and I can make a judgement on her then.

Trit - dead villager, voted Kitten.

Tusk - voted Skunk first, and Digi second. Voted with 10 minutes to go. Same as with Skunk, I'll be tentatively watching him as it doesn't clear him completely.

Whippy - dead villager

don't like the after posters, its the rules, why did u two post after the results were given?

Also, totally agree with this. You didn't need to wait for Necro to actually say "closed for the night". There should have been no posting after 10pm. As much as I was dying to post myself, I expressed my emotion by the thanks button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Hello from Newcastle.

On the metro, still on phone. My thoughts last night were Strawbs and SK are the wolves. I didn't like the panic of making sure Digi wasn't voted for.
    So now what if he's

• Advertisement

So what if he's a low poster. That didn't give me good enough reason for the panic to move votes away from him.

I buy strawbs saying she tried me as a bandwagon to save her arse. I'd do the same.

I'm still convinced wolves would vote for each other. I need to go take a photo of who voted and come back to get my names right.

I'll likely be back when I'm at the airport tomorrow evening.

Pter wrote: »
    Morning guys. What a result.

Apologies to the mods for my lapse in memory regarding not posting after 10.

The i told you so was with regards to there being a wolf in the low posters. There was and im delighted with that. There was movement and wobbles from me in terms of who to vote for, and our prekill the modkill thing is now redundant, but i was first to vote him and make him genie, and I stuck on him from 4pm yesterday. Doesn't clear me by any means and I can see at least one person bussing digi in the 5 that voted for him, but in happy with my part in getting him lynched and stand by it.

Was good vote in terms of analysis as well, so will try to get that done today. Probably later tonight.

Pre analysis ffa based off gut

Fixxxer
    Strawbs
    Bounty

This could change depending on analysis though. Posting as reference point for questions later.

If you are villa, stop lying. I was first on digi, you voted me.

If you lie as a villager it does not help me see you as villager.

Player Name |No. of Votes |Voters
    Digital Solitude |5| quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk
    crosstownk |4| Clarabel, sKeith, Kolido, Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake |4| Green&Red, fixxxer, Bounty Hunter,Ectoplasm
    fixxxer |2| Strawberry Milkshake, duffman13, Barney92
    Bounty Hunter |1| Digital Solitude
    Kolido |1| crosstownk
    Did Not Vote |2| Loughc, Succubus_

Read this on the phone at parkrun and didn't realise it was coloured until later. Remind me, why is Ecto green?

Might be useful. Here's everyone who voted for Digi. Unbolded came off him and the time they came off him and who they went on to are included too. Bolded are the final five who voted for him.

Thursday
    12:15 Keith submits vote for digital

Friday
    09:04 Pter puts vote on digital
    09:54 Pter moves vote to crosstownk
    14:15 QB votes digital
    16:01 Pter says he’s voting digital
    16:25 Keith votes fixxxer
    17:47 QB mentions her vote is on digi
    20:02 Andy votes for digital
    20:18 strawberry votes digital
    20:27 strawberry votes fixxxer
    20:48 skunk sticks with digital
    20:50 tusk votes digital

20:58 Andy confirms he’s on digi

sKeith wrote:
    If you are villa, stop lying. I was first on digi, you voted me.

I'm talking about yesterday day, not day phase Keith. Your pedantry on this is a sweet elixir to me.

If you wanted credit, you should have stayed on him or gone back on him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Saturday probably would have been the day i'd be more active again but the 12hr delay to post meant I had time to have a good look at the lynch last night at least. Have to catch up on whats been said post Lynch reveal but this is where I'm at:

quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk

All just voted and lynched Hannibal Lecter when he had not been the vote leader early on. I can't think why Wolves would vote out Lector when they didn't have to. They could have easily justified going for Strawbs for example and just point at what G&R said.

Not saying it's my new village core but all but Pter were people I was leaning village on anyway so now i'd be hoping for them to lead a bit direction wise.

DAndy in particular appearing there affirms what I thought from last lynch when he didn't vote to save himself which a wolf probably would have. The Skunk and Pter jumping in with their reactions post lynch seemed genuine too but can't read too much into thatbut DAndy & tusk thanked them so probably agree

Speaking of direction, people jumping about last minute seemingly to save someone but not jumping onto Lector stands out. sKeith for the 2nd night (after jumping late on Kitten) is the obvious one. He voted for someone who had not been leading the vote count and someone who did not get revealed as Lector with his jump.

Lector seemingly voted for me. I know that could be twisted a few ways but I find it odd as I was not on him. Actually I wasn't even online when he was posting. Throwing some random shade im guessing.

reads:

Most Villagery - quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk
    All voted to kill Lector when I don't think a wolf would have needed to.

Village lean: G&R
    G&R has put forward an arguement that perhaps pockets me somewhat by echoing my own reasons for voting Strawbs N1 but I don't see any flaws in his logic unless she flips good. Then he might not be village lean.

Not as suspicious of: Ecto
    The ony thing I have in mind for him is that he was 1 of only 2 who lynched a goodie (Kitten) that wasn't munched, SK being the other.

Fixxer I feel like I'd have to go back and cross reference who was suspicious of him because a few have been but i've spotted nothing.

Crosstwonk: don't know CT, hadn't focussed on CT to be honest but enough others did at the end for 4 votes. I don't have very positive read on all of them at the moment though so again I feel CT isn't a major worry based soley off a tie for 2nd most voted.

Wouldn't be shocked if wolf:

We now have 1 less wolf so really there are not going to be many more wolves but based on the info from the votes and what they have posted on thread i'd not be shocked if Kolido, Clara, TB, Duff or even Barney flipping wolf. Most likely for me though it would be alongside my stronger suspicions

Leaning wolf:
    sKeith:
    deserves his own section and as I said before I've flipped on him a few times as his play does not seem like a wolf but his actions are ones that always justify him in FFAs for me. Strawbs: Nothing changed since I voted for Strawbs, except I am suspicious of the people who jumped off her to not vote for Lector. Strawbs herself did not vote for Lector

Let's now add who was munched into the equation because at time of writing this I had not seen that yet but for example one of the 5 lector voters is killed that strenghtens that potential core in terms of me believing they are good. If someone after Strawbs is killed that might indicate the wolves want to switch focus. sKeith will avoid being Munched anyway cos he can claim he is being left as a potential mislynch despite not a single person voting for him.
    I doubt they would munch anyone who is high in the votes unless they were on their trail.

If they focused on who was stated as voting for them in advance i'd imagine one of the Digi voters might get munched. Will not be surprised at all to see that the following are alive after the munch - Strawbs, Crosstwonk, sKeith, Fixxer,

quickbeam wrote: »
    Pter - first to vote for Digi, then moved to Cross and ended up second on the final vote for Digi, five hours before lynch. Gotta be Village.

Same narrative as pter. Hmm

sKeith wrote:

Begs the question Keith, since you endorsed the plan to vote for a low poster not going to be modkilled, and were looking for someone to move your vote onto nearer lynch time, why didn't you move onto digi?

sKeith wrote:

This is an extremely weak argument.

The 'narrative' is that I voted for digi. I did. Before crunch time.

So did QB.

Why didn't you?

Barney being the one munched does not alter my above opinions really, he is probably someone they thought we would get the least info from being munched

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be shocked if wolf:

We now have 1 less wolf so really there are not going to be many more wolves but based on the info from the votes and what they have posted on thread i'd not be shocked if Kolido, Clara, TB, Duff or even Barney flipping wolf. Most likely for me though it would be alongside my stronger suspicions

Pretty sure we can trust Barney :P

I was looking at Thursday's declarations. Per 1755 above, yes, you were the first to vote Digi, but then moved off.

Barney - Voted Fixxxer both lynches. Suspect. rIp

Bounty Hunter - village lean

Clarabel - chatty wolf or a busy gal? Lock clear.
    I get I'm coming across as neutral but I am trying.

Cross - voted as a shot in the dark first time but deliberate second. I'm still suspect. kolido both times. Is it really unlikely he's a wolf too. Can't understand even as a wolf why he wouldn't post and plead his case.

Qb - parkrun enjoy. By my rules is village

Dandy - villager but not convinced

Duffman - no opinion

Ecto - no opinion

Fixxxer - null to wolf

GnR - village lean

Kolido -has always been on my suspect back pocket but I really am very unsure. I want him to be village.

Pter - village

sKeith - hmmm. He's definitely one or the other. :):(. I flip so much on him. Makes me feel like someone said last night. There's always panic when we kill a wolf. Actually who said that, that has to give them village points.

Strawbs - cries. Can I keep quiet on this one?

Succy

Skunk - I have confirmation bias here. Wolf, but I'm fairly sure it's confirmation bias.

Triceratops - no opinion

Trit - dead

Tusk - no opinion

Whippy - dead

Read this on the phone at parkrun and didn't realise it was coloured until later. Remind me, why is Ecto green?

The wolves made a mistake and munched into the kitten wagon. In my mind clearing ecto.

Pretty sure we can trust Barney :P

Ha, as said that was written after the lynch result but then I had a busy day while you guys slept and I could not post. Just got home posted it and then quickly posted the bit about Barney.

For me it is one of Strawbs and sKeith plus 1 (they other of those 2 or Kolido, Clara, TB or Duff) most likely for the Wolf roles. Could be wrong but my logic as to why are in that first post of mine several posts up from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Good result, do you think we have a full town house in the digi5?

Defo not 2 wolves there, could have saved him by jumping without raising too much suspicion. Possibly 1, but even 4 from 5, thats a good core to follow.

Whats cross playing at, not posting and voting. That is not village play. Could easily pop in to say hi, Im busy but I'll catch up. Wolves cant really afford to be modkilled, so they still vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

So far and this will change probably but having seen interactions my votes are now:

Fixxxer
    SKeith
    Pter

SKeith creeps in because she’s doubting qb. I see your argument on Pter, he didn’t want to vote digi and got super offended when people would agree to vote for one of the non voters so yeah, he could be but then trying to lump Qb in when all he s doing is borrowing from another’s post, no sorry, hat looks suspicious

I’m not calling you a wolf sk, just throwing my current thoughts that’s all

Pter wrote: »
    I'm talking about yesterday day, not day phase Keith. Your pedantry on this is a sweet elixir to me.

If you wanted credit, you should have stayed on him or gone back on him.

I don't want credit, just pointing out the lie. The same lie that qb said. Its plain as day in the later post she posts.

Kolido wrote: »
    Good result, do you think we have a full town house in the digi5?

Not going to say they are confirmed but I do think so

I said this about them in my longer post above
    All just voted and lynched Hannibal Lecter when he had not been the vote leader early on. I can't think why Wolves would vote out Lector when they didn't have to. They could have easily justified going for Strawbs for example and just point at what G&R said.

Not saying it's my new village core but all but Pter were people I was leaning village on anyway so now i'd be hoping for them to lead a bit direction wise.

So should probably hold my hands up to Pter cos I was niggling him yesterday, putting him on my FFA

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote:
    I don't want credit, just pointing out the lie. The same lie that qb said. Its plain as day in the later post she posts.

If you don't want to accept I was talking about yesterday, Friday, then there isn't much more I can say on that.

Why didn't you move onto digi.

Advertisement