Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote:
    Your post said you thought me and straw were wolves. If that was the case, last night digi and staw were two wolf wagons. Its your theory and I have to explain it to you.

Ooh spicy and salty. You two make a great spice bag.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sKeith wrote: »
    Digi and strawbs.

Your post said you thought me and straw were wolves.
    If that was the case, last night digi and staw were two wolf wagons.
    Its your theory and I have to explain it to you.

Your choosing to highlight that for some reason but yes.

Strawbs was the clear front runner but then people inc yourself started changing votes and she survived.

Digi was killed. Digi was bad but even with you like others changed votes leading to a bad death my current two wolf suspects, yourself and Strawbs weren't among the Digi votes. Nor the strawbs votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

so, the undeniable facts.
    Player Name | No. of Votes | Voters
    Digital Solitude | 5 | quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk
    crosstownk | 4 | Clarabel, sKeith, Kolido, Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake | 4 | Green&Red, fixxxer, Bounty Hunter,Ectoplasm
    fixxxer | 3| Strawberry Milkshake, duffman13, Barney92
    Bounty Hunter | 1| Digital Solitude
    Kolido |1| crosstownk

sKeith - Who do you think are wolves right now? and why don't you think Strawbs is one?

Do you think the 5 who voted for and lynched Lector are village?

Your choosing to highlight that for some reason but yes.

Strawbs was the clear front runner but then people inc yourself started changing votes and she survived.

Digi was killed. Digi was bad but even with you like others changed votes leading to a bad death my current two wolf suspects, yourself and Strawbs weren't among the Digi votes. Nor the strawbs votes.

Why would a villager vote for themselves?

• Advertisement

Why would a villager vote for themselves?

again choosing to highlight an odd part of what's said.

The bit about not being on strawbs obviously only applies to you.

sKeith - Who do you think are wolves right now? and why don't you think Strawbs is one?

Do you think the 5 who voted for and lynched Lector are village?

I'm almost sure there is a busser in the digi votes.

[digi says in wolf room, buds, i'm really busy in RL and i dont have the time to play this proper, what you think of bussing me to get you some villa cred.] It was too easy.
    The argument was to vote out a low poster, someone who is not contributing, or to pressure them into contributing.

digi starts contributing, so I move on, that was the purpose of voting them.

but no, something wonky happens there.

If you are so sure digi wagoin is pure, then why didnt wolves make a dent in it?

it stinks.

btw stuff in brackets [] is my weird imagination, not actuall den talk, so mods can't punish me for that. :D

Thats what I do, highlight the wonky. stuff that doesn't make sense.

So your question is really why wasn't I on digi or strawbs.

I have answered this already, but if you want the broken record stuff,

I wasn't on strawbs because i think she is villa, the only taint I have is her shift away from kitten and not onto fixxxer. If she joined me on fixxxer, she would be top villa, after ecto.

I wasnt on digi because he was finnally active. There was still non active low posters. Cross, which is where i ended.

I posted all of digis posts, or if i only posted some it was because there was nothing of relevance in the ones i didn't post.

I don't see the case on him tbh. And this is after he flipped wolf.

I'm almost sure there is a busser in the digi votes.

[digi says in wolf room, buds, i'm really busy in RL and i dont have the time to play this proper, what you think of bussing me to get you some villa cred.] It was too easy.
    The argument was to vote out a low poster, someone who is not contributing, or to pressure them into contributing.

digi starts contributing, so I move on, that was the purpose of voting them.

but no, something wonky happens there.

If you are so sure digi wagoin is pure, then why didnt wolves make a dent in it?

it stinks.

btw stuff in brackets [] is my weird imagination, not actuall den talk, so mods can't punish me for that. :D

So Strawbs is what in your leans? Cos that answer had neither who you think are wolves or mention of her in it and that was the question.

I'll answer yours though, I don't think Wolves would choose to help kill Lector when he was not the frontrunner.

Instead they would jump on the other biggest wagons but maybe not together. If Strawbs is a wolf the other 2 wagons were CT (4 votes) and Fixxer (3 votes) whom you and Strawbs voted on.

• Advertisement

I'll answer yours though, I don't think Wolves would choose to help kill Lector when he was not the frontrunner.

But you didn't answer.
    You said you would answer but you didn't

If you believe the digi wagon is pure .... (statement of your belief)
    Then .. Why did the wolves not munch from the pure wagon of 5 ??

You just reinforced your belief, not answer the question.

Look, I derp cleared you for over night wrinting about barney wolf, even though the wolves planned to kill barney. I don't think the wolves would fake that...
    So work with me here, not against me.

[/B]
    But you didn't answer.
    You said you would answer but you didn't

If you believe the digi wagon is pure .... (statement of your belief)
    Then .. Why did the wolves not munch from the pure wagon of 5 ??

You just reinforced your belief, not answer the question.

Look, I derp cleared you for over night wrinting about barney wolf, even though the wolves planned to kill barney. I don't think the wolves would fake that...
    So work with me here, not against me.

I'd like if you were working with me too but somehow I feel we are on different teams. Say who you think are wolves, put them under the spotlight, don't just try to poke holes in others doing the same and help out potential wolves.

I said previously when I first saw Barney was killed that I'd say he was killed as he would give us less info than most other options. Kill one of the 5 and they become an even more clear core of villagers for example. As is though people like you have an easier time questioning them.

I'd like if you were working with me too but somehow I feel we are on different teams. Say who you think are wolves, put them under the spotlight, don't just try to poke holes in others doing the same and help out potential wolves.

I said previously when I first saw Barney was killed that I'd say he was killed as he would give us less info than most other options. Kill one of the 5 and they become an even more clear core of villagers for example. As is though people like you have an easier time questioning them.
    I think its at least 1 in 5
    don't think they risk 2 in 5

someone who escaped the digi wagon late on maybe, i' do proper analysis after the f1 quallys are over. we avove 30 hours left until next lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

My notes. I'll say this, I understand why pocketing works because I feel quite bad posting this as sKeith has been so adamant that I am village (which I am) but I can't return the favour.

sKeith, can you read my notes on you and convince me I'm wrong?

Notes to Date Saturday Notes
    Barney92 NRV. Died munch 2. Voted Fixxxer in both lynches. Look back over Barney's reads.
    Bounty Hunter Voted Strawbs in both lynches. Also gif heavy. Suggested and did FFA. Slight village. Too chilled out? Having fun at least! Questioned sKeith. Did somewhat detailed reads list. Interesting reasoning on votes on Dandy. Did Sk or strawbs suspect Dandy at all? Don't agree with reads but slightly village. Reading village to me at the moment.
    Clarabel Voted Crosstownk in both lynches. Not much here - neutral for now. Asking questions. Newbie? Voted Duff yet FFAs 3 others. Updated FFA only has 2 names. Then says voted CTK. Shades Strawbs and Pter. Neutral to wolf.Need to iso here. Not getting much. Neutral for now. Voting CTK both times is odd. If going for low posters Digi was probably better chance of a lynch. Outlier wolf?
    crosstownk Voted Kolido in both lynches. 2 Posts - nothing. Still nada. No posts but did vote. Suspicious and yet can't quite believe that there would be 2 non posting wolves . Non posting but could just be village who can't play. Hold in reserve for now.
    Digital Solitude Wolf. Died lynch 2. Voted Barney lynch 1, BH lynch 2. Dead wolf. Shades CTK for non-posting. Questions why Strawbs and Kolido being proposed as a race. Soft defense of Strawbs.
    Dublinandy2 Voted Pter Lynch 1, Digi Lynch 2. Potentially lynch victim at 1st lynch but didn't vote to save himself. Unique posting style which I kind of like - need to be careful of that. Others very suspicious but I'm not seeing it. Closer look needed. Neutral-village. Think the Dandy/Skunk mutual support would be strange if wolfy but could be a pocket tactic? Do not like the quick switch from Pter is good to Pter is in my FFA. Interaction with Pter is defensive. One to watch Appears clear based on votes. V strange FFA. Read back. Can't believe he's not village
    Duffman13 Voted Dandy Lynch 1. Fixxer Lynch 2. Made an early read and no sign since munch. Neutral to wolf.Returned Weds lunchtimeish. Nothing further since then. Quiet wolf? Neutral as neutral can be. No read which makes me suspicious. Hasn't done anything pro-village so far. Be interested to see which way/whether he votes. I've SFA here and little to go on. Hopefully see more over the weekend.
    Ectoplasm Voted Kitten Lynch 1, Strawbs Lynch 2. Me. Village. Still villageVillage Useless village.
    fixxxer Voted GnR Lynch 1, Strawbs Lynch 2 Mostly gifs to start. Did a read back based on munch choice - smart wolf or active village? Lines up Trit as shady while suggesting Skunk more clear, team? Neutral to wolf for nowStruggling for a read here. FFA seems wishy washy on readback. Leaning wolf for now. Calling out Strawbs volunteering to die. Bit defensive with tusk. Still a bit shifty. Check how many FFAs fixxxer was on originally. He throws some shade at Trit and then Trit ends up dead - frame job?
    Green&Red Voted Dandy Lynch 1. Strawbs Lynch 2. Quick to go with SK being village. Why? Team? Focused on Dandy. Accuses others of throwing shade while throwing shade. Current top wolf suspect. Really didn't like the "I like how you play interaction" - here's my pocket jump on in OR hello teammate? Claims starting bandwagon on Dandy was to get info but BH actually asked if it was this or contents of post and GnR originally said it was a little of both. Stays wolfy. Seems more game solvey now. Doing homework. Double check this work. Goes hard at Strawbs but disappears close to lynch. Suggests sKeith/Strawbs team, something which I hinted at in my notes yesterday, but appears to completely row back on this this morning.
    kitten_k Died Lynch 1. Voted sKeith. *Also didn't vote to 'save' herself - Dandy was declared by 2? Suggested munches not useful - strange. Watch interplay with Strawbs. Neutral to wolf at the moment.Can't shake the feeling of wolf here. Only post of substance is FFA. Fact that she has G n R and sKeith on there feels a little bit bandwagony. Moving to first / second on my list. Possible vote here. RIP Kitten. Sorry but you looked dodgy to me. Kitten may have been right and now I'm really sorry I contributed to lynching her!
    Kolido Voted LoughC Lynch 1, CTK Lynch 2. *Both low posters, lough modkilled. Whiplash ID'd him as wolf and died but also said 1st munch be most telling of the game? Setting village up to read more into it than necessary? He'd be less likely to do this surely, unless double bluff. Back to neutral. Post about sKeith & Pter rings alarm bells though. Also says wolves less likely to throw shade due to no roles...eh? Soft defense of LoughC? Newbie likely a wolf. Definite wolf lean. Reading less wolfy today. Soft move to neutral. I need to have a look at Kolido's posts myself, ignoring anything that's been said.
    Loughc Modkill. Didn't vote 2 Posts - nothingNot a thing. Didn't vote, possible mod kill.
    Pter Voted Dandy Lynch 1, Digi Lynch 2. Mostly reacting to Skeith. Kind of disagree with him on Dandy but agree that there's likely a loud wolf. Slight village Getting mostly village from him but interaction with Dandy needs more scrutiny. Still village, just about. Interactions all read village to me. Can't see anything wolfy here. Could be comfy in his pocket? Have had Pter as village from start and sticking with that based on Digi lynch.
    quickbeam Voted Skunk Lynch 1, Digi Lynch 2 Not too much here to go on. Similar reaction to mine with Kitten's post. Neutral for now. Stays neutral for now. Posts about how they'd play as wolf seemed a bit wolfy to me. Stays neutral. Defended Strawbs quite a bit. Unlikely team at least. Voted Digi. Gotta say village.
    sKeith Voted kitten Lynch 1, CTK Lynch 2. Aggressive play - taking on leader role yet not munched - double/triple bluff? Not convinced he's village but not convinced he's wolf. Neutral for now. Leaning wolfier Can't warm to style this game. Always annoys me when other people think how they play is how everyone should play though so keep this in mind. Interactions with G n R and safelisting of same are interesting. Consistent and paying attention. Still neutral. Scares me a little this one. Moved onto kitten when Strawbs moves off and effectively ensures a kitten lynch BUT then Trit is munched. First thoughts are that he must be good. Tunnel alert here!Second thought has me conjuring a plot wherein by effectively 'clearing' me, he becomes cleared. Closer look needed when other reads are done. Strawbs effectively clears him for this - does she also clear me for same? Yes but with reservations. Skeith = Village for now. Finding a wolf would help me a lot. Has been loud and cage-rattling. Moving onto Kitten at the last minute confirmed her death and then munching into those three voters DOES seem unlikely. Essentially I'm clearing him for the same reason he is clearing me. That said, he is a good player who may be using the very unlikely nature of that action to hide. Also, shouldn't I look more suspicious at this stage? If I was another player I'd probably be more suss of me. Could this be an attempt to pocket? His play continues to bother me. GnR accuses Strawbs 13:22. Skeith posts response at 14:25 after GnR requests one #1304. Somewhat wishy -washy, essentially asks for more evidence. Notes that Digi wagon is leading shortly after. Says he's fence sitting re Strawbs. Is the one to ask Strawbs who to run against her. Accuses Pter of trying to kill the conversation around Strawbs v Kolido when Pter raises the plan to look at low posters again - while being aware that low-poster wolf Digi is in trouble. The timing of declaring a vote for fixxer yesterday came after 3 declared Strawbs. Has avoided answering direct questions a fair bit.
    Strawberry Milkshake Voted kolido Lynch 1, fixxer Lynch 2. Originally top suspect - reread post that bothered me so moved off top suspect spot. Slight wolf with Kitten possibly Voted for kitten who is now my top wolf. Jokes about being lynched and volunteers for lynch. Strange play. Doing work re votes. Back to neutral for now. Moving up my list. If wolf, changes off kitten (notably onto a non-wagon) so not to be challenged on lynching an NRV. Then munching one of those who did vote kitten to throw suspicion on the others who did maybe? Fixating on first people to post is odd but not necessarily lynch-worthy. Not sure but not comfortable with her as village at the moment. Didn't mount a strong defense to stay alive when things looked bad which I find odd as village. Suggests racing vs Kolido but votes fixxer - sure there was a wagon but why not choose Digi? Saving a fellow wolf? Hoping to get the numbers on fixxer?
    Succubus_ Modkill. Didn't vote Claimed suspect already - were they, check. Other than that, 2 posts - nothing. Possible quiet wolf here. Didn't vote, possible mod kill.
    TheSkunk Voted sKeith Lynch 1, Digi Lynch 2 Post about wolves going for someone who hasn't posted much is worth noting; who's been looking at Skunk? Kinda defends Andy - always makes me wary. Neutral to villageFrustration with sKeith seems believable. Seems to be looking for holes in his "Lock Clear" stuff which is good. Defending Dandy could be a familiarity thing? Working hard. Village lean for nowSoft defense of Strawbs raises flags but overall seems to be working hard so stays village lean for now. I've been fairly sure on Skunk as village from the start and for now, staying that way.
    Triceratops Ballet Voted duffman Lynch 1, CTK Lynch 2 Kind of with her on the whole 'lets call out low posters' bs. Neutral for now. Did some reads on people. Feels neutral to village for now. Defensive. Busy in work - RL happens but can also be an excuse. Needs a closer look. Hopefully can be more active over the weekend.
    tritium Voted kitten Lynch 1. Died Munch 2. Suspicious of Skunk. Mild shade at Barney. Notes GnR & DAndy's interaction. Agrees with me on G&R, yet I'm leaning slight wolf. Favours FFAs. Agrees re kitten. Leaning village today. Died via munch, NRV.
    tusk Voted Skunk Lynch 1, Digi Lynch 2 Type of villager post rang a bell - slight wolf Nothing strongly standing out. Neutral to village also. Suspects me. Is wrong. Asking questions though. Reads list in post 1216 strikes a dodgy note. Figure out why. Reads Digi as village after what, 3 posts??? Very flip floppy. Read Digi as good but voted for him. Keeping wolf suspicions open on this. ISO yesterday suggested they maybe tunnelling.
    Whiplashy Died Munch 1.

Ah I see I've killed the thread. Just to say if there is a wolf on the Digi bus Tusk would be my main suspect. And if that's the case, Clarabel would be my guess as wolf 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Can I ask the Village5 what they think of my plan? For the five of you to decide on who you're going to vote for and for others to agree in advance to go along with yer decision?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Can I ask the Village5 what they think of my plan? For the five of you to decide on who you're going to vote for and for others to agree in advance to go along with yer decision?

I'm leaning all five as good as we have so if they could come to a consensus I don't think I'd have a problem following suit. Could be difficult for them to all agree but if they all were good it'd be very hard / obvious if a wolf tried to get a wagon going to appose their vote choice.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ah I see I've killed the thread. Just to say if there is a wolf on the Digi bus Tusk would be my main suspect. And if that's the case, Clarabel would be my guess as wolf 2.

Don't think you killed the thread, think me and sKeith did that till our 1on1 ran its course. He never did say who he thought were wolves though. An evasive one is our SK

Don't think you killed the thread, think me and sKeith did that till our 1on1 ran its course. He never did say who he thought were wolves though. An evasive one is our SK

I said i was watching f1 qually. Q1 over , waiting on Q2 to start now.

@Ecto - I said yesterday I wouldn't be around after 5.30 and I haven't rolled back on the SKeith at all. If Strawbs is a wolf then its likely Keith is also. He created chaos yesterday and I've yet to see anything that is really trying to help the village. As someone else said he's poking holes in other arguments, as I said creating chaos, it smoke and mirrors. He'll have some glib response now but there's very little substance to his posts

• Advertisement

I think its at least 1 in 5
    don't think they risk 2 in 5

someone who escaped the digi wagon late on maybe, i' do proper analysis after the f1 quallys are over. we avove 30 hours left until next lynch.

now STFU bounty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Happy to do it, not sure all are village which might hamper the plan. Plus would be good for the rest to sense and still be able to veto possibly

@Ecto - I said yesterday I wouldn't be around after 5.30 and I haven't rolled back on the SKeith at all. If Strawbs is a wolf then its likely Keith is also. He created chaos yesterday and I've yet to see anything that is really trying to help the village. As someone else said he's poking holes in other arguments, as I said creating chaos, it smoke and mirrors. He'll have some glib response now but there's very little substance to his posts

Fair enough. I'm torn between being convinced he's good and convinced he's bad today. Like the one thing the chaos did get us was movement on votes and three pretty clear wagons which I reckon will be helpful later on. Imagine if everyone had wagoned on Strawbs and she flipped good. You'd be the prime candidate for next lynch and there wouldn't be too much info to be had.

And eating in to the wagon on Kitten is SUCH a strange play.

I'm having a 'mare of a game so I'm doubting my detective skills. I suspected both Trit and Kitten and both flipped good. :rolleyes:

Something I only just found out. Eye of the tiger is from Rocky 4. I always thought Rocky 1 or 2

now STFU bounty!

Chill Winston
    CautiousZealousHoiho-max-1mb.gif

Watching the Championship playoffs myself. Guess you can't say who you think are wolves without further analysis...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I don’t think we’re all lock clear. Pter and Dandy probably but not the rest. Not accusing them of wolf, just not saying they’re lock clear villager. Still, worst case 3/5 are village so if we could come to a majority decision and then have the rest roll in behind that, I’d be happy enough.

Is TBallet coming in at the end a bit dodgy? It seems legit reading back but she is the last person to vote, had it down to a wolf and an unknown and went with the unknown, coincidence?
    I’m not sure but I’d like to investigate at some stage.

I think we’re in danger to tunnelling Strawbs and SKeith. While I still think Strawbs is a wolf one thing sticks out, that she didn’t move her vote when she had the chance. Now maybe she thought she was on a winner. Was it clear Digi was the one being chosen? It’s hard to tell TBH.

I think we all have Strawbs fairly high up our list, she’s not going anywhere. So if people are going ISOs maybe Fixxer, Bounty and Kolido are good starting points.

SKeiths ISO will be a f**king nightmare

I will definitely write down notes for the next game

What does iso mean? I'll do skeith tonight

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    I don’t think we’re all lock clear. Pter and Dandy probably but not the rest. Not accusing them of wolf, just not saying they’re lock clear villager. Still, worst case 3/5 are village so if we could come to a majority decision and then have the rest roll in behind that, I’d be happy enough.

At the minute I’d be happy enough to presume you are until we get the second wolf

Advertisement