Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Clarabel wrote: »
    Barney - Voted Fixxxer both lynches. Suspect. rIp

Bounty Hunter - village lean

Clarabel - chatty wolf or a busy gal? Lock clear.
    I get I'm coming across as neutral but I am trying.

Cross - voted as a shot in the dark first time but deliberate second. I'm still suspect. kolido both times. Is it really unlikely he's a wolf too. Can't understand even as a wolf why he wouldn't post and plead his case.

Qb - parkrun enjoy. By my rules is village

Dandy - villager but not convinced

Duffman - no opinion

Ecto - no opinion

Fixxxer - null to wolf

GnR - village lean

Kolido -has always been on my suspect back pocket but I really am very unsure. I want him to be village.

Pter - village

sKeith - hmmm. He's definitely one or the other. :):(. I flip so much on him. Makes me feel like someone said last night. There's always panic when we kill a wolf. Actually who said that, that has to give them village points.

Strawbs - cries. Can I keep quiet on this one?

Succy

Skunk - I have confirmation bias here. Wolf, but I'm fairly sure it's confirmation bias.

Triceratops - no opinion

Trit - dead

Tusk - no opinion

Whippy - dead

How can I not be clear, others may have voted for digi first but I was the one who actually put, what turned out to be correct, valid reasoning to vote for him forward which turned the last two towards him. I effectively got him voted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Ha, as said that was written after the lynch result but then I had a busy day while you guys slept and I could not post. Just got home posted it and then quickly posted the bit about Barney.

For me it is one of Strawbs and sKeith plus 1 (they other of those 2 or Kolido, Clara, TB or Duff) most likely for the Wolf roles. Could be wrong but my logic as to why are in that first post of mine several posts up from here.

Why me?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

SKeith creeps in because she’s doubting qb. I see your argument on Pter, he didn’t want to vote digi and got super offended when people would agree to vote for one of the non voters so yeah, he could be but then trying to lump Qb in when all he s doing is borrowing from another’s post, no sorry, hat looks suspicious

After the modkill discussion was over who suggested we definitely kill a non modkill low poster. Spoiler, it was me.

In fact Keith agreed it was a good plan in a direct response to my suggestion, and yet didn't follow through with a vote on digi.

You are inventing narratives to make me bad. Twisting the facts to suit the theory instead of the other way around.

How can I not be clear, others may have voted for digi first but I was the one who actually put, what turned out to be correct, valid reasoning to vote for him forward which turned the last two towards him. I effectively got him voted out.

Because I haven't read everything in detail. Definitely village lean but watching.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Clarabel wrote: »
    Why me?

Nothing specific if im totally honest. It's Strawbs and sKeith I suspect but as my big post on the last page outlines several people have village cred with me for things like killing Hannibal Lector while that group of which you are included are kind of neutral so are the people I wouldn't be surprised to be a well hidden wolf.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    After the modkill discussion was over who suggested we definitely kill a non modkill low poster. Spoiler, it was me.

In fact Keith agreed it was a good plan in a direct response to my suggestion, and yet didn't follow through with a vote on digi.

You are inventing narratives to make me bad. Twisting the facts to suit the theory instead of the other way around.

Lads I was the first one to actually do it. So actually I started it! I may not have strongly suggested it as a plan and I did question pTer motives to make sure they were aligned with mine.

Lol someone isn't suffering from a lack of confidence anyway.

You wanted to vote for a non voting person first. Why are you arguing yourself up my list when you’re moving down. I’m simply stating fact. You wanted one of the two people who were modkilled and then only changed when you realized no one was listening to you.

People are always reluctant to clear people fully. For me the full 5 who killed Digi are village but it's not like I've never been wrong before

You wanted to vote for a non voting person first. Why are you arguing yourself up my list when you’re moving down. I’m simply stating fact. You wanted one of the two people who were modkilled and then only changed when you realized no one was listening to you.

I'm arguing the read because it's wrong. Why wouldn't I argue it. Laying low is wolf tactics.

I changed after reasoned debate. That's kind of how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Saturday probably would have been the day i'd be more active again but the 12hr delay to post meant I had time to have a good look at the lynch last night at least. Have to catch up on whats been said post Lynch reveal but this is where I'm at:

quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk

All just voted and lynched Hannibal Lecter when he had not been the vote leader early on. I can't think why Wolves would vote out Lector when they didn't have to. They could have easily justified going for Strawbs for example and just point at what G&R said.

Not saying it's my new village core but all but Pter were people I was leaning village on anyway so now i'd be hoping for them to lead a bit direction wise.

DAndy in particular appearing there affirms what I thought from last lynch when he didn't vote to save himself which a wolf probably would have. The Skunk and Pter jumping in with their reactions post lynch seemed genuine too but can't read too much into thatbut DAndy & tusk thanked them so probably agree

Speaking of direction, people jumping about last minute seemingly to save someone but not jumping onto Lector stands out. sKeith for the 2nd night (after jumping late on Kitten) is the obvious one. He voted for someone who had not been leading the vote count and someone who did not get revealed as Lector with his jump.

Lector seemingly voted for me. I know that could be twisted a few ways but I find it odd as I was not on him. Actually I wasn't even online when he was posting. Throwing some random shade im guessing.

reads:

Most Villagery - quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk
    All voted to kill Lector when I don't think a wolf would have needed to.

Village lean: G&R
    G&R has put forward an arguement that perhaps pockets me somewhat by echoing my own reasons for voting Strawbs N1 but I don't see any flaws in his logic unless she flips good. Then he might not be village lean.

Not as suspicious of: Ecto
    The ony thing I have in mind for him is that he was 1 of only 2 who lynched a goodie (Kitten) that wasn't munched, SK being the other.

Fixxer I feel like I'd have to go back and cross reference who was suspicious of him because a few have been but i've spotted nothing.

Crosstwonk: don't know CT, hadn't focussed on CT to be honest but enough others did at the end for 4 votes. I don't have very positive read on all of them at the moment though so again I feel CT isn't a major worry based soley off a tie for 2nd most voted.

Wouldn't be shocked if wolf:

We now have 1 less wolf so really there are not going to be many more wolves but based on the info from the votes and what they have posted on thread i'd not be shocked if Kolido, Clara, TB, Duff or even Barney flipping wolf. Most likely for me though it would be alongside my stronger suspicions

Leaning wolf:
    sKeith:
    deserves his own section and as I said before I've flipped on him a few times as his play does not seem like a wolf but his actions are ones that always justify him in FFAs for me. Strawbs: Nothing changed since I voted for Strawbs, except I am suspicious of the people who jumped off her to not vote for Lector. Strawbs herself did not vote for Lector

Let's now add who was munched into the equation because at time of writing this I had not seen that yet but for example one of the 5 lector voters is killed that strenghtens that potential core in terms of me believing they are good. If someone after Strawbs is killed that might indicate the wolves want to switch focus. sKeith will avoid being Munched anyway cos he can claim he is being left as a potential mislynch despite not a single person voting for him.
    I doubt they would munch anyone who is high in the votes unless they were on their trail.

If they focused on who was stated as voting for them in advance i'd imagine one of the Digi voters might get munched. Will not be surprised at all to see that the following are alive after the munch - Strawbs, Crosstwonk, sKeith, Fixxer,

Do we deep clear bounty for this post? I would. I don't think a wolf fakes this.

What is the benefit of letting the mods kill them?

Is it that its a 'free' bonus kill?

My issue with that is, unless its a wolf modkill, its reducing our NRV numbers more quickly.

This was one of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

This is true. I was asking for ages for someone to give me evidence to move my vote. Dandy was the one who provided it.

I was also open to jumping on the fixxxer wagon, but the evidence didn't sway me.

Thanks Andy for helping me go the right direction in the end!

This was one of many.

So you quote the start of the discussion instead of its outcome?

This is largely useless and is deflecting from us questioning others of higher suspicion. By all means carry on but you are wrong to suspect me at all.

SKeith, why didn't you move onto digi.

sKeith wrote: »
    Do we deep clear bounty for this post? I would. I don't think a wolf fakes this.

I love the fact that a post that has sK as one of 2 strong wolf leans leads sK to suggest I should be cleared on the back of it. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If you don't want to accept I was talking about yesterday, Friday, then there isn't much more I can say on that.

Why didn't you move onto digi.

And why did you encourage people to move off Digi??

Honestly, a villager could make a mistake like that. But you're a better player than that.

A wolf trying to save a teammate is more probable.

If you're a wolf, it was a gamble it would work, as once Digi flipped it'd look bad for you, but it could be worth it if you pulled it off and saved him. An early vote on him that you didn't keep, means nothing when it was placed when there was no risk to him.

I really want you to be Village as it's where you started in my head. But these are serious concerns.

I think I’m going to chill until tomorrow night, I’m getting de ja vu here. This middle day always turns out to be somewhat of a chest pumping exercise. I’ll come on in the vending tomorrow and vote for whomever I think is most wolf from all of the posts between now and then.

This is an extremely weak argument.

The 'narrative' is that I voted for digi. I did. Before crunch time.

So did QB.

Why didn't you?

Both of you said that you voted digi first. That's false.

sKeith wrote:
    Both of you said that you voted digi first. That's false.

I'm putting a vote on you for ignoring the pertinent questions repeatedly, if nothing else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Dandy, could you quote or link the post that got Skunk and Tusk to vote Digi?

• Advertisement

I think I’m going to chill until tomorrow night, I’m getting de ja vu here. This middle day always turns out to be somewhat of a chest pumping exercise. I’ll come on in the vending tomorrow and vote for whomever I think is most wolf from all of the posts between now and then.

I didn't mean to belittle your contribution. Well done for the lynch vote (if we are assuming you are village of course).

I just disagree that you have an improving opinion on me again today and yet I'm still on your ffa. It doesn't add up.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Dandy, could you quote or link the post that got Skunk and Tusk to vote Digi?

#1554 (not sure how to link a post) is where I declared my dodgy feeling of digi.

There are some posts before and some on the following page or two where there's some more discussion which led me on to flip to digi from Strawbs.

Nothing specific if im totally honest. It's Strawbs and sKeith I suspect but as my big post on the last page outlines several people have village cred with me for things like killing Hannibal Lector while that group of which you are included are kind of neutral so are the people I wouldn't be surprised to be a well hidden wolf.

Are you suggesting there were two wol wagons last night? SPICY...
    But I don't think its true, though, if it was, they'll be last on a competing wagon.

That's what's great about movement at eod, wolves getting caught out in the changing environment.

Current gut feelings:

Strong Villagers we should likely follow:

QB, Skunk, Dandy

People I'd be happy voting for next lynch:
    Fixxxer, Kolido, Strawbs,

Barney92 - RIP - Felt he was villagery
    Bounty Hunter - Strong Village feel
    Clarabel - Neutral
    crosstownk - Neutral - could there be two very quiet wolves? I'm not sure.
    Digital Solitude - LECTOR!!!
    Dublinandy2 - Villager, based on pushing people towards digi - I had him as a suspect earlier with his skunk cahoots. I'm happy saying they are both Village for me now though.
    Duffman13 - Feel a bit dodgy about duff. I can't remember what , but somebody pointed out some strange happenings, which I agreed with. Very slight negative lean.
    Ectoplasm - I'm not sure really. Had them down as Wolfy, but with all the happenings, my feelings are muddled right now.
    fixxxer - Wolfy, there's been a lot of scrutiny on him, and I was prepared to jump onto him, but the evidence against digi was too strong.
    Green&Red - I'm conflicted, the strawbs attack was a powerful post, but there could be some tactics there. Slight village lean for now.
    kitten_k - RIP
    Kolido - Pretty quiet lately from what I recall. Has been on my dodgy list from the get go. Still there. Wolf lean.
    Loughc - Nothing to say.
    Pter - Voted on Digi, wanted to look at low posters. I like how he posts. Villager for me.
    quickbeam - Voted with me on Skunk and Digi. I feel like we have similar reads a lot of the time. probably the strongest villager for me.
    sKeith - play style is so weird. Villager, pretending to be wolf? Agressive wolf trying to throw the scent off? Just a mental fella? I don't know, but the jump from fixxxer vexed me. slight wolf lean for now.
    Strawberry Milkshake - Based on the discussion yesterday, I'm still weary. She may have gotten away with it by the wolf team throwing digi under the bus? I don't know. Need more to go on, but wolfy still for me.
    Succubus_ - ?
    TheSkunk - Was very weary initially. Came round to their explanations and their questions started to seem villagery. Voted with me on Digi. Strong villager for me.
    Triceratops Ballet - I'm leaning wolfy here.
    tritium - RIP
    tusk - Moi
    Whiplashy - RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Didn’t get the chance to write my list on the way. Will do it when I’m off work, I actually went full FBI last night after the lynch :pac:

Will respond to everyone then and will check in on my lunch. I’m off tomorrow so will be all over it then! :)

So you quote the start of the discussion instead of its outcome?

This is largely useless and is deflecting from us questioning others of higher suspicion. By all means carry on but you are wrong to suspect me at all.

SKeith, why didn't you move onto digi.

Read the thread. He was posting eventually, cross was voting and not posting, still is.

I'm heading out now. Hopefully will be back on later for a while. Have fun abusing each other lol

sKeith wrote: »
    Are you suggesting there were two wol wagons last night? SPICY...
    But I don't think its true, though, if it was, they'll be last on a competing wagon.

That's what's great about movement at eod, wolves getting caught out in the changing environment.

If you want you can explain your spicy two wolf wagons, cos im not sure what could impy that in what you quoted. Right now I think you or Strawbs are wolves. Not sure obviously and if one of you wasn't those other people listed were the ones I would not be surprised with yet flipping bad because they haven't done things others have to make me think they are good.

If you want you can explain your spicy two wolf wagons, cos im not sure what could impy that in what you quoted. Right now I think you or Strawbs are wolves. Not sure obviously and if one of you wasn't those other people listed were the ones I would not be surprised with yet flipping bad because they haven't done things others have to make me think they are good.

Digi and strawbs.

Your post said you thought me and straw were wolves.
    If that was the case, last night digi and staw were two wolf wagons.
    Its your theory and I have to explain it to you.

• Advertisement

Ecto, Fixxer and Crosstwonk could be added to that list too but that list is not who I current suspect anyway, I only have 2 current suspects but that list is who haven't put themselves on the village side in my mind currently.

Advertisement