Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options
  • 03-05-2019 2:24am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Werewolf: Silence of the Wolves

316a385620e73d7651055992bc820afc.jpg

The year is 1991 and there are rumours abound of some vicious, cannibalistic monsters on the loose. Innocent people are being kidnapped at night, their remains discovered the following morning - partially eaten. An entire team of FBI trainees have been called in to attempt to crack the case. With nothing but their own training to help them, they will have to attempt to form an alliance with the other trainees.

Problem is... can they fully trust each other? There is a suspicion the group of sadistic beings have infiltrated the trainees and indeed, walk amongst them during the day as one with them.

Can the trainees find the evil within, rout it out and protect the society they have vowed to served from these monsters?

Or will they be consumed by the same evil, both mentally - and physically.

giphy.gif

Game Roles:

There are 3 wolves.

The rest of the players are FBI trainees - more commonly known as NRVS. 

There are no other roles in this game.

Game Rules:
    1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete.  If you have any questions, please PM sullivlo or Necro and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. No posting of any PMs from the game mod or referring to the content of them. No screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are permitted. There is a zero-tolerance policy in force for editing or deletion of posts from the game thread. This will be strictly enforced, and will result in a modkill. 

3. Game schedule and voting rules: The game begins on Friday, 3rd May with an uber-soft bank holiday weekend opener. There will be a munch on Tuesday morning, 7th May at 10am, and the first lynch will take place on Wednesday night at 9pm. The game will cycle as follows in 35:12 hr phases (where 35 is the length of the day phase and 12 is the length of the night), with closed nights from after the announcement of the lynch result. The lynch form will be opened following the munch and players can vote until 08:59:59PM, with results announced at 10pm. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.
    NOTE: Night Phases will be closed in this game. Mods will be operating an honour system for this game and the thread will remain open so players can prepare posts etc. 

The minimum requirement is that you log a vote each lynch. Two missed votes will result in a modkill, to which there are no exceptions. 

4. Lynch rules: The votes will be published at 10pm in the order they were cast, with the player's role revealed upon death. There is to be NO POSTING by any player following the lynch result announcement until the following morning's munch announcement. 9pm - 10pm is considered a twilight phase where discussion is permitted until lynch result announcement.

In the event of a tie: Results will be determined on the basis of LAST VOTE CAST. In the event of a tie in this circumstance, mods will randomise the tied players.

5. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and wolf kills are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are dead, please don't post in the game thread again. Dead players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER DEATH. You will be granted access to the deadroom via PM where you can discuss the game. 

6. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Pter/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

7. Post Count Limit: In order to allow players time to read over the thread, mods are introducing a post count limit of 100 posts per phase per player - which will begin following the first munch on Tuesday. This will be removed two hours prior to the lynch, in order to allow players to discuss it properly without fear of hitting the limit.
    Reminder that 100 posts is a limit, not a target - do as Necro says, not as he normally posts!

8. Auto-Priest: Upon death, a players role will be announced on thread by the mods.

Win Conditions:
    Wolf Win: Gain parity with the village.
    Village Win: Kill off all wolves.

Player List:

Barney92
    Bounty Hunter
    Clarabel
    crosstownk
    Digital Solitude
    Dublinandy2
    Duffman13
    Ectoplasm
    fixxxer
    Green&Red
    kitten_k
    Kolido
    Loughc
    Pter
    quickbeam
    sKeith
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Succubus_
    TheSkunk
    Triceratops Ballet
    tritium
    tusk
    Whiplashy
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

First...woohoo....

Surely I wont be munched on my birthday!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Morning all!

So, unlimited posts for until first munch?

... Challenge accepted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Kolido wrote: »
    First...woohoo....

Surely I wont be munched on my birthday!

And I'm only three days until retirement!

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/Mz00OOITF6fCg&quot; width="480" height="259" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/Mz00OOITF6fCg">via GIPHY</a></p>

• Advertisement

oh ffs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

fixxxer wrote: »
    <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/Mz00OOITF6fCg&quot; width="480" height="259" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/Mz00OOITF6fCg">via GIPHY</a></p>

Gif fail! :pac:

Morning everyone, did anyone else read the post limit as you had to post a minimum of 100 posts per phase. I was legit freaking. I thought this was a slow burner....

Then I reread it correctly :O

HannibalLectorsCellButWithAnimePosters.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hi guys, I’ll be staying away until Monday I think, it would be great if ye could have it narrowed down by that stage!

Go FBI!

Green&Red wrote: »
    Hi guys, I’ll be staying away until Monday I think, it would be great if ye could have it narrowed down by that stage!

Go FBI!

The Feds don't take the weekend off, got a live one here folks.

I will be expecting a promotion next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Hello everyone, forgotten I’d signed up to this.

Good luck to us all! Remember not all wolves are furry!

Max of 100 posts per cycle is gonna be so difficult for me. I’m going to have to think before I click reply as usually I’ll write one sentence, send it, then remember I should also say something else, send that, then realise what I’ve written makes no sense and start the whole process over again.

Oh, second paragraph - morning everybody! How are we all? Is everyone excited? I know I am. Thank you mods for putting the game together for us. I’m liking the no good roles theme for this. I like it a lot.

Anyhoo (3rd paragraph), I shall save my musings/ramblings for another post. Don’t want your eyes glazing over and just scrolling past my posts this early in the day.

;) (4th!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good luck to us all! Remember not all wolves are furry!

Well that’s a bit odd....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Morning all, never played a game with no village roles before. Should be interesting.

So where are all the guns????

Shame Stu isn’t playing. He was king of the thesis long posts. Well all have to adopt his style. I’m not worrying about combining thoughts in one post until after munch anyway.

Wonder what the penalty for going over 100 posts is? Probably just an honor system similar to the no posting during the night.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Morning all, never played a game with no village roles before. Should be interesting.

So where are all the guns????

No hero NRVs drawing a munch to save an important role. We’re all equally important. I kinda like that. All the importance, none of the stress of a role.

(Auto correct nearly had me write impotence there!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Mountainous_View_by_Sven_Scheuermeier-1600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

morning guys!

this will be really interesting! I'm actually going to have to consider what I'm saying and not just fire off random messages for the janutz!! completely unlike what I've just done now obvs!

I'll be largely MIA over the weekend, ripping out my existing shower and replacing it with a new one!! :eek:
    Beyoncé has taught me I'm capable so we'll see come Monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Hello all

chris-pratt-burt-macklin-fbi-james-comey-firing-tweet.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Heya

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »

Go FBI!

ForcefulGenerousIslandwhistler-small.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Hi everyone

Forgot that the game was starting. Kolido is clearly a wolf due to getting the first post, so only 2 left to find :D

I’ll be MIA for most of today and tomorrow so really glad it’s a slow burner. I trust you’ll all have worked out who the other 2 furballs are by then.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Forgot that the game was starting. Kolido is clearly a wolf due to getting the first post, so only 2 left to find :D

I’ll be MIA for most of today and tomorrow so really glad it’s a slow burner. I trust you’ll all have worked out who the other 2 furballs are by then.

giphy.gif

You and Green&Red have both said similar things about us doing the work for you. Early, early shade being thrown here by one Burt Macklin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

First

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Afternoon all. No village roles should defo be interesting. Think the only other time I've played like this is a live game. Really interested to see how this one goes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Haven't played a game like this before, but the slow burn is something that should suit how active I expect to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Why were the lambs silent? Were they dead?

I have not read the book, which might go into why the lambs were silent. I have watched the film, and I don't recall any explanation on why the lambs were silent.

If there are any book readers among us, maybe you could tell us if there is any better explanation of the title in the books, or maybe I am just not observant enough, and someone who has only seen the film can remind me of some scene that I have clearly forgotten which will shine light on the reason for the title.

Maybe an understanding on how the title relates to the book and film may give us a clue to why the wolves are silent here.

Is the expectation that the wolves will low post and we can win the game by sort by post count, I doubt it.

Why does the dino feel like they have to watch what they say? Say what you want, what you really really want and don't look back in anger at what you say.

So, had a quick look there, 23 in roster, 3 wolves, 20 vanillagers.

so, 17 deaths needed at the least for the wolves to achieve parity, that's 8 cycles or 16 RL days from Tuesday is... 23rd of may.
    That's 8 mislynches and we can adsorb one modkill before we lose a mislynch chance.

milkshake. what exactly makes you have good feeling that there are good roles? is it that there are no investigative roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Well if this game brings us to the 23rd May then we only have a few days left for the next one to start :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You need to rewatch the film sk. Lecter breaking Starling was a key scene and explained why the lambs were silent.

• Advertisement

A quick Google search will explain the title, something to do with a lamb slaughterhouse?

Advertisement