Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Read the thread Phil or just my posts from today

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

#FFA2

Des for calling on Vig to shoot Phil.
    Angus for resolutely refusing to consider Phil as the genuine article.
    Liam for weird posting - confused newb or hiding wolf, not sure yet but to be kept an eye on for sure.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    #FFA2

Des for calling on Vig to shoot Phil.
    Angus for resolutely refusing to consider Phil as the genuine article.
    Liam for weird posting - confused newb or hiding wolf, not sure yet but to be kept an eye on for sure.

resolutely
    adverb
    in an admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering manner.

I can see a world with Phil being Sonic, but in that world, Sonic was so easily lured out of hiding by a few sonic gifs. In that world, Phil has played terribly, like the worst gameplay by a roled villager I have ever witnessed.

So, what I weigh up is obvious wolfing vs atrocious roled village play.

I am giving Phil a bit more credit than being so poor at playing a roled villager, our her, I think its easier to fathom poor wolf play than wreckless roled villager play.

Angus WW wrote: »
    resolutely
    adverb
    in an admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering manner.

I can see a world with Phil being Sonic, but in that world, Sonic was so easily lured out of hiding by a few sonic gifs. In that world, Phil has played terribly, like the worst gameplay by a roled villager I have ever witnessed.

I am giving Phil a bit more credit than being so poor at playing a roled villager, our her, I think its easier to fathom poor wolf play than wreckless roled villager play.

LOL

Mary, I done your typo too. *hero*

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

:rolleyes:

I came out as Sonic because it became clear I was about to be lynched.

But whatever.

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I came out as Sonic because it became clear I was about to be lynched.

But whatever.

Do you have chaos emerald duties today? If yes, what are they?

Do you have chaos emerald duties today? If yes, what are they?

Angus, on the chance I do, on the chance I'm competing with a wolf for it, you do get why I might stay quiet about it, yeah?

Angus, on the chance I do, on the chance I'm competing with a wolf for it, you do get why I might stay quiet about it, yeah?

No.

The village can help you win it and spot the bad guy via it. Why wouldn't you give the village info that would help them catch a bad guy?

No.

The village can help you win it and spot the bad guy via it. Why wouldn't you give the village info that would help them catch a bad guy?

Or it would signal to the wolves not to do stuff.

I'll talk about tasks latter if needs be. Not going to help the wolves, and don't believe it hurts the village to play that card close to my chest for now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

so, whats the plan?

• Advertisement

everyone must be working

When you cut down out the me/Vernon/Angus stuff, the village is being very lax. Really would love some people to throw up ideas and alternatives.

When you cut down out the me/Vernon/Angus stuff, the village is being very lax. Really would love some people to throw up ideas and alternatives.

how about des the wolf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

I'm no longer working! So, doing some of my incredible re-reading. My preliminary thoughts are that I am suspicious of Katie. That disappearing, and then seems like she's coming in and stirring. Not even tree shaking, seems more stirring.

Ok, Mary, fine. Maybe it was a genuine typo. Day 1 is tricky to pick somebody, and I did and do think it would be a great win to out two wolves like that. But I'll drop it now.

Without the typo, I wasn't too pushed about Phil. Figured he probably is Sonic. But I wasn't thrilled to read the last messages where he's (or she's :D) so cagey about any tasks.

Will do an FFA later, as just in. Again, two others that I'm a bit suss of, for strange posting.

Finally, that missing Vernon's "task", that was genuine. I didn't really get his post, and sped through Phil's explanation on my reread. Nothing for me to gain by being a dope though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

A shot has been fired. Katie WW has been killed. She was
    good

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Well I’m out so. My guess was less than the record. Again, lack of theme knowledge :(

Going back through your posts now. I just googled this to get a barometer of what was a possible time. I also did a trial run to see how long it would take someone who hasn't played before. After a number of attempts of just dying straight away I got through the whole thing. Theme knowledge didn't help at all.

Welp, there goes Katie :(

Question is what it our vig or was it the mystery prize winner.

Yikes, that's bad.

So Katie suggests lynching Des and is immediately gunned down. Which actually puts me in the "let's not hit Des" column right now....

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Going back through your posts now. I just googled this to get a barometer of what was a possible time. I also did a trial run to see how long it would take someone who hasn't played before. After a number of attempts of just dying straight away I got through the whole thing. Theme knowledge didn't help at all.

Well I’d not have needed theme knowledge if I’d thought to Google, which I didn’t. I’m a complete ignoramous about these games though, even not knowing what a 1up was. I was more of a Tetris or Minesweeper player when I played at all which was rare enough.

Oh just read. RIP Katie.

• Advertisement

#FFA2

Liam - the whole 'agree with Clodagh on voting me, then votes for Angus' thing is gnawing away at me. That and the pizza references. I'm concerned Liam is a newbie just struggling to adapt and I'm reluctant to go too hard on them as a result, but the more I think about it the more I think it's highly likely they are in fact a newbie, but also a wolf.

Phil - Yeah, he's still here. Phil has outed as Sonic, and supposedly won a chaos emerald last night. But he has not been verified by anyone or told us any information without being pushed for it incredibly hard. That's not a town mindset. Functional towns share their info and pool it to give themselves the best opportunity. Phil has had to have information dragged out of him under threat of lynching. I hate that if he is actually Sonic he let it get to that point an hour before the lynch when he could have revealed with much more time left on the clock to discuss things.
    He's claimed Sonic, but is unverified (I'm aware there is no counter-claim). He's admitted to doing tasks. He won't share important info that could catch a wolf.
    He's also until verified a 50/50 shot to be Wario. So he stays on my FFA until his claim is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Angus - I have a little niggle in the back of my mind that Angus is playing the contrarian wolf which is a decent position to sit in. He's even slid off Phil's FFA despite his determination to lynch one of those who 'wronged' him yesterday (and Phil doesn't even have a third on his FFA). He bought the fact that my 'task' wasn't a task and I appreciate that, but I'm also a little bit worried about being pocketed. So he stays a distant third on my FFA in comparison to the other two.

I think as a village, we need to come to some sort of consensus here, cause right now, I've no clue whats happening.

Last night, we nearly lost Sonic based on 3 votes. So I think we absolutely cannot as a village be all over the place again.

I think as a village, we need to come to some sort of consensus here, cause right now, I've no clue whats happening.

Last night, we nearly lost Sonic based on 3 votes. So I think we absolutely cannot as a village be all over the place again.

I'm voting Liam tonight

Oh, just for clarity too.

#FFA2 clarified
    Vernon
    Angus
    Liam

I'm subbing Angus back in over Desmond. Really iffy on that. But the timing of the gunshot right after a direct accusation against Desmond is really suspicious, and I'm not sure if it's someone trying to set him up now.

I'm very reluctant to hit Liam on the back of pasta posts too. I'm way more open to hitting Vernon (based on behaviour yesterday) or Angus (based on behaviour overall).

Would like as many people to say what way they're voting for though.

Oh, just for clarity too.

#FFA2 clarified
    Vernon
    Angus
    Liam

I'm subbing Angus back in over Desmond. Really iffy on that. But the timing of the gunshot right after a direct accusation against Desmond is really suspicious, and I'm not sure if it's someone trying to set him up now.

I'm very reluctant to hit Liam on the back of pasta posts too. I'm way more open to hitting Vernon (based on behaviour yesterday) or Angus (based on behaviour overall).

Based on behaviour yesterday :pac:

We should lynch you fifteen times in a row just to make sure you die so

Come on Phil, start doing some analysis and stop OMGUSing

Angus.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    So you're admitting you're a villager?

Or maybe I was just being a nice guy Vernon and offering my new pals food :pac:
    I've no idea who I'll be voting tonight............
    What do you mean?
    Ohhh and why is that Vernon hmmmmmm?
    Well Angus was the obvious choice from the get go, I got a weird feeling from him the moment he posted, He didn't accept my offer of pizza and now come too think of it, none of ye did

giphy.gif
    Good afternoon lady beans and gentle germs
    Too kind buddy :D

I still don't trust you........
    It was a ruse too keep you on your toes ;)
    I've got pizza and I'm willing too share ;)
    I second this
    I'm innocent I swear!!!!!!!
    I am merely an old man that can barely walk, what harm could I do ye sure? tbh I think we have too watch that phil fella.....
    Good too see....friends
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    I'm voting Liam tonight

Here are Liam's posts in their entirety. Literally all fluff and nonsense. The only point of interest is where he says he'll vote Vernon but then votes Angus.

What to make of that?

Either way, this kind of fluff might get a wolf through a larger group but in our tiny band of brothers and belligerents it stands out too much to me.

I mean, my analysis is still to take you out tbh. I've seen no one push any genuine reasons to vote anyone today. I had hoped that some other villagers would step up a bit, float some ideas and analysis.

With no munch or lynch, and only a shot fired from an unknown source, we don't have much to go on.

I do, however, want to make sure we have enough votes to ensure we don't push a draw again. And I'd rather lower the chances of hitting a rolled villager (which, I'm guessing, you'd have admitted to last night to save yourself if need be?). Your story is you were trying to self-sacrifice, so I feel you're a "safer" lynch tonight.

But if it's tight, I'd flip to Angus. I'd rather you though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Voting Liam here, as per my ffa.

• Advertisement

Angus.

Why Angus over everyone else? Just curious

Advertisement