Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Ok. Thanks Mary and Phil for your almost identical responses.. Still don't totally get it, but, ok..

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Ok. Thanks Mary and Phil for your almost identical responses.. Still don't totally get it, but, ok..

Should probably just ask Vernon as he is the one who did it but the post I mentioned (#171) is where he showed 7 posts by himself. As I said the first letter of each post is the first letter to One Two etc but as others have now highlighted there was more to his task than I had even noticed when it was highlighted to everyone on thread by Vernon.

Ok im off thread from now on. If I see you all again I'll have more info but until then g'luck

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Good too see....friends

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Mary, before you leave, where are you voting?

With such small numbers, and a crazy spread, I think we need to be clear who is likely to be killed tonight.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Good too see....friends

Hi Liam, good too see you to.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

It seems that the majority are up for lynching you, have you any words that could convince us to change our minds.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Mary, before you leave, where are you voting?

With such small numbers, and a crazy spread, I think we need to be clear who is likely to be killed tonight.

For you. Sorry, it was between you and Des and I'm leaning your way and have to make a decision now. If your good and need to make a role reveal it'll be too late to change my vote but at least then i'd hope people go for Des for asking the vig to shoot you.

Angus WW wrote: »
    It seems that the majority are up for lynching you, have you any words that could convince us to change our minds.

Me?

Yes.

I just would like to give Vernon 15 minutes as to why I shouldn't drag him under the bus with me...…

I am merely an old man that can barely walk, what harm could I do ye sure? tbh I think we have too watch that phil fella.....

Mary WW wrote: »
    For you. Sorry, it was between you and Des and I'm leaning your way and have to make a decision now. If your good and need to make a role reveal it'll be too late to change my vote but at least then i'd hope people go for Des for asking the vig to shoot you.

I'll give you a heads up.

Don't vote for me. Throw your vote in for Vernon.

• Advertisement

Me?

Yes.

I just would like to give Vernon 15 minutes as to why I shouldn't drag him under the bus with me...…

Hmm. Thought that message was directed at Liam. Guilty mind?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Me?

Yes.

Under the bus? Rather strange turn of phrase there Phillipe Coutinho

Steve WW wrote: »
    Hmm. Thought that message was directed at Liam. Guilty mind?

I'm innocent I swear!!!!!!!

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Under the bus? Rather strange turn of phrase there Phillipe Coutinho

Fair enough. Every time I've tried to engage with you today, it's been these flippant, vague answers, so....

Fair enough. Every time I've tried to engage with you today, it's been these flippant, vague answers, so....

Rather like your opening posts :)

Liam WW wrote: »
    I'm innocent I swear!!!!!!!

Only one way to find out..

Oooh lookey here comes a big reveal..

giphy.gif

JauntyGlaringHartebeest-size_restricted.gif

I've played badly today. Maybe. Guess it depends what way Vernon swings. I'm sure as the titular character of this whole thing, it was hoped I'd last longer. I absolutely don't do well under pressure as a lone goody. But I think it's important to role reveal here in case there isn't an auto-priest too.

I'd ask everyone to go back, actually read Vernon's early posts (rather than letting others guide you) and come to a conclusion.

My read is Vernon was soft claiming Sonic with his first few gifs. Then he does the task (counting). Then he gets super pissy with me about me pointing out gifs should be examined. Messing round with why he did the task, and then posting the Sonic picture again.

Vernon, if you're good, I'm sharing the blame with you here. You did something obviously tasky and have been super vague about it when called out, and backed me into a corner as a result. I tried a few times to ward you away, to get you to back down and to consider the damage to your own standing if I die and flip back good. YOU lead me to the gallows here, so *shrug*

From where I'm standing, my massive concern is that Vernon is Wario. As Sonic, I know there's tasks to earn the Emeralds. As Sonic, I know that the competition for the Emeralds is separate to the challenge tomorrow. As Sonic, I know the chances of Vernon doing a task and not being Wario are less likely.

If I die now, hopefully there's an auto priest, hopefully Vernon IS Wario, and the chaos emeralds on this island is nullified.

I'd obviously much prefer we lynch Vernon first, but if we do, I'm dead either way tomorrow anyway. Either he flips good, and I imagine Knuckles guns me down (which I 100% deserve for playing a horrid game) or I'm right and the wolves off me tomorrow anyway. But it's an extra 12 hours anyway.

I think Vernon was setting up his claim as Sonic, but hilariously picked a day long fight with Sonic himself. Guessing he hoped Sonic would lie low for a bit, and Sonic and Wario could each throw their little tasks round unopposed. But given I look set for an early exit, felt it best to lay everything out here.

Angus, this is also why I'm super suspect of you and Desmond too. I'd advise peeking one of them (though in my scenario, one will peek good anyway). Your utter refusal to even consider the fact Vernon might be doing tasks worries me massively. You nailed your colours to the "Don't vote Vernon" mast and never seemed to give an inch on it at all. I spent the day saying 50/50, and it should have been at least a little suspicious that I was super confident in taking that 50/50 bet and run the risk of offing Sonic.

Anyway, there.

Oooh lookey here comes a big reveal..

giphy.gif

I meant by lynching. :D Ok - only two ways to find out..

Im voting for Mary though.

I've played badly today. Maybe. Guess it depends what way Vernon swings. I'm sure as the titular character of this whole thing, it was hoped I'd last longer. I absolutely don't do well under pressure as a lone goody. But I think it's important to role reveal here in case there isn't an auto-priest too.

I'd ask everyone to go back, actually read Vernon's early posts (rather than letting others guide you) and come to a conclusion.

My read is Vernon was soft claiming Sonic with his first few gifs. Then he does the task (counting). Then he gets super pissy with me about me pointing out gifs should be examined. Messing round with why he did the task, and then posting the Sonic picture again.

Vernon, if you're good, I'm sharing the blame with you here. You did something obviously tasky and have been super vague about it when called out, and backed me into a corner as a result. I tried a few times to ward you away, to get you to back down and to consider the damage to your own standing if I die and flip back good. YOU lead me to the gallows here, so *shrug*

From where I'm standing, my massive concern is that Vernon is Wario. As Sonic, I know there's tasks to earn the Emeralds. As Sonic, I know that the competition for the Emeralds is separate to the challenge tomorrow. As Sonic, I know the chances of Vernon doing a task and not being Wario are less likely.

If I die now, hopefully there's an auto priest, hopefully Vernon IS Wario, and the chaos emeralds on this island is nullified.

I'd obviously much prefer we lynch Vernon first, but if we do, I'm dead either way tomorrow anyway. Either he flips good, and I imagine Knuckles guns me down (which I 100% deserve for playing a horrid game) or I'm right and the wolves off me tomorrow anyway. But it's an extra 12 hours anyway.

I think Vernon was setting up his claim as Sonic, but hilariously picked a day long fight with Sonic himself. Guessing he hoped Sonic would lie low for a bit, and Sonic and Wario could each throw their little tasks round unopposed. But given I look set for an early exit, felt it best to lay everything out here.

Angus, this is also why I'm super suspect of you and Desmond too. I'd advise peeking one of them (though in my scenario, one will peek good anyway). Your utter refusal to even consider the fact Vernon might be doing tasks worries me massively. You nailed your colours to the "Don't vote Vernon" mast and never seemed to give an inch on it at all. I spent the day saying 50/50, and it should have been at least a little suspicious that I was super confident in taking that 50/50 bet and run the risk of offing Sonic.

Anyway, there.

Grand. Don't believe you but you're self resolving.

• Advertisement

Grand. Don't believe you but you're self resolving.

Yeap.

Yeap.

I'm not Wario btw, lynching me would be a silly thing to do.

Do you honestly think a wolf would be so blatant and open about a task?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Okay, based on Vernon's weak-ass defence, I'm happy to take Phil at his word and vote to lynch Vernon.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Okay, based on Vernon's weak-ass defence, I'm happy to take Phil at his word and vote to lynch Vernon.

You want a counterclaim? I'm not Wario. I'm also not Sonic.

I'm a villager.

You want a counterclaim? I'm not Wario. I'm also not Sonic.

I'm a villager.

Why would a Villager do a task?

Why would a Villager do a task?

What task? The super obvious one that I pointed out myself :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

What task did you do Phil? And do you think Vernon had the same task?

Vernon was one of my two suspects until I re-read the thread. I actually think he's ok.

What task? So you just happened to write sentences that started with the initial letters of each number?

I never noticed any task until you pointed them out.

• Advertisement

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    What task did you do Phil? And do you think Vernon had the same task?

My 'task' is on thread for all to see. Was hoping to lay ground for wolves to munch me if Sonic held his water but ho-hum, Phil has conveniently claimed an hour before lynch.

I don't believe him but lynching the claim would be silly. If he doesn't die or if the vig thinks he's a lying wolf after I flip village, just take him out

Advertisement