Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Everyone jobs to Father Time, sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭rodders999

Becky doing the pout face every time she finishes a sentence doesn’t make her look menacing, it makes her look stupid.

And why was she grinning at first when Vince said she was suspended for 60 days? People comparing it to Vince and Stone Cold are so far off the mark it’s untrue, this is a million miles from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'd agree with the above. I know a lot here are hot on her now but I find Becky's promos cringe. Maybe it's the Irish accent, the facial expressions, the mannerisms, but I just can't take it serious. She is certainly no Stone Cold 2.0 if that's who she is being compared too.

Taking nothing away though, she got over with the fans and has the rocket now, so fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well thats the odds stacked against Becky, maybe she should ring a certain bald headed man who used to live in texas for advice on how to fight against vince mcmahon and overcome the suspension to main event wrestlemania

I see Austin has had his say on Becky and she's responded, i say forget the phone call, they should meet up some monday night instead for the chat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

John Pollock is saying
    Ciampa, Gargano, Ricochet and Aleistair Black
    are backstage at Raw. Probably nothing in it but the show needs a shot in the arm/kick up the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ERG89 wrote: »
    John Pollock is saying
    Ciampa, Gargano, Ricochet and Aleistair Black
    are backstage at Raw. Probably nothing in it but the show needs a shot in the arm/kick up the hole.

Well WWE have tweeted out pictures of the people in question. Why I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hardly go with all 4 men attacking Ambrose or something ??

looking forward too raw now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

NXT lads announced to crickets from the audience...

Bit confused these are all big NXT main eventers and there main roster call ups are bit tame tbh

This should of been OMG WTF surprise debuts

Yeah the casual fans don't really know these guys, do they?

"His tattoos tell the story of his dark brooding nature." Well done for making Black uncool in 3 seconds, Cole. Gobshíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Well I hope the NXT lads can win the crowd over, and hey a couple of OTT alumni

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

THis match again...

Strowmans decline has been been rapid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,707 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Are they call-ups or some kind of one-night showcase deal? Wasn't overly clear on that.
    ****e way to introduce them anyway. Maybe it's going somewhere though?

Corbin doesn't get boos, he gets groans. Everything about him stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Has to be a one-time thing surely, ciampa is still champ, as for the other 3 i think they are ready to move up as theyve done all they can

I guess Gargano and Ciampa have put there cruel differences towards each other behind them and are back as a team again facing the Rivival

Heymen as Bruans manager when Brock ****s off ??

The camera work on those kicks from Lashley and Rush was so annoying.

Another ad break. Such a frustrating experience.

I guess if these are the official main roster debuts than DIY are coming up as a team with Ricochet and Black as single competitors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

new additions fitting in nicely.get sick of same matchs.nice to see something new.balor and ricochet were fast as f*ck :eek::eek:

This crowd is getting a lot of stick of twitter

• Advertisement

ambrose has really gone to ****.. slipping down the mid card before he's done with wwe. is he a face again??

TimesArrow wrote: »
    This crowd is getting a lot of stick of twitter

They've been brutal. That said it's been a dire show.
    They have a PPV in a few weeks, has that even been mentioned?

The NXT appearances could be part of am attempt to build NXT up as more of a third main brand. Sasha and Bayley said they'll defend the titles against NXT opponents too. Maybe we get them against Io and Kairi at WM?

Ronda-Ruby was a good match, but what a nondescript Raw.
    Nothing of any consequence happened.

The NXT call-ups seemed pointless. They had matches, won, and?
    The Heavy Machinery and Lacey Evans bit was just bizarre.
    And why have your new tag champions lose?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What the hell was the point in 90% of that show?

Why bother giving Corbin a big win if he gets jobbed back out without help the next night?
    What was the point of Lashley beating up Lio Rush?
    Why have that match where Ruby turned jobber, then have it main event the next night?
    Why are Black and Ricochet, Ciampa and Gargano all on RAW in front of a crowd that would likely sleep through a combination of WM 17, 18 and 19 main events in front of them?

The only advancement on the show was Heyman talking rubbish for half of it about Brock.

I mean, it's just over a month to Mania and this tripe gets put out there? Fcuk sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Haha that crowd and their lack of fcuks was both hilarious and sad. Bizarre decision that they can't have any do overs on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I half wonder if Fastlane might become an "NXT vs WWE" show or something. Cause coming out of Raw, I can't think of a single match that's being even hinted at. Everything is focused on Mania.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I half wonder if Fastlane might become an "NXT vs WWE" show or something. Cause coming out of Raw, I can't think of a single match that's being even hinted at. Everything is focused on Mania.

The one thing WWE doesn't need is 2 PPVs between Rumble and Mania, even EC is pointless the years they don't use the EC match as a number 1 contender match.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Here's what I don't get. Why couldn't they have held off the Becky angle until now, even if it was to play out the same way.

This 'now, now, now' stuff in WWE is infuriating. They now have to work off essentially the same stuff for over a month, with a PPV prior to Mania that is an after thought.

Same with Seth, if this is going to be the same old back and forth between him and Heyman for the next month it will get old very fast.

And Mania is looking awful at present, outside of RAW there isn't one formulated feud that anyone is interested in.

Give it another week, cue panic and stupid money offered to part-timers to boost it.

Saw this on Reddit. Black's introductory line in NXT (presumably by Mauro)...

"There is good, there is evil, somewhere in between is Aleister Black."

Cole's introductory line for him...

"The moody Aleister Black."

Cole makes me want to pour bleach in my ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't know who the ****ebag is though - Cole or McMahon in his ear? I mean the half assed effort of how they were presented had Vince all over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement