Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh, and fair play to the Revival. By all accounts, they seemed to ask for their release, and probably showed Vince in that moment they value themselves as bigger stars than he did. I guess that worked, cause they deserve a top level tag title run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think there playing into what people perceives happens with Charlotte shes the chosen one and gets preferential treatment from everyone and is handed everything. Thats honestly great and if there defo going for the triple threat its the way to go.

Charlotte the heel who didnt earn who way there

Ronda the kinda tweener dominant champ

becky the underdog face who has the bosses against her

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well thats the odds stacked against Becky, maybe she should ring a certain bald headed man who used to live in texas for advice on how to fight against vince mcmahon and overcome the suspension to main event wrestlemania

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think they did a good job with that. They were risking the crowd cooling on Becky if they carried the HHH/Steph any further. Now they have an easily dislikeable duo of Vince and Charlotte to get heat from. Becky has to stay away for a week or two this time though.

Don't know what they're doing with Ronda though. Two weeks ago she said she will/could kill Becky. Last night she was sincere and holding her arm backstage. Weird.

Don't even start me on the Ambrose/Rollins horseshìt. Two months ago they were feuding with Roman's cancer being brought into the storyline, now it's "Slay the beast, buddy." Just ugh.

Same goes Heyman, absolute shìte. Get some new material. When you're saying everyone of Brock's opponents is amazing and incredible, it quickly loses all meaning. He has given the exact same promo on AJ, Bryan, Finn and now Seth.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

One of the hottest over feuds in years and they're obsessed with diluting it down.

Steph, HHH, Vince, Charlotte....no ones cares about you.

Wrestlemania main event should be built around Becky vs Ronda. No one else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

J. Marston wrote: »
    Same goes Heyman, absolute shìte. Get some new material. When you're saying everyone of Brock's opponents is amazing and incredible, it quickly loses all meaning. He has given the exact same promo on AJ, Bryan, Finn and now Seth.

I honestly think they're priming a Heyman turn on Lesnar with Seth talking about 'selling his soul' to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Anyone versus The Authority in 2019 is awful, it's so boring and all been seen before, just let Becky and Ronda hate each other.

Delighted for The Revival.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Haha... Ric's birthday celebration in two weeks...

Did someone say Guinness truck bash? :pac:

Nyrtlv.gif

What is the actual point of Ronda VS Ruby Riott? Couldn't they have waited a week at least to do this is my one complaint.

At the end of the day, Charlotte being added was always likely to happen. If the match is anything like the triple threat that Becky, Charlotte and Sasha had a few years back it will be a great match.

And I don't mind the way they're doing it, Charlotte is a natural heel, makes sense her being the 'chosen one' so to speak.

But why book a title match for Elimination Chamber, and then put Charlotte up against Ronda at Mania? It's ridiculous!

Don't know what they're doing with Ronda though. Two weeks ago she said she will/could kill Becky. Last night she was sincere and holding her arm backstage. Weird.

Ronda wants to fight Becky.

I can utterly buy that Ronda has a certain level of respect for Becky, who is the one woman who has stood up to her in recent times, and actually gotten the best of her, unanswered. I can utterly buy that Ronda wants to fight Becky, not necessarily out of a deep seethed hatred that makes her stupid, but because she sees Becky as the biggest challenge she can find.

She doesn't like Becky. But she also wants to make sure that match happens, and gave the advice to Becky to make sure their match happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Also, having her actually apologise was weak.

They should've had Vince come out while she was thinking about it and said something like "An apology won't cut it. You're suspended."

Also, having her actually apologise was weak.

They should've had Vince come out while she was thinking about it and said something like "An apology won't cut it. You're suspended."

I'm guessing the idea might be to have HHH/Steph actually side with Becky a bit. Which, yes, sadly, means this will become a defacto HHH/Steph vs Vince story.

But HHH/Steph have actually been pretty reasonable in the whole situation (so far). They said they needed her to go to a doctor or she was suspended. She attacked them. Then went to the Doctor, and they reinstated her, exactly as they said they would. Asked for an apology for the match, got it, and they were happy to move on then, exactly as they said they would. As much as the Authority stuff can be run into the ground, the two haven't really been in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm guessing the idea might be to have HHH/Steph actually side with Becky a bit. Which, yes, sadly, means this will become a defacto HHH/Steph vs Vince story.

But HHH/Steph have actually been pretty reasonable in the whole situation (so far). They said they needed her to go to a doctor or she was suspended. She attacked them. Then went to the Doctor, and they reinstated her, exactly as they said they would. Asked for an apology for the match, got it, and they were happy to move on then, exactly as they said they would. As much as the Authority stuff can be run into the ground, the two haven't really been in the wrong.

Doesnt matter it'll all be about HHH/Steph come Mania. They do it every year. Tag match last year, Rollins the year before, HHH main evented the year before that, Sting with DX/NWO before that etc.

For a semi (more like 9/10ths) retired wrestler he sure knows how to book himself come Mania time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
    Doesnt matter it'll all be about HHH/Steph come Mania. They do it every year. Tag match last year, Rollins the year before, HHH main evented the year before that, Sting with DX/NWO before that etc.

For a semi (more like 9/10ths) retired wrestler he sure knows how to book himself come Mania time.

Could we somehow get a mixed tag match with Triple H/Steph vs Becky/Batista or Cena at mania instead and if Becky wins shes in the main event doing double duty like Bryan did ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not sure if the McMahons are focussed on the spotlight being on them or saving Ronda from being booed every week for 2 months. There is a reason she walks down the aisle with a grin on her face to the fans every week like she's had a lobotomy. It's not cause she is a fan it's cause she is a face like grinning idiots Balor and Big Show.
    I'm unaware of the exact moment the McMahons turned heel after saying they want the fans to be happy. One think I observed in nights Raw was how quiet the fans were when Ronda & Lynch were in the ring compared to a few weeks ago.
    It's nice that the focus is on Lynch's journey; maybe my memory fails me but other than Austin the McMahon's power at getting others over is at best debatable as I can't recall many that got over huge due to them.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Not sure if the McMahons are focussed on the spotlight being on them or saving Ronda from being booed every week for 2 months. There is a reason she walks down the aisle with a grin on her face to the fans every week like she's had a lobotomy. It's not cause she is a fan it's cause she is a face like grinning idiots Balor and Big Show.
    I'm unaware of the exact moment the McMahons turned heel after saying they want the fans to be happy. One think I observed in nights Raw was how quiet the fans were when Ronda & Lynch were in the ring compared to a few weeks ago.
    It's nice that the focus is on Lynch's journey; maybe my memory fails me but other than Austin the McMahon's power at getting others over is at best debatable as I can't recall many that got over huge due to them.

Austin was well over before Vince got involved. Red hot. Vince takes a lot of credit for Austin and he rightly should but he didn't "make" Austin. "Austin 3:16" was already selling tshirts to beat the band and he was KOTR, intercontinental and tag team champion before he stunned Vince.

Becky was getting over fine before The McMahons jumped in. They've just muddied her ascent now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,144 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The apology was stupid.

why couldn't you just have her interact with Vince straight away at the start of this angle (leaving HHH and Steph out)?

why bother having Becky cede to HHH/Steph? why must the talent bow to their masters? why? who is it good for? it makes me want the Authority to get off my screen, and it makes the hero look like a fúcking chump, just like it always has.

learn to book babyfaces you fúcking morons.

also, why bother with that fúcking line of thought where Vince goes 'you think you're bigger than WWE'? why are they obsessed with their stars being subservient to the Authority? why are they so fúcking paranoid that their stars might actually be stars, who might actually transcend the company?

i do like the Vince/Charlotte tandem though.

if this is just to get through Fastlane with a 'winner goes to Wrestlemania' stip, then I can live with it. anything else, and they can go fúck themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Nal wrote: »
    Austin was well over before Vince got involved. Red hot. Vince takes a lot of credit for Austin and he rightly should but he didn't "make" Austin. "Austin 3:16" was already selling tshirts to beat the band and he was KOTR, intercontinental and tag team champion before he stunned Vince.

Becky was getting over fine before The McMahons jumped in. They've just muddied her ascent now.

Well I never said Vince made Austin.....just that he's the only one I can think of who truly benefited from a feud with the McMahon's.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

One thing I noticed last night was the difference between Becky and Finn when it comes to talking. In their backstage bit, Becky came across relaxed and sure when talking to an old friend, oozing confidence, whereas Finn stuggled trying to make it natural and it came across as rehearsed and staged.

Is becky going to go through a 'raise hell' spell now, setting out to ruin everything for the mcmahons/charlotte/ronda? would love for her to interfere in the ronda match sunday with ruby coming out as a shock winner. Even if its for a very short reign.

Thought it was unfair to ruby on a number of occassions last night. Having the becky/ronda promo on whilst she was wrestling Nikki was disrespectful and then constantly referring to the wrestlemania match as Ronda's, despite the two of them fighting for the belt this sunday was also poor form. at least add in the the possibility for an upset win.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't mind Charlotte's inclusion as it actually plays well into the story of Becky originally snapping on Charlotte for taking her spotlight. (Not that I think they planned it this way, like most things they lucked into that situation) I would also have more faith in a triple threat delivering a quality match than I do a Ronda vs Becky singles match.

What did annoy me was Becky apologizing to Hunter and Steph. Essentially she sold out right there in front of everybody, including all of the fans that were chanting for her NOT to apologize. I was sure we were going to get her saying sorry...then a pause...and then 'sorry Hunter I'm not a sell-out like you are' or something along those lines. At least then if they had taken away her spot following that it would have made sense and the fans would have been on her side over it.

Instead last night was about the McMahons. You were left wondering, 'why is Vince going against his daughter and son-in-law? Why are they in conflict?' It should be about the people in the match rather than the authority figures. In the long run Becky will win at Mania and screw over the McMahons in the process but it's quite revealing that to them, in order to be a proper star you have to get one over on a McMahon rather than a wrestler. Shows where they feel the real star power is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'm a huge Balor fan but I really don't think he should talk ever

Instead last night was about the McMahons. You were left wondering, 'why is Vince going against his daughter and son-in-law? Why are they in conflict?' It should be about the people in the match rather than the authority figures. In the long run Becky will win at Mania and screw over the McMahons in the process but it's quite revealing that to them, in order to be a proper star you have to get one over on a McMahon rather than a wrestler. Shows where they feel the real star power is.

It's been the same for years. I think I'm actually becoming immune to it at this point as every single year Triple H, Steph, Vince, Shane or some combination/split of the four have to shoehorn their way into the main angle.

It was documented earlier today but HHH/Steph just had to be up against Rousey last year.

Had to fight Rollins.
    Before that it was to attempt to get Reigns over (failed, HHH was cheered while Reigns was booed out of the building)
    He fought Sting and won.
    Had to fight Lesnar and win at Mania (only him, Taker, Cena and Reigns have one on one victories over Lesnar since he returned, and only two of those were clean)
    Before that it was DB and Triple H in the first match

Two matches with Taker
    The list is endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I don't know why they had Becky apologise when Vince was gonna do what he was gonna do

Why not have Vince interrupt her as she's about to say it, or contemplating saying it

That way Becky doesn't back down

It's like kicking someone in the goolies only to then pull them off with tweezers

Necro wrote: »
    It's been the same for years. I think I'm actually becoming immune to it at this point as every single year Triple H, Steph, Vince, Shane or some combination/split of the four have to shoehorn their way into the main angle.

It was documented earlier today but HHH/Steph just had to be up against Rousey last year.

Had to fight Rollins.
    Before that it was to attempt to get Reigns over (failed, HHH was cheered while Reigns was booed out of the building)
    He fought Sting and won.
    Had to fight Lesnar and win at Mania (only him, Taker, Cena and Reigns have one on one victories over Lesnar since he returned, and only two of those were clean)
    Before that it was DB and Triple H in the first match

Two matches with Taker
    The list is endless.

Goldberg too but your point still stands. The McMahons will be all over TV in the run up to Mania. I get its a family run business but Becky vs Ronda is a strong enough angle by itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

first time in couple of weeks ive seen people animated about raw :D:D .vince did say he would shake things up :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

What on Earth is going on with Ambrose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

What on Earth is going on with Ambrose.

think they tried to push the "my friend is sick and im going into nervous breakdown over it"(gas mask,sick people in crowds,people not being responsible segment) but with all AWE/ronda/ambrose leaving gossip they stopped that storyline as people didnt get it.would say they will have him up against new NXT recruits but due to Lars Sullivan not showing they are trying to fit him in anywhere they can

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Make her say sorry but then she has her chance taken away anyway.

I don't agree with her looking bad for saying sorry, I could get if they waited a week to make the suspension but they did it straight away.

Remember,.HHH said to her on Smackdown that she was scared, she was looking for an excuse to get out of fighting Ronda by not seeing doctors. Her going to the doctors after initially resisting, then saying sorry after taking time to think it over proved him wrong and was supposed to set her back on path to the match she earned. It would be idiotic to refuse to say sorry for doing things that she shouldn't have done. Then she got screwed anyway.

Now from a story POV she can do what she wants without any regrets as a role model as it was put to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** me Vince looks old

I can imagine the amount of stress esp at his age is not good. Prob still fit as he still workouts daily but he's not looking healthy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement