Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Will Vince tell her you cant compete if you dont see the doctor, because we care, they care, you simply becky, you simply gotta work within the system speech so we finish with the becky lynch stunner

She's already slapped the taste out of Stephanie & Triple H's mouths respectively, Vince presumably to be on the end of a slap on RAW, Shane to follow suit on Smackdown.

There's only one remaining McMahon who could talk Becky into seeing the doctor..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There's only one remaining McMahon who could talk Becky into seeing the doctor..

Ha, yeah its that big of a problem, im sure Trump would understand her taking a few hours off to talk Becky into seeing the doctor

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Do you guys think we see Austin pre-Mania in a segment with Becky?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »

At this particular fork in the road, and all the McMahons confronting Becky, I wouldn't be surprised if Austin did show up at some point.

I dont know, i wouldnt think so but as lithium says, it wouldnt surprise me, i was actually thinking of ways they could involve him over the last couple of weeks, and maybe make him special guest referee or ringside enforcer, in the mania match to even up the mcmahon family who might be at ringside, not wanting her to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm a fan but even I'm getting a little worn out now. If I was a suspicious person I might think they're trying to burn fans out on her before Mania to make people more receptive to a Charlotte win. If I was suspicious...

Becky to stunner him before cracking open cans of Dutch Gold.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't think they're trying to burn out the fans tbh. They're doing what they always do with something that is over.

Use whoever is in the situation to sell themselves.

John Cena, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Seth Rollins, Ronda Rousey, Brock Lesnar, Kevin Owens, Becky Lynch.... The list is endless.

They want Steph personally involved in the First Ever Women's Main Event at Mania. That's the end goal, and they'll wreck everyone involved and ruin the spectacle with daft overhyping.

Because the McMahons go over before anyone else - it's rule number 1 in their playbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's unlikely, but I like this train of thought I saw on r/sc

But imagine if Becky didn't show up?

You have Becky outsmarting The Authority who are probably going to trap her in some way, and it would help build anticipation for her actual appearances on Raw, since there's still what 8 of them left until Wrestlemania

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's unlikely, but I like this train of thought I saw on r/sc

But imagine if Becky didn't show up?

You have Becky outsmarting The Authority who are probably going to trap her in some way, and it would help build anticipation for her actual appearances on Raw, since there's still what 8 of them left until Wrestlemania

They’d do well to have her off TV for a few weeks tbh. It would reignite things if she reappeared a few weeks from Mania. Have her ruled out of Mania on medical grounds then fight her way back early, destroying Charlotte, Ronda and everyone else until she’s put back in the match. They may go that way yet but I’m not holding out hope.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea suspend her till at least after Fastlane , Then you can have a match at Fastlane where the winner faces Rhonda at WM(which is won by Charlotte). Then have Charlotte being endorsed by The Authority for the one to take down Rhonda at WM. You see Becky arriving backstage taking out anyone in her way to get to the ring and all hell breaks loose.

Or maybe go with a similar lead up to the HBK/HHH match at Summerslam 02

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Anyone watching live tonight? I'm just landing home at start time and prepping myself for night shifts the next two nights so will likely watch the first hour....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

will be watching as usual.will be interesting to see how becky fairs out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ill just watch the highlight video at lunch tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 85,519 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nia, Charlotte or Ronda to take out Becky this week?

The McMahons will do that just fine by themselves.

I'd actually not mind Nia being involved and providing some form of resolution to that storyline aside from her being eliminated at the Rumble.

Becky has gone all out for Ronda but it was Nia who attacked her that caused this 'injury'.

Nia who busted her face up and cost her the first match.

I'd go all out, book her against Nia for Fastlane and maybe even put the Rumble shot on the line while selling the injury issue.

But they likely won't cos how do you work Charlotte into that storyline :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I wonder if Lynch will wear the brace on her right knee this week seeing as that was the one she supposedly injured at the Rumble.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I wonder if Lynch will wear the brace on her right knee this week seeing as that was the one she supposedly injured at the Rumble.

To be fair, she wont know which knee was injured until she sees the doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Emmm Becky is kind of a bitch here, no?

I'm.... hugely confused Ted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The women's revolution seems stronger than ever. Opening Raw again

A bit confused about the Becky thing. Shes hardly injured again and will back out. Charlotte will be brought into this no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

It's a bit silly, they're going full Austin....

Liked the I'll batter your old man bit tho!

nazmoalex wrote:
    It's a bit silly, they're going full Austin....

Maybe he'll come out and stun Steph :pac: I'll find out in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Samoan Slaughter House... Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Necro wrote: »
    Maybe he'll come out and stun Steph :pac: I'll find out in the morning

Just delighted they started with that promo... not worth staying up for the rest of it.

A two month build was always gonna be tricky but I hoped they would've had better filler than this HHH/Steph/Becky stuff. Becky/Ronda has largely been great but this side-story is just crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

jesus vince ya prick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I love thumps up/down ratio on this video though.

Tamina Snuka looks more like Michael Jackson with every passing week...

Michael_Jackson_2_CR_Dmitry_Korobeinikov_Ria_Novosti.jpg?referer=Nostalgie&w=390&h=293

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, I don't hate the show long story. I appreciate the way they are giving Becky a legit story, and I think they handled it really well. The interactions with the people backstage, Ronda selling the fact saying sorry to keep the match isn't too high a price to pay. I enjoyed it all.

I do feel they forced Charlotte into the match in the most antagonistic way possible. They probably hope that gives her "heat", and at least they have the awareness to realize the crowd will HATE this path.

The only thing keeping me from really getting annoyed right now is the hope that they book Becky vs Charlotte at Fastlane, winner faces Ronda. If they book a "If Becky wins, she's re-added", I'll be more frustrated. But I can appreciate, for now, that booking a 10 week build for Becky vs Ronda where neither actually fight each other requires "creativity" sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement