Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I don't know who the ****ebag is though - Cole or McMahon in his ear? I mean the half assed effort of how they were presented had Vince all over it.

Cole is actually not bad when he's left alone. When Vince is not in his ear. There's proof of that in some of the shows done for the network where Vince wasn't producing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    Cole's introductory line for him...

Did HHH (who was a face this week) not introduce them?
    You can blame Cole or the crowd but to me the tepid reaction to them was a sobering reminder that just cause people have the WWE Network like any other online service that doesn't mean they watch it religiously.
    It's one of the setbacks of having 5 hours on TV every week as well as 4 hour ppv's. I'm a wrestling fan but can't be committed to watching all of what WWE do.

I don't know who looked worse with this, couldn't help but search for it after John Pollock mentioned it.

https://twitter.com/RealMarkOutHK/status/1097745407809974272?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The fans were flat, but nothing exactly happened to get them out of their seats, it was known before the show that the nxt stars were backstage, so they already knew they were there and would probably be appearing for no reason at all, the rest of the show was the usual nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

of course the fans are flat.

you can't have a fúcking awful show, many weeks in a row, and expect the crowd to give a shít all of a sudden just because you bring up a few NXT guys.

fans are conditioned to believe that nothing that is put in front of them matters. just on this show alone, they told you that Corbin's win on Sunday meant fúck all as he just got jobbed back out. what the fúck is the point?

nothing matters.
    wins don't.
    losses don't.
    beat downs don't.
    working over a body part doesn't even matter most of the time.
    what happened yesterday doesn't, as even if your hero got destroyed, they'll come out the next night with a smile on their fúcking face and not a blemish to speak of.

i don't blame the fans one bit for not giving a shít. they've been conditioned that way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

SlickRic wrote: »
    of course the fans are flat.

you can't have a fúcking awful show, many weeks in a row, and expect the crowd to give a shít all of a sudden just because you bring up a few NXT guys.

fans are conditioned to believe that nothing that is put in front of them matters. just on this show alone, they told you that Corbin's win on Sunday meant fúck all as he just got jobbed back out. what the fúck is the point?

nothing matters.
    wins don't.
    losses don't.
    beat downs don't.
    working over a body part doesn't even matter most of the time.
    what happened yesterday doesn't, as even if your hero got destroyed, they'll come out the next night with a smile on their fúcking face and not a blemish to speak of.

i don't blame the fans one bit for not giving a shít. they've been conditioned that way now.

The more I think about it the more I think that Lafayette crowd were probably the realest crowd we've seen in years. How Vince introduced those NXT guys last night was embarrassing, and almost done with contempt. So yeah I'd agree that they didn't see anything to pop them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Surely Gargano and Ciampa should've been given singles matches since they're the only singles champions on the entire brand? Also, weren't they attempting to maim each other as recently as 6 months ago? Should've waited at least a couple of years before teaming them back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lately I find myself thinking Vince is more right about wrestling than smarks would like us to believe.

It's one thing to impress a bunch of fanatics in some dimly lit bingo hall who salivate about workrate and stars, it's quite another to impress the masses. The ordinary Joe Soaps that live on your road, and who decide to take the kid to a wrestling show because they remember the charismatic guys they used to see when they were young.

These people don't want a bunch of flippy, sub-6 ft, average looking guys that they wouldn't look twice at if they saw them walk past in an airport. They want larger-than-life personalities that have some star power, plus the ability to talk.

I like Ricochet but that promo last night after Balor walked off...talk about a deer in the headlights. And then a skit about Kevin Owens eating popcorn like some out of shape dad from a US sitcom ffs. So he's Doug from King of Queens? I want top, world class athletes on my screen not a chap that looks like any randomer at the cinema. Talk about going backwards from the days of Mr Perfect. (And if the idea is that these skits are meant to be the antithesis of those Perfect skits, it's dumb because it doesn't make Owens look like a star. Do it for some low-level card guy if you must, not a former champion).

WWE needs to stop indulging these smarks before they kill off their business. No wonder ratings are falling and they're having to tarp off arenas. Give us something special. What I'd give for a Brock vs Batista feud, or even Brock vs Lashley - which should have happened immediately after Lashley debuted. I want athletic, larger-than-life figures who look like badassees, not a bunch of spot monkeys risking serious injury to impress Dave Meltzer.

WWE needs to stop indulging these smarks before they kill off their business. No wonder ratings are falling and they're having to tarp off arenas. Give us something special. What I'd give for a Brock vs Batista feud, or even Brock vs Lashley - which should have happened immediately after Lashley debuted. I want athletic, larger-than-life figures who look like badassees, not a bunch of spot monkeys risking serious injury to impress Dave Meltzer.

I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bingo halls, work-rate, smarks, the business, spot monkeys, Meltzer.

Almost a bingo, just missed out on vanilla midgets.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not sure I agree completely with MNG's assessment tbh, but there are large elements of truth in it.

Wrestling's most successful periods didn't have high flyers dominating the main event scene - that's a fact.

Though what is missed sorely these days as much if not moreso are compelling storylines throughout the card. Not just two stories running concurrently and the rest running 50/50 booking in the mire of the midcard.

At the heights there were plots and stories for all titles - Hardcore, European, Intercontinental, Women's, Tag Team, Light Heavyweight, World Heavyweight. Stuff that was enjoyable throughout the card.

They have a far deeper and arguably more talented roster pool these days and cannot book anything outside of the main event scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So after beating EC3 in his first match last week, Dean loses quickly to Drew this week. I think EC3 will go to Smackdown, assuming these 4 are Raw guys and not switching like the other call ups.
    Any update on Lars?

I pretty much skipped Sasha and Bayley when I started hearing the way they were going on.

So will Johnny Gargano start using the name "Johnny Raw" now? Though I guess that could be seen as a bit of an oxymoron. :pac:

I'll get my coat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So after beating EC3 in his first match last week, Dean loses quickly to Drew this week. I think EC3 will go to Smackdown, assuming these 4 are Raw guys and not switching like the other call ups.
    Any update on Lars?

I pretty much skipped Sasha and Bayley when I started hearing the way they were going on.

So will Johnny Gargano start using the name "Johnny Raw" now? Though I guess that could be seen as a bit of an oxymoron. :pac:

I'll get my coat.

I don’t think these were permanent call ups just a glimpse to freshen Raw up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I prefer this Ambrose but he will be gone in a few weeks

the Raw after mania will have feck all surprises going by the way big NXT stars are appearning now ???

a fresh start should mean that Brock goes away for a long while (he could work some sort of legends deal and not be in the title picture) and Rollins takes the title

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What if any, is the point of Lacey Evans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What if any, is the point of Lacey Evans?

It’s kinda like a 2019 version of a vignette

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I've seen reports that when Ronda leaves(when is she leaving do we know ?)that the women's division will be built around Becky and charlotte(no issues whatsoever there) and Lacey Evans as the big three ?

The few nxt matches I've seen her in she's certainly got potential and may be one day but not now. I mean there are many other women on the roster that are more experienced and better in ring. You have asuka, bayley, I suppose Sasha although her longevity questions won't help her, alexa, Mandy rose, Sonya, the llconics and many more.

Mandy rose is the most improved wrestler I've seen. She isn't falling into the blond wrestler who just looks pretty of days gone by. She's Eva Marie with a willingness to learn to wrestle.

I think Sonya should be given a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Mandy is a lot better than I thought she was. I think Lacey’s personal background as the former marine, all American, working mom may be seen as an advantage from a marketing point of view.

But then she's a heel. At least she was in NXT.

And now she's doing the Y2J routine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But then she's a heel. At least she was in NXT.

And now she's doing the Y2J routine

Good point though god knows that could change overnight.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just posted it in the news I mean surely not a chance of a mania match

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    Just posted it in the news I mean surely not a chance of a mania match

I reckon it’s almost a lock that he will be back for Mania. Even a tag match. Otherwise they’d hold off his announcement until after mania.

So do they boo him for old time's sake like Cena and Angle? :)

I'd say it's the Seth segment to give him something to do. A week after dean acts like the previous weeks never happened. Reunion?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm not going to boo him...for one month. Sorry Big Dog, it's the best I can do.

Fingers crossed for him. Hoping it's great news.

I doubt he'd be back that soon, then again he just said in October his Leukemia had returned, we'll know Tuesday morning either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How bad is it that the have to use cancer to try and get a pop in the ratings.

How bad is it that the have to use cancer to try and get a pop in the ratings.

Or there letting him announce to the world he kicked cancers ass and is back. I honestly don’t see what’s wrong with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hope it's good news

It could just come back and do a short promo with Seth. Ambrose prob get involved in some capacity

They would Hardly have Roman involved in any physical stuff ??

I was expecting him too come back at mania and celebrate with Rollins and Ambrose will come out and we will have a final Shield moment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement