Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So now Steph turns to Charlotte to replace the injured/suspended Becky, until she is cleared to make it a triple threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

For all our worries about them not going all in on becky letting her beat up steph something only ronda has done in years shows there confidant with the beckster

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Poor Elias what did he do to deserve to be put in with those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

nannerby wrote: »
    Poor Elias what did he do to deserve to be put in with those two.

He got himself over

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I really think all Becky's talk of "you're not taking this from me" and "another daddy's girl being given everything" is hen turning what everyone thinks will happen (charlotte being added) into a storyline and in the end Becky will over come the odds to get the one on one match she deserves!

or am I being Naive! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Ambrose must be leaving.

If it's a work their doing absolutely nothing with it.
    Mid card comedy is what he's been reduced to on the way out

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I looked up the opening segment and strangely I didn't disagree with Steph. She wasn't being unreasonable in a logical way. The punches from Becky bar the first one were Shane Mcmahon level crap. Also, Ronda might be a very good wrestler but she really is god awful at promos. "I'm a professional" And ? Ahmed johnson and Scott Steiner weren't that bad and having re watched some 1997 wwe on the network Ahmed was apparently speaking english and he wasn't as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Officer999 wrote: »
    Ambrose must be leaving.

If it's a work their doing absolutely nothing with it.
    Mid card comedy is what he's been reduced to on the way out

They're planning something with Dean I suspect.

Do feel theres something up with ambrose normally theyll eithier completly job them out or never to be seen again. i think i seen hes on axxess at mania too which is strange again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I get what they are doing of course but the whole if your not medically cleared to compete / your jeopardizing the first women's main event stuff... Mania is 2 months away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Jesus Angle can barely hop down from the apron to floor these days and he looks like hes one German suplex away from a heart attack.

Love him but time to pack it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

despite the strange segments with ambrose and angle, im at least curious to see what they're going to do with it.

I understand they want to build up a story for ronda/becky for the next two months but I really hope Stephanie does not feature prominently. in the backstage bit with becky/ronda, I missed what becky whispered/mouthed to herself, anyone catch that?

The Nal wrote: »
    Jesus Angle can barely hop down from the apron to floor these days and he looks like hes one German suplex away from a heart attack.

Love him but time to pack it in.

Even him entering in the rumble he looked ****ed. I'm like you I'm a fan of the guy but how he got cleared to compete WWE this time around I'll never know. He's really red in the face and just in general look well.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Angle,Undertaker,Michaels,Road dog the last few months have been terrible watching some of the all time greats hobbling and stumbling around the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

TimesArrow wrote: »
    I understand they want to build up a story for ronda/becky for the next two months but I really hope Stephanie does not feature prominently. in the backstage bit with becky/ronda, I missed what becky whispered/mouthed to herself, anyone catch that?

"go take a adirol and man up"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When Ronda came back to Becky, did she say "ice and advil"?

What's with not letting EC3 speak on a mike? Though seemed he didn't have to say too much to impress Alexa.
    Seems she's moved into more of a tweener role now.

Actually looking forward to Curt Hawkins' first win.

After she gets a decent showing in the Rumble, Lacey is nowhere to be seen.

Don't think Kurt got the response he expected when he mentioned his son. Meant as a joke, I'd say, but crashed and burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

CastorTroy wrote: »
    W

Don't think Kurt got the response he expected when he mentioned his son. Meant as a joke, I'd say, but crashed and burned.

Because it was the worst storyline since the gobbledy gooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Think rolling out the legends is a result off WWE failing to get people over in the mainstream. Seth Rollins, Aj Styles as examples of people who are over with the fans, but casual viewers know nothing about. Anytime i meet someone and they know i like wrestling, the main feedback i get is, i used to love it but they hace no charcaters anymore. Arleast nowadays they have added some coloyr to their gear, fpr years everyone was sporting black. Just made things as lifeless as their cookie cutter promos.

The EC3 thing is interesting, maybe they are taking away his strongest assest , his character, in hope of improving him in ring. They did it with batista when he started with devon , covered him in a suit, to hid his strongest assest, his body.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

nannerby wrote:
    Angle,Undertaker,Michaels,Road dogg the last few months have been terrible watching some of the all time greats hobbling and stumbling around the ring.

The other 3 yeah but Road Dogg couldn't be mistaken as an all time great by anyone even if they were blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

ERG89 wrote: »
    The other 3 yeah but Road Dogg couldn't be mistaken as an all time great by anyone even if they were blind.

Oh you didnt know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I’m pretty sure I’ve said this on here before but I’ve no major issue with them seemingly putting Charlotte in with Becky and Ronda. Yeah I’d prefer a 1 v 1 but Charlotte has delivered when asked over the last while and helped Becky get to where she is now.

I do think they have to have Becky standing tall at the end of the match though. It’s her time this year and the only logical outcome of their booking of Becky. They can go back to pushing Charlotte later.

I’d prefer the one on one match but I actually think there building to the triple threat great. I mean they need Charlotte to go full as she is a great one

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When Ronda came back to Becky, did she say "ice and advil"?

What's with not letting EC3 speak on a mike? Though seemed he didn't have to say too much to impress Alexa.
    Seems she's moved into more of a tweener role now.

Actually looking forward to Curt Hawkins' first win.

After she gets a decent showing in the Rumble, Lacey is nowhere to be seen.

She had a match for Main event with Nattie before raw started from looking at reports from fans there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    She had a match for Main event with Nattie before raw started from looking at reports from fans there.

So nowhere to be seen. :) Didn't even realise Main Event was still a thing.

For Becky, I think Charlotte will be there to take the pin to give Becky the Mania moment, then Charlotte will get the honour of being the first to beat Ronda at SummerSlam.

Ruby/Ronda for EC?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

J. Marston wrote: »

From the Smackdown thread...
    Necro wrote: »
    Nah, Vince will have to get his moment in the ring with her too :rolleyes:

I agree that this should be what they do, but... they will have to poke and prod at it till it's not as big as it would have been if they left the damn thing alone till after Elimination Chamber at least.

Calling it now, Vince to get punched in the face this Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yeah I'll be skipping that entire segment

Like i said before just give her Austins music, use the stunner and be done with it, they are steadily killing my interest in this match by trying to recreate an Austin like rivalry that simply isnt there, that was magical, this definitely wont be.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Like i said before just give her Austins music, use the stunner and be done with it, they are steadily killing my interest in this match by trying to recreate an Austin like rivalry that simply isnt there, that was magical, this definitely wont be.

WWE rehashing something they've done before, well I never.

• Advertisement

Will Vince tell her you cant compete if you dont see the doctor, because we care, they care, you simply becky, you simply gotta work within the system speech so we finish with the becky lynch stunner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement