Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    These three replies are interesting to me. Very similar. All going with the vibe of maybe we shouldnt but whatever. Like wolves who'd prefer to keep their chance at an extra team mate alive but noncomittal and wishy washy so they cant be called on it later. Maybe Mary less so than Vernon and Oisin.

Interesting Wendy that you didn't include your own post...
    It is ****ty for the player but it depends on how the want to go out. On their own terms in a blaze of glorious self sacrifice, or turned evil and eating their own.

Anyway, it's an idea and it's out there. Sorry Boromir.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    If you delight in the game though (reflect on this) you have no interest in such things. No need to know these things precisely, just watch it play out and forego control.

We?

Trying to see what angles a wolf team may take is fun. If we all watch how things play out nodody says or does anything! Sounds like an eye for an eye eventually leaves everybody blind?! If you want to take wait and see then fair enough but everybody has their methods. People saying nothing may be wolves or RVs trying to lay low, but they each have their reasons for playing that way.

We... As in the Village we! We decide if talking mechanics is a wolf tactic. We decide how to interpret what a person says... not sure what you were implying ?!:confused:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Trying to see what angles a wolf team may take is fun. If we all watch how things play out nodody says or does anything! Sounds like an eye for an eye eventually leaves everybody blind?! If you want to take wait and see then fair enough but everybody has their methods. People saying nothing may be wolves or RVs trying to lay low, but they each have their reasons for playing that way.
    Of that I have no doubt.

We... As in the Village we! We decide if talking mechanics is a wolf tactic. We decide how to interpret what a person says... not sure what you were implying ?!:confused:
    Nothing about you perhaps, a personal fact.

Hmmm... That is interesting. I’m not sure how I would read that. It would be a better power for the baddies if they could fake poison themselves.

However, if we looked at it from that point of view, anybody poisoned (fake/real) would be effectively telling team Lee who is not on team eye. That would actually help team lee on that level... I’m not sure what to think on that....

Really then the question is if they can fake poison themselves or not because if not as you said with each poisoning we learn who is not on that team, but maybe the mods have thought of this and as such allow them to fake position their own?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Interesting Wendy that you didn't include your own post...

I've several posts in favour of it Vernon. You have few enough saying anything.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Well friends, I'll be heading home now, I'm already too involved.

Don't take it too seriously and have a quiet ale if you can.

Merry Dol!

Holly WW wrote: »

Nothing about you perhaps, a personal fact.

Ah ok, I think I understand what you meant.
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    Really then the question is if they can fake poison themselves or not because if not as you said with each poisoning we learn who is not on that team, but maybe the mods have thought of this and as such allow them to fake position their own?

I’m not sure how to resolve this. Only team eye know the mechanic and as I think frank said, if we keep talking mechanics we could end up going in circles. I think the key thing is to just be mindful that we don’t know if they can choose their own team and watch out for people making connections confidently. I think saying on thread keeps team eye a bit on their toes, especially if they had come up with a strategy that One of us might of mentioned on thread. They know we are looking out for angles they may take, no harm in that....

I suppose Our seer could also peek a chosen fake villager if they hadn’t somebody in mind so it could be a risky play early doors....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Holly WW has left the game.

“Say rather that the Ring has no power over him. He is his own master. But he cannot alter the Ring itself, nor break its power over others. And now he is withdrawn into a little land, within bounds that he has set, though none can see them, waiting perhaps for a change of days, and he will not step beyond them.”

Holly WW was Tom Bombadil - Neutral Party to all matters concerning the One Ring and those that wish to seek or destroy it.

latest?cb=20100109145729

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Well there goes my Holly is Gollum theory

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Left as in dead or left as in doing some cool backroom stuff in secret

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I've no idea what that means....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Left as in dead or left as in doing some cool backroom stuff in secret

Tom doesn't die. So just left the game I'd assume. Not to return, and not to get involved with the affairs of man, elves, dwarves and hobbits.

Cant be lynched anyways

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Holly was weird, her leaving the game is weird. It's all very weird!

Film only viewers will now be very confused! :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Can someone explain how talking for pages on the cult mechanics helps us catch wolves? As far as I can tell it's just giving people an easy excuse to post about game mechanics without actually contributing.

I think that's unfair to throw everyone into that category Brendan. There have actually been a few topics touched upon today. It is important for us to make sense of how the game works, that way we will be best positioned to spot possible strategies developing.

For instance, the Boromir thing which has been covered a fair bit - He could be quite an asset to Team Sauron as a full Nazgul convert if they find him. It was interesting to see the different reactions to how various players felt about how we should handle that earlier. Some people were weighing up the pros and cons, some were against it, some were actively trying to coax him out to a reveal. The likes of all that, for me, can possibly throw up a lead or two to follow.

I know you implied that you have to leave now, but when you come back can you answer, did you bring anything yourself to the table today which wasn't any of the chat you are giving out about? I don't mean that in a bitchy way, just even throw out a productive line while making a complaint. Eg: "FFS lads, enough of the game mechanics, what about the other 10+ roles in the game?"

It's Day 1 with absolutely no actions in the game yet, we're just trying to work with what we can.

Him/Her being described as neutral is interesting, ive no idea what to make of it.

Holly give me stuff if your not dead dead

Well scratch that last part I said about 'no actions yet', haha Tom Bombabil. This game dared go where the trilogy dared not!

What else could be in store? :pac:

Just about to go back through Holly's posts, but on first thought...flavour character played by one of the mods? Could that be a possibility?

To mannish folk he was always the grey,
    But "becoming" he did in another way,
    Not in time as men see it I suppose,
    Though "mannish" is to him as to you are clothes

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »
    Just about to go back through Holly's posts, but on first thought...flavour character played by one of the mods? Could that be a possibility?

Think so.

Maybe someone designed to provide entertainment as we wait for the events to start tonight?

Necro wrote: »
    Holly WW has left the game.

Holly WW was Tom Bombadil - Neutral Party to all matters concerning the One Ring and those that wish to seek or destroy it.

latest?cb=20100109145729

Oh yeh, I forgot this is a Necro game.... I no longer feel silly for not knowing what’s going on! :pac:

Anything’s possible with Holly folks!!!

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Film only viewers will now be very confused! :D

Prey do share.... I don’t intend on reading the hobbit !

Frank WW wrote: »

Only if somebody pulled out at the last minute, as the number of anon accounts ties in with the number of sign-ups.

Also, wouldn't surprise me if Angus or Fiona turned up soon....

I've several posts in favour of it Vernon. You have few enough saying anything.

I said what I thought on the matter, it's not my fault that it took you several posts to come to the same conclusion which is only bomir can decide what's best to do for himself

So, are we gonna do FFAs then?

Prey do share.... I don’t intend on reading the hobbit !

Nothing to do with The Hobbit. Tom Bombadil was a character in the Lord of the Rings books, who the hobbits ran in to early on their journey, shortly after leaving Hobbiton and before arriving to Bree (where they met up with Aragorn). He's a sort of whimsical character, doesn't add anything to the story itself (which is why he was cut from the films), is a bit of a mystery about what he actually is as he's the only character the Ring has absolutely no effect on, and who does not want to get involved in the battle against Sauron.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Ahh Tom the marmite of the books. I'd swear people were either raging he was left out of the movies or thought you was a terrible bollix. The reveal that Holly was he however does not make me lean any which way on anyone however. Confused about whats going on in a Necro game.. Blame Necro! there that feels better

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Nothing to do with The Hobbit. Tom Bombadil was a character in the Lord of the Rings books, who the hobbits ran in to early on their journey, shortly after leaving Hobbiton and before arriving to Bree (where they met up with Aragorn). He's a sort of whimsical character, doesn't add anything to the story itself (which is why he was cut from the films), is a bit of a mystery about what he actually is as he's the only character the Ring has absolutely no effect on, and who does not want to get involved in the battle against Sauron.

Does Tom Bombadil make any reappearances in the trilogy, or was that early scene his only?

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    So, are we gonna do FFAs then?

I have a tentative three. Available to post whenever the consensus says we should.

Advertisement