Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I have no feelings about Conor and Frank
    Though I admit I hold many in that rank.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    What’s with Mary Poppins?

Sherry Bobbins

Conor WW wrote: »
    Do tell

Ok, so you know those that may be converted may not immediatly act different or change their posting style. right?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Phil wrote:
    When you were typing out that sentence, did you stop and think how suspicious minds could possibly see an anterior motive to it?

For what reason...cause I'm actually him sending the message to the wolves?

Nope, I didn't think of that at all but that would be quite cheeky and potentially brilliant.:D

Still though...look at my posts outside of that, I'm someone debating the pros and cons of lynching Boromir before they even get that chance to convert him. Also, I stated earlier that I'm not Boromir. To then follow that up with a possible message contradicting that fact, it would be shít signals to be sending to any wolves I wanted to hear me.

If I was Boromir, I'd be noping the hell out, lying low or coming out hard against talk about lynching Boromir. I've done none of that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    2. Frank - Hell, I like Phils thinking. Its a good spot and Ill commit to it (unlike Conor). Franks trying to single a conversion by the bad guys here in my eyes.

tenor.gif?itemid=3915566

Upside, I've got my three names now.

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »
    For what reason...cause I'm actually him sending the message to the wolves?

Nope, I didn't think of that at all but that would be quite cheeky and potentially brilliant.:D

Still though...look at my posts outside of that, I'm someone debating the pros and cons of lynching Boromir before they even get that chance to convert him. Also, I stated earlier that I'm not Boromir. To then follow that up with a possible message contradicting that fact, it would be shít signals to be sending to any wolves I wanted to hear me.

If I was Boromir, I'd be noping the hell out, lying low or coming out hard against talk about lynching Boromir. I've done none of that.

Players will do anything to win, even doing things that they claim they wouldnt.

Whos to say what a Wolf/Baddie would or wouldnt do.

You and everyone else is capable of anything.

Well there goes the idea of all declaring FFAs at the same time.

FFS. That's why I was pessimistic, there's just too many variables in order for it to work.

Now there's an early wagon developing on me over some very hollow reasoning. A few people jumping on it very easily. Conor in out of nowhere for example. Another is Barbara, who thanked your "6.30 for FFA post" and then went and broke the whole thing in a reply to that post.

That was just an accident of course.

Phil WW wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=3915566

Upside, I've got my three names now.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Ok, so you know those that may be converted may not immediatly act different or change their posting style. right?

Of course, they do in Wendy's hypothetical which is why I mention it, and its most important and easiest to catch if he's been converted and still alive at lylo, if he converts and can still look like a villager after spending a few days on both sides then fair play but most players can't do that. Its especially apparent in an Alpha situation like this where Boro suddenly finds out the identity of Sauron and the Witch King but has to try not treat them differently and its in his interests to keep them alive too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

FFS. That's why I was pessimistic, there's just too many variables in order for it to work.

Now there's an early wagon developing on me over some very hollow reasoning. A few people jumping on it very easily. Conor in out of nowhere for example. Another is Barbara, who thanked your "6.30 for FFA post" and then went and broke the whole thing in a reply to that post.

That was just an accident of course.

Why the mention of me and not Phil, given he was the first to call it out. And there's no wagon, you're top of my list alright but that means very little this early in the day

It is hollow reasoning but would you not think at this stage in the game, with zero kills its a very suspicious post to make

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Of course, they do in Wendy's hypothetical which is why I mention it, and its most important and easiest to catch if he's been converted and still alive at lylo, if he converts and can still look like a villager after spending a few days on both sides then fair play but most players can't do that. Its especially apparent in an Alpha situation like this where Boro suddenly finds out the identity of Sauron and the Witch King but has to try not treat them differently and its in his interests to keep them alive too.

Or:

Gets converted, find the person he's been hounding is a baddie and keeps hounding them to gain village points. Doubly so if they get lynched and roles are revealed.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Or:

Gets converted, find the person he's been hounding is a baddie and keeps hounding them to gain village points. Doubly so if they get lynched and roles are revealed.

And in that scenario, no one acts differently. Its flawed Conor.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Hello everybody, I am here now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Do we know how many Uruk Hai we've got? It's a singular and plural, so if someone knows the balancing maths based on player numbers, it might be nice to have a guesstimate. My own attempt at a calculation had us at 1 UH and it being slightly against the village in balance terms, but that's without knowing what merry and pippin can do it if there are hidden mechanics so it could easily be more.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Why would Borimir come out?

He’s effectively able to win with two teams. I wouldn’t class him team village. I’ve played funny roles where you are on two teams and I felt my job was to do what was best for me. Borimir coming out is a death sentence.

This may come across as wolfy, don’t really care as it’s just common sense and saying what others are refutsing to awknowledge. What is interesting is that the day has been dominated by Borimir talk. What baddy team benefits from This? Just saying......

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

And in that scenario, no one acts differently. Its flawed Conor.

In a Lylo situation as a villager you are literally looking at a fifty fifty village/baddy split in a one wolf team game. If someone's behaviour changes after a munch and a conversion could have happened, they're a safer bet than guessing at random but if no one's behaviour changes you still have the same 1-in-2 chance of hitting a wolf. Moreso in Lylo with 3 villain teams all vying for parity.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Why would Borimir come out?

He’s effectively able to win with two teams. I wouldn’t class him team village. I’ve played funny roles where you are on two teams and I felt my job was to do what was best for me. Borimir coming out is a death sentence.

This may come across as wolfy, don’t really care as it’s just common sense and saying what others are refutsing to awknowledge. What is interesting is that the day has been dominated by Borimir talk. What baddy team benefits from This? Just saying......

Ive been saying it ........ Boromir is playing for Boromir.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

So Boromir will decide for themselves what they plan to do so that conversation has hit a dead end right now.

The all FFA at the same time idea is out the window now too.

So what do we talk about next?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Being a bit dramatic no? One person FFAd you or something!

Also on the specific FFA time, it's nigh on impossible to get people to agree to post at the exact same time. I'll be doing one but I'll be on a motorway at around 6.30.

So Boromir will decide for themselves what they plan to do so that conversation has hit a dead end right now.

One person FFAd, right?

So it doesn't kill the idea at all. Everyone else can still operate with it.

• Advertisement

The FFA thing is flawed, good in theory but was always gonna fail. Ive put my thoughts forward already thus far, even if they arent much I stand by them.

Brendan done one around ten and wanted us to tell him what his reasons were.
    Barbara done one right after she thanked my post saying to do one at 6:30

Btw, 6:30 was just me throwing in a time to see what suited. If it didn’t suit, all you have to do is throw in a time that would and we could all hash out what would suit most.

Btw, 6:30 was just me throwing in a time to see what suited. If it didn’t suit, all you have to do is throw in a time that would and we could all hash out what would suit most.

The Brendan one, I didn't take massively seriously tbh.

The Barbara one was useful in it's own way though. ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Hell Ill do one now,

Babaras #FFA1

1. Conor - Wants to start push for Frank, but doesnt want to do it himself. His "Frank for Lynch?" post looks like a wolf asking the question in order for someone else to lead the wagon on Frank. Id rather him just commit to it first by saying "I like Frank for the Lynch". He didnt do that. Conor for me.

2. Frank - Hell, I like Phils thinking. Its a good spot and Ill commit to it (unlike Conor). Franks trying to single a conversion by the bad guys here in my eyes.

No third

Why am I not on your ****list? I feel left out, you've got an open space and everything.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

It's not the time i have a problem with. This is mental conversation anyway, in most cases about 70% of the village will actually do one. Trying to agree a time is one thing but people can post when they see fit!

Hi Phil, you seem to understand what's going on at least.

latest?cb=20130127055317

What should we talk about before 6.30 then?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    It's not the time i have a problem with. This is mental conversation anyway, in most cases about 70% of the village will actually do one. Trying to agree a time is one thing but people can post when they see fit!

I know. It’s just this lynch first malarkey is all new to me and thought I’d throw an idea into the mix when we had the extra day length. The idea has both a pro and con as bandwagons can be quite telling too.

Why the mention of me and not Phil, given he was the first to call it out. And there's no wagon, you're top of my list alright but that means very little this early in the day

It is hollow reasoning but would you not think at this stage in the game, with zero kills its a very suspicious post to make

Obvious I thought. It was Phil's idea, something he thinks he noticed, the rest of you went with it from what I gathered. However, looking back at the posting times between you and Phil, it's possible you didn't see Phil's post while making your own, so hey it could be your 'original thought' too.

Yeah as I admitted to Phil, I can see after the fact why that sentence would seem suspicious enough for the village to draw attention to it. So I feel stupid now for something which was just 80% throwaway comment, but 20% something I did actually sense from Brendan's posts which I quoted.

But to just leap to 'Yep, Frank is Boromir reaching out to the wolves, that's my FFA done at 1pm' from that is a little too much of a stretch. I don't think you are wolf cause of that though, or at all at the moment. Just read the rest of my posts rather than that one sentence or post if you feel I am bad Boromir.

Barbara's "any of us are capable of anything Frank" however, that is pure fluff reasoning. Sure we could all use that as a defence/offence for or against any accusation in the game. Complete throwaway comment which means nothing. Then there was the committing to Jake's FFA plan and immediately breaking it..."Hell I'll do my FFA now"...spoken as if it was urgently required right then. I'm suss of Barbara, but not Phil or Conor just yet.

For Clodagh and anyone else saying "What wagon Frank?"..When at least 3 posters throw shade on you in a short space of time, and one of them just appeared very shortly before that and his post was simply "Lynch Frank yeah?", you can sniff the smoke of a wagon fire starting to burn.

• Advertisement

Brendan WW wrote: »
    What should we talk about before 6.30 then?

I don’t know :(

Advertisement