Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCsp0-8BhdnFxb8e9eJhcWaWJqtu2FHFgIUvD5peiL1mtluOcY7A

Did you come up with that all by yourself?

I did and typed each name individually on my keyboard using only one finger ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Maybe, but then what are the alternatives for Holly?

I don't think it would be excessive myself, not with such a placid, neutral character as the one Holly/Tom turned out to be. They don't seem to have affected anything really with their posts, just tried to get people talking with some very vague musings and then got out of dodge well before the lynch.

For me, either...

1) By pure luck a player randed Tom Bombadil, a character only book readers will know, played him to perfection and then happily bowed out with no apparent reward.

2) The LOTR-loving mod(s) provided us with a bit of mystery and an action on an otherwise quiet-until-lynch Day 1, and one of them was Tom.

I doubt the mods would design a character to the game that only lasts 1 day, a kick in the teeth to whoever randed the role, especailly if they had been looking forward to playing for weeks, thats if Im reading correctly your point number one.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    I doubt the mods would design a character to the game that only lasts 1 day, a kick in the teeth to whoever randed the role, especailly if they had been looking forward to playing for weeks, thats if Im reading correctly your point number one.

Well it remains to be seen...

It appears a couple of people aren't taking the mod post at face value "because Necro game", and maybe Holly is in a backroom now or could come back to the game later later.

I do not believe that is the case, but if it was, well then the player might not have been dealt such a harsh hand. Not if they're going to be returning to the game later.

However, I feel that whoever Tom/Holly was - mod or player - Tom is definitely gone from the game. I just have to take mod announcements at face value in this game, otherwise my head will be wrecked and I won't get anything done. Your opinion might be different though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Most likely not randed and promised to a player who wanted to join in on the fun but didn't have the time to play a full game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    What do people think of no lynch option?

At least 1/4 shot to hit a baddy and a nights worth of votes is more valuable than an nrv, lynch for sure

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    At least 1/4 shot to hit a baddy and a nights worth of votes is more valuable than an nrv, lynch for sure

Well, hopefully nrv, mean villager

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Or 2 players are playing under 1 acc, remember who is modding :D

Now you've said that you've planted an idea in my mind

It's crazy, but Gollum/Smeagol could be played by under the same account by two different players

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Ho! Tom Bombadil, Tom Bombadillo!
    By water, wood and hill, by the reed and willow,
    By fire, sun and moon, harken now and hear us!
    Come, Tom Bombadil, for our need is near us!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

This Tom stuff is out of our hands and a distraction IMO, Holly is gone possibly never to return whether a mod played account or not, doesn't make much difference.

I'm home early so gonna do a quick read and get my FFA ready, Pity about Holly, thought she was trying to draw a kill with her weird posts and was a simple NRV.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

FFA1

Eva - Reading back over the bomoir conversion this sentence stuck out to me
    Afternoon all, just caught up on the morning's posts

I had considered yesterday whether Boromir should volunteer himself to be lynched, but I said I'd keep quiet on the matter in case I looked like a baddie trying to lynch a villager. I definitely see merit in his self-sacrifice, and if he wants to play for the good of the village then I think he should consider it

A villager shouldn't worry about looking like a baddie for their honest opinion but what eva says looks like the thought process of a baddie, i could be wrong but it immediately stuck out to me when i seen it

Conor - I think conor jumped the gun on frank, although franks post will always give me a niggling doubt whether or not he is bomoir, but how quick conor reacted to it and then faded off when confronted on the matter looks the more guilty party

And my Tolkien third is an outsider compared to the other two

Henry - First post promised to read up soon, that was yesterday, only has 3 posts so will be interesting to see if he makes the 5 posts,

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    FFA1

Eva - Reading back over the bomoir conversion this sentence stuck out to me

A villager shouldn't worry about looking like a baddie for their honest opinion but what eva says looks like the thought process of a baddie, i could be wrong but it immediately stuck out to me when i seen it

Loving the irony of being afraid that I look like a baddie actually making me look like a baddie :D

This is the sum total of Desmond's posts so far
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    The rules state no tasks.

A serious response to an obviously jokey question
    Sauron creates the Wolves so they must know they are created and they will be part of the wolf pack.

Somehow thinks we're talking about wolves in LOTR, not, you know, wolves in a game of Werewolf
    So how would the ring go to team Sauron?

Fair enough question, given the line of conversation at the time
    Frodo will be looking for Sam and Sam knows who Frodo is so he will be signaling to him.

This post ruffled my feathers. A completely baseless statement, with no proof whatsoever. I'm not saying my theories were, or are, waterproof either, but at least I try to explain him. Des doesn't do this, and doesn't respond to any follow-up questions
    When it’s tomorrow at 5pm?

Jokey post on Day 0, fair enough
    They want to lynch me as well and I at a loss as to why.

His one and only post today, responding to being added to someone adding him to an FFA. No follow-up, no attempt to engage in the conversation

Desmond will be top of my FFA. I have a 2nd name as well, 3rd one is a bit trickier, nothing else has really stood out as very wolfy to me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Okay, if we're doing FFAs, here's mine, #FFA1:

Abigail - kinda fluffy posts so far, or just reiterating or rewording what others have said so far to make her look useful.
    Oisin - for his suggestion that if Boromir comes out that we don't lynch him. That's a bad, bad Nelson-shaped idea!

Gabriel, this isn’t directed at you personally but when I click your name and go “find all posts” it brings back zero results. Tried on touch and full site. Don’t think it’s my settings as it works on other players. Could someone try to find all posts by Gabriel, please?

Weird, it just posted before I finished, so to continue...
    Gabriel WW wrote: »

Abigail - kinda fluffy posts so far, or just reiterating or rewording what others have said so far to make her look useful.
    Oisin - for his suggestion that if Boromir comes out that we don't lynch him. That's a bad, bad Nelson-shaped idea!

...It could be just a bad villager play, but on the other hand, it would also certainly help wolves to have him out and left alive.

Wendy - for pressing the Boromir outing himself idea. Suggesting it as a matter of discussion I have no problem with but she did seem too keen to have him out.

There are a few others I'm a bit suspicious of, but not enough to include on my FFA.

Nothing wrong with my idea and Im sticking by it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

#FFA1

Barbara - Her FFA was genius. She names Frank, but...
    2. Frank - Hell, I like Phils thinking. Its a good spot and Ill commit to it (unlike Conor). Franks trying to single a conversion by the bad guys here in my eyes.

1. Presents it not as her own idea but mine (so avoids responsibility if it backfires).
    2. Compliments me on a "good spot" (he hung a neon sign round his neck. It wasn't a good spot at all). Attempted pocketing?
    3. Lumps on a name being floated, possibly pushing a snowball down a hill.
    4. Broke the FFA discussion by posting early. In fact, was way too over eager, as if trying to get ahead of a bandwagon.

I feel as if it's a nice FFA, but it was an over-play.

Oisin - For this post.
    Oh I'm aware of the mechanics, I'm just pointing out that we are all in a position to loose the game for the village (that is all current villagers)

Though of course there is not a lot we can do about that.

Admits he already knew the mechanic to a question he asked, and the tone of the post sets off some alarm bells. It doesn't "feel" villager.

Similiarly, Vernon.
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    Seems quite excessive given its only 25 players, hopefully the good side have some hidden roles

This one is far, far more wishy-washy, but I'm worried about how he seems to post "the good side" as if they are somewhat separate to himself. An "other" group. But admittedly, this one just feels like reading a bit too much into a very early post. It's a flag, but not as strong a one as others.

As it stands, Babs would be a far stronger read for me than the other two.

Gabriel, this isn’t directed at you personally but when I click your name and go “find all posts” it brings back zero results. Tried on touch and full site. Don’t think it’s my settings as it works on other players. Could someone try to find all posts by Gabriel, please?

Tried on Desktop doesn't work either

Must be an error on Boards' end, I can't get any post histories for anyone

Yeah it’s not working when I try another name now. **** it.

• Advertisement

I blame Tom Bombadil for this :P

Hold on Gabby, you're against my idea to know who boro is and not lynch him and you're against wendy for asking to out boro, surely its better to know who he is than not know who he is and risk a conversion. You're contradicting yourself imo.

Hold on Gabby, you're against my idea to know who boro is and not lynch him and you're against wendy for asking to out boro, surely its better to know who he is than not know who he is and risk a conversion. You're contradicting yourself imo.

Better for the wolves yeah! If he's out we have to lynch him. But I'd rather lynch a wolf than a villager, even if that villager is a possibility to become a wolf later in the game.

Better for the wolves yeah! If he's out we have to lynch him. But I'd rather lynch a wolf than a villager, even if that villager is a possibility to become a wolf later in the game.

Better for everyone not just the wolves ffs, get real man.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

My own #FFA1...

1. Barbara; My reasoning from earlier - Barbara's "any of us are capable of anything Frank" response to me, that was pure fluff reasoning for hopping on Phil and Connor's thoughts on me. Sure we could all use that as a defence/offence for or against any accusation in the game. Complete throwaway comment which meant nothing.

Then there was Barbara committing to Jake's FFA plan, thanking his post, and immediately breaking the idea..."Hell I'll do my FFA now"...spoken as if it was urgently required right then even though she knew it wasn't. There are the fluffy Mary Poppins gifs. At this stage on an extended Day 1, people are trying to contribute rather than gif every second post.

Then finally, this is to add to the above: Many debated it, but Barbara was one of the couple who actually tried to coax Boromir out for a reveal. Whether that was a good or bad village move, we were trying to figure it out, but Barbara was one of about two to be outright in favour of Boromir revealing. A wolf on Team Sauron would definitely favour Boromir coming out and then hopefully the village sparing him the first lynch. (As other posters actually suggested doing)

Distant 2 and 3:

2. Gertrude: Talking earlier about working away in the background to do the math and figure out what the game balance is like for us, wondering if there is more than one Urak-Hai warrior. Her conclusions were flaky and vague. Then has the cheek to try and throw shade on me as "appearing helpful villager" when I try to do some work. That was pointless shade #2 of the day after comparing my "I am not the Balrog" quote this morning to the likes of Nixon's "I am not a crook". Shade throwing level: Novice. Wolves find it hard to find solid reasoning, Gertrude is skirting close to that territory for me.

3. Henry: While commenting at Barbara earlier, I made a dig about Henry being her wolf buddy and posted Henry's small contribution to the game so far. I don't believe them to be on the same team seriously, but I do have concerns about Henry and his contribution so far. Too early to be lynching non-contributors, but those 3 posts of his I highlighted earlier today don't look great. I tried to get him talking him earlier and am doing similar here. Henry, where are ya?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Hi Guys,

I’m Frodo Baggins.

giphy.gif

Been debating whether to come out or not, haven’t had too much time to get my head around the OP or the ins and outs of my character.

Did so this morning and I’ve weighed it up ever since. I think I’m more use to the village out than hiding considering my abilities.

So............ the ring............THE RING!

It’s what separates me from most hobbits.

Right now it’s around my neck, and I haven’t used it.

It has powers but it’s a bit of a liability too.

So its drawing Sauron closer with each passing day.

After Munch tomorrow it will have eyes on my backroom. So he will officially know my powers in full and he may be able to work out who I am.

After munch the day after that, I will be open to be converted to Nazgul. (right now I’m not)

After that, something wicked will transpire on the munch after that (Thursday morning), which it isn’t clear what happens though it involves Sam going by the flavour.

So that’s the draw backs to me with the ring around my neck.

On the plus side I cannot be killed by enemy hand as long as the ring is around my neck. I can however be killed by Vig kill or by Lynch. So by being open now, I hope those two won’t happen.

However I can chose to put on the ring.

Putting on the ring grants has its upside, that I won’t divulge just yet.

It also has its draw backs. I’m told that If I am tempted by the grave misfortune will strike the fellowship.

I’m also told Boromir can betray me, which may also lead to my death somehow. I don’t have any other details on that sadly. Mods be vague backstage.

So that’s me.

Any questions.

I think I’m best coming out since I cant be killed by enemy hand yet, but I may have misjudged things.

giphy.gif

Oh and adjust your FFAs accordingly

I am real.

Put it like this - Boromir announces his presence. Do you really expect the wolves won't try and recruit him? Presuming the answer there is no, then …

We have a wolf in our midst. Find a wolf, lynch a wolf. Now we lynch wolf-Boromir. If we don't then we're idiots as we were previously when such a scenario arose.

If we're going to lynch wolf-Boromir, then we might as well lynch village-Boromir who will undoubtedly become wolf-Boromir.

Wolves have now gone through a full cycle and have all survived (their original numbers). Village are down a member.

That's my reasoning. I see zero up-side to the village in (a) Boromir outing himself and (b) an out-Boromir being let live through a lynch.

So yes, better for the wolves, not better for everyone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Are you advocating for Boromir to come out and we don't lynch him? Sorry but based on what? I can't see any way in which he can come out and we dont lynch him! We don't kill him he's a wolf or a nazgul tomorrow morning and then we have to kill him tomorrow night.

He either stays hidden, or comes out and we lynch him unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious

• Advertisement

Our first role claim - how exciting!!

Advertisement