Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Does Tom Bombadil make any reappearances in the trilogy, or was that early scene his only?

No, that was his only scene.

But … let's be clear here, the OP does have stuff that's non cannon (Nazgul are only men corrupted by the rings, and therefore Frodo, a hobbit should never become a Nazgul if they're sticking to cannon only, for example), so there could well be a return if the mods are straying from book or film cannon.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Was holly on the lynch form pre the reveal does anyone know?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

There are 25 signups and 25 anon accs in the op, holly being 1 of them. Strange if that was a flavour acc or someone cant play on and the mods had a bit of fun.

Couldnt be a ligimate player who will return later.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I still have lynch form open in a tab and Holly is on it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Don't think the sub is available till tomorrow, could have been an unexpected short notice withdrawal.
    Although looking at the posts, they always knew they weren't going to get lynched or munched so this was possibly the plan all along.

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »
    I still have lynch form open in a tab and Holly is on it.

So we know she was a real player and is either dead or in a secret backroom doing secret cool stuff secretly

But necros post says Holly has left the game so surely they won’t be allowed back?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

All of Holly's posts and interactions...

Yesterday:
    Tegan WW wrote:
    I cannot see mention of any Gandalf other than Gandalf the grey.
    It says Balrog will have met his match if he tries to attack Gandalf.
    The OP says we start with Gandalf the grey, where are you getting this 'becomes' Gandalf the grey from?
    Holly wrote:

To mannish folk he was always the grey,
    But "becoming" he did in another way,
    Not in time as men see it I suppose,
    Though "mannish" is to him as to you are clothes

Holly wrote:
    A bad team? A good team?
    What need for a team?

Jake wrote:
    Huh?
    Holly wrote:

Confused? You are young, no surprise.
    It's the purpose of these divisions I can't surmise.
    Plenty of time to see who is good or bad,
    But best to simply speak and be glad.

Holly wrote:
    Good day, how'd you find your way here?

Wendy wrote:
    What's up with the poems chief?
    Holly wrote:
    For the sake of merriment, only a heart laden with woe and worry cannot rhyme.

And I am noone's chief Wendy.

Derry wrote:
    First
    Holly wrote:
    I was the first.

Today's:
    Frank wrote:

Note: I am not the Balrog. I imagine he/she knows the answer to that question, and if not, would ask it in their BR instead of here.
    Holly wrote:
    There was a time when it was not "the" but "a"
    Though that is a story for another day.

Hohohohoho!

Brendan wrote:

#FFA1:
    Barbara WW
    Tegan WW
    Desmond WW

Bonus points for anyone who can identify why I picked these.
    A suspicious heart?

Holly wrote:
    Best to be free and a walk unburden with such thoughts. The cost of being too involved.

Holly wrote:

I have no feelings about Conor and Frank Though I admit I hold many in that rank

Holly wrote:
    All of the above seems pointless to me.
    Sauron, Saruman, who cares to see?

Tegan wrote:
    I don't think so, nowhere in the OP does it say the non full cult members count as parity, the only win condition that includes them is a full sweep, that is EVERYBODY left alive is either a full cult member or a non full member.

Holly wrote:

It's not all about who wins though Tegan.

Frank wrote:

Long story short, I'm wondering if the Team Sauron cult mechanism is an 'all or nothing' device - Either they convert everyone and win, or they have to explore the other option in their win conditions.
    Holly wrote:
    Some cannot be converted. Such a small view.

Note: Did I draw some info out of a game mod?? Hmm. And likewise with Tegan here...

Tegan wrote:
    Who cannot be converted?
    Holly wrote:
    Those who don't have any stakes. Don't need to fear any powers either.

^^^Cryptic answer with merit, or just jibberish? (No offence wise Tom Bombabil :D)

Doris wrote:

Try multiquote sometime
    Holly wrote:
    Each deserves their turn.
    Doris wrote:
    You don’t seem to elaborate on anything in these posts. I actually don’t know what you mean by “Sauron , Saruman , who cares to see”?. What did you mean?
    Holly wrote:
    What does it matter what team somebody is on, ultimately?]
    Tegan wrote:
    What game are you playing?
    None my friend, none at all. Certainly not as serious as you.
    Holly wrote:
    Though I have my own game, it is much smaller. Less concerns with less stakes.

Tegan wrote:
    I asked "Who cannot be converted?"

you answered "Those who don't have any stakes. Don't need to fear any powers either."

Can you explain why 'those who don't have any stakes.' cannot be converted.

Can you also explain why those who 'don't need to fear any powers either' are immune to conversion.
    Holly wrote:
    That would be to reveal too much and somethings are best left unknown. Perhaps I refer to myself. Think and it should be clear.
    Holly WW is offline Report Post

Doris wrote:
    Ultimately it doesn’t matter to the village once we get baddies but it’s a way of possibly trying to spot people’s play. How else do you propose we flush out baddies?
    Holly wrote:
    If you delight in the game though (reflect on this) you have no interest in such things. No need to know these things precisely, just watch it play out and forego control.
    Doris wrote:
    we decide as a village to interpret things.
    Holly wrote:

We?

Doris wrote:
    Trying to see what angles a wolf team may take is fun. If we all watch how things play out nodody says or does anything! Sounds like an eye for an eye eventually leaves everybody blind?! If you want to take wait and see then fair enough but everybody has their methods. People saying nothing may be wolves or RVs trying to lay low, but they each have their reasons for playing that way.
    Holly wrote:
    Of that I have no doubt.
    Doris wrote:
    We... As in the Village we! We decide if talking mechanics is a wolf tactic. We decide how to interpret what a person says... not sure what you were implying ?!
    Holly wrote:
    Nothing about you perhaps, a personal fact.

Finally...
    Holly wrote:
    Well friends, I'll be heading home now, I'm already too involved.

Don't take it too seriously and have a quiet ale if you can.

Merry Dol!

My thoughts are that was an excellent Tom Bombadil mod cameo which 1) gave us a flavour action on Day 1 after about 30 hours of none, and 2) Got some people talking.

If this is the case, well done mods.

What do people think of no lynch option?

Derry WW wrote: »
    So we know she was a real player and is either dead or in a secret backroom doing secret cool stuff secretly

Why would she be in a secret room, this is not big brother.

She is gone, accept it.

• Advertisement

Unless she was assigned Tom Bombadil but wasn't allowed talk about it. Her answer to Frank and Tegan above might have crossed a line with the mods and got her modkilled??

Unlikely, I think, but maybe.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Why would she be in a secret room, this is not big brother.

She is gone, accept it.

Ok fine that would have been cool though.

Actually just copped there is no priest so we will get full roles upon people dying which is nice

What do people think of no lynch option?

No.

Ok fine that would have been cool though.

Actually just copped there is no priest so we will get full roles upon people dying which is nice

You really are making no sense at all

You really are making no sense at all

Sorry, I’m not making sense. Sorry lol

Frank WW wrote: »
    Note: Did I draw some info out of a game mod?? Hmm. .

No. She was talking about herself, because Tom is neutral and can't be converted. The exit was planned. But an interesting way to make yourself appear to be a totes super villager.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Unless she was assigned Tom Bombadil but wasn't allowed talk about it. Her answer to Frank and Tegan above might have crossed a line with the mods and got her modkilled??

Unlikely, I think, but maybe.

I just think it would be a big risk for mods to take that a player with such knowledge of the books, never mind movies, would rand the Tom Bombadil role which required the player to act like this book-only character.

Any of you who know the books, read all of those posts of Holly's and picture Tom Bombadil shítein on and philosophising...whoever ran the Holly account did a really good take on it.

If there are people still unsure of this, I'm not saying we just 100% assume Holly was Necro or one of the other mods and move on. However, I'm quite happy to go with that assertion myself now. If Holly is still on the lynch form, I won't be voting for her. That will be a complete waste of a vote IMO.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

No. She was talking about herself, because Tom is neutral and can't be converted. The exit was planned. But an interesting way to make yourself appear to be a totes super villager.

Why would a neutral be unable to be converted?
    Wouldn't a neutral be easier to convert than an enemy?

It did look like a planned exit, but what purpose is it to a player to play Tom the way it was played as a standard player.

It felt way more like a stooge. And I think Frank is right, it looks like they shouldn't have revealed that some cannot be converted, because it is not in the OP, and as character and sequences are so Tom, it was likely a mod who quickly exited stage left after saying too much.

Have we discussed this part of the op yet, Im unfamilar with the whole theme?

The humble narrators would also like to warn players not to disturb the water... not to look into the lights.... and beware of the spider's web..

LOL Gertrude, that's twice today you've thrown super hollow shade on me, when no one else picked up the points (digs) you raised.

What have you done? Just so I can point at it and go 'totes super villager'. See the way that works?

What a completely pointless, useless comment.

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »
    I just think it would be a big risk for mods to take that a player with such knowledge of the books, never mind movies, would rand the Tom Bombadil role which required the player to act like this book-only character.

Any of you who know the books, read all of those posts of Holly's and picture Tom Bombadil shítein on and philosophising...whoever ran the Holly account did a really good take on it.

If there are people still unsure of this, I'm not saying we just 100% assume Holly was Necro or one of the other mods and move on. However, I'm quite happy to go with that assertion myself now. If Holly is still on the lynch form, I won't be voting for her. That will be a complete waste of a vote IMO.

She was on the lynch form now she is not.

And if the mods were playing the role doing it for 24 hours would be a little excessive surely they would just have stuck around for the sunday crack and disappeared

It did look like a planned exit, but what purpose is it to a player to play Tom the way it was played as a standard player.

It felt way more like a stooge. And I think Frank is right, it looks like they shouldn't have revealed that some cannot be converted, because it is not in the OP, and as character and sequences are so Tom, it was likely a mod who quickly exited stage left after saying too much.

If you know you're leaving before the lynch, you miss the night phase and can't be converted. There's nothing abrupt in those posts to suggest they were modkilled. It's very Tom, start to finish, but the accounts tally so it was either a player playing along or one of us was never here to begin with

No no Tegan, stop that sense now. I'm clearly a wolf trying to be super totes villager. :D

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Have we discussed this part of the op yet, Im unfamilar with the whole theme?

The humble narrators would also like to warn players not to disturb the water... not to look into the lights.... and beware of the spider's web..

O you said the words I wouldn't have gone there

25 players & 25 anon accounts including Holly. If mods were Holly, someone is without an anon account

Player List:
    fixxxer
    tritium
    Kolido
    MrsFlushdraw
    duffman13
    kitten_k
    quickbeam
    Lord TSC
    Rikand
    sKeith
    Digital Solitude
    Drumpot
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Bounty Hunter
    grumpylumpy
    deconduo
    MicksJaguar
    Virtanen
    Teddy Daniels
    Guffy
    beakerjoe
    Stu Redman
    andy125
    Fourier
    Banjo

Anon Account List:
    Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Doris WW
    Eva WW
    Fiona WW
    Frank WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Holly WW
    Jake WW
    Liam WW
    Mary WW
    Oisin WW
    Phil WW
    Tegan WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW
    Winifred WW

Or 2 players are playing under 1 acc, remember who is modding :D

Balls :D

That would mean someone signed up who was never going to play which I guess is possible

She was on the lynch form now she is not.

And if the mods were playing the role doing it for 24 hours would be a little excessive surely they would just have stuck around for the sunday crack and disappeared

Maybe, but then what are the alternatives for Holly?

I don't think it would be excessive myself, not with such a placid, neutral character as the one Holly/Tom turned out to be. They don't seem to have affected anything really with their posts, just tried to get people talking with some very vague musings and then got out of dodge well before the lynch.

For me, either...

1) By pure luck a player randed Tom Bombadil, a character only book readers will know, played him to perfection and then happily bowed out with no apparent reward.

2) The LOTR-loving mod(s) provided us with a bit of mystery and an action on an otherwise quiet-until-lynch Day 1, and one of them was Tom.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

25 players & 25 anon accounts including Holly. If mods were Holly, someone is without an anon account

Player List:

Anon Account List:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCsp0-8BhdnFxb8e9eJhcWaWJqtu2FHFgIUvD5peiL1mtluOcY7A

Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Advertisement