Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

After reading the above, should Boromir be volunteering to be lynched? They seem to be an NVR who's only ability is to be turned evil? Would it be the noble thing to offer themselves up for lynching so we don't have that hanging over us? Both evil teams can convert after all. The Balrog can kill any time but that doesn't convert so doesn't need to factor.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Morning everyone. Strange not having a munch this morning, hopefully we can use the time wisely and lynch well tonight.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Great idea in theory, but hard to make a reality. Not even nearly everyone will be around at the same time on Day 1 to coordinate that, IMO.

I think we'll be just lucky today to get FFAs from everyone throughout the day, if that's the way we choose to go.

Normally everyone is at least watching at 10am to see if they have died so they could post windows of time that they are definitely around and work from there

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

From the Boromir description, if he's targeted by the cult will be converted we likely won't know as conversions aren't announced. If the wolves hit him there will be no kill for the wolves so we will know a conversion took place

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    If we do go FFAs, would it be a good or bad idea to have everyone post them at the exact same time? Good idea if a wolf is pressurised but bad idea as we can’t see bandwagons forming.

Actually I really like that idea. Might be tricky to implement but it’s something different to think about

• Advertisement

So no munch this morning.

Worst case scenario, Boromir was hit and instead of being killed he's been converted.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    From the Boromir description, if he's targeted by the cult will be converted we likely won't know as conversions aren't announced. If the wolves hit him there will be no kill for the wolves so we will know a conversion took place

Actually forget that, it could be a protect aswell. Boromir unless has hidden power is effectively useless to the village

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Wendy WW wrote: »

Worst case scenario, Boromir was hit and instead of being killed he's been converted.

There is no munch today, game starts on a lynch

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Game starts with a lynch this time

Game is starting on a lynch tonight, not a munch

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Further Mod Note:

In case the OP wasn't clear - this game begins on a lynch, this is day 1. Lynch tomorrow at 9pm.

FAO Wendy

Ok, my mistake.

What do we think of the idea of Boromir sacrificing themselves as I posted above?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Actually forget that, it could be a protect aswell. Boromir unless has hidden power is effectively useless to the village

Wendy’s idea of him sacrificing himself at lynch is a good one to discuss.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Just caught up!

The game starts at a Lynch people, no munch.... it says that in the OP. So those who havent read the OP should think about giving it a going over.

Hi Brendan (waves)

13b.jpg

Ok, my mistake.

What do we think of the idea of Boromir sacrificing themselves as I posted above?

I'd prefer to catch a wolf but if none show themselves before voting time and Boromir has come out and said "hey guys I'm a liability" then yeah

Seeing as there are a few heads posting, could you all give a timezone that you’ll be around in later this afternoon?

I’m around all of today

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    #FFA1:
    Barbara WW
    Tegan WW
    Desmond WW

Bonus points for anyone who can identify why I picked these.
    A suspicious heart?

Best to be free and a walk unburden with such thoughts. The cost of being too involved.

Ok, my mistake.

I dont see a massive issue with it, at the end of day he's a liability no matter what way we look at it. If he doesn't come out then he obviously has something to offer the village so IMO we should plan as normal with FFAs etc and go from there

Ok, my mistake.

Seems harsh on the player, they have been given a crap hand in the role they have though

Only they can decide if they want to put themselves forward but no harm in having a discussion on it

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    I'd prefer to catch a wolf but if none show themselves before voting time and Boromir has come out and said "hey guys I'm a liability" then yeah

Once Boromir comes out there's no turning back and we'd have to kill him to stop the wolves getting their claws in to him. There's no "having him in reserve" to lynch in case we don't find a wolf before that.

Seeing as there are a few heads posting, could you all give a timezone that you’ll be around in later this afternoon?

out for an hour or 2 working after this, then I should be about for a few hours but I think you will struggle getting many people to tie down the time they will be online in advance.

Bomomir surely wont come out and be lynched. He will try play to keep himself alive as he can win without being on the Village team.

Though hes welcome to prove me wrong :)

the-simpsons-s8e13-20090310124256_625x352.jpg?quality=60&mode=crop&width=700&height=422

Im in work so posting when I can. But should be able to check in and out

Around 5.30 onwards

I’m not gonna push the idea too much and have the day overrun with what I think. It will be a long day though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    not of his own doing but he will actually become a bad team member if converted others while will continue on not knowing they are in the cult if converted and therefore act in the villages interests more so.

All we can do there is hope he isn't targetted though
    After reading the above, should Boromir be volunteering to be lynched? They seem to be an NVR who's only ability is to be turned evil? Would it be the noble thing to offer themselves up for lynching so we don't have that hanging over us? Both evil teams can convert after all. The Balrog can kill any time but that doesn't convert so doesn't need to factor.

Yeah it's harsh on Boromir, it seems he is a liability outside of his own control. He's either someone to step up for lynch, or preferably for now early on just work with their brain and sleuthing skills to help the village. If Boromir is just someone who is going to be inactive or sits in the background, he is a liability for us.

Note: I am not Boromir.
    "I am not a crook" - Nixon
    "In today's environment it's virtually impossible to violate rules" - Madoff
    "This? This is just a big wooden horse" - Odysseus

Yeah, you know who goes around saying "I'm not the balrog" appropos of nothing?

"That money was just resting in my account" is another one!

Howya Gertie? That addendum you quoted from the end of a post was my little piece of bait ;)

Normally everyone is at least watching at 10am to see if they have died so they could post windows of time that they are definitely around and work from there

It's anecdotal of course, but I am rarely around to see munches no matter what my allegiance is. I don't think 'everyone' by its true definition will be around at that time, not in order for a good fundamental idea to sufficiently work. Would lunch hour, sometime between 12-2pm, be better if we were to go this way?

Also, 10am is very early in the day to be trying to get FFAs in, is it not?
    Actually I really like that idea. Might be tricky to implement but it’s something different to think about

Straight away, it takes out the option for wolves to see what way opinion is swaying and for them to use other people's FFA reasoning as their own. That makes it much harder for wolves. If we can coordinate a time and try to get literally everyone doing it, I can see great village benefits. It's just can we make it happen.

Maybe it's something we should seriously look at for tomorrow.

Frank, I didn’t mean do it at 10am. I meant that most people would be reading around 10am usually, see my idea and then post what time of day suits them best to do it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Frank, I didn’t mean do it at 10am. I meant that most people would be reading around 10am usually, see my idea and then post what time of day suits them best to do it.

Now I get ya. Since my last post I saw you ask for times today. I'm basically working to a deadline on my own so can hopefully get online at a time we all agree on. So...just let me know.

I think it's a good idea, I'm just pessimistic about 'everyone' being around, and especially so early in game-week. It could be this evening or tomorrow morning before some posters get a decent foot into the game.

• Advertisement

It is ****ty for the player but it depends on how the want to go out. On their own terms in a blaze of glorious self sacrifice, or turned evil and eating their own.

Anyway, it's an idea and it's out there. Sorry Boromir.

Advertisement