Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

This gave me a lovely chuckle this morning. A guy in Boston dresses up as Buddy the Elf and randomly challenges passersby to a pillow fight :D

LINK

(If anyone can find it on Youtube, please do, that link is on Facebook)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Ha! That gave me a good chuckle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Anyone else seeing little flurrys of snow??? I'm based in D2

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Does anyone have suggestions on a vegetarian alternative of a main course for Christmas dinner? An where to buy it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We have now surpassed our busiest year by over 550 posts already.

Our next target is 8,000 annual posts which we are 236 away from :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

redmgar wrote: »
    Does anyone have suggestions on a vegetarian alternative of a main course for Christmas dinner? An where to buy it?

I think M&S do a nutroast.

M&S booklet had lots of vegetarian options :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

And I've just put the christmas forum top of my all time boards.ie posts in terms of numbers... no surprise really as I spent most of my time in here practically all year round since last christmas. Great to see the popularity levels rise though especially as there seems to be no shortage of 'bah humbugs' around these days to make you think christmas was a chore rather than something to be celebrated.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    And I've just put the christmas forum top of my all time boards.ie posts in terms of numbers... no surprise really as I spent most of my time in here practically all year round since last christmas. Great to see the popularity levels rise though especially as there seems to be no shortage of 'bah humbugs' around these days to make you think christmas was a chore rather than something to be celebrated.

Surprisingly as Social media warriors are now more than ever determined to ruin Christmas with either PC gone mad or trolling, this has been the quietest year ever for the Christmas forum regards Bah-Humbugs.

I've prob gone and jinxed myself now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

I'm currently putting up my tree and decorations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

Watching Neven Maguire's Kilkenny Christmas episode 1 on the RTE Player. It's really good. Episode 2 is on RTE ONE tonight @8:30pm.

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/nevens-kilkenny-christmas-30006560/10973515/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Off to my Christmas party tonight. Hopefully I don’t get blown away in that wind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Finished work early today so dropped by Blanchardstown just to have a little browse bought myself Christmas cookie yankee candle, I know I have one in the house but for the life of me I can't find it,

Headed to my mothers than, I did a big clean all week in her place so I started getting the decorations down putting a few things around the house, on Monday and Tuesday we are going to tackle the tree

Himself is off out tonight I might do some wrapping and put on The Polar Express

That wind would cut you thats blowing outside, wrap up and be safe those heading out xx

kitten_k wrote: »
    Off to my Christmas party tonight. Hopefully I don’t get blown away in that wind!!

Have a great night. Be safe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I was in Heatons Today. Well something similar to Heatons.
    It's has a floor of dessigner clothes.(Lacoste, Levis, etc) and very little Christmas stock.
    When did this happen?

I know I use to love Heatons, there is still some Christmas stock in Heatons in Blanchardstown if you are near by there is 30% off the stock, I was there today

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

47687795_2395672027112974_2261005092536713216_o.png.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=c60343ad01a687c9abe2350a3f6580c9&oe=5C9C62BE

SarahLil wrote: »
    I know I use to love Heatons, there is still some Christmas stock in Heatons in Blanchardstown if you are near by there is 30% off the stock, I was there today

I was in the one in Cork and it's totally changed since I was last there. There was a small selection of Christmas stock. I hope they all don't go like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Sitting with the feet up, the fire on, Phil Spector's Christmas record playing and I'm eating Aldi's chocolate churros, drinking macaroon flavoured coffee while the wind blows outside. It's never felt more like Christmas!!

Last night I had a 'feck it' moment and I ordered some Christmas food from M&S. Have never done something as extravagant as that before so I'm feeling very fancay!

I ordered the Roast Squash, Spelt, Pomegranate & Candied Walnut Salad, the butternut squash rosti, Ricotta stacks and the chocolate pine cones for dessert. They will make up Christmas Eve and Stephen's Day's meals. Can't justify paying 33quid for veggies so will get those in Lidl. 18 days to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

47687795_2395672027112974_2261005092536713216_o.png.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=c60343ad01a687c9abe2350a3f6580c9&oe=5C9C62BE

That's a great price especially for Afternoon Tea

47682248_2376106055965808_2953760747328372736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=fff2ca051be66a1585c02ba2f94dd551&oe=5C65EEBD

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That's a great price especially for Afternoon Tea

Phenomenal price!

Speaking of which, SuperValu near work was selling tubs of Roses, Celebrations and Heroes for €6 each today but 3 for €10.
    Got one of each for ourselves and then went back 20 mins later and got 6 for the office. We'll dole them out over the next week to the hordes :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

DenMan wrote: »
    Watching Neven Maguire's Kilkenny Christmas episode 1 on the RTE Player. It's really good. Episode 2 is on RTE ONE tonight @8:30pm.

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/nevens-kilkenny-christmas-30006560/10973515/

Watched it and need that Apple syrup in my life!! :D

Now that’s a dinner party.

2pzimia.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Haha, love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Who's on the very right?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Jimmy Stewart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

ChewChew wrote: »
    Watched it and need that Apple syrup in my life!! :D

It's been a long time Chewie. Hope you're keeping well. :)

2qlts3d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

The most Christmassy house of my neibourhood was being decorated when I passed by at lunchtime. They have added more decorations (I spotted a polar bear ! did not want to be caught staring too much, as they stll had the step ladder up).
    It is so cheerful, they usually leave them up until the 6 Jan or after.

5kirg0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Work party tonight. Can't stay long as I'm working again in the morning.

It's 1920s themed, I love it! So I've got on a sequinned, beaded flapper dress, fishnets, beaded heels, feathered headband, cigarette holder, pearls, long satin gloves and a feather boa :D

Figured I'd go all out :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement