Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

DenMan wrote: »
    RTE repeated the Toy Show yesterday afternoon. They always did it on a Sunday I remember.

I have a feeling they did similar another year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

LoughC get a can of coke into you and a packet of King you will be grand :D

Can't believe we've only a few weekends left!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Tree went up on Friday.

I put the lights up on the front door and the upstairs windows. Just have the kitchen window left to do. It has turned out to be a bit trickier than I thought so I'm leaving that one til next weekend so I can mull over the best way around it.

Trying all different types of mince pies this year. Tonight it is the the Lidl Deluxe Frangipane ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Hope the weathers good next weekend but properly will be pis... down trying to put the outside lights up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Hope the weathers good next weekend but properly will be pis... down trying to put the outside lights up.

Don’t check your weather app. Rain for Days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

When does the Christmas Party food start? seems really late this year?

Cannot find any in Supervalu/Tesco

naughtb4 wrote: »

Fresh Party Food is in my local Tesco.
    The range is limited at the moment.
    The finest range is on dale from the 11th.
    Marks and Spencer had a good bit in a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Super Valu had some when I was in the Lucan one yesterday. M&S certainly have it.

Anyhoo, got the tree and most of the decorations up earlier. We can get the rest done tomorrow.

Certainly not as stressful as other years this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Fresh Party Food is in my local Tesco.
    The range is limited at the moment.
    The finest range is on dale from the 11th.
    Marks and Spencer had a good bit in a few weeks ago.

Thanks, it's the finest range I was looking for cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Went to Liffey Valley earlier for my work secret santa present. Got sorted and now time to put on the tunes and think about putting up these decorations. Wreath going on the door next Saturday have it ready to put up.

I seen on SuperValu Facebook party food was in yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I started my Lidl tea advent calendar today. A day late! :P

Almost finished present shopping, I have a few deliveries expected on Tuesday.

How is everyone else doing? :P

TK Lemon wrote: »
    I started my Lidl tea advent calendar today. A day late! :P

Almost finished present shopping, I have a few deliveries expected on Tuesday.

How is everyone else doing? :P

Presents are the one thing I'm not on top of this year! Ye can't do it all I suppose.

I have been looking at those tea advent calendars. I think I might pick one up tomorrow.

I like to have things to lie in bed thinking of, helps me sleep! So I am going to go through my present list in bed tonight.

The frangipane Lidl mince pies are gorgeous!

Lots of party food in lidl if that is any good to people. I've been picking up a box every so often and having half the box and freezing the other half so that by Xmas Eve we will have a lovely, wide selection of snacks but we won't have too many.

This time last year we were in the process of buying our home and everything was so rushed and we had no tree as we only got the keys on 22nd Dec so this year feels amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Back from my hectic weekend, but what a weekend! I feel like I have a hangover in spite of only drinking water last night!

Had a fabulous day at one of my best friends wedding on Saturday. If anyone saw a bride walking up Grafton Street, that was my friend! :D The whole day was fabulous & the venue was so christmassy, it was brilliant! Then last night, we were at a Christmas concert with Mary Byrne. I had so much fun!

We also put up the tree yesterday in the kitchen. And I thought it looked great, but now in the cold light of day, I realise that it is very bare looking so more baubles to put on later!

I heard Christmas music on Sunshine FM today, they won't allow me Christmas FM in the office, I couldn't believe it for years I was listening to Today FM and they would never give and play a Christmas song till around the 8th December

Bananaleaf I like your thinking regarding the party food, I love a bit of party food Christmas Eve

Cheerlouth weekend sounds fab I would love to see some pics of the venue if you have any

I am mixed up on my days after working Saturday, woke this morning ready to role over thinking it was Sunday but no such luck, still slightly panicked as the days are going by so quick

Some roast left over from yesterday so making all the trimmings for this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Got a jar of mince meat at the week-end, today tried some for breakfast, spread over oat cakes. Yummy !

This is the only one I have without people in it! IMG_20181201_160254.jpg

CheerLouth wrote: »
    This is the only one I have without people in it! IMG_20181201_160254.jpg

Oh lovely, was the meal Christmas dinner :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

All indoor and outdoor Christmas lights and decorations are up along with both trees! House is glowing outside va the darkness from the others. First house in the estate too! Love it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

SarahLil wrote: »
    I heard Christmas music on Sunshine FM today, they won't allow me Christmas FM in the office, I couldn't believe it for years I was listening to Today FM and they would never give and play a Christmas song till around the 8th December

Today FM played their first Christmas song this morning.

Today FM played their first Christmas song this morning.

Brilliant its great they are getting into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Las Vegas
    N3Y9zpR.jpg

SarahLil wrote: »
    Oh lovely, was the meal Christmas dinner :D

No, it was beef & flipping amazing it was too :D

First Christmas pudding steamed this after noon. Second one nearly done and a few more to go!

Got the lidl advent calendar. The tea is strong enough to make two cups so am sharing with the OH and am getting bonus points for saying "I got us a tea advent calendar" Starting it 2 days late. The first tea is delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

First day in work since last Thursday, we had a four day weekend. Thursday my in laws arrived which was nice. Friday went to the Dubai rugby 7s with a few pals and the father in law, pretty messy. We watched the Toy show and thought it was pants.

Saturday we had 16 people in our back garden for Christmas drinks, I made homemade mulled wine, with four bottles. Barely got a taste as it went down so well. Allot of take away and booze making me feel pretty rough today.

Emails flying around stating December is going to be mental and there are only a few working this Christmas so it will fall on us.

Hope all the Elves are well.

Fourth Christmas pudding cooked and 5thnone about to go on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The OH did several together in a big tin in the oven.

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement