Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We also swop gifts with another family.
    It consists of three gift sets, a tub or sweets and a tin of biscuits and a gifty item. It's sort of a nice tradition on Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I buy for:

Himself (we've a budget set this year)
    Mam
    Dad
    Sister
    Brother
    Nieces x2
    Grandmother
    Godmother

I also normally help sort the presents for the inlaws & whatnot on the other side but this year, I'm taking a step back because I can't do everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

This year I'm baking presents as well as giving them. So everyone will get a some sort of gift and then mince pies, chocolate biscuit cake and caramel sauce.

I'm off to Ikea this weekend to pick up all the jars!

47445142_2203510296348852_7469483912029274112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeGUc6VOkQESDSamYn5__PYRmscQpQdvlrkMZqMpD3rwRhd0CNA_RdPhEARZdHmji6VKJQLXnaUFnnINGdLqpCd-aA8T_aJiyVAucZAy-cmJrw&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=e5d3ef4985023279a5cc9cee65f2090a&oe=5CB080FB

47575857_2203510576348824_4978471926243524608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_eui2=AeF5564OKogPK4abBhCjYB_pEJzARW1FEKdwuMBys9fST-8iVXnIAp0Uc_PQSKi_0bh0u1-HAsq7iKJoUK9Yyban6Sammi4ROWu7CuTTiWkkEA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=4c684ba8f2baa22bbc54a9194b037eb5&oe=5C9E084E

47472692_2203510426348839_8786423955608043520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_eui2=AeEnyfgNWrrZu7vDpAUkUQllZPt8SxHRBseoC6VE4nbmozEHBqEdaYvgXG3l6J-H5m_rexL6YRS0XumkUTjrP2D63eYbI40tb_xLYBKK-EnmRA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=1842405f87270648de58c2123996b55a&oe=5C660DCE

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Does anyone have a good, tried and tested recipe for a vegetarian mincemeat (in other words, without suet), please?

• Advertisement

ace_irl wrote: »
    This year I'm baking presents as well as giving them. So everyone will get a some sort of gift and then mince pies, chocolate biscuit cake and caramel sauce.

I'm off to Ikea this weekend to pick up all the jars!

I think that's really lovely. Fair play for all the work that must take. Chocolate biscuit cake and caramel sauce?? I wish you were my friend! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just finished two scrabble frames :) One for my neighbours and one for my KK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Loaded the kids into the car this evening just before bedtime and brought them to see one of the finalists in Ireland's Most Christmassy House. They were as excited as anything.
    Sometimes it's the simple things... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Nevin had his Christmas show (part 1) tonight.

The turkey looked absolutely unreal !!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭rockwell

New Home wrote: »
    Does anyone have a good, tried and tested recipe for a vegetarian mincemeat (in other words, without suet), please?

Hey New Home, i use Mary Berry's one. Butter replaces the suet. http://www.maryberry.co.uk/recipes/christmas/special-mincemeat

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks Rockwell. :)

The Odlums receive also looks simple enough!

https://www.odlums.ie/recipes/christmas-mincemeat/

Thank you, Freshpopcorn. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

And there we go, the Kellogg’s Christmas ad. No doubt about it now folks! Christmas is coming!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I seen the Guinness ad for the first time tonight, hooray! :)

I can't believe we're into the teens!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I havent seen and ad yet! I need to get on to watching tv at some stage.

The main mall here has its Christmas stuff up now and Micheal Bubble playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Friend took of the Santa in Heuston recently...Unreal !!! Perfect looking Santa !!

Got a 5 more presents yesterday.......but was gone from home all day so boxes of decorations all over the place. House looks like
    bomb site !! I.v lot of work on today, so wont get to it til later.....My Teenager has so much homework she wont get chance to help...

Loving all the Christmas posts. xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

I think that's really lovely. Fair play for all the work that must take. Chocolate biscuit cake and caramel sauce?? I wish you were my friend! ;)

When it comes to Christmas baking and present wrapping, I have military efficiency :D Naturally I will have to sample every caramel sauce I make.....for quality control purposes.....

I'll post you out a friend application!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Send me one too :P

Freshpopcorn, those puds look amazing too! :D

I'm in the office today for the first time in over a week - they have the decs up, I sit at a hot desk and the tree is right in front of me and because there is no one else sitting here, I kinda feel like it's MY tree :P It helps that I have my Christmas dress on too :D

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »

We always use butter for making puddings.We were never into suet but this is available!
    47475632_2204521509581064_6359823860648378368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_eui2=AeGvVsaPOECdtEbZxLhOakxp0AfG4KlhsI-RKwrELI0ppoYPFDFP5afy8cGHg4uPcvmhAcToDRZqImmUaIiP2YKMzMNI9W4lImg0EaP5K0c8jQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=990bd34f858957125f1f5021d712c508&oe=5CA164E1

When it comes to Christmas baking and present wrapping, I have military efficiency :D Naturally I will have to sample every caramel sauce I make.....for quality control purposes.....

I'm the 'what you'd bring to the position section' , if I say I'm a pro at quality control taste testing would that work for or against me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just back from Tiger. All Christmas items are a Euro.

We're unsure about putting up our living room decorations. We have Sky calling to install television just before Christmas and we're afraid if we put up decorations they might be in the way or get damaged.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We're unsure about putting up our living room decorations. We have Sky calling to install television just before Christmas and we're afraid if we put up decorations they might be in the way or get damaged.

A good engineer can work around anything. Furniture, decorations, etc.

There is a compition here to win a €200 voucher for a butchers in Cork.
    It might be useful for your Turkey/Ham.

https://www.ocrualaoi.com/festive-feast-competition-18/?utm_source=Email

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

Just back from Tiger. All Christmas items are a Euro.

I bought some today as well. They kept restocking and I kept going back after I paid for my first lot, and so on. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'd love a slice of Christmas cake just now, with my cuppa!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

I've invited 4 of my friends round the week before Christmas for some food and chats.
    Plsn to stock up on M&S party food and some bits from Dunnes too. Really looking forward to it now :)

• Advertisement

I was in Heatons Today. Well something similar to Heatons.
    It's has a floor of dessigner clothes.(Lacoste, Levis, etc) and very little Christmas stock.
    When did this happen?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement