Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Having a mare today so this forum will cheer me up. Starting to read my kindle at 3:49am as the OH was chatting away in her sleep. finished my book just in time for the 5.30am alarm to go off. Forgot my tie and having the silent treatment from the regional director for getting expenses approved which should not need discussion.

Most of the board leave this Thursday on their Christmas leave which will be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,310 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

In two weeks time the fridge is going to feel very full!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

467920.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Got the christmas RTE guide there at lunch!! looking forward to a browse on the train home this evening now:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

This Day two weeks Elves can you believe it
    I'm already finding it hard to keep track of what date we are

Got my oven professionally cleaned last Thursday, Friday I started decorating my mams house, Saturday rambled into town to soak up the atmosphere, Sunday my pal gave me my Christmas present it was a girly day out at a make up event with lots of free goodies, afternoon tea and lots of Prosecco I was very hungover yesterday but it was worth it we had a great day and night
    Blitzed my house this morning tidying cleaning, finished my mams decorations today and got the tree up il have to take some photos

Himself is away tonight I'm thinking of watching a Christmas movie :)

Hows everyones preparation coming along for the big day ?

• Advertisement

I put up the icecles on Saturday and realised some at the start of them was blown so on Sunday I took them down and put all the blown ones to the end.
    Yesterday I got a new set.
    I put them up Today and started to far down in the house when putting them up so In had to take them down and put them up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Got my copy of the Christmas Guide this evening. There are a lot of great films on over the two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Planning an evening in town with the husband next Friday to have a look around some shops, see the Christmas lights and go for dinner. Now to decide where to go for dinner.... :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ok if time can stand still for like a month so I can get everything ready that would be great.

Loughc wrote: »
    Ok if time can stand still for like a month so I can get everything ready that would be great.

I always want time to stand still when we get to about this time not for getting things done but just the general feeling of Christmas being so near!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I always want time to stand still when we get to about this time not for getting things done but just the general feeling of Christmas being so near!

Yep that as well. Soak it all in more. It literally passes in a flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »

467990.jpeg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

^^ Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Supercell winning the Christmas tree thread with the first non imitation tree.

We had a pal over last night, h elives here alone and has his family in Wales, we were meant to watch the Grinch in the cinema but I had to cancel as I didn't sleep the night before. We ordered in and put on Die Hard. I feel asleep but when I was awake it was Christmasy.

I have my a Christmas party starting at 3pm today, my old firm got bought by a massive firm, when our two year covenant ended we all went our separate ways. But the crew is getting back together for one last jolly. It will be messy and I have a meeting at 9 tomorrow morning that I may have to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Gotta say I'm feeling really emotional this Christmas. Really looking forward to getting home to Tipperary on the 22nd, I'll be picking up my sister halfway and we'll be belting out the Christmas songs in the car. Meeting up with old friends for dinner, playing with my nephew and getting nicely toasted on Christmas day with my entire family. (hopefully no big fights this year). I might go out on Stephen's night but I'm just not bothered with the pub any other night really. I'd rather stay in with my mam and sisters and play board games over a bottle of wine. (old now)

But.....what's making me totes emosh is my granny. She's 89 and keeps going on about how she's not gonna see her 90th birthday in June. She's saying it in a half jokey way but it's actually really upsetting me and making me choke up thinking about how this could be her last Christmas with us. I can't tell her to stop going on about it coz she's a typical elderly person who would get really annoyed and tell me to cop on and man up. :rolleyes:
    I think if I'm not crying by the end of Christmas day it'll be a successful Christmas for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

SarahLil wrote: »
    This Day two weeks Elves can you believe it
    I'm already finding it hard to keep track of what date we are

Got my oven professionally cleaned last Thursday

I got mine done on Monday - I actually love the man that does ours - he's an angel in rubber gloves :P:D

Can't believe it's less than two weeks to go now!

kitten_k wrote: »
    467990.jpeg

Don’t forget we had snow too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Flying home tomorrow :D Well, not home straight away, London first for a wedding. But I'll be back in the motherland in a few days. Can't bloody wait!!

The other half is coming too, her first time in Dublin. Any suggestions on where to bring her? :o Any interesting events happening over the Christmas? She's from London, so that's why I'm struggling with thinking of things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Flying home tomorrow :D Well, not home straight away, London first for a wedding. But I'll be back in the motherland in a few days. Can't bloody wait!!

The other half is coming too, her first time in Dublin. Any suggestions on where to bring her? :o Any interesting events happening over the Christmas? She's from London, so that's why I'm struggling with thinking of things to do.

You could go to the 'Wild Lights' in Dublin Zoo or they're showing various christmas movies in the Lighthouse cinema.

On Friday 21st there is a Winter Solstice parade that starts in DIT Grangegorman Campus and finishes in Smithfield Square
    Indoor festival activities: 4-5.30pm and the outdoor festival and parade: 5.30-7pm.

I suppose it harks back to pagan festivals that would occur on the shortest day of the year. A nice mix of culture and history.

Enjoy your time at home! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Definitely recommend Wild Lights at the zoo :)
    Enjoy showing her around Dublin! Such a gorgeous time of year to visit:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Funnily enough the last few years I've felt a lull in the christmas feeling in the last 2 weeks before finishing up in work, it always get so hectic those last 2 weeks I rarely get time to sit back & take anything in, & its same again this year. End of November we're getting decorations out, ready to put up, adverts on the TV, Christmas FM launching & theres a real buzz, then work choas & the associated stress kicks in & bang all gone until the day we finish work. 2018 has been true to form in that regard! Roll on Friday week!!!;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just got my last three big presents so I'm officially done now bar some stocking fillers! :D

I've also realised that I haven't written one Christmas card & to be honest, I'm not pushed....I need to motivate myself

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Holy moley. A contraption that the little one wants came back into stock on Amazon. Doesn't ship to Northern Ireland. Ended up getting it delivered to a friend in London, and he'll parcel motel it over. Same happened last year too.
    Got the christmas insense sticks up, lovely smell about the house. I put out about 6 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hope everyone is having a cosy evening !

Watching Shop Well for Less on BBC One right now, the couple on this episode owns a fortune in Christmas decorations ! After our own Elves hearts !
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08gfdzg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

beertons wrote: »
    Holy moley. A contraption that the little one wants came back into stock on Amazon. Doesn't ship to Northern Ireland. Ended up getting it delivered to a friend in London, and he'll parcel motel it over.

Nerves of Steel to be cutting it so fine with the postal/courier services in turmoil :eek:

Discovered in another thread the Aldi have Dog Beer for the Festive season - must get some for the girls.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Discovered in another thread the Aldi have Dog Beer for the Festive season - must get some for the girls.

I hope you are talking about female dogs, and you don't mean "the b*tches at work". :pac:

Can't believe the Advent calendar is half over!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

New Home wrote: »
    I hope you are talking about female dogs, and you don't mean "the b*tches at work". :pac:

Ah now :(

Meet Lucy and Heidi the Lhasa Apsos AKA The girls in our house

468049.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They're gorgeous!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Ordered my turkey today I am really late this year
    Watched a christmassy movie last night "Love The Coopers" it was easy watching if you know what I mean I just needed to curl up and switch off
    Bought the Polar Express this evening and watched that too, himself is back late tonight
    I am getting my hair done tomorrow for the Christmas can you believe I am actually saying that, I'll get himself to write the cards tomorrow

Crowdedhouse them girls of yours are so cute

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement