Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That's a pretty dull cover to the Christmas RTE Guide!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Jude13 wrote: »
    After having relatives visit, quality street opened, lots of dinner out and booze for 10 days I decided to weigh myself last night. Now I must add that I usually jog about 25-30km a week but hurt my foot so haven't run in a ten days properly. I ate like it was Christmas day for 10 days. I have put on about 5kg. 6.1kg to be exact but that was at night weighed myself after dinner (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). I can't run, cycle or skip and swimming could be a go but I hate it. So hit the gym last night and at 6am this morning. Going to be a hard slog over Christmas just to keep to this weight with the food and drink I am going to smash.

If it makes you feel any better, I tried on my bridesmaid dress for my cousins wedding next week & there was a horrible moment when I thought it wasn't going to go up :eek: Then I realised that the zip is just awful and it keeps sticking. But the fear is real!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

Heroditas wrote: »
    That's a pretty dull cover to the Christmas RTE Guide!

I think it quite nice. It's a huge improvement over the images of RTE staff on the covers for years. It's not all about them. It's brought the magic of Christmas back being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Some lovely fool has left a big box of quality street open for anyone to take one. This is the first day of my diet.

@cheerlouth the strange thing is that my clothes fit. I dress very casual post work, shorts and T. But my suits are not that snug and havent noticed. I have just gotten very soft and cuddly. NOT fat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DenMan wrote: »
    I think it quite nice. It's a huge improvement over the images of RTE staff on the covers for years. It's not all about them. It's brought the magic of Christmas back being honest.

I was going to post the same thing, I really like the cover. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some lovely fool has left a big box of quality street open for anyone to take one. This is the first day of my diet.

@cheerlouth the strange thing is that my clothes fit. I dress very casual post work, shorts and T. But my suits are not that snug and havent noticed. I have just gotten very soft and cuddly. NOT fat.

Diet in December...?

Sorry, I don't understand....

Loughc wrote: »

It's been designed by an Irish artist too. Her name is Marie-Louise Fitzpatrick. :)

https://www.facebook.com/rteguide/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I know. But its an emergency. I usually put on 5kg ish around christmas, no runnning, at home, chipper etc. So I train to get as low as possible before then. Bear in mind I have a cuddly physique anyway. I was about 6 kg of my comfortable weight, now Im 12kg off it and if I add 5-8 kg on top of that over Christmas it can't be good for me.

Damn it!!!! Eating is a close second to my favorite, sleeping.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Eating is a close second to my favorite, sleeping.

Oh look! A kindred spirit!! :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Morning Elves....I had to give a quick post....I was looking at the weather with MT Cranium.....and in his long range forecast...he said
    there is an increasing chance of sssssnnnnnnoooowwwwwwww.......Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow....
    Sorry Jude if we get it..........LOL....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I used one of those command strip type yokes to hang the wreath on the front door. Noticed this morning that the instructions said wait 24 hrs before use....

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Fierce windy last few days. Our house is very high up. Outside decorations got a battering....I had 2 big fancy bow type decorations
    on each side of the door. Think they are gone as far as the North Pole by now...... I had them secured with fishing gut...which is
    very strong.....
    Hard to resist the decorations, as they are now being reduced. Bought 2 fab white fairies, and a gorgeous snowman with a red hat and
    a pack of 3 baubles yesterday. Came home, and two of the baubles fell from counter top, and went in a million pieces. Glad I had.nt
    paid full price for them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow...

Let it snow alright, provided I don't get stranded somewhere on my way to and from various airports, and that my flights aren't affected (please God!)...

Loughc wrote: »

And so was I. Much better than usual heads on it.

And so was I. Much better than usual heads on it.

Agreed. Sick of seeing Tubs, Miriam and Pat Shortt’s heads on it.

It would be nice if one year they teamed up with An Post and used the Christmas stamps as their cover. They could have different versions, too, like the stamps (Ireland and international), I'd say it'd boost sales, too.

New Home wrote: »
    It would be nice if one year they teamed up with An Post and used the Christmas stamps as their cover. They could have different versions, too, like the stamps (Ireland and international), I'd say it'd boost sales, too.

Yeah that's a really nice idea!

:cool:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭DvB

anyone know when the RTE guide is out on sale?
    Oh and I like the cover this year!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Saw it today.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

47420293_10156451692325189_972346755767074816_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=490d084d6eafdb74230e1a911613fe68&oe=5C962E05

Just back from the shops where I bought the Christmas RTE Guide. :D The staff were just putting them out in Centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Buying the Christmas RTE Guide is the start of Christmas for me. Can't wait to buy it on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Will try to pick it up on the way home so! Failing that tomorrow on the way in!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Forgot I had invited an uncle in for a Christmas dinner. Everything on bar the gravy. Kids got 2 boxes of crackers each to open. And a tenner. But they're more into the crackers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Oh, and I got the tree back up. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Hello folks. Not online here half as much as I would like to be this year. Got some presents wrapped this morning. Just have to figure out when to wrap my mothers presents.

Cold out there tonight!

1ze8oid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Feel like I'm missing loads in here. Very busy in work. Trying to get as much done this week to try and free up some time next for an important event (that right Lough :P)

So jealous of all the trees getting posted in the other thread, wish I could put mine up.

Have all my shopping done and wrapped just need to give them out.

Christmas party was a good night, have our smaller department one next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement