Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Work party tonight. Can't stay long as I'm working again in the morning.

It's 1920s themed, I love it! So I've got on a sequinned, beaded flapper dress, fishnets, beaded heels, feathered headband, cigarette holder, pearls, long satin gloves and a feather boa :D

Figured I'd go all out :D

Male or female ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Male or female ?

:pac: :pac: I'm female

:pac: :pac: I'm female

fishnets, were abouts is it?

fishnets, were abouts is it?

They're only small ones, not the slutty ones :pac:

I'm fat anyway, fishnets are never sexy on the fat birds :pac:

They're only small ones, not the slutty ones :pac:

I'm fat anyway, fishnets are never sexy on the fat birds :pac:

Thats your opinion;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,310 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

47069124_2397654853581358_3911540829453287424_o.png.jpg?_nc_cat=109&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=72a06c091810c8c69cc0e936483e68c0&oe=5C992633

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Put my Christmas stuff on the car today. Got Christmas trees for the windows instead of the reindeer antlers. Also put my waving snowman on the back windscreen

467769.jpeg

^^

Don’t know how to make the picture turn the right way!

kitten_k wrote: »
    ^^

Don’t know how to make the picture turn the right way!

were you get the snowman from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Captain morgans for a tenner!!! Don't usually have it any other time of year. It reminds me of my younger days (early 20s). It great to see everyone getting ready for Christmas now.

The in-laws left yesterday, I missed our Christmas party so we could go out for dinner on Friday.

Last night we put on In Bruges on the projector outside with a fire and hot chocolate. The hot chocolate was good, the fire was too smokey. We had a big fry for the OH's folks last day breakfast. It was quite christmassy.

• Advertisement

were you get the snowman from?

I bought it from Pigsback, you could get Santa or and elf too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Staff Christmas party last night and lets just say I'm feeling a little rough :)

I'm dying and I'm in work. Everyone else in work is far worse than me though, so I'm doing most of the work :pac:

I bought them all cakes, chocolate and red bull :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

The Irish Mail on Sunday today has Nigella Christmas recipes in the magazine supplement. Looking forward to reading that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Been off work since Tuesday, and decided I'd clean the windows. I knocked over the tree. Windows look great though.

47683059_10156459132650189_9189810067187171328_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=a37ac0c887ed7f34ebc2bf2207db837d&oe=5CB18092

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Watching home alone on channel 4. Ah this is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching home alone on channel 4. Ah this is great.

Same here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Santa in Causey Farm today - just out of this world special

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Staff Christmas party last night and lets just say I'm feeling a little rough :)

Well I hope none of your work colleagues work up feeling a little horny :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

47683059_10156459132650189_9189810067187171328_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=a37ac0c887ed7f34ebc2bf2207db837d&oe=5CB18092

Heavy breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

We were just talking earlier about how the Christmas RTE Guide used to be a big thing, don't know when I looked at one last.

Seven Worlds will Collide

We were just talking earlier about how the Christmas RTE Guide used to be a big thing, don't know when I looked at one last.

I buy one every year to read it and do the crossword. I rarely used the TV guide part.

However I noticed last year it’s handy to use the guide to remotely set up tv recordings so I’m really looking forward to this years one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Loughc wrote: »
    Well I hope none of your work colleagues work up feeling a little horny :pac:

Yeah, Christmas party plus booze can equal poor decisions alright! Don't think things got too much out of hand (I hope :))

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We moved to Oslo in the summer. The neighbours have so many lights up. It is so pretty.
    We went to the Vinterestival market yesterday in the city and then for pizza.
    We have loads of snow and we were out attempting to sled earlier.

I feel so disorganised compared to how I was in Ireland but it will be fine once I have the kids sc gifts.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

beertons wrote: »
    Been off work since Tuesday, and decided I'd clean the windows. I knocked over the tree. Windows look great though.

Poetic justice, said the wife after she came home from a colonoscopy.

I got the kids singing mammy did a poo poo, to the Imelda May song.

Yesterday I got up and went to Lidl to get the Chocolate Kimberley and did a few other bits. including waiting for a visitor who was suppose to arrive at 10:30 and didn't show up up nearly 1.
    Then I took window stuff and icecles out of the attic. I got soaked putting up the icecles and after that a section of them was blown so we'd probably buy more tomorrow.
    We also baked a cake and painted the kitchen/living room and I really scrubbed the floors and I went to bed at 6AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I had a pre-Christmas meal with friends yesterday, and it was very nice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

So did I! :)

Maybe it was the same meal. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

After having relatives visit, quality street opened, lots of dinner out and booze for 10 days I decided to weigh myself last night. Now I must add that I usually jog about 25-30km a week but hurt my foot so haven't run in a ten days properly. I ate like it was Christmas day for 10 days. I have put on about 5kg. 6.1kg to be exact but that was at night weighed myself after dinner (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). I can't run, cycle or skip and swimming could be a go but I hate it. So hit the gym last night and at 6am this morning. Going to be a hard slog over Christmas just to keep to this weight with the food and drink I am going to smash.

I love the tree thread, it looks like we are all having a fake Christmas (fake tree=fake Christmas as we all know). Looking forward to the first real tree. I love love love crowdedhouse's tree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement