Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    For a puzzle master it seems very easy to confuse you Derry . .

You aren't great at explaining your tunnelling . . Oh, I am a conspiracy theorist so I must be bad or confusing things . . That's genius . .

In most if not all my responses I refer back to posts and provide links in many cases. You felt I was good and publically asked "what do you think of Clodagh". If you are a wolf you know Im prob good. To anybody this could be viewed as trying to pocket a goody. Because Clodagh was going after me hard at the time its the perfect cover. Yes ? You see the benefit of a wolf doing that ?

And now Clodagh is the "confirmed villager" you are doing the exact same thing . .

If you were a wolf do you not think that is a good tactic ?

And as for being paranoid the most paranoid people will be villagers who have no access to a backroom. You seem quite comfortable posting insinuations with little meat to back it up. THe basis of your argument is that I am paranoid and that you have a bad feeling about me . . For somebody who is able to articulate themselves and work out quite difficult puzzles I find this suspicious . .

Straight out... yes or no. As of now do you think
    A) she's lying?

Or

B) she's a wolf?

Just answer these honestly before you start tunnelling and i will listen if its yes to both.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Can you take us through your thinking on that please?

Well, I was wondering maybe could Clodagh be Jeff Hope with his unique way of killing people. Pills on Day 1, but maybe though on day 2 his unique way is just a bullet. However, if Jeff Hope could kill someone yesterday, that means that Wendy's story on Monday was BS. After I got time to read more on Monday night, I bought Wendy's claim that Jeff would not be able to kill someone the following day having failed to kill Wendy.

So therefore, Clodagh shooting on a day when Jeff should have no kill makes her 'not Jeff' in my book, and more likely vig.

Also, we as a village have been not talking about this blackmail thing. In the same way that some of us thought the mod's note about the Seer death sentence seemed fake, not mod-written, I get the vibe from Clodagh's detail about the blackmail that it is genuine.

Now, that alone could paint her as the blackmailer, but coupled with the vig thing, I'm just finding it hard now to see Clodagh as anything but villager. I'm open to other suggestions though.

You've said to Clodagh in a long post there that you believe her and yourself to be team village, so why have a problem with me doing similar? (If you do have a problem, and not just a wondering).

Gabriel wrote:
    Im sorry Eva but this is a poor excuse. There arent going to be 20 players after the munch. And assuming you wont be reading yourself, the list narrows again. You can give a read on everyone if you want to. It doesnt have to be super deep, but we need the info on what you are thinking, given we dont really have it for D0/D1/D2 (for the most part).

It really isn't a poor excuse Gabriel, and to force someone to do it seems suspicious. If I try to scramble a read on 20 players right now, it will be forced and just to please some people who are strangely, suddenly up for read lists. To get fussy about whether it's 18, 19, 20+ players is a pedantic point IMO, it's still a shít ton of players.

In my reply to you during the night, I've pointed out some of what I've contributed so far. I really don't feel the need to make up for Day 0 and 1 that I missed outside of my control. My TLDR FFA yesterday was a large part of my readings from Day 1 anyway. You yourself have bad feelings about Orla, so can you appreciate that I've put some time into that as well and might not have gotten the free time to pursue all other avenues yet?

You suspected a few players yesterday, but did you post a reads list? Did many players? I really don't know why it's "We need a reads list Eva" suddenly from you and Barbara, and not a more realistic request which could actually be more helpful and authentic to the village.

Away from those questions Gabriel...

You accused Orla of pre-empting or preparing for your responses with her own replies. However, you then went on to pre-empt any village responses if you survive the munch, by listing the scenarios which could see you survive the munch and attempt to explain them away. That, along with you not knowing the BG's name last night, trying to force a villager into doing a reads list, isn't sitting well with me right now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy scepticism in this game. But, it does seem to tie together fairly well that Clodagh is on the up.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I get what your saying but im saying look at the time line.

20:07 clodagh tells des that he's going to be sorry.

20:09 (or so) des posts on thread unrelated to clodaghs post indicating he hadnt seen the post yet.

20:12 werewolf gm says des is dead.

Blackmail indicates a decision needed to be made. If des was nrv fair enough, easy but your suggesting he was the vig. Why would he commit suicide, without using his bullets first btw, to save what to him is an unknown? Also des shooting the other person would have confirmed clodagh as a wolf, no?

I feel like your throwing dust into the air for no reason. Clodagh claimed des would be sorry matter of factly, des died. Im curious about the last bullet thing but I imagine that was to throw the wolves?

That doesn't add up to be honest . .

One question I wanted to post pre munch is why wouldn't wolves Kill Mary? If Clodaghs story is true then the wolves chose Mary (whoever that is in game) to play Russian Routlette. Kill herself or kill Teagan. That means the wolves suspected Mary and Clodagh has told them now who Mary is . .

I am not Mary and I don't see why the wolves would kill me unless I am onto something on some level . . If I am killed I would love to hear Clodagh answer some of my questions and clear up why Mary wasn't killed (the wolves know who Mary is since Clodagh confirmed it).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    My thoughts on all this is...:

Gabriel is an actual flip flop. He is a piece of footwear you wear to the beach. He's what you wear in the swimming pool showers to avoid veruccas. You say you're changing your vote from me -> Riona -> Gertrude -> Eva -> Gertrude and then you inexplicably vote for Orla.

An actual flip flop.

Isla pops in quite late, notices Steve's long post giving the reasons for voting for Doris, says "cheers" and then votes for her. Then posts an FFA after the lynch.

Winifred. This one is very interesting. She posted an FFA early this morning, and changed it later in the day, swapping Gabriel for Barbara. Nothing wrong with that right? Except for her little comments

Now that last post was at 6pm and from the looks of it she's going to lynch Dessie right? But she ends up lynching Barbara. Why would she switch from Dessie to Barbara when Orla was on both FFAs today AND on yesterdays?

Wini's voting pattern makes me suspect both her and Orla.

You maybe the vig, but you sure ain't clever.

I'm good, and like you, I can prove myself.

My candyfloss is getting blown around the place today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Barbara WW was killed.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I’ve reviewed 1 to 6 as promised and they’re clear

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I wasn't sure whether to do this but as Clodagh revealed on thread that Mary Watson was the one blackmailed then I say it is easy for the wolves to spot who is Mary Watson as Tegan died and therefore is the next munch target. I can confirm that I am Mary Watson.

The reason Clodagh knows all the details is that as husband and wife we share a backroom. Therefore I can confirm that everything she has said is true.

My protects were - Clodagh / Derry / Clodagh / Derry.

In relation the blackmail I was just told that I was passed and bullet and a note saying I had to chose between myself and Tegan and couldn't post on thread until I took the shot. If you look at my posts after her death you will see I said it didn't need to be the vig that was shot.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Barbara WW was killed.

Ah balls!!! Should have stayed quiet!

Pter wrote: »
    I dont understand what point you are trying to put across.

Des shoots tegan.

Clodagh puts in blackmail order saying something like 'i want to blackmail des to shoot himself' (the blackmail could be as simple as hijacking the action, not presenting a choice). Mods shoot des on thread.

Im just saying the sequence of events Clodagh has presented isnt 100%. I actually do believe she is probably good, but if we can verify it further (ive presented two ways to do so) we should!

I'm saying there is not enough time for des to make a decision that hurts himself if he is a rolled villager... its 2 or 3 min between his last post and the gm killing him. Blackmail indicates a decision needs to be made

Clodagh has said that she didn't shoot tegan and as a result must have one bullet left. She could have lied and said both were gone if she was a wolf as there were 2 shots. It's why I'm asking her to clear up the comment I quoted.

Fair enough though. I actually thought you were properly trying to discredit her which seemed mad given how weak the evidence was. If clodagh can heal someone in hospital still that would be dead handy however.

• Advertisement

One question I wanted to post pre munch is why wouldn't wolves Kill Mary? If Clodaghs story is true then the wolves chose Mary (whoever that is in game) to play Russian Routlette. Kill herself or kill Teagan. That means the wolves suspected Mary and Clodagh has told them now who Mary is . .

I am not Mary and I don't see why the wolves would kill me unless I am onto something on some level . . If I am killed I would love to hear Clodagh answer some of my questions and clear up why Mary wasn't killed (the wolves know who Mary is since Clodagh confirmed it).
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    I wasn't sure whether to do this but as Clodagh revealed on thread that Mary Watson was the one blackmailed then I say it is easy for the wolves to spot who is Mary Watson as Tegan died and therefore is the next munch target. I can confirm that I am Mary Watson.

The reason Clodagh knows all the details is that as husband and wife we share a backroom. Therefore I can confirm that everything she has said is true.

In relation the blackmail I was just told that I was passed and bullet and a note saying I had to chose between myself and Tegan and couldn't post on thread until I took the shot. If you look at my posts after her death you will see I said it didn't need to be the vig that was shot.

I purposely posted that pre munch . . Any ideas why the wolves wouldn't munch a confirmed BG ?

This is exactly why I expected to be munched this morning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Why didnt you protect yourself? Why Derry?

I purposely posted that pre munch . . Any ideas why the wolves wouldn't munch a confirmed BG ?

No idea at all, unless they weren't paying attention to Clodagh's post.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Hmmmm

I'm not allowed to protect myself.

I had no strong reads on RV's and as he was helpful decided to keep him around.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

OP says he can't protect self.

I'd be interested in the answer to why Derry though too?

I'd have thought that was obvious. I solved the clues on Day One. I was probably the very obvious choice to protect. Could take a risk of not protecting himself as he was still an unknown, whereas I was visible.

Eva WW wrote: »
    You accused Orla of pre-empting or preparing for your responses with her own replies. However, you then went on to pre-empt any village responses if you survive the munch, by listing the scenarios which could see you survive the munch and attempt to explain them away. That, along with you not knowing the BG's name last night, trying to force a villager into doing a reads list, isn't sitting well with me right now.

Thats actually fair. Poorly judged on my part.
    I also accept and am happy with your response with regards to the read list. I do think read lists are excessive and  i wont push you on it.

I really need to read the OP again (and commit it to memory). Id probably go for protecting Derry in that instance as well.

• Advertisement

You have had 4 protects up to day 3 ?

And you have confirmed to the wolves that Derry is ok today so they don't waste a shot on him if Jeff gets a kill later ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

You have had 4 protects up to day 3 ?

And you have confirmed to the wolves that Derry is ok today so they don't waste a shot on him if Jeff gets a kill later ?

BG normally has a night 0 protection tbf.

N0
    N1
    N2

Hmmmm.... Actually 4 protections doesn't add up.

I was able to protect on Sunday. Didn't mean to leave Derry exposed.

4 protects still doesnt add up.

Can you tell us what times and days you input those protect orders please?

Sorry read my protect thread wrong - Clodagh was placeholder first then changed to Derry - so Derry / Clodagh / Derry

Sunday for monday morning
    Monday for tuesday morning
    Tuesday for Wednesday morning

Can you just clarify this please as to the 4 protections?

Sorry read my protect thread wrong - Clodagh was placeholder first then changed to Derry - so Derry / Clodagh / Derry

You are not helping my skepticism.

Ok i seriously need to step away. Ive gotten nothing done this morning.

You are not helping my skepticism.

Am I not right in saying Clodagh could call instant BS on this story though?

• Advertisement

4 protects still doesnt add up.

Can you tell us what times and days you input those protect orders please?

Full list of protects - ignore my previous lists as am reading the dates wrong.

16/09/2018 - 13.38 - Clodagh
    16/09/2018 - 21.27 - Derry
    17/09/2018 - 11.16 - Clodagh
    18/09/2018 - 15.19 - Desmond
    18/09/2018 - 20.57 - Derry (as Desmond was killed)

Advertisement