Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Oh, also, I'm suspicious of both Holly and Steve who swoop in to post their FFAs in the last hour.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Maybe explain why you vanished for the day

Ps if you did already i missed it.

So basically you are answering questions by asking a question. Well that's not suspicious at all.

Why did I "vanish" for the day.? What could I possibly be doing from approx 9 to 19.00... Hmmm I don't know. I can't think of anything.

I wouldn't mind so much you refusing to answer a question but refusing to answer by asking a stupid question is a bit much.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    My records show Barbara, Holly and Steve did do FFAs, though the latter two right before the lynch.

Barbara: Des, Wini
    Holly: Nigel, Orla, Doris
    Steve: Orla, Doris Liam

I have both Holly and Steve's down as appearing after Des' death. I do think the timing of them posting is note worthy.

Had missed Bab's FFA though, cheers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I have both Holly and Steve's down as appearing after Des' death. I do think the timing of them posting is note worthy.

Why are you lying? It's so easy to check your facts like.
    I posted after work at 19.12 and posted 5 times before the Desmond kill was announced at 20.12

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Ah sorry, misunderstood your layout. Just saw "no FFA2" and thought you'd missed them.

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    Why are you lying? It's so easy to check your facts like.
    I posted after work at 19.12 and posted 5 times before the Desmond kill was announced at 20.12

Wow. Chill the beans love. In case you didn't notice that was a pretty long ass post I put together with a clear warning that I may have made mistakes. In fact as soon as Nigel pointed out some mistakes I clarified.

ALSO

I said you posted your FFA after Dessie died. Which you did:
    I agree with a viewpoint and therefore it's a pocket.

so basically your entire contribution lynch low voters and this "pocket".

that's what 230+ posts brings to the game is it?

weak.

switching from Doris to you as suspect number 1

FFA#2
    Orla
    Doris
    Liam

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

So basically you are answering questions by asking a question. Well that's not suspicious at all.

Why did I "vanish" for the day.? What could I possibly be doing from approx 9 to 19.00... Hmmm I don't know. I can't think of anything.

I wouldn't mind so much you refusing to answer a question but refusing to answer by asking a stupid question is a bit much.

Well if you were bothered to read you would see why i voted for you. So I'm not sure exactly what your asking me to explain either my vote on you (which I've answered) or the fact my password was a little off which is self explanatory.

Thanks mods for accepting my vote, i appreciate it.

Steve having read back through tonights posts I probably wouldn't have voted you if I'm honest. As i said, I had a vote on Des and I was trying to deal with a serious incident at work so hadn't read your posts tonight. My vote was based on an ffa i had done before 7.

Am I really the only one here?

Dont worry I'm going to post a load of gifs to get my post count up. I've been busy and havent been able to post but when i do i at least try not to fluff the place out.

Wow. Chill the beans love. In case you didn't notice that was a pretty long ass post I put together with a clear warning that I may have made mistakes. In fact as soon as Nigel pointed out some mistakes I clarified.

ALSO

I said you posted your FFA after Dessie died. Which you did:

Just to finish

Do you know why Mary offed Tegan or are you not at liberty to say?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

aHHg2Mc.gif

lBIZroz.gif

That second gif, that was literally me to the missus. :pac: Have to say, I really did not see that coming. Only for I checked Boards before going to bed and saw a PM from the mods telling me I was still alive, I would be asleep now rather than playing WW.

Clodagh you missed my FFA, somehow, since it is quite detailed and also has a tldr at the end marked 'FFA #2' for those who didn't want to read the long post...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108115890&postcount=1447

You came in hot and heavy for me tonight, after not FFAing me, but if you missed my own FFA it is clear that you did not pay much attention to my posts before making your decision to lynch me.

I said it before when I thought I was doomed - check my votes for a wolf as it is a silly, convenient bandwagon...

Eva: Orla, Abi, Clodagh.

Well, Clodagh's vig claim seems to be solid. I've considered other bad possibilities about how she might have a bullet and not be vig, but they're not as good as the evidence which points to her actually being vig. As well as that, her inkling to shoot Des corresponds with my own feelings about him, so although Clodagh is wrong about me, I really hope she was right about Des and she has my full support in that decision. I didn't appear on her FFA though, so I am curious as to why the sudden change to me.

Orla and Abi - I'd be surprised if there wasn't a wolf in that pair. I had Abi in that FFA, but admitted that I was feeling better about her on Day 2 compared to what I read on Day 1. I get a bit more of a 'help the village...genuinely' vibe from Abi now, but nothing like that from Orla.

Orla

As I said before, Orla has sent us on some wild goose chases the last couple of days. I was starting to think 'tunneled, misguided villager' at one point on day 2, but wtf has she to be tunneling me on? As a low poster, I started engaging. As a sub, I explained my lack of activity and that first post of Eva's.

Still though, I'm the one out of all 'non-contributors/low posters' who just has to die? As a villager, for the good of the village, on Day 2 there are no better leads than to lynch Eva the not-as-low-as-others poster? I dunno, maybe my TLDR FFA on her was something to do with it. An FFA she just responded to with a snide one-liner. Great response for a villager there alright. She even falsely misrepresented and dismissed my reasoning for Des in that chuckled response, Des who was clearly on other people's radar as a bad dude. Whatever about yourself Orla, why the need to drag Des into that response, and to spin my reasoning for him at the same time?

The persistence with Eva's first post was an easy fire to poke. I explained to Orla (pre-sub revelation) what that first post of Eva's meant, she thanked my explanation and it seemed to suffice. But then she brought it back and persisted with it. I eventually had no choice but to reveal as a sub to explain that and my early game scarceness. Still, it wasn't good enough apparently. That got dragged out as long as possible by Orla. So a first post, on day 0, seems shady...Oh no, the game of WW is fúcked :eek:

Then there was the bizarreness pre-lynch of her insisting that I (Eva) meant Gertrude when I said 'You are about to lynch a villager here'. I clearly meant me, never having mentioned Gertrude yesterday and the overall context of my post being about my impending doom. Not just me who clarified for Orla, but other posters questioned how Orla could not see what I meant. At best, after some back and forth, Orla conceded 'Maybe, but I dunno'. That's just mad, why drag out such a relatively meaningless thing at such an important time for the village? Even if I meant Gertrude or Homer Simpson, it seemed like such an inane thing to pull me up on and persist with. Similar to all of your reasoning against me really, I just don't understand if you are village how I can possibly be your PE#1.

These are just examples of pure distraction and deflection from Orla, the individual parts. Then you have her overall projects for distraction - Day 1: reads lists, Day 2: Eva. Go back to Monday between 2pm and 6pm and search Orla's posts. Oh wait, that might take quite some time because that is the way Orla intended it to be. She was talking about these reads lists for quite a while, "I'm going to post a reads list" was said more than once, she got the thread into a debate about read lists vs FFAs in the meantime, MU is even in the discussion, all the while no one really talked about WW suspects or lynch strategy. "I'm going to post a reads list"...it arrives hours later, but the next day Orla uses the fact that I took 90 minutes to post a 500+ word FFA as another bullshít stick to beat me with.

Also Orla, on that, you can disappear from the thread for a couple of hours in the evening because 'kids, life etc' as you replied when someone said 'thread dead'. So you understand real life, but yet you ripped into me for taking 90 minutes to post a long FFA. 90 minutes between 3:30pm and 5pm, when I dunno, some people might be finishing a job or commuting. Just such a strange thing to have a dig at me over. You want the low posters to contribute more, but when they do you taunt them needlessly, reply with snide one liners, spin their words and try to get them lynched.

I don't think you're working for the good of the village, and after all of this I don't think it's because you're innocently misguided. Like, even if Eva's first post is fluffy or shady, even if it took me 90 minutes to post a detailed FFA, even if I meant Gertrude or someone else, so what?! What does any of it mean but to throw shade? As a villager, I really don't have a good feeling about you.

Sort of TLDR: Orla seriously needs to be looked at. I've nothing to lose here. I already believed for about 6 hours that this game of WW was a thing in my past, so I don't care if I'm killed. If I was wolf, I would be looking to calm down now, step back for a bit, maybe try to bury the hatchet with the person who tried to get me lynched. Nope, two days wasted for the village with reads lists and Eva the low poster. The antics of Orla require some scrutiny going into Day 3.

Also, I'd like to propose that while we keep an eye on low posters, the player who sets out to make themselves the highest poster in the game should not be the one to lead that charge or to be unconditionally followed on it. Low posters in this game seem to be worse than dole recipients in AH, and it's all really stemming from one person.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Welp, it wasn't me who caused the mess, but I would have enjoyed the deadroom rather than looking at this mess... again :cool:

If you typed that with a straight face, then honestly fair play :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Eva WW wrote:
    Orla and Abi - I'd be surprised if there wasn't a wolf in that pair. I had Abi in that FFA, but admitted that I was feeling better about her on Day 2 compared to what I read on Day 1. I get a bit more of a 'help the village...genuinely' vibe from Abi now, but nothing like that from Orla.

Ugh. See this is what keeps bringing me back to you, Eva. It's all 'you're no help to the village' and insulting, antagonistic nonsense towards me.

You have absolutely 0 interest in looking into other players, you're completely and utterly obsessed with me.

As is evidenced by your ridiculous, word-vomit diatribe just above.

I don't know what you mean about taking a step back, it makes 0 sense to me, I've been pushing the same narrative on you since day 1.

Maybe I'm tunnelling. I really don't think so though.

It IS possible, believe it or not - to catch a player wolfing off their very first post. Others will testify this is the truth. It's happened on this very forum before, I even did it on another forum in another game.

That a sub then later changes things up... Well of course they will? They are by very nature a different person?

That, however, and this is where my problem with Gabriel who has been bleating that alarm bell ringing, loud 'I've been consistent' drum since yesterday evening - does NOT change the alignment of the player, whoever it may be, behind the the account/role.

So you crying about being a sub, and not being given a chance to prove yourself, is all well and good... but matters not a jot when my read, and I wish you would stop lying about this Eva - is based off not just your former inhabitants post, but also your fluffy, pointless nonsense from Monday.

And as Desmond, now dearly departed, pointed out, you're in the habit of making up fairy tales, aren't you?

Eva WW wrote:
    If you typed that with a straight face, then honestly fair play

Ok, let's think about this for a second.

Who actively pushed the vig forward and continued to bang on about them even after they said they could prove themselves?

Who stated about 599 times about their consistency in that read, that it was just... 'bad'? 'Oh poor wickle ol' me, I was just wrong, but I've been consistent'

Who then, proved to be the complete model of inconsistency by jumping from Clodagh, to Riona, to Eva, to Gertrude, before finally doing the longest jump ever comprehended and landing on Orla.

The answer to all of the above, by the way, is Gabriel.

Clodagh WW wrote:
    Gabriel is an actual flip flop. He is a piece of footwear you wear to the beach. He's what you wear in the swimming pool showers to avoid veruccas. You say you're changing your vote from me -> Riona -> Gertrude -> Eva -> Gertrude and then you inexplicably vote for Orla.

Gabriel seems like he didn't want to be caught on the main wagon tbh. It's baffling behaviour for someone who was bleating about consistency all night.

That being said, that last hour messed with my own head too

Eva WW wrote:
    Then there was the bizarreness pre-lynch of her insisting that I (Eva) meant Gertrude when I said 'You are about to lynch a villager here'. I clearly meant me, never having mentioned Gertrude yesterday and the overall context of my post being about my impending doom. Not just me who clarified for Orla, but other posters questioned how Orla could not see what I meant. At best, after some back and forth, Orla conceded 'Maybe, but I dunno'. That's just mad, why drag out such a relatively meaningless thing at such an important time for the village? Even if I meant Gertrude or Homer Simpson, it seemed like such an inane thing to pull me up on and persist with. Similar to all of your reasoning against me really, I just don't understand if you are village how I can possibly be your PE#1.

Ok, just on this, I am willing to admit I was probably jumping at shadows on this point.

At the time when I read it though, you were responding to Gabriel who was talking about voting Gertie, and you stated that (what I at the time assumed) he would be voting for a villager...

On read back however I can see I probably got the context wrong, so I respectfully withdraw my point in that regard.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Eva revealed the sub info after I had stopped posting and had voted yesterday. I probably would have changed my vote as a lot of why I went her had been her lack of posting/ coasting by till that point. That said a sub does not change her alignment but her posting style sure has changed since then I mean look at the mammoth essay on Orla above! Not sure who I would have changed to though as my other in order of preference were Des (hopefully the SK and we get no pre munch death) and clodagh who since revealed.

At first I didn't like clodagh revealing but if it lead to the SKs death then that might just have been the turning point for the village with the death rate cut from here on.

Clodagh WW wrote:
    Now that last post was at 6pm and from the looks of it she's going to lynch Dessie right? But she ends up lynching Barbara. Why would she switch from Dessie to Barbara when Orla was on both FFAs today AND on yesterdays?

Wini's voting pattern makes me suspect both her and Orla.

Not ignoring this btw, but I have no answers to give. To do so I'd have to know the inner workings of Winnies mind.

I don't think anyone wants to go there :pac:

Eva WW wrote:
    Sort of TLDR: Orla seriously needs to be looked at. I've nothing to lose here. I already believed for about 6 hours that this game of WW was a thing in my past, so I don't care if I'm killed. If I was wolf, I would be looking to calm down now, step back for a bit, maybe try to bury the hatchet with the person who tried to get me lynched. Nope, two days wasted for the village with reads lists and Eva the low poster. The antics of Orla require some scrutiny going into Day 3.

Last post on this before I go back to bed.

No one is above scrutiny, I don't expect to be treated any differently from anyone else in that regard.

But your ultra aggressive, high poster obsessed narrative has a lot of holes in it too Eva.

Take a sec to think about that.

You've rolled back on Des already, you did a nice pretty u-turn on Abi as well.

You've seen me ship a bit of heat so you're doubling down on your flawed narrative of me, with your hyper aggressive posts stating how ' I'm not a good villager' or ' not working in their best interests'
    It's a nice play, I'll give you that.

I won't be taking up the thread today talking about you though, I'll be looking in different directions, as should you if you are (somehow) a villager.

Regardless Of SK, there are an unknown number of wolves remaining to find so us tearing chunks out of each other all day serves no benefit. It'd be essentially a rerun of day 2.

No truce, we'll both be on each others FFAs I expect :pac:

But if you are actually a villager don't become all consumed with one player, when there are, presumably, more than just one baddie left in the game to find.

• Advertisement

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Eva let's be having a blinder of a day tomorrow for you shall we?

Well, sure let's see what I can do Gabriel. If I had have been available to throw myself into WW this week, I would have signed up as a full player and not a sub. I'm doing what I can, and with respect, I hope you have a blinder of a day tomorrow too. I hope others unlike you and I, those who have gone really under the radar, play a blinder too (if they are village).

Like this intense focus on low post counts is crazy, and just not a good metric. Clearly, most of my posts are not one-liners and I think there is a fair debate to be had (somewhere else) about quality versus quantity with the scrutiny of post counts in WW. I know Orla dismissed my posts as meh and lol, but others have said that I'm contributing something including you.

Also, even though I've had to use my rare available WW time to mostly defend myself so far and look into the likes of Orla and Des, I still notice other things. I remember when Clodagh posted 'Mary, get my back tonight' after her vig reveal, one poster replied to Clodagh with 'WTF?'. That to me suggests that poster thought Clodagh meant 'Mary WW', as in dead Mary, so therefore did not know the name of the BG. That to me might be something to follow-up on to see if that player mentioned the BG at any other points in the game, or if it's a thread to pull at. However, my time has been hoovered up with defending myself from a pointless bandwagon and/or building a case against Orla.

Yes, these other players who aren't even reading the OP or are too familiar with it at this stage, it's me who should have been lynched or who needs to up their game.

Then I notice another poster who in the midst of the disarray between 7pm and 9pm last night just saunters in with 'Hi guys :)' That counts as a post though and goes to that poster's post count which should make them golden to some. This almighty post count which is used to say 'Well at least those people are contributing'. Contributing what? 'Hi guys' on that kind of evening on Day 2? Come on.

I'm not saying that to throw shade on that poster, hence me not naming them. I'm just pointing out the fallacy with post counts, how strange it is that I'm the 'low contributor' who needed to be lynched, and that I am the one who needs to play a blinder tomorrow...With that utter shítshow of a vote on Day 2, all villagers need to play a blinder tomorrow.

Yeah some others might have said similar, but I gave detail and several original reasons why I believed the mod's note about the Seer's death sentence was likely bullshít. I suspected Des as a sinister guy and gave detail in a few posts why before the vig arrived and shot him. I'm trying. Like seriously, I saw someone give one word, just 'Tone', as their reason for putting someone on their Day 2 FFA, but I need to up my game? I will continue to do what I can for the village and will seek to improve in the process, but I'm actually grand with my contribution at the moment. Others can accuse you of flip-flopping Gabriel, but it actually saved a villager in me, so you're doing alright too.

Last post on this before I go back to bed.

No one is above scrutiny, I don't expect to be treated any differently from anyone else in that regard.

But your ultra aggressive, high poster obsessed narrative has a lot of holes in it too Eva.

Take a sec to think about that.

You've rolled back on Des already, you did a nice pretty u-turn on Abi as well.

You've seen me ship a bit of heat so you're doubling down on your flawed narrative of me, with your hyper aggressive posts stating how ' I'm not a good villager' or ' not working in their best interests'
    It's a nice play, I'll give you that.

I won't be taking up the thread today talking about you though, I'll be looking in different directions, as should you if you are (somehow) a villager.

Regardless Of SK, there are an unknown number of wolves remaining to find so us tearing chunks out of each other all day serves no benefit. It'd be essentially a rerun of day 2.

No truce, we'll both be on each others FFAs I expect :pac:

But if you are actually a villager don't become all consumed with one player, when there are, presumably, more than just one baddie left in the game to find.

Morning Orla.

Now you're painting me as ultra aggressive, accusing me of rolling back on Des (see my last post where I own my thoughts on Des) while at the same time finally affording me a decent response and some light at the end of your tunnel against me...would that not be you rolling back on me in that case?

Now you're accusing me of having a high poster obsessed narrative...seriously, are you taking the piss at this stage? I'm replying to your day long crusade to get a low poster lynched, if there was an obsession it was yours. You're unbelievable to try to spin that in such a way against me, never mind to try to accuse someone else of a "false narrative"

Btw, what do you actually mean about rolling back on Des? I think it's obvious why I, and others, rolled back on Des last night. He was vig killed, and many of us were thrown into disarray with our voting plans obviously. I wasn't even voting for you, I was going with Des until he got killed. If I shouldn't be rolling back on him now, what should I be doing with a dead player?

I know I can't definitively prove that I was going to vote for Des. However, I had said during the day that I wasn't definitely voting for you, that I had begun to think you were misguided villager where as Des seemed more "sinister". I also thanked somone's post saying 'Damn, now I need to change my vote' after Des was shot. Also, this was my first post after I saw the vig events...
    Well Ho.Li.Shee

Guess I can't vote for Des now tonight Orla.

So, not sure how I rolled back on Des before he was shot, or how it's relevant to making you look any better. I think he was SK, and I believe you are a distracting, spinning wolf.

Ok Orla, about the high-poster obsession thing, I misunderstood what you wrote there and thought you were accusing me of that. Still though, my point stands that you accusing anyone of building a false narrative is rich. It's not a "nice play" so you don't have to "give me" anything. It's the way I see it. Really, what net use have you been to the village when we take everything into account?

I agree with you on one thing though, this is not something which should take up another day of the village's time and focus. There are likely other wolves out there even if you or I are one of them. They will be delighted to see us go at it for another day and keep themselves in the shade.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Eva revealed the sub info after I had stopped posting and had voted yesterday. I probably would have changed my vote as a lot of why I went her had been her lack of posting/ coasting by till that point. That said a sub does not change her alignment but her posting style sure has changed since then I mean look at the mammoth essay on Orla above! Not sure who I would have changed to though as my other in order of preference were Des (hopefully the SK and we get no pre munch death) and clodagh who since revealed.

At first I didn't like clodagh revealing but if it lead to the SKs death then that might just have been the turning point for the village with the death rate cut from here on.

Thanks for explaining your Eva vote, Abi.

About the change in posting styles...It's almost like what I said was true, isn't it? That a completely different person made that first post of Eva's. That I am a sub who was ill-prepared, but is now gradually trying to get into the game.

Morning all!

Just to finish

Do you know why Mary offed Tegan or are you not at liberty to say?

Mary was blackmailed by Charles Augustus Magnussen. She was given the choice to shoot herself or Tegan. She chose Tegan.

(Sorry for the individual posts quoting people. I'm on mobile And can't figure out how to quote a few people in 1 post)

Welcome back Eva!
    Eva WW wrote: »

Clodagh you missed my FFA, somehow, since it is quite detailed and also has a tldr at the end marked 'FFA #2' for those who didn't want to read the long post...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108115890&postcount=1447

You came in hot and heavy for me tonight, after not FFAing me, but if you missed my own FFA it is clear that you did not pay much attention to my posts before making your decision to lynch me.

I said it before when I thought I was doomed - check my votes for a wolf as it is a silly, convenient bandwagon...

Eva: Orla, Abi, Clodagh.

Well, Clodagh's vig claim seems to be solid. I've considered other bad possibilities about how she might have a bullet and not be vig, but they're not as good as the evidence which points to her actually being vig. As well as that, her inkling to shoot Des corresponds with my own feelings about him, so although Clodagh is wrong about me, I really hope she was right about Des and she has my full support in that decision. I didn't appear on her FFA though, so I am curious as to why the sudden change to me.

Firstly, in future could you mark em "#FFA2" and not "FFA#2" it'll be found it when searching. Apologies for missing you though.

And I owe you an apology for jumping on you after I shot Desmond. In post #1621 i suggested switching to the next person on the FFAs list, you, or to the lowest poster. I was trying to avoid an even messier lynch vote than I knew my antics has caused. Not that it worked mind you. I don't think we could have gotten a messier lynch of we tried.

I will admit that I missed the part about you being a sub. Sorry. If it makes you feel any better both Orla and Winifred are at the top of my #ffa3 today. Winifred's very strange decision not to lynch Babs over Orla, despite Orla being on her ffa1 and both her ffa2s seems too much like wolf antics to me.

Clodagh WW wrote:
    Now that last post was at 6pm and from the looks of it she's going to lynch Dessie right? But she ends up lynching Barbara. Why would she switch from Dessie to Barbara when Orla was on both FFAs today AND on yesterdays?

Wini's voting pattern makes me suspect both her and Orla.

Not ignoring this btw, but I have no answers to give. To do so I'd have to know the inner workings of Winnies mind.

I don't think anyone wants to go there :pac:

It's proof enough for me. I also don't like how you immediately tried pocket me right after I suggested that I was going to make a move. The post was something like "take me if you have to. Just not Clodagh"

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Morning all!

Mary was blackmailed by Charles Augustus Magnussen. She was given the choice to shoot herself or Tegan. She chose Tegan.

Ok...It's early but how did I miss that Mary shot Tegan?

Vote for me if you have to, don't vote for Clodagh.

Yeah his was the one. It appeared fairly quickly after I suggested I was going to do something to prove why I shouldn't be lynched. Looks like you're trying to martyr youself there but I don't see the same community spirit after Dessie got shot.

Both Dessie and Eva pulled you up on that little comment too.

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »

Ok...It's early but how did I miss that Mary shot Tegan?

Mary Watson (I need to use her full name from now on) shot Tegan. Someone had asked before and I answered but it got lost seeing as it was just before the lynch.

Advertisement