Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Derry WW wrote:
    Wolves would have had to have peeked Watson & Mary.

Only other way I could see it working is if they found real Mary or Watson and blackmailed info of the others identity out of them. But yeah it's a stretch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Morning all!

Mary was blackmailed by Charles Augustus Magnussen. She was given the choice to shoot herself or Tegan. She chose Tegan.
    Mary, my wife is indeed still around.

Confirmed that Mary was blackmailed into killing Teagan. That means the wolves chose Mary (Brendan) and Teagan and made Mary kill either one.

Then by confirming "my wife is still indeed around" its saying Mary is alive . .

I can think of this being a good or bad thing for the village . . I am honestly not sure what is going on but a lot of things don't seem to add up. . Including Derrys SK claim (if that's what his post is)

@Liam - sorry meant to quote you
    Riona WW wrote: »
    Confirmed that Mary was blackmailed into killing Teagan. That means the wolves chose Mary (Brendan) and Teagan and made Mary kill either one.

Then by confirming "my wife is still indeed around" its saying Mary is alive . .

I can think of this being a good or bad thing for the village . . I am honestly not sure what is going on but a lot of things don't seem to add up. . Including Derrys SK claim (if that's what his post is)

I have to get some work done today . . Will try and pop in when I can . .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    If you're gonna drag me over the coals about this, you might want to read more into the context - I was already arguing against lynching you before you outed.

But, whatever. I'm not spending much time on this today because your theory is simply bonkers.

What's bonker's is how Wini called for yourself and Des to be killed on day 1, she repeated that call on the morning of day 2 and again later that evening. 3 times she called to have you killed. She went so far as to rank the order in which ye should be killed: 1. Des. 2. You 3. Babs.

Now lets assume she had Des as her lynch. She must have been watching what was going on but didn't post during that time (Exhibit A). If she was watching but not posting, she clearly saw that many people had it in for you Orla. By all accounts she wanted you dead, she had even voted for you herself in lynch1 (Exhibit B). But for some very very strange reason, she decided to buck the trend entirely and go for Barbara. (Exhibit C)

Surely in the chaos of yesterday if you're gonna pick someone from your FFA to lynch you'd chose to lynch the person who's been on your FFA for days and whom other people are voting for instead of the person you just added to your FFA a few hours ago.

Both you and Wini are wolves. I'm convinced of it now.

I have my suspicions on a third but I'm gonna keep reading

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Including Derrys SK claim (if that's what his post is)

The gif?

It was a comment on Nigel's "rejoice villagers" comment. Nigel feels like someone who constantly is trying to integrate himself into the village with such comments that can feel very "greets, fellow goodies!". It feels a bit insincere

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    The gif?

It was a comment on Nigel's "rejoice villagers" comment. Nigel feels like someone who constantly is trying to integrate himself into the village with such comments that can feel very "greets, fellow goodies!". It feels a bit insincere

Ah right . . . So you were insinuating that Nigel was the "greetings fellow vilagers" . .

Well Derry, let me ask you, what do you think of Brendan and Clodaghs story ?

It doesn't add up to me but that doesn't necessarily make them bad.

Since I do go down rabbit holes a lot (got two bunnies so my affection for rabbits extends beyond this village) I can see multiple ways it could be good or bad for the village. .

Riona WW wrote:

Look all our RVs can't be dead. If Bren and clodagh are scamming us it will come out eventually. I'm not advocating anyone reveal...I just can't think of another way to question the lovely married couple.

That they share a room wasn't in the op (which I have now reread) so there could be other stuff in play as well. Who knows what other goodies the wolves have to balance out that shared room. Maybe it's a blind blackmail. So they name the role, not the anon account. That would certainly explain it, although that's an insane power if so.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

So, looking into Doris who took my place in the deadroom...

I might not be sure of Steve's honor, but I am sure he provided a comprehensive list of all Doris' posts yesterday. Plus, I can agree with him that I think it's a whole lot of fluff.

Steves post of all of Doris' posts :pac: - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108118020&postcount=1636

To offer some of my own original thoughts...

Doris did make this comment which makes me raise an eyebrow...
    Doris wrote:
    Its nice of the Game Mods to let us know their are no tasks........

Just a shed load of riddles and mysteries!!

I could be wrong, but that tone of Doris' thanking the mods seems sarcastic. Usually, it is a good thing for the village to know there are no tasks. It can help them focus on other things and not accusing every second post of containing a task.

Tasks can be hard for wolves to pull off, but they are definitely a great way to keep the village distracted, paranoid and dissecting every single sentence of every post. If Doris was at all against the mods telling us there are no tasks in the game, I would be suspicious of her as wolf.

Then a series of posts...
    Doris wrote:
    Whats next to solve? :D
    Doris wrote:
    We still trying to figure this out?
    Doris wrote:
    Im very confused right now

Yep, take a look for yourselves at Steve's post if you need to, but unfortunately the bulk of Doris' posts are similar one-liners and/or hollow fabric like above.

Also wolfy - Whether deliberate or a mistake, she attempted to convey Moriarty's power falsely in the thread...
    Doris wrote:
    Excluding Moriarty who needs two full peeks. Blend in as nrv or good idea, peek as good, carry out evil deeds.

Then backed down with this when challenged...
    Doris wrote:
    Ah i see. I thought it meant he was an alpha and needed two peeks to appear as evil.

Right, could be an honest misunderstanding of the OP, but still could be wolfy and an attempt to mislead the village about wolf powers.

Then, more filler along the lines of...
    Doris wrote:
    Da fcuk!!!
    Doris wrote:
    Misinformation

Hmm, just pointless stuff.

In fairness though, Doris did make attempts to solve the Seer death sentence riddle. She made many contributions to that which would seem like a villager move, after funny enough, not making any contributions to the clues earlier in the game which could unveil wolf powers.

And it's not that she wasn't on thread when the wolf clues were being solved or discussed, as she had this to say...
    Doris wrote:
    What's next to solve? :D
    Doris wrote:
    We still trying figure this out?

So, in summation, while I can't nail my flag to the 'We definitely got a wolf in Doris' post as I'm not the Priest, I have a strong leaning that she was a wolf. Katie though, I'll have to look into that, but bear with me village and Orla, I'm honestly trying to look at other things here that I haven't looked at yet. Time in RL is still a bitch for me, whether people want to believe/accept that or not.

You maybe the vig, but you sure ain't clever.

I'm good, and like you, I can prove myself.

My candyfloss is getting blown around the place today.
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Barbara WW was killed.

Just got as far as this (Sorry I'm replying as I'm catching up)

Soo.... Is everyone alright with me shooting Wini?

The "sure ain't clever" part is in reference to me accidentally outing Brendan as bg to the wolves. The wolves picked asked Brendan to kill themselves or Tegan. Brendan shot Tegan. When I came out I told everyone that Mary Watson killed Tegan, thereby outing her.
    Sorry wifey! I'll bring home the champagne and roses to make it up to you!

And also sorry to you guys. I got kinda swept up with my reveal and gave away too much info after.

Also I'm totally gonna shoot Wini, k?

AND if anything I reckon this confirms my theory about Orla too.

• Advertisement

Just got as far as this (Sorry I'm replying as I'm catching up)

Soo.... Is everyone alright with me shooting Wini?

The "sure ain't clever" part is in reference to me accidentally outing Brendan as bg to the wolves. The wolves picked asked Brendan to kill themselves or Tegan. Brendan shot Tegan. When I came out I told everyone that Mary Watson killed Tegan, thereby outing her.
    Sorry wifey! I'll bring home the champagne and roses to make it up to you!

And also sorry to you guys. I got kinda swept up with my reveal and gave away too much info after.

Wait for Wini to respond before you do, please just trust me on that. I got a PM in the last hour which can explain Wini's bizareness.

And if it is true and genuine, it's huge for the village.

Also I'm totally gonna shoot Wini, k?

AND if anything I reckon this confirms my theory about Orla too.

Wait on both of them, yes even Orla, please.

You must trust me on Orla, cause an hour ago I would have pulled that trigger for you.

Clodagh?

Well Derry, let me ask you, what do you think of Brendan and Clodaghs story ?

It doesn't add up to me but that doesn't necessarily make them bad.

I buy the story, at least for now. Though I don't want to clear anyone 100%

I feel the amount of misfortunes for the village it would take for their story not to leak would be too great. Not just in terms of the wolves needing to off Watson & Mary, but also needing to off the priest as well. The entire play needs them to have offed those three. Cause any of those three could destroy the story, right?

Clodagh, I trust cause of the vig element. And she's not calling BS on Brendan.

So Occum's razor is that Clodagh and Brendan are more likely good than bad. Unless there's a counter claim, or someone I feel might be worth listening too can convince me otherwise, I feel the story means you've got to trust them, right?

That, btw, is not a call for anyone to out themselves either right now, before its twisted that way.

Ooooh, Eva got a message? This should be good....

Guys, wtf? Did someone fart?

Hmm, vig starts threatening a shot and the thread suddenly goes quiet.

I have unfortunately nothing to contribute on Brendan and Clodagh, but I've come into information about Winifred which makes me hope you didn't take that shot yet. She needs the chance to say her piece first.

Derry WW wrote: »
    That, btw, is not a call for anyone to out themselves either right now, before its twisted that way.

Ooooh, Eva got a message? This should be good....

We need to hear from Clodagh or Winifred first before I go any further on that.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    How did Mary get the bullet. Did the wolves give it to her and make her choose?

Like if it works this way, then surely clodagh could be a wolf blackmailing the actual vig (dessie?) Into shooting himself?

This is all cleared up if clodagh nominates someone to heal and they then get healed.

I actually healed a second person and I find it interesting that they never came out and shared that with the group.

I'm also finding your theories about why I'm not the vig to be very interesting. They don't make a whole lot of sense as Gertie pointed out but the fact that your making them seems to me like your grasping at straws. I also don't like this post of yours.
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Im calling it now btw. I doubt Orla or myself will be targeted for munch.

I dont think the wolves will target figures of controversy/conflict. I think they are probably happy to leave us tearing each other apart (or happy to leave me battle Orla if she is a wolf, so that it doesnt undermine her credibility).

If i should die, however, please pause for some thought with regards to killing Orla - it could be a setup to paint her as wolfy trying to eliminate one of the louder voices against her.

Seems to me like you're trying to make a case for why you guys, as high posters, haven't been targeted. That coupled with your flip flopping last night means that I'm not liking what I'm reading of yours

Clodagh did you shoot Wini?

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    We need to hear from Clodagh or Winifred first before I go any further on that.

Howd you get the message? You certain it's from clodagh?

I've held off with my gun for now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I don't understand why you're shooting Winifred anyway? Because she said you weren't clever, when you admit yourself that your play wasn't clever?

Can you elaborate for those of us slow on the update?

Howd you get the message? You certain it's from clodagh?

I've held off with my gun for now.

Cool, well just bear with me for a second. Putting the kettle on and rolling a smoke for this...

Clodagh WW wrote:
    I'm also finding your theories about why I'm not the vig to be very interesting. They don't make a whole lot of sense as Gertie pointed out but the fact that your making them seems to me like your grasping at straws. I also don't like this post of yours.

You need someone pulling you story apart now so that it doesn't become doubted at a crunch time. I don't apologise for my skepticism.
    Clodagh WW wrote:
    Seems to me like you're trying to make a case for why you guys, as high posters, haven't been targeted. That coupled with your flip flopping last night means that I'm not liking what I'm reading of yours

I'm speculating yes. As I have already admitted that may have been a poorly judged post, but I can't do anything about that now. I stand by the content....there has to be a reason the high posters aren't getting silenced. From my point of view I know I'm good, so it's important I ask why, if Orla is also good, are neither of us being targeted.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I don't understand why you're shooting Winifred anyway? Because she said you weren't clever, when you admit yourself that your play wasn't clever?

I wanted to shoot Wini because Babs got shot straight after that.

I've a feeling I know how this Wini post is going to go though.

Nigel WW wrote: »

Because she made a concerning vote last night. After singing for the deaths of Des and Orla since Monday, Wini then voted for Barbara in her lynch. She was really puffy about Orla, so it begged the question why she chose not to vote Orla in the lynch. I might know the reason why now.

Also Nigel, Clodagh explained this shít in the last hour, read some posts will ya?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Oh so you just mean that Clodagh confirmed that Mary Watson was alive? I thought you meant that she had outed Brendan as Mary Watson.

I wanted to shoot Wini because Babs got shot straight after that.

I've a feeling I know how this Wini post is going to go though.

Sorry, I misread the lynch announcement as her being killed by Wini.

Still don't trust her though.

The lack of flavour in the kill posts makes it really hard to keep track of em

Liam WW wrote: »
    I thought you meant that she had outed Brendan as Mary Watson.

I did that too. I outed Bren to the wolves.

• Advertisement

Clodagh WW wrote:
    The lack of flavour in the kill posts makes it really hard to keep track of em

Fyi post 3 in thread has a list of the deaths.

Advertisement