Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    I don't mind you being concerned Derry , but for Dessie and the other two I would prob still be looking your way . . . I don't trust you and do feel you would be good at ushering me the wrong way if that was your thing.

Incidentally its a bit rich you talking about me avoiding questions that you have continually done for the entire game but I suppose p

Just today I asked you about why you didn't get involved in anyway in the potential seer kill riddle and I dont recall you answering it . . Interestingly Gaby saw that post and thought it was relevant but me actually deflecting . . That must be nice to have somebody who will ignore something dodgy about you so they can railroad their suspicions of somebody else into their FFA. .

Ahem...
    Derry WW wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a fair concern.

The answer basically is I couldn't formulate any answers to it, and my style isn't to brute force puzzles.

When I was doing the two puzzles on Day 1, I didn't throw out random answers to a huge extent. I posted my best guess when I had them, and discussed possible ideas of how to get answers. Last night, the few answers I could come up with (and there weren't many, because anything I did come up with didn't fit the entire riddle) had already been guessed.

Once Orla pointed out the possibility the note was a trap, I posted pretty strenuously that I agreed with that assessment. So, in a way, it could be argued that I did post an answer to the riddle, and the answer was "This is a trick" :P

So, I'm just levelling with you here.

The interaction I've had tonight with you scares the hell out of me.

The reason I asked you what your read of Clodagh's FFAing of me was, quite simply, because I had you in my good column. I was genuinely curious about what your take was on that FFA, partily cause you were on it, and partially, as I explained in my FFA, I thought it was suspicious as hell of Clodagh.
    #FFA2

1. Clodagh - I tend to avoid "tit for tat" voting. That isn't what this is though.

Earlier, I listed three names. Myself, Clodagh and Gert. Three people who put in FFAs AND voted within the top 2. I figured there's a good chance one wolf would have wanted to appear super helpful in that manner. I know its not me, so I figure Clodagh or Gert.

Clodagh then shortly afterwards puts me on her FFA with horrid reasonings.

I feel as if Clodagh hasn't aimed bugger all at me today, but when I start progressing down a path that has me worried about her slightly, suddenly I'm on her FFA? And if she'd even said it was a tit for tat thing, fine, but it's the flimsy excuse of putting me on there that worried me.

Really, all I wanted was to see what reads others got of Clodagh's choice. That I asked you was because you were posting at the time, I had you in my "more trustworthy than others" column and I wanted to get a read on if I was crazy. I also felt you'd been quite active today, and were presenting thoughts about Clodagh. I felt it was a relevant question.

That you've jumped through so many hoops, and have gotten super antagonistic, rather than just giving me your thoughts about it, has me super worried now.

Maybe you're just a hyperactive villager seeing wolves all around him. But as a villager myself, your refusal to commit to an answer, and over-reaction to what I see as a pretty simply question, has me concerned now. At the very least, your posts this evening have thrown red flags up all over the place for me.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Can anyone who is on Clodagh and/or Des give me an argument for either? I have pretty neutral reads on both of them which actually worries me.

As above, my personal concern with Clodagh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Reasons given for Clodagh:
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Clodagh - sitting back and letting things happen. Pokes issues but won't raise them initially. Typical wolf seeing which way the wind is blowing. Repeats this when she rebutts riona this afternoon. Post 1385. Look how neutral and mitigated that post is. She is accusing riona without actually saying it. Trying to look reasonable and fair despite trying to set riona up (could be bussing). Subtle steering of village agogo.
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    #FFA2

1. Eva
    2. Des
    3. Clodagh

I gave detail in my longer FFA earlier. For me each of these fit the wolf skirting by, the loud wolf trying to direct the village and the one saying a lot without saying anything. Said i'd probably do another standard FFA when asked earlier and wanted to stick to my word. Been on thread since 6.30am and probably wont be on much later but voted already.
    1. Clodagh - I tend to avoid "tit for tat" voting. That isn't what this is though.

Earlier, I listed three names. Myself, Clodagh and Gert. Three people who put in FFAs AND voted within the top 2. I figured there's a good chance one wolf would have wanted to appear super helpful in that manner. I know its not me, so I figure Clodagh or Gert.

I feel as if Clodagh hasn't aimed bugger all at me today, but when I start progressing down a path that has me worried about her slightly, suddenly I'm on her FFA? And if she'd even said it was a tit for tat thing, fine, but it's the flimsy excuse of putting me on there that worried me.

(I also tell you what I noticed as well; I asked Riona what she thought of Clodagh FFAing me, and she vanished for a bit and seems to have ignored the question. That's not suspicious enough to warrant me FFAing her right now, but it definitely set a flag up).
    Clodagh. Tbh reading the clodagh v Riona interactions over the past hour (hour of reading) i dont understand why she wont drop it. Personally I believe that Riona's mistake was just that as i outlined earlier. Give it a rest.
    2. Clodagh - Fairly weak attack and refused to even awknowledge my responses, consistently misinterpreting the points I was making

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Orla WW 214
    Gabriel WW 196
    Desmond WW 123
    Riona WW 108
    Derry WW 83
    Clodagh WW 75
    Conor WW 74
    Barbara WW 71
    Abigail WW 63
    Winifred WW 51
    Doris WW 50
    Nigel WW 46
    Brendan WW 42
    Wendy WW 40
    Isla WW 37
    Gertrude WW 22
    Steve WW 21
    Eva WW 21
    Holly WW 21
    Liam WW 17

75 posts to the thread, treble what the bottom 3 posters have done.

You said earlier - we'll catch out the high posters eventually.

And now you're backtracking on that.

I just want to know why tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Okay so I'm back and I see I'm up for the lynch. You guys REALLY shouldn't lynch me. I'll get to why shortly.

But first in response...
    Clodagh. Tbh reading the clodagh v Riona interactions over the past hour (hour of reading) i dont understand why she wont drop it. Personally I believe that Riona's mistake was just that as i outlined earlier. Give it a rest.

I wasn't fighting with her over that mistake about using the wrong tense. I actually fully accept that was a mistake. It was her position on the vig that I was arguing with her about
    #FFA2

(I also tell you what I noticed as well; I asked Riona what she thought of Clodagh FFAing me, and she vanished for a bit and seems to have ignored the question. That's not suspicious enough to warrant me FFAing her right now, but it definitely set a flag up).

I will absolutely admit the reasoning is incredibly flimsy, in fact I said so in yesterday's FFA. I had planned to look into you more today but I got sidetracked by prodding Riona.
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    a) Clodagh is alive and available to be talked to, ask her what you want to know.

Hola! You might wanna ask quickly though...
    Clodagh - sitting back and letting things happen. Pokes issues but won't raise them initially. Typical wolf seeing which way the wind is blowing. Repeats this when she rebutts riona this afternoon. Post 1385. Look how neutral and mitigated that post is. She is accusing riona without actually saying it. Trying to look reasonable and fair despite trying to set riona up (could be bussing). Subtle steering of village agogo.

I was probing and asking questions of Wendy yesterday. Specifically what she meant by arsonist. Conor was asking too. None of ye seemed to notice that though. You can point to my "neutral and mitigated" style but that's actually just how I talk and write IRL. Also trying to be measured in my response instead of guns blazing means I'm a wolf?

Now... onto what I opened with. You really shouldn't kill me and I can prove it. Who has come in 2nd place in the FFAs?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I'm finding it hard to move away from Des or Orla for my vote.

I feel Orla is largely wasting the village's time - yesterday it was reads lists, today it is Eva. But is it the purposeful actions of a wolf? Hmm.

Where as Orla could just be misguided and tunneled villager, I have a more sinister feeling about Des.

It seems though that people are talking about Clodagh - That's why all this shít with me and Orla is frustrating...it has taken some of my time away from looking at other people, like Clodagh.

I want to be a useful villager with my vote, but unless someone can summise the evidence or something compelling for me about Clodagh, me voting for her at this late stage would just be me bandwagoning.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

7 people who havent given FFAs: you guys suck.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Orla WW 214
    Gabriel WW 196
    Desmond WW 123
    Riona WW 108
    Derry WW 83
    Clodagh WW 75
    Conor WW 74
    Barbara WW 71
    Abigail WW 63
    Winifred WW 51
    Doris WW 50
    Nigel WW 46
    Brendan WW 42
    Wendy WW 40
    Isla WW 37
    Gertrude WW 22
    Steve WW 21
    Eva WW 21
    Holly WW 21
    Liam WW 17

75 posts to the thread, treble what the bottom 3 posters have done.

You said earlier - we'll catch out the high posters eventually.

And now you're backtracking on that.

I just want to know why tbh.

WHAT HAS SHE CONTRIBUTED. Not how much has she posted.

Do some analysis for gods sake. Ive done mine and am happy with my choice.

Eva WW wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to move away from Des or Orla for my vote.

I feel Orla is largely wasting the village's time - yesterday it was reads lists, today it is Eva. But is it the purposeful actions of a wolf? Hmm.

Where as Orla could just be misguided and tunneled villager, I have a more sinister feeling about Des.

It seems though that people are talking about Clodagh - That's why all this shít with me and Orla is frustrating...it has taken some of my time away from looking at other people, like Clodagh.

I want to be a useful villager with my vote, but unless someone can summise the evidence or something compelling for me about Clodagh, me voting for her at this late stage would just be me bandwagoning.

Vote for me if you have to, don't vote for Clodagh.

Reasons for Desmond:
    Des...

Post 491 from Des is what initially made me raise an eye-brow. To be outright dismissing the hospital as the work of SK, when the deaths still could happen 'munch to munch', was unnecessarily dismissive at that time and potentially dangerous to the village. Looking to completely rule out SK even though the OP points to SK, and at the same time try to move this onto the wolves, not a village friendly move.

At that time, it was good for the village to keep an open mind. However, looking to rule out the most obvious explanation in favor of an even more unlikely one is suspicious for me.

Also, I didn't like the fact that although Des was not in favor of FFAs, was pushing the reads lists, that he persisted with Liam to provide a third name for Liam's FFA. Could be a villager just a little too eager with every player, or a wolf looking to fuel distraction and throw shade.

Between Des and Orla, I feel there's been a lot of distraction and shade. Sure, one person's 'distraction' could be another person's 'just covering all bases' or 'shaking a few trees', but I feel Orla and Des went beyond just trying to provide the village with options yesterday. There was a whole load of posts in the thread yesterday, but not a proportionate amount of substance, and I feel Des was responsible for that if not as much as Orla.
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    #FFA2

1. Eva
    2. Des
    3. Clodagh

I gave detail in my longer FFA earlier. For me each of these fit the wolf skirting by, the loud wolf trying to direct the village and the one saying a lot without saying anything. Said i'd probably do another standard FFA when asked earlier and wanted to stick to my word. Been on thread since 6.30am and probably wont be on much later but voted already.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Des: I don’t know what to make here. Won’t engage properly, won’t answer questions properly, generally just rude. Makes lots of pronouncements but really slow to back anything up. Could be play style or just a wolf derailing the village. Either way it’s odd and dodge
    Don't need logic, I just know things.

Change to #ffa2:

Desmond (lynch 2nite)
    Orla (lynch 2moro)
    Babs (shoot, or if not posible, lynch the day after)
    #ffa2

Des... i think des is the sk, plain and simple. I think the sk is still in hospital otherwise he is clearing to many people of being the sk. Also as eva pointed out he dismissed the hospital and sk link yesterday leads me to think he was trying to deflect the fact that one of the 4 patients was the sk
    1. Desmond - Really felt he was setting me up for today . I go down rabbit holes at my peril but he was very quick with my Jeff statement.

You're not answering my question. Why the sudden change?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

#ffa2

No|Player |1| 2| 3| 4|
    1|Nigel| Liam| Isla| Steve|
    2|Gertie |Dessie |Clodagh |Steve| Nigel|
    3|Dessie |Barbara| Eva| Liam|
    4|Derry |Clodagh| Nigel| Barbara|
    5|Wini| Dessie| Orla |Barbara |
    6|Barbara| Dessie |Wini |
    7|Abi| Eva |Dessie |Clodagh |
    8|Conor| Isla |Brendan| Eva |
    9|Gabriel| Riona| Clodagh| Gertie|
    10|Orla| Eva| Nigel |Steve|
    11|Clodagh| Riona| Abi |Derry|
    12| Riona| Dessie| Clodagh| Gabriel|
    13|Liam|Abi|Wini|Gabriel

Clodagh 5
    Dessie 5
    Eva 4
    Barbara 3
    Nigel 3
    Steve 3
    Isla 2
    Liam 2
    Riona 2
    Abi 2
    Wini 2
    Gabriel 2
    Derry 1
    Gertie 1
    Orla 1
    Brendan 1

I believe eva recanted her ffa on me because it was all a fairy tale.

Clodagh WW wrote:
    Now... onto what I opened with. You really shouldn't kill me and I can prove it. Who has come in 2nd place in the FFAs?

Dessie joint first, Eva third.

Orla WW wrote:
    You're not answering my question. Why the sudden change?

What sudden change. I pointed the finger earlier today and changed vote after collating the FFAs. Although let's see from clodagh now. May be eating my words.

7 people who havent given FFAs: you guys suck.

Yeah, c'mon guys!! FFS!!!!

:P

Desmond WW wrote:
    I believe eva recanted her ffa on me because it was all a fairy tale.

I'm on mobile now. Feel free to update.

What sudden change. I pointed the finger earlier today and changed vote after collating the FFAs. Although let's see from clodagh now. May be eating my words.

You wanted to keep contributors to the thread alive.

Clodagh has 75 posts, you said we'd catch them out eventually.

Why kill her when you'll get double the input of a Liam or a Holly, at the least?

Forget Eva for a sec, you were fine with killing low posters earlier and now you aren't?

It's a very quick switch.

+ 1

Post counts, both low and high, are useful and important data, but no more important than many things which get ignored in the process.

Post counts are rated so highly by some while analysis goes to the wayside.

If you want high post counts, I'll give you that by tomorrow morning, but it'll be complete shíte...gifs, videos, me quoting thought-out posts and just responding with a snide remark, I'll get up to 70+ posts by tomorrow morning no problem with this popular method.

Can't see how it will help the village though.

Here goes nothing.

Sorry Dessie. Well. I'm not really.

Mary, get my back tonight please.

+ 1

Post counts, both low and high, are useful and important data, but no more important than many things which get ignored in the process.

If you want high post counts, I'll give you that by tomorrow morning, but it'll be complete shíte...gifs, videos, me quoting thought-out posts and just responding with a snide remark, I'll get up to 70+ posts by tomorrow morning no problem with this popular method.

You're completely missing the point of my argument, deliberately or otherwise, I don't know.

Orla WW wrote:
    Clodagh has 75 posts, you said we'd catch them out eventually.

Not to the exclusion of what I was reading! For me the time to catch her was now.
    Orla WW wrote:
    Forget Eva for a sec, you were fine with killing low posters earlier and now you aren't?

I'm rattling cages to get responses pal. You have done it yourself in the past so I know you are familiar with it.

You can't guarantee me we don't have a role in the low posters and you can't guarantee pushing one won't cause a premature role reveal.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Why not?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

+ 1

I know it's easy for me to say with a low post count, but I am always skeptical of those with extremely high post counts wanting to target low without any analysis. especially in early game. In my opinion people with circus high post counts are worse, it makes it an extreme chore to go through their posts and make it easy for them to hide ****.

Oh lordy, here we go.

Clodagh WW wrote:
    Mary, get my back tonight please.

Mary? What?!

Desmond WW wrote: »

Why not?

You (and very specifically you) will know soon enough.

That's the thing, I'm not sure if I have to vote for you.

Care to give a quick summation on your feelings about Des? Especially since you didn't tell me to not vote for him.

This will be an active 60 minutes then...

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    You (and very specifically you) will know soon enough.

I don't see what's going on here, or maybe I do see. I don't know.

Mary? What?!

Mary WW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Desmond WW was shot dead.

Advertisement