Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Derry WW wrote: »

(I also tell you what I noticed as well; I asked Riona what she thought of Clodagh FFAing me, and she vanished for a bit and seems to have ignored the question. That's not suspicious enough to warrant me FFAing her right now, but it definitely set a flag up).

Actually I think I made it clear why I didn't want to engage in any Clodagh bashing . . In another village a wolf used my suspicions on a villager so I would make a really strong defence of their role reveal. .

I had just argued with Clodagh and said directly to you
    Riona WW wrote: »
    If I was frantic Phil I would jump all over Clodagh . . . .

I would hate if the wolves thought I was going to be their go to wrecking ball . . :pac:

That's just me wearing my tin foil hat Dessie . .

8a8.gif

I thought it was clear I didn't want to go down that rabbit Hole Dessie and you thanked my next post that said I was looking for a reason to post that gif . .

I don't trust you for these very things where you are making innacurate statements about me . . You are very quick to catch things so I don't think for a second you didn't get what I was saying . .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Can someone check something for me. How many anon accounts have posted so far out of the 25?

All 25, why?

Can someone check something for me. How many anon accounts have posted so far out of the 25?

And 23 players . . . :pac:

Riona, any chance of an FFA?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Actually I think I made it clear why I didn't want to engage in any Clodagh bashing . . In another village a wolf used my suspicions on a villager so I would make a really strong defence of their role reveal. .

I thought it was clear I didn't want to go down that rabbit Hole Dessie and you thanked my next post that said I was looking for a reason to post that gif . .

I don't trust you for these very things where you are making innacurate statements about me . . You are very quick to catch things so I don't think for a second you didn't get what I was saying . .

Are you confusing Desmond and Derry accounts by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Desmond WW wrote:
    all 25.

Curious.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

How is RL looking for you tomorrow Eva?

Right, I'm allowed tell the thread...

My first post in this game is complete bonkers, my RL has been struggling to adapt to this complex game, because...

I'm a sub who was brought in yesterday afternoon, I didn't actually make that first post of Eva's.

Do what you like with me village, but I've put more time into this WW game than I ever planned on doing. I'm trying to help the village despite a heavy RL schedule, but it's getting silly now with the lols and blanket dismissal of anything I now offer the thread based on things I couldn't actually control in early game.

Independent of any subbing taking place or not, I would prefer to hear more from Eva tomorrow. If she can't do that however we might as well kill her.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Eva WW wrote: »

My first post in this game is complete bonkers, my RL has been struggling to adapt to this complex game, because...

I'm a sub who was brought in yesterday afternoon, I didn't actually make that first post of Eva's.

Do what you like with me village, but I've put more time into this WW game than I ever planned on doing. I'm trying to help the village despite a heavy RL schedule, but it's getting silly now with the lols and blanket dismissal of anything I now offer the thread based on things I couldn't actually control in early game.

giphy.gif

So... let me get this straight, you're unhappy with me and say I'm derailing the thread... over a post you didn't even make?

Er.....ok....

• Advertisement

Orla WW wrote:
    So... let me get this straight, you're unhappy with me and say I'm derailing the thread... over a post you didn't even make?

Either you are tunnelling super hard or have an agenda against Eva. We all need time to evaluate this new info. It's ok to reevaluate. Eva's posts this evening have been cogent and in depth. If she is a wolf and keeps posting like that we will catch her out. If she isn't a wolf, she is an asset to the village.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Are you confusing Desmond and Derry accounts by any chance?

It would appear I am . . Maybe I shouldn't vote tonight . . Or slag anybody, ever again . . :o

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Riona, all I wanted was your thoughts on why Clodagh FFA'd me.

I think that was a fair request. I'm not asking you to go down rabbit holes. I'm just asking for your opinion on a small event that happened.

Either you are tunnelling super hard or have an agenda against Eva. We all need time to evaluate this new info. It's ok to reevaluate. Eva's posts this evening have been cogent and in depth. If she is a wolf and keeps posting like that we will catch her out. If she isn't a wolf, she is an asset to the village.

I have no agenda, I wolf read Eva off that exact post she's referring to.

That a sub comes in and makes cogent arguments has no bearing on her alignment whatsoever.

Orla WW wrote: »
    I have no agenda, I wolf read Eva off that exact post she's referring to.

That a sub comes in and makes cogent arguments has no bearing on her alignment whatsoever.

And that they are cogent, I should add - is debatable. It's kinda funny that she specifically targets me, who voted for her last night.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

This feels like Day One again without the riddles. Im still very unsure as to where im leaning.

Orla WW wrote:
    And that they are cogent, I should add - is debatable. It's kinda funny that she specifically targets me, who voted for her last night.

Nah it's not that funny.

Orla WW wrote:

It has a bearing on me wanting to see more from her. Following your own logic there is still other low hanging fruit we can look at. At least with Eva we have the potential to get decent contributions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Independent of any subbing taking place or not, I would prefer to hear more from Eva tomorrow. If she can't do that however we might as well kill her.

I'll do what I can, which is why I feel 'what I can' currently being defensive posts is a big waste of mine and the village's time. It might suit some people to keep me on the defensive though, rather than me using any free-time I have to investigate. I've been scarce, but still offered things that no one has honestly replied to, which were only used to spin against me or laugh at.

To convey that I am just not useful to the village is harsh. I've done a lot of homework and reading to catch-up with this complex game, to understand what the whole clue business was, the hospital stuff, I'm still just getting into the game plus I don't know the source material too well. In utmost compliment to the mods, this is not your average game of WW and there's a learning curve for me.

I will try and be more useful to the village for as long as I survive, but getting called in as a sub so early was just not something my RL expected or really allowed for. The fact that I had not been following the game from the start was not a help either.

Also, even though I did not make Eva's first post, I can clearly see what he/she meant about this game and the last game. There were 10 days between games - Some people might still be looking at anon names and associating them with 'wolf', 'SK', 'RV', 'crazy bastard who sent the village into a wormhole and kept the game going for an extra 3 days' :D

But yeah, even though I didn't write it I can see what that first post meant, and to now use a first day post like that as reasoning on Day 2 FFA is hollow and shady.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

#ffa2

Des... i think des is the sk, plain and simple. I think the sk is still in hospital otherwise he is clearing to many people of being the sk. Also as eva pointed out he dismissed the hospital and sk link yesterday leads me to think he was trying to deflect the fact that one of the 4 patients was the sk

Clodagh. Tbh reading the clodagh v Riona interactions over the past hour (hour of reading) i dont understand why she wont drop it. Personally I believe that Riona's mistake was just that as i outlined earlier. Give it a rest.

Steve/nigel... "I'm in hospital, laters" wtf? / "nigel you're a wolf", "ok bye" for some reason i can't access the post counts atm but i dont believe either of these posted post munch?

Gabby, im sorry i dont have as much time as you to read everything and post attacking everyone (sorry shake some trees)

Derry, just to point out my ffa and vote was done pretty early before the whole idea of a wagon had materialised.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

What i would like is for everyone to commit to an FFA by 6pm.

Alright boss, that was never gonna happen from me. I said it already that I'd only be available after 5pm, and other than the commute home and making a quick bite to eat I've been catching up on the thread ever since. I can still do an FFA. TBH, I've only skimmed the thread, and may have missed some stuff.
    2. - Nigel - Aiming at a lower poster here, he's someone who flagged on my radar massively on Day 1 and then vanished off it completely on Day 2. That worries me massively, cause it indicates a deliberate shift in playstyle.

Sorry, but it indicates nothing except that the weekend was over and RL and earning a bit of dough to pay for my internet so I can play this game happened. I think on Sunday from game opening to bed-time I was one of the top posters. Not top three, but way up there for sure. But you'll be glad to hear that I'm free for the rest of the week now and will be back to Sunday-levels of posting from me.

Now, for my #FFA2:
    Liam
    Isla
    Steve

I don't have any specific reasons for any of them, except that others have a higher percentage villager lean to me. None of the above have stood out as having contributed much. I reiterate, it's been a quick skim since getting home, so sorry if I've missed some genius moments from any of them.

Someone asked specifically for those who didn't do an FFA yesterday (hands up) to explain their vote. Mine was on Orla, and it was cast at about 10.15am that morning via PM to the mods as the lynch form wasn't open - this was mentioned on the thread. So, I really had less than 24 hours of posts to go with to make a decision but I didn't want to incur a penalty of not voting. I chose her because I had bigger villager leans on others who'd been posting up to then, and her posts seemed fluffy and didn't contribute much. I hadn't managed to catch up with the thread yesterday before lynch so let my placeholder stand. If I had managed to catch up, I guess I'd have chosen one of today's FFAs instead.

Now, I see she's added me to her FFA just because I voted for her, which IMO is a ridiculous move, but makes her a bad player (sorry not sorry), rather than a bad character. Anything else I've seen from her in the nearly two days since I voted for her has given her at least a neutral, possibly a very light villager lean to me.

But yeah, even though I didn't write it I can see what that first post meant, and to now use a first day post like that as reasoning on Day 2 FFA is hollow and shady.

That's a bit disingenuous now Eva, I made a post this morning responding to Des on my reasoning. So it wasn't just that post, but it certainly didn't help as I've found you shady since that.

Not everybody that said they'd be playing was added to the sign-up OP. I'd wondered that myself (because I like to play my own little internal game of seeing if I can spot who's playing as who … which I'm usually crap at), and noticed the discrepancy.

Riona, all I wanted was your thoughts on why Clodagh FFA'd me.

I think that was a fair request. I'm not asking you to go down rabbit holes. I'm just asking for your opinion on a small event that happened.

I took it that you wanted me to go on a rant against Clodagh . . I am sure you understand my reservations in trying to not make the mistakes I made before . .

That said, I honestly wasn't paying attention to that as I didn't get past the first name on the list:
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Also seeing as I'm gonna be pretty patchy with getting to follow this for the next few hours I'll post an #FFA2 now. If I get a chance to reread and revise before lynch I will.

1. Riona - Because of my posts today. I'm immediately wary of anyone encouraging any kind of reveals (NRVs or RV). Also the defensiveness followed by "what defensiveness" doesn't look good to me. However I'm willing to entertain the possibility that I'm tunnelled.

2. Abigail - In my eyes she was advocating against discussing who should be peaked etc. I don't see the danger in the group coming together to decide a peak.

3. Derry - I had him on my ffa yesterday. Still can't understand why he held off on sharing his puzzle results.

Is that it ? That you didn't share your results quicker ? Did I miss something else ?

Steve/nigel... "I'm in hospital, laters" wtf? / "nigel you're a wolf", "ok bye" for some reason i can't access the post counts atm but i dont believe either of these posted post munch?

You're correct. I can confirm that until 18:54, I did not post after the munch.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Sure. We'll ignore the first post that I still find odd despite explanation. Direct note excerpts coming.

Post 610

Post Fluff? That's my job! Not buying the act, I think this a low posting wolf buying themselves a day.

Post 638

Able to notice the low posters for sure.... My suspicions deepen

Rest is Fluff, until:

Post 665

Back to being detached, yet previously noticed low posters. How convenient. Getting my vote tonight.

Eva, to say I'm on your case simply for one post is a bare-faced lie.

This is the post I made to Des, directly from my notes after he asked for my reasoning.

The 'getting my vote tonight' referred to the lynch, day 1. Note where I say - direct excerpt?

So you pushing this line of me being shady for a post you didn't make is, like the point you brought up against Desmond, a mistake at best and a lie at worst.

#ffa2

No|Player |1| 2| 3| 4|
    1|Nigel| Liam| Isla| Steve|
    2|Gertie |Dessie |Clodagh |Steve| Nigel|
    3|Dessie |Barbara| Eva| Liam|
    4|Derry |Clodagh| Nigel| Barbara|
    5|Wini| Dessie| Orla |Barbara |
    6|Barbara| Dessie |Wini |
    7|Abi| Eva |Dessie |Clodagh |
    8|Conor| Isla |Brendan| Eva |
    9|Gabriel| Riona| Clodagh| Gertie|
    10|Orla| Eva| Nigel |Steve|
    11|Clodagh| Riona| Abi |Derry|

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I took it that you wanted me to go on a rant against Clodagh . . I am sure you understand my reservations in trying to not make the mistakes I made before . .

That said, I honestly wasn't paying attention to that as I didn't get past the first name on the list:

Is that it ? That you didn't share your results quicker ? Did I miss something else ?

Pretty much.

I'm not looking for a rant. I just wanted your read on if you thought Clodagh's reason for FFA'ing me was solid. I really didn't think it was that big a question, and you seem to have jumped more onto it than I had expected.

I'm more than a little concerned now though you seem to be trying to jump through as many hoops as possible to avoid even a slight take on the matter. Literally, all I wanted to know what your thoughts were on Clodagh's FFA in relation to me, and what your read on that was.

User Name Posts
    Orla WW 210
    Gabriel WW 187
    Desmond WW 122
    Riona WW 105
    Derry WW 80
    Clodagh WW 75
    Conor WW 71
    Barbara WW 70
    Abigail WW 63
    Katie WW 56 Dead by lynch
    Tegan WW 52
    Winifred WW 51
    Doris WW 50
    Mary WW 48 Dead by munch
    Nigel WW 42
    Brendan WW 42
    Wendy WW 40 Dead by Vig (is that the assumption?)
    Isla WW 37
    Gertrude WW 22
    Holly WW 21
    Steve WW 19
    Eva WW 18
    Liam WW 16
    WerewolfGM 14 n/a
    Frank WW 12 Dead by SK
    Oisin WW 1 Dead by mods
    Loughc 1 n/a
    Pter 1 n/a

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Thanks for collating Gabriel. I'm considering pulling Eva from my FFA given the subbing but not 100% committed to that yet.

Can anyone who was hospitalised today give a rough time they got notice? Working on a theory.

Advertisement