Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    So, basically - your entire argument against me (and Des, to an extent) boils down to us posting too much. :pac:

Maybe if the likes of yourself, and Nigel, and Steve and all the hidden wolves decided to play the game instead of hiding in the shadows then we wouldn't have to do the bulk of the posting....

If that's all you took from that, then it is clear you are someone there is no point wasting words with.

Laugh off that response of my FFA, use another post of mine about the SK to spin it into something to use in your own useless FFA (FFA Nigel just cause he voted for you), just put all my input down to shady and/or fluff if it suits you.

If you were village, you would be at least addressing some things I've brought up since midnight while still suspecting me, rather than just using them disingenuously to build a case against me.

As well as any of that, I'm not sure about Steve, but Nigel has made a decent contribution to the thread. Something far more important to the village than anything I can see you and your 200 posts contributing. Low posters are important to keep an eye on, but on the flipside, they are a handy place for wolves to point to while they themselves fill the thread with a whole pile of nothing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    I explained the situation for myself yesterday, that I was basically as good as starting the game fresh, that I had no time to investigate, that I was looking for FFA results before I decided my vote as that was my best hope for Day 1. I put in a placeholder for Wendy during the pill business with the hope of getting back in the evening, but that wasn't to be. If I had have gotten the time to investigate yesterday and do an FFA, this would have been it and so far today those feelings haven't changed today...

Orla...

Orla with the reads lists yesterday afternoon - 'I'm going to post a reads list' was said and responded to so much and for so long before a reads list actually arrived. She kept the village quite focused on these superior reads lists for an afternoon, but on two occasions when a crux in Orla's plan was brought up, she just shrugged it off with a 'Oh yeah, good point, that's that then' response, but still persisted.

That's fine normally with a villager trying something new, but given how much Orla appears to know about the game of WW, these seem likes cruxes she already should have been aware of when singing the praises of read lists to the village. Still though, it kept the village talking about reads lists and FFAs for a whole afternoon, without really talking about suspects to put on those lists. Eventually, a reads list came from Orla which was not worth the hype.

Add that to, Orla flipping between defensive/offensive/affable quite often, the gifs and videos which make both her posts and the thread more difficult for the village to search through, I think she is just a distraction and a waste to the village. Yesterday it was the reads lists, then this morning she says she is putting her vote on Eva again (after being the only one to do so last night). It's not the fact that it is me, it's the fact that a good 12 hours before lynch, before a whole day of events transpire, she's already tunneling on the same villager and stating she will be voting for that person. So many words and ideas from Orla, but still her action just boils down to 'Lynch low poster whose first post I clearly misunderstood'.

Just a waste of the villages time with reads lists on Day 1 of a game, her votes and so many other things. I've seen other players offer imperfect suggestions which bring the village forward, Orla's just bring the village sideways or backwards and then when called on it she chalks it off to 'I'm a deeply flawed individual, emoji'...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108106717&postcount=708

Des...

Post 491 from Des is what initially made me raise an eye-brow. To be outright dismissing the hospital as the work of SK, when the deaths still could happen 'munch to munch', was unnecessarily dismissive at that time and potentially dangerous to the village. Looking to completely rule out SK even though the OP points to SK, and at the same time try to move this onto the wolves, not a village friendly move.

At that time, it was good for the village to keep an open mind. However, looking to rule out the most obvious explanation in favor of an even more unlikely one is suspicious for me.

Also, I didn't like the fact that although Des was not in favor of FFAs, was pushing the reads lists, that he persisted with Liam to provide a third name for Liam's FFA. Could be a villager just a little too eager with every player, or a wolf looking to fuel distraction and throw shade.

Between Des and Orla, I feel there's been a lot of distraction and shade. Sure, one person's 'distraction' could be another person's 'just covering all bases' or 'shaking a few trees', but I feel Orla and Des went beyond just trying to provide the village with options yesterday. There was a whole load of posts in the thread yesterday, but not a proportionate amount of substance, and I feel Des was responsible for that if not as much as Orla.

Abi...

Got the vibe off some of Abi's posts yesterday that she was just providing a summary of posts she had read in the thread or maybe a back room. Whatever it was, it just seemed a convenient way of writing a few paragraphs without actually contributing anything new to the village. This post for example...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108106574&postcount=685

There are points today though when I have felt a bit better about her. Abi is a distant 3rd in my FFAs currently.

FFA#2

1. Orla
    2. Des
    3. Abi

Finally, someone with sence in this village!

Let's kill Desmond, he's the smart wolf.

Riona, you up for killing Desmond?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    FFA#2
    Abi - still with the reason from yesterday. Hated that post on day 1.

tenor.gif?itemid=9637044

by the way Liam that one post you thought was too fluffy or whatever was on day 0 and in my opinion FFAing me and no doubt voting for me 2 days in a row is the definition of tunneling.

You've highlighted it. Now please get active on the thread yourself so that your posts can stand out to people and contribute to the village by looking at others.

was gonna put one of the low posters down for non engagement but that's more than a little hypocritical of me

If you actually think low level posters look dodgy say so. This is about catching wolves not just about making yourself look less dodgy in comparison and saving your hide.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I'm a waste, says the fluff pot? :pac:

Called it before the lynch last night.... WAY ahead of you. So thanks for trying to take credit for me mentioning it ;)

You took 3 hours to do your FFA, and it basically comes to me and Des high posting, and half a point about Abi. *Claps slowly*

I've made my decision already, you're a wolf or dead weight to the village with promises of 'Oh I'll be back later'

Okay, i know i questioned why you voted here, but I'm now seeing it.

Eva's mention that I 'persisted with Liam' tweaked me.
    Then Liams FFA tweaked me again.
    I'm failrly confident, both wolves.
    I'll go EVA tonight if we can find any sort of concensus.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Sorry guys 2-6 not great for me with work. Have an hour now so going through thread.

• Advertisement

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Okay, i know i questioned why you voted here, but I'm now seeing it.

Eva's mention that I 'persisted with Liam' tweaked me.
    Then Liams FFA tweaked me again.
    I'm failrly confident, both wolves.
    I'll go EVA tonight if we can find any sort of concensus.

Oooh, the wolfies are rattled

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

#ffa2

Des: I don’t know what to make here. Won’t engage properly, won’t answer questions properly, generally just rude. Makes lots of pronouncements but really slow to back anything up. Could be play style or just a wolf derailing the village. Either way it’s odd and dodge

Winnie

Back from last night too! There’s sort of nothing there. No interrogation, no analysis, a bit of calling people wolves and that’s it. I get that people can’t always play on the day but there’s only so much null that you can take.

Flip side of this is Winnie hates des so can they both be wolves? dunno tbh. I don’t have a third yet, I’ve been stuck in a tunnel with des. May come back to it

Oooh, the wolfies are rattled

Would you prefer we vote Liam than eva? We could go that way instead, lets make it your choice between Liam and Eva.

Would you prefer we vote Liam than eva? We could go that way instead, lets make it your choice between Liam and Eva.

I'm voting you, mr clever wolf. Or are you the SK? I think you the wolf tho

Barbara WW wrote: »
    #ffa2

Des: I don’t know what to make here. Won’t engage properly, won’t answer questions properly, generally just rude. Makes lots of pronouncements but really slow to back anything up. Could be play style or just a wolf derailing the village. Either way it’s odd and dodge

Winnie

Back from last night too! There’s sort of nothing there. No interrogation, no analysis, a bit of calling people wolves and that’s it. I get that people can’t always play on the day but there’s only so much null that you can take.

Flip side of this is Winnie hates des so can they both be wolves? dunno tbh. I don’t have a third yet, I’ve been stuck in a tunnel with des. May come back to it

You think I am teamed with winifred.
    That cracks me up.

• Advertisement

#ffa2

Winnie

Wolves are scared!!!. And worried about Desmond....

Which one are you?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

>> that he (des) persisted with Liam to provide a third name for Liam's FFA.

I disputed this ever happened and is a fictional fairy tale you made up.
    Can you show me evidence of this please

Ok, sorry if I got that wrong, will go back and double-check. It may take a short while if that's alright with you, I'm sure it is. In the mean-time, anyone who is reading, I might have made a mistake in my FFA with Des.

LOL again Orla. Just because I didn't say I was stuffing my face like you, doesn't mean I don't have other things going on. I posted over 500 words in that FFA, sorry if it didn't come in at a time limit you had prescribed in your head. Sorry if I wasn't hammering away at it for every second of that 90 minutes.

You talk about how long it took me to post that, but your own feeble FFA took a fair while too. You're a complete shade flinger and a hypocrite, nothing more, no matter what your post count is.

Address nothing that I've brought up, falsely sum up that my reasoning with Des is that he is posting too much (throwing in 'to an extent' doesn't even cut it) but answer one simple question...

I'm not talking about roles or nrv, but are you team village? Yes or no will do.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Ah, so when you agree with Winnie, you're good.

But when you accuse her or FFA her... you're a wolf.

Sound logic that :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

How is RL looking for you tomorrow Eva?

Ok, sorry if I got that wrong, will go back and double-check. It may take a short while if that's alright with you, I'm sure it is. In the mean-time, anyone who is reading, I might have made a mistake in my FFA with Des.

LOL again Orla. Just because I didn't say I was stuffing my face like you, doesn't mean I don't have other things going on. I posted over 500 words in that FFA, sorry if it didn't come in at a time limit you had prescribed in your head. Sorry if I wasn't hammering away at it for every second of that 90 minutes.

You talk about how long it took me to post that, but your own feeble FFA took a fair while too. You're a complete shade flinger and a hypocrite, nothing more, no matter what your post count is.

Address nothing that I've brought up, falsely sum up that my reasoning with Des is that he is posting too much (throwing in 'to an extent' doesn't even cut it) but answer one simple question...

I'm not talking about roles or nrv, but are you team village? Yes or no will do.

I'm team village, Eva honey. Doubt you are though.

#FFA2

Eva & Liam. I think they are a pair of wolves,

and i think i can find another with a word search, badgering , who was that again who said i was badgering liam, well add them as number 3.

Ah, so when you agree with Winnie, you're good.

But when you accuse her or FFA her... you're a wolf.

Sound logic that :pac:

Don't need logic, I just know things.

Change to #ffa2:

Desmond (lynch 2nite)
    Orla (lynch 2moro)
    Babs (shoot, or if not posible, lynch the day after)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

#FFA2

1. Clodagh - I tend to avoid "tit for tat" voting. That isn't what this is though.

Earlier, I listed three names. Myself, Clodagh and Gert. Three people who put in FFAs AND voted within the top 2. I figured there's a good chance one wolf would have wanted to appear super helpful in that manner. I know its not me, so I figure Clodagh or Gert.

Clodagh then shortly afterwards puts me on her FFA with horrid reasonings.
    I had him on my ffa yesterday. Still can't understand why he held off on sharing his puzzle results.

I feel as if Clodagh hasn't aimed bugger all at me today, but when I start progressing down a path that has me worried about her slightly, suddenly I'm on her FFA? And if she'd even said it was a tit for tat thing, fine, but it's the flimsy excuse of putting me on there that worried me.

(I also tell you what I noticed as well; I asked Riona what she thought of Clodagh FFAing me, and she vanished for a bit and seems to have ignored the question. That's not suspicious enough to warrant me FFAing her right now, but it definitely set a flag up).

2. - Nigel - Aiming at a lower poster here, he's someone who flagged on my radar massively on Day 1 and then vanished off it completely on Day 2. That worries me massively, cause it indicates a deliberate shift in playstyle.

3. Barbara - Seems to jump round in terms of visual displays of competence. Seems desperate to steer away from the idea Clodagh is a wolf ("Clodagh wouldn't vote for another wolf", which makes so many assumptions, my head is spinning)

#FFA2

and i think i can find another with a word search, badgering , who was that again who said i was badgering liam, well add them as number 3.

hah, it was barbara.

#FFA3

barbara
    eva
    Liam

3 of 5

Right we are past 6. I'll collate FFAs before 730 if someone else hasn't done it already by then.

• Advertisement

Dessie it's #ffa2

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

hah, it was barbara.

#FFA3

barbara
    eva
    Liam

3 of 5

Can you quote the three posts?

hah, it was barbara.

#FFA2

barbara
    eva
    Liam

3 of 5

FIXED LABELING

Good man desbo

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

#FFA2

Oh that was meeee

But I’m guessing you knew that :)

What a Surprise

Derry WW wrote: »
    Can you quote the three posts?

search thread for badgering
    find earliest use of it.

follow the thread of the accusation.
    The Eva's FFA2
    Then Liam FFA2

I'l do full dive later and post the posts and threads, don't have the availability right now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I haven't disappeared btw, I'm doing an FFA in my notes here. But just want to throw something in while I'm doing that; I think the SK can hospitalise himself as part of his cover.

Those who are being hospitalised, we aren't ruling them out as wolves. Good. I don't think we should rule them out of being SK either.

If SK can't hospitalise himself and his power gets to run for 5+ days, eventually he narrows down the pool of SK suspects. I just can't see that happening.

This exactly. Ive mentioned this a coiple of times but have been ignored on it. Its why I can't shake des atm as he's still in hospital if I've read the thread correctly.

My only issue is, does he HAVE to hospitalise himself or may he do so. Do you put yourself in the first 4 and keep yourself there or do you release yourself as brendan was to take yourself back out of the spotlight?

Can someone check something for me. How many anon accounts have posted so far out of the 25?

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Can someone check something for me. How many anon accounts have posted so far out of the 25?

all 25.

• Advertisement

Ok #ffa1,

Des: interesting posting style today. Seemed happy to stoke gab and orlas ffa arguement earlier, and seemed against ffa, wants full readlists but then badgers Liam to give his single pick. Not sure if it’s tunnelling or a loud wolf but it seems the world is wrong in everything

Winifred: odd, a really quick, cagey ffa then scarpered. The ffa is odd because it’s two of the three players shed linked earlier as wolves working together- the third was Mary, who is dead. Says she’ll be back after 6 so may have answers then

Liam: not really doing anything, just hovering around and being there. Just the right amount of memorable...

There are a few others who are similar to Liam. Clodagh and Abi stick out as not really saying anything or just speculating into the ether. That’s probably still ahead of a few posters who may as well not be here.
    So, your definition of badgering is asking somebody a question. He obliged, and answered that his suspicions are currently on abigail. Would you prefer if that suspicion remained off the thread?

How would you prefer I play this game? By not asking people questions?

Do you feel that I am badgering you at this moment in time?
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Can't really argue with this. I've been keeping up with the thread but didn't have much to add. So I didnt.

Didn't feel badgered at all. You asked for my 1 suspicion and I gave it. That's all.

Said I had a wishy washy suspect. Asked for suspect. Announced suspect. Am now suspicious for announcing suspect. Sigh. :rolleyes:

More importantly though:

Does anyone thing the capitalised B in Big is important?

Think this is what Desmond is on about, Derry.
    I explained the situation for myself yesterday, that I was basically as good as starting the game fresh, that I had no time to investigate, that I was looking for FFA results before I decided my vote as that was my best hope for Day 1. I put in a placeholder for Wendy during the pill business with the hope of getting back in the evening, but that wasn't to be. If I had have gotten the time to investigate yesterday and do an FFA, this would have been it and so far today those feelings haven't changed today...

Orla...

Orla with the reads lists yesterday afternoon - 'I'm going to post a reads list' was said and responded to so much and for so long before a reads list actually arrived. She kept the village quite focused on these superior reads lists for an afternoon, but on two occasions when a crux in Orla's plan was brought up, she just shrugged it off with a 'Oh yeah, good point, that's that then' response, but still persisted.

That's fine normally with a villager trying something new, but given how much Orla appears to know about the game of WW, these seem likes cruxes she already should have been aware of when singing the praises of read lists to the village. Still though, it kept the village talking about reads lists and FFAs for a whole afternoon, without really talking about suspects to put on those lists. Eventually, a reads list came from Orla which was not worth the hype.

Add that to, Orla flipping between defensive/offensive/affable quite often, the gifs and videos which make both her posts and the thread more difficult for the village to search through, I think she is just a distraction and a waste to the village. Yesterday it was the reads lists, then this morning she says she is putting her vote on Eva again (after being the only one to do so last night). It's not the fact that it is me, it's the fact that a good 12 hours before lynch, before a whole day of events transpire, she's already tunneling on the same villager and stating she will be voting for that person. So many words and ideas from Orla, but still her action just boils down to 'Lynch low poster whose first post I clearly misunderstood'.

Just a waste of the villages time with reads lists on Day 1 of a game, her votes and so many other things. I've seen other players offer imperfect suggestions which bring the village forward, Orla's just bring the village sideways or backwards and then when called on it she chalks it off to 'I'm a deeply flawed individual, emoji'...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108106717&postcount=708

Des...

Post 491 from Des is what initially made me raise an eye-brow. To be outright dismissing the hospital as the work of SK, when the deaths still could happen 'munch to munch', was unnecessarily dismissive at that time and potentially dangerous to the village. Looking to completely rule out SK even though the OP points to SK, and at the same time try to move this onto the wolves, not a village friendly move.

At that time, it was good for the village to keep an open mind. However, looking to rule out the most obvious explanation in favor of an even more unlikely one is suspicious for me.

Also, I didn't like the fact that although Des was not in favor of FFAs, was pushing the reads lists, that he persisted with Liam to provide a third name for Liam's FFA. Could be a villager just a little too eager with every player, or a wolf looking to fuel distraction and throw shade.

Between Des and Orla, I feel there's been a lot of distraction and shade. Sure, one person's 'distraction' could be another person's 'just covering all bases' or 'shaking a few trees', but I feel Orla and Des went beyond just trying to provide the village with options yesterday. There was a whole load of posts in the thread yesterday, but not a proportionate amount of substance, and I feel Des was responsible for that if not as much as Orla.

Abi...

Got the vibe off some of Abi's posts yesterday that she was just providing a summary of posts she had read in the thread or maybe a back room. Whatever it was, it just seemed a convenient way of writing a few paragraphs without actually contributing anything new to the village. This post for example...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108106574&postcount=685

There are points today though when I have felt a bit better about her. Abi is a distant 3rd in my FFAs currently.

FFA#2

1. Orla
    2. Des
    3. Abi

And the bolded part of this.

Advertisement