Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

#ffa2
    Derry, just to point out my ffa and vote was done pretty early before the whole idea of a wagon had materialised.

Noted. :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    #ffa2

No|Player |1| 2| 3| 4|
    1|Nigel| Liam| Isla| Steve|
    2|Gertie |Dessie |Clodagh |Steve| Nigel|
    3|Dessie |Barbara| Eva| Liam|
    4|Derry |Clodagh| Nigel| Barbara|
    5|Wini| Dessie| Orla |Barbara |
    6|Barbara| Dessie |Wini |
    7|Abi| Eva |Dessie |Clodagh |
    8|Conor| Isla |Brendan| Eva |
    9|Gabriel| Riona| Clodagh| Gertie|
    10|Orla| Eva| Nigel |Steve|
    11|Clodagh| Riona| Abi |Derry|

Barbara 4
    Clodagh 4
    Dessie 4
    Eva 4
    Nigel 3
    Steve 3
    Isla 2
    Liam 2
    Abi 1
    Derry 1
    Gertie 1
    Orla 1
    Riona 1
    Wini 1

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Nigel, Wendy died by munch and Tegan by vig I think

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

#FFA 2
    1. Desmond - Really felt he was setting me up for today . I go down rabbit holes at my peril but he was very quick with my Jeff statement.
    2. Clodagh - Fairly weak attack and refused to even awknowledge my responses, consistently misinterpreting the points I was making
    3. Gabriel - Hot on the heels to back Clodagh up

I felt all three of above were at me today in what could possibly be a targeted attack to discredit me . . That's why I have to be careful who I trust , particularly people who I feel are snuggling up to me. .

So where are we on the hospital stuff ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Thanks for collating Gabriel. I'm considering pulling Eva from my FFA given the subbing but not 100% committed to that yet.

Can anyone who was hospitalised today give a rough time they got notice? Working on a theory.

Evening folks,
    just in from work, a very fun day.

I was notified at 00:03. As I said this morning much earlier than yesterday#s notices it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Riona be like...

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Barbara 4
    Clodagh 4
    Dessie 4
    Eva 4
    Nigel 3
    Steve 3
    Isla 2
    Liam 2
    Abi 1
    Derry 1
    Gertie 1
    Orla 1
    Riona 1
    Wini 1

I think your count is wrong here

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Nigel, Wendy died by munch and Tegan by vig I think

Oh gods, how did I miss that Tegan was killed? That's what I get for skimming. I did see it of course, but by the time I got to the end it had slipped my mind and the two merged in to each other.

Riona WW wrote: »
    #FFA 2
    1. Desmond - Really felt he was setting me up for today . I go down rabbit holes at my peril but he was very quick with my Jeff statement.
    2. Clodagh - Fairly weak attack and refused to even awknowledge my responses, consistently misinterpreting the points I was making
    3. Gabriel - Hot on the heels to back Clodagh up

I felt all three of above were at me today in what could possibly be a targeted attack to discredit me . . That's why I have to be careful who I trust , particularly people who I feel are snuggling up to me. .

So where are we on the hospital stuff ?

What. Like......what?
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    I think your count is wrong here

Whoops ok ill go over it again.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    search thread for badgering
    find earliest use of it.

follow the thread of the accusation.
    The Eva's FFA2
    Then Liam FFA2

I'l do full dive later and post the posts and threads, don't have the availability right now.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    I'm team village, Eva honey. Doubt you are though.

I never used the word badgering. I'm not a wolf, or SK. I'm Team Village, and if guys are too, maybe we can start working together once we get this evening's lynch out of the way.
    So... let me get this straight, you're unhappy with me and say I'm derailing the thread... over a post you didn't even make?

Er.....ok....

I had to play the game as Eva originally, for all you guys knew I was the same person. I unfortunately had to own that post.

But because I understood Eva's first post and what she meant, I didn't think it would hamper me. I didn't think it would be necessary to announce I was a sub. That post of Eva's seemed alright and a clean enough slate for me to work with and try to explain without mentioning being a sub.

However, now that both that first post and Eva's participation are looking to lead the village down a wasted lynch, now I feel it is important to let you know about the sub. It might not have been as clean a slate as I originally thought. I have gotten mod approval to do this obviously, but reluctance from them to announce it 24+ hours after the fact. I understand their stance on that, especially with such a low mod presence in the game.

Orla has in it in for me, she is halfway to China in that tunnel. The rest of you villagers, a lynch on me tonight is honestly a waste for the village and please read my posts, rather than some else's take on them.

And btw, I'm not looking to put this into a 'me or Orla' situation...I haven't even registered my own vote yet. I'm frustrated that so much time is being wasted on me, while other avenues seem to have fallen completely by the wayside.

• Advertisement

#ffa2

No|Player |1| 2| 3| 4|
    12| Riona| Dessie| Clodagh| Gabriel|

Clodagh 5
    Dessie 5
    Eva 4
    Barbara 3
    Nigel 3
    Steve 3
    Isla 2
    Liam 2
    Riona 2
    Abi 1
    Derry 1
    Gertie 1
    Orla 1
    Wini 1
    Gabriel 1
    Brendan 1

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Either you are tunnelling super hard or have an agenda against Eva. We all need time to evaluate this new info. It's ok to reevaluate. Eva's posts this evening have been cogent and in depth. If she is a wolf and keeps posting like that we will catch her out. If she isn't a wolf, she is an asset to the village.

eh what,

eva can correct if i picked up incorrectly.
    1 post was pre this player
    the rest are this player

all eva posts are attached to the same role.

what new info?

eh what,

eva can correct if i picked up incorrectly.
    1 post was pre this player
    the rest are this player

all eva posts are attached to the same role.

what new info?

Im attributing a lot of the heat Eva is getting on the fact she hasnt been active and posted she was going to offer fluff. We have a reason why that might be the case now, imo. It warrants further study.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

>> that he (des) persisted with Liam to provide a third name for Liam's FFA.

I disputed this ever happened and is a fictional fairy tale you made up.
    Can you show me evidence of this please

I think perhaps she's mixing me up with someone else. I had a 1 person FFA yesterday
    #FFA2

Eva & Liam. I think they are a pair of wolves,

and i think i can find another with a word search, badgering , who was that again who said i was badgering liam, well add them as number 3.

Not a wolf. But sure go right ahead and lynch me. I've no issues with that coz honestly I just don't have time for this game and the amount of work you guys are putting in. Just seen that I'm the lowest poster. I don't think I've EVER been the lowest poster in a game before. :o

Also Gabby you forgot my FFA for today. See:
    Liam WW wrote: »
    FFA#2
    Abi - still with the reason from yesterday. Hated that post on day 1 from her and nothing I've seen since has come across to me as anything but fake and forced.
    Wini - I just can't see her as anything but a wolf. Perhaps i'm tunnelling a bit but her extremely agressive stance towards everyone in the thread just screams wolf to me. A good defensive wolf is an offensive wolf.

Stuck on the third, was gonna put one of the low posters down for non engagement but that's more than a little hypocritical of me now isn't it? So instead I think my #3 will be Gabriel. Got in a fight with Orla yesterday over nothing, seems to be fighting with Des and a few others today over also nothing. Just seeing a lot of deflecting and trying to be helpful.

Sorry folks but I've just not been able to pay as much attention to this thread as I would've liked due to RL stuff and that's likely to continue. Soz.

#ffa2

Des... i think des is the sk, plain and simple. I think the sk is still in hospital otherwise he is clearing to many people of being the sk. Also as eva pointed out he dismissed the hospital and sk link yesterday leads me to think he was trying to deflect the fact that one of the 4 patients was the sk

Clodagh. Tbh reading the clodagh v Riona interactions over the past hour (hour of reading) i dont understand why she wont drop it. Personally I believe that Riona's mistake was just that as i outlined earlier. Give it a rest.

Steve/nigel... "I'm in hospital, laters" wtf? / "nigel you're a wolf", "ok bye" for some reason i can't access the post counts atm but i dont believe either of these posted post munch?

That's my own feeling too. Even if it's not Des, I feel the SK can hospitalise themselves (as I said earlier today) as part of their cover. I just thought Des dismissed that SK=hospital likelihood and looked to shift it to the wolves way too easily and assertively.

Damn, guess that will put me on a wolf team with you for having that same opinion.

Me and Liam are already on a wolf team apparently for having similar opinions about Des. So that would be you, me and Liam as three members of a wolf team. Or me and each of you on two separate wolf teams. We'll have to see.

#ffa2

No|Player |1| 2| 3| 4|
    12| Riona| Dessie| Clodagh| Gabriel|
    13|Liam|Abi|Wini|Gabriel

Clodagh 5
    Dessie 5
    Eva 4
    Barbara 3
    Nigel 3
    Steve 3
    Isla 2
    Liam 2
    Riona 2
    Abi 2
    Wini 2
    Gabriel 2
    Derry 1
    Gertie 1
    Orla 1
    Brendan 1

Derry WW wrote: »
    Pretty much.

I'm not looking for a rant. I just wanted your read on if you thought Clodagh's reason for FFA'ing me was solid. I really didn't think it was that big a question, and you seem to have jumped more onto it than I had expected.

I'm more than a little concerned now though you seem to be trying to jump through as many hoops as possible to avoid even a slight take on the matter. Literally, all I wanted to know what your thoughts were on Clodagh's FFA in relation to me, and what your read on that was.

I don't mind you being concerned Derry , but for Dessie and the other two I would prob still be looking your way . . . I don't trust you and do feel you would be good at ushering me the wrong way if that was your thing.

Incidentally its a bit rich you talking about me avoiding questions that you have continually done for the entire game but I suppose p

Just today I asked you about why you didn't get involved in anyway in the potential seer kill riddle and I dont recall you answering it . . Interestingly Gaby saw that post and thought it was relevant but me actually deflecting . . That must be nice to have somebody who will ignore something dodgy about you so they can railroad their suspicions of somebody else into their FFA. .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Hey folks. Liam checking in.
    Been thinking on the Belshazzar clue. I don't think it's a Caesar cipher as I've tried that out and it's just giving me gobbildigook. Looking into Belshazzar's Feast there's a few options on Google.
    Belshazzar's Feast are a 2 man band from England. Both of their first names is Paul.
    It's also a cantata by William Walton.
    Rembrant has a painting of the feast.

None of these give anything useable though when using the method suggested by someone above:
    Using PAUL as the key we get MYSJYBMS
    Using WALTON as the key we get JYRHYOJR
    Using REMBANDT as the key we get KYSIYAKS
    (assuming that I'm doing it right of course).

I also tried BELSHAZR too and it also gave me nonsense so that seems to be a dead end. Anyone else any good at ciphers?
    OK Derry is the cleverclogs of the village. Well done man.

Now what the **** does redbeard mean besides being a pirate?
    Ok so Derry and Conor are the cryptic crossword players of the group. Well done lads. And well done mods for such an entertaining day 0. Proper head scratcher.
    Oh! Nearly missed that kill story it was so short! Mary was not so softly claiming a role there just before the munch so hopefully she was drawing fire and was NRV.

So Brendan/Derry, any further info on what happens to you in hospital? Just no powers? It does make sense that it would relate to Culverton as it clearly says in the OP that the hospital is his playground?

Brendan, when were you informed?
    Well now this is interesting. Hadn't thought of that at all. Would explain the lack of a death story.
    If it's an elaborate ruse and they're both wolves it's a suicide plot on day one with no one under pressure.

Add to that now that Des is also corroborating it and says there is a 4th its even more unlikely to be a scam. We don't know if it's a SK move or a wolf move or a village move but in any case it seems like the real deal. We'll just have to wait and see what the outcome is.
    User Name| Posts
    Orla WW |78
    Mary WW |48
    Derry WW |35
    Katie WW |33
    Riona WW |31
    Nigel WW |31
    Conor WW| 27
    Winifred WW |22
    Clodagh WW| 22
    Abigail WW |20
    Brendan WW| 20
    Doris WW| 18
    Gabriel WW |16
    Desmond WW| 16
    Tegan WW |16
    Wendy WW| 11
    Steve WW |10
    Frank WW| 9
    Liam WW |6
    Barbara WW| 5
    Eva WW |1
    Holly WW |1

So by my counting we've yet to hear from Gertrude, Isla and Oisín.
    To throw in my 2 cents on this issue. I don't like FFA's on day 1 as I think it's just mud slinging and ways of trapping people into making choices based on nothing. D1 lynches are usually mistakes.

In saying that however I have a much better chance of putting 3 people in a suspicious/warranting more investigation list than giving a read on absolutely everyone in the village. So Orla, go right ahead and give us all your list. No problem with that. I'll probably try to hash together something like an FFA this evening. I've maybe 1 person I'd put on it so far. But as I said, it's only for a wishy washy reason.
    The person is Abigail and it's mostly for this post yesterday:

It just comes across to me as really fake friendly. It really stuck out to me yesterday as it's just so manufactured. Like she's been discussing what to say in a backroom to get her posts up and has shambled that together from what everyone in the backroom was saying.

Wishy washy as hell but that's where I am atm.
    Can't really argue with this. I've been keeping up with the thread but didn't have much to add. So I didnt.

Didn't feel badgered at all. You asked for my 1 suspicion and I gave it. That's all.

Said I had a wishy washy suspect. Asked for suspect. Announced suspect. Am now suspicious for announcing suspect. Sigh. :rolleyes:

More importantly though:

Does anyone thing the capitalised B in Big is important?
    Isla WW wrote: »
    I was thinking of a dream too
    Answer: A solution
    Answer: Fear?
    Surely, as with last time, 'they' is the gender neutral pronoun to avoid giving a sex to the seer?
    Reason for voting Abi yesterday below:

Didn't really have anyone else massively suspicious and didnt have time in the evening to trawl through posts so just went for her. PProb wont have much time tonight either but i'll try get an ffa in.
    FFA#2
    Abi - still with the reason from yesterday. Hated that post on day 1 from her and nothing I've seen since has come across to me as anything but fake and forced.
    Wini - I just can't see her as anything but a wolf. Perhaps i'm tunnelling a bit but her extremely agressive stance towards everyone in the thread just screams wolf to me. A good defensive wolf is an offensive wolf.

Stuck on the third, was gonna put one of the low posters down for non engagement but that's more than a little hypocritical of me now isn't it? So instead I think my #3 will be Gabriel. Got in a fight with Orla yesterday over nothing, seems to be fighting with Des and a few others today over also nothing. Just seeing a lot of deflecting and trying to be helpful.

Sorry folks but I've just not been able to pay as much attention to this thread as I would've liked due to RL stuff and that's likely to continue. Soz.

I have a lot of detective work to do to catch up and I am going to explore it by player if I can, so will take awhile to do a full FFA.

As a starting point I picked up on Liam. His reason for voting Abigail yesterday was really a nothing reason, but it was day 1 and that's the run of the mill kind of thing so I wouldn't be holding that against him: this is the post that had Liam on Abigail yesterday
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    for page one you guys & gals are truely on it! Hope y'all keep it up like this throughout and aren't just looking helpful cos I haven't a fecking clue looking at those things.

I wonder can D.I Lestrade interrogate people or just imprison them

Culverton Smith seems interesting based on him apparently not being to stop himself from bragging about kills.

I thought I missed the Jeff Hope episode but after googling he's the cab killer from ep1

Without tasks im usually at a loose end though, not sure what to look for if Culverton won't be tasked with bragging etc but it is day 0 so ill go back to eating honey for now
    giphy.gif

Now I fully get that I am low poster this time around as well, unfortunately due to work stuff, so I see the hypocrisy in point to Liam but what can you do.

The issue I have with him is that when you look at the sum of his contributions, there's really nothing. Enough to bump post count, carefully placed table to appear villagery and all of that by itself isn't enough to send him to the gallows. But:
    tonight he has simply FFAed Abigail again and in doing so reused the exact same point and her exact same post from yesterday. It just screams of trying to get by. Any one of those things on their own, I'd probably gloss over Liam as just a low poster but in my mind all of those things combined makes me very nervous of him. It doesn't take a massive effort to examine even some interactions and/or some players to try formulate some view.

For example, I voted Abigail last night and I outlined this:
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Kinda leaning towards a vote on Abigail.
    Most of their early posts today were to simply summarise events and appear helpful. It's a ****ty day one vote I'm afraid.

But even having done the most basic skim through some of today's thread I can already see Abigail is more engaged and trying to (/appear to) work stuff through. So I have evolved my views on her. I am not saying I am putting her as village or villain yet because I haven't investigated enough, but what I am saying is that a really simple, not overly time consuming examination allows views to evolve. Liam hasn't done that and that is why he gives me a wolf vibe.

I will be back with more.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Can anyone who is on Clodagh and/or Des give me an argument for either? I have pretty neutral reads on both of them which actually worries me.

The only things I can see for the two of them is that Clodagh seems measured but missing and I am surprised by others coming to her defense - always suspect as I trust no one. Des was very suss of Wendy's post about the pills but so was I at the time. Now she's dead and seems to have been targeted twice by the wolves, I'm rethinking that.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Dr. John Watson – He is a crack shot, heralding from his long years in Afghanistan, alongside his 2 bullets he also has the ability to heal.

TBH, until today's discussion, I'd assumed that the above meant that he could heal himself, ie that he had two lives [maybe that assumption because of last game?] It had never actually occurred to me that he could heal another player. If that is the case, then I highly doubt "heal" means the same as bring back to life, but it might be about bestowing a second life on another player.

• Advertisement

Im attributing a lot of the heat Eva is getting on the fact she hasnt been active and posted she was going to offer fluff. We have a reason why that might be the case now, imo. It warrants further study.

Yep, basically I got a PM asking could I play at about midday yesterday which I did not see until after 3pm. I then had some back and forth with the mods about my availability, they didn't care once I got 5 posts and a lynch vote in yesterday.

So I was straight up with you guys about that yesterday, about needing to post 5 times or face modkill so it would likely be fluff in order to achieve that. I was not following the game thread at all until I agreed to enter the game at about 3pm yesterday. And even then, I had not got the time or game knowledge to post anything other than fluff and a list of the low posters in those 5 posts.

That enough people are FFAing Clodagh when i had already suspected her means ill be changing my vote to Clodagh.

Thread ded?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Kids, bed etc etc...

Can anyone who is on Clodagh and/or Des give me an argument for either? .

iloQJey.jpg

Gabby, quick question. You don't want to kill active thread contributors yet that's exactly what we're likely to do based off the FFAs...

As per usual, the quiet ones get to skate by with little to no input.

Same game, same old sh1te.

*Different game, same old sh1te even.

Gabby, quick question. You don't want to kill active thread contributors yet that's exactly what we're likely to do based off the FFAs...

As per usual, the quiet ones get to skate by with little to no input.

Same game, same old sh1te.

Why what has Clodagh contributed?

The low poster cull is silly when the baiting of the low posters actually works and they start contributing. You need to keep your head on a swivel Orls.

Pivottttt.jpg

Can anyone who is on Clodagh and/or Des give me an argument for either? I have pretty neutral reads on both of them which actually worries me.

I'm fairly confused by these two too. Standby for summary of FFAs for each.

• Advertisement

Approaching 8 o clock. Everyone gird your loins lest the SK surprise us again. Stay focused!!

Advertisement